StarlightSpyro

Spyro the dragon series

The gba games of Enternal Night and New Beginings are far worse compared to the DS and other versions. For 'movies' they have a crappy picture and really small words with a narator you can hardly understand. I had no clue how Dawn of the Dragon fit with the other two until I watched the movies on youtube of what I missed. Now it all makes sense. I might just get both those games again for the heck of it...

If you can, get the Wii version instead of the DS version of Dawn of the Dragon. The DS version is extremely watered-down (first play-through took me four hours, now I can get it in about 50 minutes), and doesn't have movie clips (just pictures with voices), is missing part of the story, and some of the quotes and stuff are taken out of context and stuck into other places in the story. The Wii version is a lot better. (I haven't played the Wii versions of the first two, so I can't compare those, but I do have both for Dawn of the Dragon.)

The DS version of Eternal Night is...bad. Just awful. The controls, camera, and AI is so glitchy that it became incredibly frustrating.

If you can, get the Wii version instead of the DS version of Dawn of the Dragon.  The DS version is extremely watered-down (first play-through took me four hours, now I can get it in about 50 minutes), and doesn't have movie clips (just pictures with voices), is missing part of the story, and some of the quotes and stuff are taken out of context and stuck into other places in the story.  The Wii version is a lot better.  (I haven't played the Wii versions of the first two, so I can't compare those, but I do have both for Dawn of the Dragon.)

I have played the wii version of DotD, and ps2 of every trilogy part, I don't particulary prefer any console over the other, though I'd say PS2 was better because of the controls being less wonky.

as for DS versions, I...I dont know what to say...just...ugh, so much lost potential.

and enter the dragonfly wasn't THAT bad, I personally dislike a hero's tail more, just because of the style they did it in (most propably won't be able to spot any differences, but believe me, there are), never played it though, only seen playthroughs/let's plays.

Edited by meepsa

WII? Ka-haha! Terrible graphics. Xbox 360 and PS3, now...beautiful. Go get a load of Avalar. That's gotta be the prettiest place in any game, except for Twilight Falls.

Avalar is definitely my favorite level in DotD, but the developers took waaaay too many liberties with the lighting effects. So much lens flare and bloom...things were glowing!!

But I loved the fact that they reused the Tall Plains jungle theme for part of the level. That was cool. In fact, all of the music was pretty nice.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the PS3 and Xbox. A lot of the games I play don't overlap with those systems. xd.png

My favorite spot is the Valley of Avalar also, I think. I like the first song that plays before you find Meadow - the one that's the title screen theme on A New Beginning. The Twilight Falls area is also very pretty.

The graphics in DotD are amazing.

(Again, HOW are they going from that to Skylanders?!)

Activision is stupid, that's how. I hope not a single person buys the game and they are forced to sell Spyro's idea back to their subsidiary, who obviously was taking the games in the right direction.

I haven't played any Spyro games since Hero's Tail came out. I remember thinking "OMG MY CHILDHOOD, WHERE HAVE YOU GONE" when the Legend of Spyro games started coming out, and just never picked them up.

From what I hear, though, I might have to try them.

Anybody want to share your favourite/least favourite levels from the games?

Edited by Trikonasana

I haven't played any Spyro games since Hero's Tail came out. I remember thinking "OMG MY CHILDHOOD, WHERE HAVE YOU GONE" when the Legend of Spyro games started coming out, and just never picked them up.

From what I hear, though, I might have to try them.

Anybody want to share your favourite/least favourite levels from the games?

twilight falls, valley of avalar and the floating islands HAVE to be my fave levels.

twilight falls because of how beautifull it is.

valley of avalar because of the sandbox feel it has, this may sound crazy, but it's one of dem levels I just LOVE to RP in (yeah I dunno why but I RP...in games, sounds so childish lol, did it in the cloud nine level as well from one of the earlier spyro games (the air level with the giant water dome))

Floating islands because of the same reason, it's a GREAT place to explore, mainly because you never get cut off from any other parts of the world, which does happen at burning circle (I think that's what it was called, has been a while since I've played though), well, you do get cut off from the begining after you do the little torch task, but that's only once.

