StarlightSpyro

Spyro the dragon series

TLoS:ANB's gameplays watched, and as expected, awesomenessSSss.... *BOOM* xd.png

Now the problem is local availability;And since i can't make my money virtual... Oh well. Guess i'll have to lurk more. =/

I haven't played any Spyro games in forever. The last one I played through was Hero's Tail, and anything that came out after that I just straight-up haven't played at all.

When I was younger the GBA Spyro games were my favourites though. Even though the Season of Ice speedways were bloody impossible D:

I know, right?

Me: GAH! I KEEP GETTING HIT BY METEORS!!!!!

And that was just the first one!

I still think the original three were the best. And yes, my avatar is from the game. xd.png I took a screen shoot of it while playing it on my laptop. It's from the second set of credits if I recall right, the one after you beat Gnasty and get the treasure form the bonus round. I love him in shades! xd.png

lol, that scene was funny. I always did love the first 3 games, felt less love but still LOVE towards all the games up until the LoS series, and I perfectly adored that series.

And along came Skylanders...*retches*

Oh god I LOVE Spyro! I'm still addicted to his games, even though I don't own them anmore orz I got rid of my ps2 a while back.....I regret it. I was always an avid fan of Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. Even my mother would play it sometimes--that was awesome.

I never got a chance to play the older console games, which is a shame, but I did like the rebooted trilogy. Apparently your mileage may vary on how good those games were, because a lot of people didn't like them.

I also have some handheld games. I had Season of Ice, which I traded to someone else, Season of Flame, and Attack of the Rhynocs. They're all still really fun, but I have to say I get tired of having the entire plot centered on fetch quests [find all the fairies/dragonflies/random NPC possessions].

did they have skill points in the handheld ones? I remember that they added skill points in the second one for PS1. Those were fun to try and do, but also very easy once you knew what to do. wink.gif

I liked Shadow Legacy. I discovered a game-breaking glitch that aggravated me, though:

Picking up too many items so your inventory is full can have consequences.

1. Far less game-breaking, during the quest where you have to give that one dragon a note inviting her to the party, if there's no space in your inventory, you can immediately talk to the dragon that gave you the quest and finish it

2. GAME BREAKING. During the Hunter Quest, if your inventory is full, picking up the items you need for the medicine will immediately disappear from the game and you cannot give the medicine to the leader. The medicine cheetah will just keep saying to go get ingredients, the leader will say his eyes hurt, and Hunter will go on an endless loop where every time you leave he'll want you to give an arrow to that one cheetah.

Oh, and by the way, that game freaks me out. I hate that...evil...sucking noise that plays when you die in the Shadow Realm! *shivers*

I haven't played Legacy. The only handheld specific game I've played is Season of Ice. I really want to play Legacy though.

Spyro! I've played Season of Ice, Season of Flame, and the Legend of Spyro trilogy (DS versions of all three, and Wii Dawn of the Dragon).

For those who have played both, how do the Wii versions of New Beginning and Eternal Night compare with the DS versions?

Anyway, I love the Legend of Spyro trilogy - Dawn of the Dragon (Wii version) is my favorite Spyro game. I can see, I guess, how fans of the older games would dislike it - I was like "wut this is different" when I played the first - but I like the darker storyline, the better graphics in Dawn of the Dragon, and the overall "feel" to it.

I'm definitely not getting Skylanders. I can't imagine that it would do that well - older fans pretty much seem to be against it, and younger fans' parents wouldn't want to pay for a ton of action figures.

original 3 spyro games for PS1: love em

Gba spyro games: meh, not a big fan of GBA

Enter the Dragonfly: loved it.

Shadow Legacy: fun game overal, but well, I didn't really get far into it.

LoS trilogy: love it, every single one of em.

Skylander: KILLITWITHFIRE!!!

Any fans of Hero's Tail here? That game has some fun glitches, and it's one of my favourite Spyro games aside from the GBA series.

Any fans of Hero's Tail here? That game has some fun glitches, and it's one of my favourite Spyro games aside from the GBA series.

I actually posted some videos up on youtube of some of the 'cut scenes' from that game. I thought it was better than Enter the Dragonfly personally. I mean, one boss, really? That's just annoying. And that new one, I agree with meepsa on that, the 'kill it with fire' thing. smile.gif

Enter the Dragonfly is fun, but it annoys me because:

Bianca...WTF is up with her voice...

Bubble breath? ORLY

Hunter has three lines and then jumps behind the wall and spends the rest of the game talking to himself. Go on, do the swim in air glitch and go look!

No fun mini-games. sad.gif

SEVEN LEVELS!?

It was only a bad game because they were forced to complete it early. That's why you never publish a game until it's ready, darn the release dates!

The gba games of Enternal Night and New Beginings are far worse compared to the DS and other versions. For 'movies' they have a crappy picture and really small words with a narator you can hardly understand. I had no clue how Dawn of the Dragon fit with the other two until I watched the movies on youtube of what I missed. Now it all makes sense. I might just get both those games again for the heck of it...