StarlightSpyro

Spyro the dragon series

The third one is the BEST Classic, especially during the skateboarding mini-games! I love those! biggrin.gif

Skateboard mini games really irritated me xd.png I couldn't do it, stupid lizards.

YES! After so many years of pain and misery, I finally got through that damned trolley minigame in Breeze Harbor! No more trouble with the trolley! (>^.^)>

Ah, man... I almost started to cry when the message "Breeze Harbor complete!" popped up on the screen. I love that little fanfare <3

Damn that trolley! That thing was the most irritating mini game in the world! RAAARGH

I had Spyro New Beginning for GBA when I was little but my cousins lost it sad.gif

I will buy it again someday because I love it. I beat the game probably 5 times and the Cynder battle was awesome.

I also have The Cortex Conspiracy but I don't like it that much.

lol, the lizards ones are annoying. I like the ones where you have to do tricks! biggrin.gif

You know, the desert level in Midnight Mountain used to scare the crap out of me. When I saw that giant scorpion, it looked like a crab. And when I got closer, I saw a giant evil scorpion. And then when I got closer and it shot a wave of evil stuff at me, I freaked out and exited the level.

Most irritating mini-game: Second Sorceress fight. Though that's more like a boss. Still, I kept running into walls and the water...

The battle that irritated me the mos was the one which is at the end of the third area and Sgt. Byrd drops bombs and stuff for you to throw at him. I kept dying when the boss was just about dead and I would get so ticked off! and then, when he cracked the floor open, I was constantly running into the pillars of fire coming between the cracks.

Oh god, THAT. I needed 50 lives just to get through him...although, you know, it helps me realize Spyro has dynamic difficulty. If you never die except on bosses, like me, then he'll shoot three times at you-it's harder. And, after you keep dying, he'll only shoot once a time, and there will be less cracks, and Sgt. Byrd will drop more sheep and ammo.

Well, you don't have to die ALL the time, just stock up on lives and die a lot during the boss, but before you get to the second stage. Or, you could use the 'Easy Difficulty' cheat.

Spyro was one of the first video games I ever played, and I loved it. It was the first [and only] game I had for Playstation 1. But for a while, I completely lost track of the Spyro series, and I picked off at Spyro: A Hero's Tail. So, I'm lost at many parts. On top of all that, I haven't beat either games yet. LOL. I'm such a Spyro mess. Like when he hits his head against his wall and he gets all dizzy xd.png. Spyro was so cute!

As for the new series....eh, it's okay. I like the original ones better though.

I've been a fan of Spyro since I was 5. I loved the originals, I even loved the bad attempt other companies made to continue the originals. I liked the unsung Gameboy games, and I loved the (newest) Legend of Spyro trilogy. I liked the new one because of its more deep and serious story than the originals, but I really still love the humorous originals. Man, I need to start up my PS2 again and play some of my old PS1 games...

Anyway, the Spyro game in development looks horrible. "Spyro: Skylanders". Spyro isn't even the main character, really. The only teeny part I even like about it is that alongside regular Spyro, you can also play as Dark Spyro. However, unless this gets a bunch of good reviews (I doubt it, it really looks bad...) I won't be buying it. The horrible thing here is that you have to buy the toys of characters from stores to use them in-game. So it's kind of like Webkinz, just plastic figures and not fluffy stuffed animals. It comes out in the Fall of this year.

Read more: http://skylandersgame.com/

user posted image

I don't know, maybe you guys will like it better than me.

That Spyro looks really creepy. Just saying. I am disappointed in the creators xd.png

Activision... :/ They're trolling REAL Spyro fans. It's like "Ooh! Lets make an overused fantasy game that we can milk money out of by selling toys! And hey! We own the rights to Spyro, too! Lets throw him in for the lulz!"

Yeah, Spyro is supposed to be cool 'n spunky looking, not like some mutated lizard that crawled up from the center of the earth. sad.gif

My friend had all the PS1 Spyro games, and we loved playing them together, so, seeing a childhood favorite turned into something he's so clearly not is just depressing.

I love LoS more than anything, but I would take a good, new, Classic Spyro game ANY day. Not...this.

Oh yeah, and not to mention Sparx is gone! I mean...a Spyro game without Sparx is like a Spyro game without SPYRO!

New info:

Spyro can't talk anymore.

He "grunts".

dry.gif

... did you guys hear that?

That was the sound of the childhood for everyone who loved Spyro in the 90's dying.