StarlightSpyro

Spyro the dragon series

Your kidding me, right?

I am very displeased to tell you that my previous statement was not a joke.

Circle, Square, Right, Left, Right, Square, Circle, X

There will be the sound of a bunch of gems making the pick-up noise if you get it right. This cheat shouldn't have any immediate effect, considering all enemies take one Sparx color away when they hit you and they die on the first hit when you hit them, but it should be noticeable in the mini-games and bosses. (Hunter doesn't do as many tricks so quickly in the second skating game, bosses take more damage and hit slower, etc.)

Grunting. It's like they WANT to die.

one of my very first video games was one of the Spyro games for GBA... don't remember what it was called though. then, several years later when the legend of spyro, a new beginning came out, i got hooked again. i had planned on getting eternal night, but never got the chance. i can't wait until the next game comes out

EDIT: woah.... nvm about the new game... just went back several posts.. and the new game sounds terrible.. i hope the game gets crappy reveiws, so they'll hopefully improve the next one

Edited by SoulFang

I'm really not happy about the redesign Activision has given Spyro, but the idea of the game itself is actually pretty cool and I'm surprised it hasn't been done before. Also, Hans Zimmer is composing the music for Skylanders, and he's one of my favorite composers, so the score, at least, should be good. The non-Spyro characters look okay, too. So really, I think Skylanders could be a really cool game, but the inclusion of Spyro was unnecessary and probably a move to try and increase sales.

I hope NOBODY on Fanfiction.net writes about Skylanders. I'll murder them. That archive is for SPYRO, not that mummified purple plum! I am not letting a fanfiction story about Spyro desecrate that holy archive!

I wish Spyro was able to actually fly so I could get on top of some platforms. >.< I never finished the game because I couldn't figure out how to get to the other side of things.

I wish Spyro was able to actually fly so I could get on top of some platforms. >.< I never finished the game because I couldn't figure out how to get to the other side of things.

In dawn of the dragon he can. I have played the first two in the 'legend' series, but not the dawn of the dragon. my mom wants me to get the last one for xbox 360, but I prefer ps2. biggrin.gif

Flying in Dawn of the Dragon was awesome, I have the Xbox 360 version.

And to think Activision made the Mechwarrior 2 series, and they were the best.

I never seen any of the newest Spyro games yet; I have seen cutscenes from the Legend of Spyro series. I admit, watching those cutscenes was like watching a movie, a movie that never came to be. I got hooked to the first game when it was fairly new, however, I did not get a chance to enjoy the rest of it until just a few months ago after I got an emulator. I really wanted to see what the second game was like at first because I recognized one of the voice actors there. In case you're wondering, the voice actor for Moneybags and other minor characters in Spyro 2 also voiced Baal.

Oh yeah, and not to mention Sparx is gone! I mean...a Spyro game without Sparx is like a Spyro game without SPYRO!

WHAT? There is no Sparx. Screw it, I am extremely disappointed in Activision. And he can't talk! Bs...

I miss Sparx. My OC Crystal always called him Tinkerbell. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DAYS WHERE EVERYONE GAVE SPARX HILARIOUS NICKNAMES?! D:

Ah, yes! Spyro! Now i remember everything! *Is very forgetful* o3o

I used to play it at a friend's house LOOOOOONG ago. (2001-2003, when we still used the Shuttle, you know. xd.png)

Actually, the first game i owned was Ace Combat 3, but the first one i ever played was Spyro 3:Year of The Dragon. I had a hard time getting past the first boss. xd.png This thread brings memories. rolleyes.gif

Earlier this year, for some reason, i bought TLoS:The Eternal Night, but i actually didn't remember that i used to play the old Spyro 3. o.o

I really liked the new 'hardcore' feel of the gameplay, the graphic improvements on Spyro are awesome, the new Sparx is hilarious, and the story is absolutely EPIC!

Yet still, i thought that there was something left unexplained (e.g.:Who's Cynder? Why in the beggining there's that prolouge of something that seemingly never happened in the story? etc.), so i decided to check for something. I found the next game, and the previous one. Now i'm trying to get them, too. xd.png

((Cons below))

As for Skylanders, that? THAT? THAT?! They think that this teenage mutant ninja turtle is Spyro?? That's not Spyro in any stretch of imagonation!

Also, a Spyro game without Sparx? This makes as much sense as a good Grox!

((End of cons))

Anyway, the Spyro games are awesome, and are one of the few that apply to my phrase:

"If it flies and it's awesome it certainly is [insert name here]." xd.png

Perhaps more like a Deltaglider without a docking port. o3o

Anyways, from what i heard of the other two TLoS games, both weren't total fails. In fact, they sound very good.

I'll see some gameplays and stuff, just in case.

But now that Skylanders is crappy as i thought... WTH Activision?? You made even E.O. 2 sound interesting!

*reads first page* And cancelling the movie was an unsucessful fail troll. I heard about the movie EVEN ON A SPORE BLOG. The people that cancelled it must be brainless or something...

Off-Topic:"The better question is, what's that smell?" xd.png

On-Topic:After the first two parts of a TLoS;Dawn of the Dragon's gameplay watched...

One word:EPIC! biggrin.gif Now i'm pretty sure it will be worth buying.

I should stop watching these TLoS:DoTD gameplays before i see everything. xd.png

Now i'm going to watch 3 or 4 gameplays of A New Beggining.

Now...

(YAY MORE ACTIVISION BASHING!)

Activision, don't you see what you did there in Skylanders? You turned one of the most awesome, if not, the number one, dragon into -with all the respect you deserve- A PIECE OF AMORPHOUS BLOB SMOKING WITH MUTANT FUMES!

Now if you allow me to say;

STRAP YOURSELVES TO A ARES-1X AND HOPE THAT NASA LAUNCHES IT AND BLAST THE NETHER OUT OF THIS UNIVERSE, AND HOPE THAT THE DRAGON REALMS STILL HAS YOU WELCOME THERE, OTHERWISE YOU'RE BURNT BEFORE YOU SEE WHAT THE MALEF-Er.. THE ONE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED'S GOING ON!!!

Thank you.

(Aw, no more Actiblindness bashing)

Anyway, i played through TLoS:The Eternal Night only 2 times, and all powers are already maxed. =D

//REBOOT=TLOS

xd.png

Oh, before i forget:

"They want me to become part of their freak show!!"

I have the first four Spyro games and two of the newer ones. To be honest I was disappointed that Sparks was not my life force anymore I like that it made it different from every other game. And all the upgraded breaths are cool but not as original as the first. Plus making Sparks talk was cool when it was David Spade and Elijah Wood as Spyro but not the game following it. He sounded so mean.

But in the end I love the series he's my favorite dragon. smile.gif

He wasn't mean, he just didn't trust Cynder very much. I mean, you can't blame him. She attacked his brother...

And i'm a big Cynder fan, just for the record.

He wasn't mean, he just didn't trust Cynder very much. I mean, you can't blame him. She attacked his brother...

And i'm a big Cynder fan, just for the record.

I love Cynder too.

*Points at username* :3