StarlightSpyro

Spyro the dragon series

See this as a possibility to bring Spyro back later.

Spyro is a dead franchise, if this game sells because of Spyro's name, maybe they will try to do a real Spyro game?

Less hate, more hope.

PS: I really wait for this game to come out, it looks really fun.

sleep.gif No background as to how Chaos came to be a bad guy, and a really pathetic plot at that. And as far as I can tell for the design of the game there are going to be a lot of issues with it. Not to mention that they are indeed selling it as a Spyro game instead of a separate game with Spyro just being in it. And I hate to say this but the only character I find interesting is the blue-skinned girl that looks like she's wearing a ninja mask, and only because of her appearance. Believe me, I'm personally not going to like to play that game, not to mention its kind of like a 'pay to play' since you have to buy the other figures to play it, and I don't buy 'pay to play' games for that reason. I've played games with a better concept behind it even if the plot line was predictable and the graphics were horrible, but the concept behind this game I must admit is interesting, but not enough so that I would buy it. At least with the first Spyro you saw why it was you were up against Gnasty Gnorc. Edited by Lunardragon89

I can't believe some people are actually happy about this.

I realize that some people hate TLOS because it was just shocking to change from classic to that, and that's fine and understandable. The changes were drastic and some people just preferred to play Classic. And some people loved it despiet this for story or gameplay or whatever.

But Skylanders...ugh. At least TLOS STARRED Spyro. It was about Spyro, it was still Spyro, and that was all that mattered. Spyro was a little less...oh, cocky, maybe, because Classic Spyro sorta just liked to throw himself headlong into things, but despite the slight personality change, it was still Spyro. Here, he just grunts, right? Last I heard he doesn't even talk, he GRUNTS. And if I hadn't been told that the game was about Spyro, I wouldn't have recognized him. AND SPARX IS GONE. WTF. SPARX IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTERS. He doesn't get much credit, but it's true. He is. This is just a bunch of, as Sparx would put it, 'wacky thingies' thrown into a game. And indeed, some people are becoming part of their freakshow.

I rest my case.

Edited by TLOSpyrogirl

I can't believe some people are actually happy about this.

I realize that some people hate TLOS because it was just shocking to change from classic to that, and that's fine and understandable. The changes were drastic and some people just preferred to play Classic. And some people loved it despiet this for story or gameplay or whatever.

But Skylanders...ugh. At least TLOS STARRED Spyro. It was about Spyro, it was still Spyro, and that was all that mattered. Spyro was a little less...oh, cocky, maybe, because Classic Spyro sorta just liked to throw himself headlong into things, but despite the slight personality change, it was still Spyro. Here, he just grunts, right? Last I heard he doesn't even talk, he GRUNTS. And if I hadn't been told that the game was about Spyro, I wouldn't have recognized him. AND SPARX IS GONE. WTF. SPARX IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTERS. He doesn't get much credit, but it's true. He is. This is just a bunch of, as Sparx would put it, 'wacky thingies' thrown into a game. And indeed, some people are becoming part of their freakshow.

I rest my case.

It's not right to judge a book by it's cover, it's just as wrong to judge a game before you try it. If you diss it without trying it then you don't really know what you diss, if try it and still don't like it then you're talking from honest experience and not discriminating based on looks. If you judge a book by it's cover you never know if it's any good. If I refused to try TLOS just because Spryo's appearance changed a little I would have missed a great game series.

Edited by Storm skyflyer

I've seen the gameplay video. I hate it.

Hey, if this wasn't Activision just trying to pull a fast one, I might have played it, because it looks like a cute game. But the thing is, this is just one of their advertising scams. 'Oh my god! Look, Spyro! This game should be awesome!'. Oh, and not to mention, three-hundred dollars just to fully experience the game? Ah, no thanks. Elder Scrolls series didn't need to do that and they earned well over three million. Thirty-six million, to be exact. Games are supposed to be judged on how good they are made, not how good your company is at scamming people.

I've seen the gameplay video. I hate it.

Hey, if this wasn't Activision just trying to pull a fast one, I might have played it, because it looks like a cute game. But the thing is, this is just one of their advertising scams. 'Oh my god! Look, Spyro! This game should be awesome!'. Oh, and not to mention, three-hundred dollars just to fully experience the game? Ah, no thanks. Elder Scrolls series didn't need to do that and they earned well over three million. Thirty-six million, to be exact. Games are supposed to be judged on how good they are made, not how good your company is at scamming people.

I just watched several videos, and you're right. None of the characters seem to have a personality. Its more like you just go through the game, grain experience and that's it. sleep.gif Not only that but it costs way too much for such a game that can supposedly be played on any system. If that's the case it shouldn't cost all that much. I miss Insomniac.

I'm not trying to change anyone's opinions here, but I just wanted to address a couple things. Firstly, Spyro does talk in this game. You can hear him talk

Sparx is back in the game, too. He's a magic item available in a toy pack.

user posted image

Does he look horrifyingly creepy? Perhaps, but it's still him.

Edited by panic_at_the_disco

I'm not trying to change anyone's opinions here, but I just wanted to address a couple things. Firstly, Spyro does talk in this game. You can hear him talk
Sparx is back in the game, too. He's a magic item available in a toy pack.

user posted image

Does he look horrifyingly creepy? Perhaps, but it's still him.

WHAT IN CELESTIA'S NAME IS THAT MONSTROSITY?

RIP Spyro, September 10 1998-October 16 2011

Rest in peace, friend. I'll never forget the long, joyful hours you've brought me. :'( I...I grew up with him! I grew up playing his games and dreaming about him and writing about him and...and... *bursts into tears*

Have to agree with most people, i dont like the New Spyro Skylanders. Ive seen the game play and even played it. I dont enjoy it. I was willing to give it a chance like I had for the new Spyro Enternal Night etc.. But I really dont enjoy it. Some people may like it but Im just voicing my opinion

WHAT IN CELESTIA'S NAME IS THAT MONSTROSITY?

That is all I have to say. I just watched the trailer for Skylanders, and I couldn't help but cringe. :| Lately I have been re-playing through Spyro 2 and 3, I love those games. ;3;

The main villain's name just makes the whole thing worse. Kaos...what were they thinking? '-_-

Creative.

--

I doubt I'll be buying this game. I might look at a few videos on YouTube, but I don't think I would like this style.

The main villain's name just makes the whole thing worse. Kaos...what were they thinking? '-_-

In all fairness, was 'Malefor' any better? (And this isn't starting on Cynder, Ignitus, Terrador, Voltier....)

Granted, 'Kaos' is even more facepalm worthy, but Spyro has a proud tradition of painfully obvious names xd.png

Malefor, Latin root for evil. Or related to Maleficent, which was that evil person's name in that disney movie...er...xd.png

It's not THAT obvious. xd.png

And what about Hunter or Elora? Or Agent 9 or Bianca or...Cyril. Cyril I never got. Terrador, Terrae, right? Ignitus, Ignite, Volteer, Volt, but Cyril...???

And Spyro is Greek for breath, so that's not TOO painfully obvious.

But seriously, Kaos is just AWFUL. xd.png Although I will admit, it's definitely not worse than 'Manweresmall'...

I've played Skylanders... (at a friend's house...) and hated it. I still hate it. My opinion is that.

I may be called old school and sentimental but the original three were my all time favorites. Ripto's Rage, Year of the Dragon and Spyro the Dragon are the games I grew up on, on our old school playstation... which unfortunatly met it's untimly death a few years back. However I do enjoy the GBA games and the Legend series. I own a lot of them.