I felt the same about the "what happened to you spyroooo!!!" when I saw TLoS, but I just saw it as "a different spyro" game, and well, the experience was grand smile.gif

oh and the flying pirate fleet from eternal night was (for some reason) fantastic.

as for the older games, I don't really have preferred levels, unless it's one of the games where you could swim (pretty sure you couldn't in the first/first 2), then the level with the most water wins xd.png

OMG I love to roleplay in my games! I was messing around in lego star wars, and I pretended that the council was in an argument by randomly jumping into different chairs and switching players in free play mode. xd.png Roleplaying is a lot easier in oblivion than most other games, though. And Skyrim...that'll probably get an award for easiest to roleplay in!

Anyways, in A New Beginning, my favorite would have to be...mm...swamp, first level. It has a childish feel to it, but there are a lot of cutscenes. And Convexity. Convexity is really cool, especially the jellyfish! My least favorite would be Concurrent Skies. There's just nothing but endless fighting there, and it's too linear.

Eternal Night...any of the dream-worlds. It's all space-y and cool and mystical and all that. After that, the pirate ship because the cutscenes are hilarious. Except for the Cynder one. sad.gif My least favorite has to be most of the Dark Grove. It's really big, but it's also really annoying.

And Dawn of the Dragon, Twilight Falls because it's so pretty, then Avalar because it's so big. And pretty. xd.png Least favorite is the Burned Lands because the bad thing happens there and it's no fun because everything is lava-y.

Classic Spyro too?

Oh. Um...hm. Let's see. Spyro one, the level I liked most was the one is the second world, where there were these giant moose-like things. I was terrified of those when I was little. xd.png

Spyro two...never beat it, but my fave would be...the first homeworld. I used to roleplay there a lot, especially since that secret water tunnel held many mysteries for the imagination. xd.png The next favorite world after that would be the ice-world with the eskimos in the second homeworld. I never made it past the second homeworld, I couldn't get enough orbs to fight gulp. Apparently there was some sort of Winter Tundra after that. I might have liked that. Oh! Oh! Also, you know what I really loved? The level where you had to fight those ice-skating dudes! I think it was called...Colossus? Least favorite...the one in the second world that's all full of lava.

Spyro 3, Evening Lake. It's so peaceful. My very favorite, though, is Fireworks Factory. I loved that level so much, and the mini-games were awesome. Plus the music was stunning. I also loved the level on Midnight Mountain, Shore Speedway or whatever. Least favorite, maybe the level with the scorpions or the tomb level.

Enter the Dragonfly...oh, maybe the last level with the enemies that only have to die once. No wait, the honey level. Sparx says something funny there. Plus it's a lot of fun. xd.png Least favorite, the one with the space cows.

Hero's Tail...did that even have levels? o.o Anyway, I only got to the swamp area. Well, let's see, I guess I just liked the first level as a whole, and liked the part of the swamp level where you needed to use to spin-bars to get up higher the least. And Sgt. Byrd's level.

Season of Ice, ay, I didn't really like any levels particularly. I hated the Honey one.

Never played Season of Fire.

Cortex Conspiracy...toughie...oh, maybe any of the mini-games that required you to play as Spyro and shoot things, like Attitude Adjustment, or the bridge levels like the first fight against Crash. Least favorite, any of the ones where you had to press a button really quickly trying to get a rhynoc to freeze, and the ones when you're in a car because the mines always blow me up.

Shadow Legacy, I loved all the levels. I hated, though, just HATED the shadow realm. It freaked me out, for one, and I've already explained about the sucking noise...

Never played Attack of the Rhynocs.

I've played every spyro game and beat all but 2 titles, Spyro orange(ugh side-scrolling on a series that has a more open 3d world not a good idea) and enter the dragonfly(the controls felt backwards and the graphics were rather choppy at best) I own two versions of each tlos games, one for ds and one for ps2. I love all of the games except orange and enter the dragonfly. But my fav is Dawn of the dragon due to free flight and co-op not to mention the ability to play as Cynder.

EtD was glitchy as hell and I really wish they hadn't rushed the game, but some of the music is really awesome. I remember really liking the track that plays on Luau Island, and the Thieve's Den music creeped me right out when I first played through the game.

My favourite level on Hero's Tail is probably Dragonfly Falls because a) it's gorgeous and cool.gif there's a swim-in-air glitch on it that just makes the whole thing ridiculously fun.

I loved Luau Island.

Porky: You've got to get me out of here! This rhynoc keeps calling me ham sandwich and asking me if I go better with mustard or mayonnaise...

When I told my friend that quote, he replied with,

Sounds like a druggie trip to me.

xd.png

Spyro: Favorite level would have to be the Home World of the Dream Weavers. I had tones of fun using the cannons to change the enemy's size. xd.png Least favorite, that one level in the Swamps with those blue frog things. O.O They were the most annoying thing to kill in that game, and then Wild Flight is the second most annoying.

Spyro2: Favorite level-anything with water. xd.png Least favorite, the Bad Lands because of the dino egg thing. O_O

Spyro3:My favorite level was the one with the huge skate park. I think I got over 25000 points at one point in there... Least favorite would have to be the Bently Boxing mini game in that one level with the panda bears. That was really annoying. sleep.gif;

Dragonfly: I thought that the initial story was interest, but as soon as I found out how little there was in the game I just got annoyed with it and never finished playing it. I could probably beat the game in a day, and get 100%+ in two or three depending on how long I play it.

Season of Fire/Ice: I just couldn't get the hang of the controls and ended up not playing it.

New Beginning:The game seemed pretty easy, so there wasn't any levels that I hated, but none really stuck with me either. :/

Eternal Night: That one part of the ship with the herds of ape things and the two scorpions that you have to fight at the same time followed by three boss ape things. O_O I actually had to get my brother to do it for me because it was WAY too hard! They made the game for too based on action in that part then it was thinking on how to get through the level. sleep.gif;

Dawn: I haven't finished it yet but I love the falls too! I climbed back up just so that I could fly to the bottom and kept going back and forth. xd.png I'm also enjoying the fact that you can actually FLY with Spyro/Cynder in that game (and to also be able to use Cynder in combat). xd.png

Ah, I'm totally left behind in Spyro matter laugh.gif

I love this series but, for some causes, I could only play to the first 3 games. Someone said me that it's better, as I enjoyed only the best from this series; I guess I'll have to judge this by myself someday.

I completely finished all three of them, but I still like to start them again and finish them in some hours of full game (yes, I totally know them from the start until the last level, but this doesn't stop me to play at all! <3).

I know! I love playing the first three Spyro games! <3 I know I've beat them all at least five times, and I can basically do the same thing. I just can't remember the names of the areas, rather I know where everything is because I remember how to get there. xd.png

Sometimes, when I have free time (which is never, right now, with classes going on) I'll play the first two Spyro games. biggrin.gif So much love. (I never had the third game, although I'll probably get on Amazon one of these days and order it.)

Actually, Spyro: A Hero's Tail was the first video game that I ever bought for myself with my own money (I was probably 8 or so, and it had just come out). I really enjoyed that one, the worlds were very pretty.

Beyond that... eh, I bought one of the newer ones but I didn't really enjoy playing it. I can't remember if I actually won it, or if that was just some crazy dream that I had... Either way, it just wasn't as much fun as the earlier games. dry.gif

Oh man, I'm starting to see advertisements for Skylanders everywhere, including the forums. dry.gif

Have any of you seen the new Skylanders trailer? It's cheesy, but Spyro's new voice actor is actually pretty good, and the characters have good designs. It has the potential to be a really cool game if you guys would just give it a chance. Pretend it's not a Spyro game if you have to, but I don't think it's fair to judge a game before you play it. On that note:

user posted image

This is one of my personal favorites of the toys released so far, a griffon named Sonic Boom.

It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't cancelled the movie, or at the very least said they were doing SOMETHING with classic or legend. But for god's sake...just look at Spyro and Cynder...I am not going to let them go NEAR the Legend games!

I hope gameinformer gives them a 2 for destroying my childhood.

I just saw the trailer of this new game and "O_O what is this, this isn't Spyro!".

I guess they put Spyro in this game to encourage people to buy it, as if you want to do something really new you have to put it an element that the public already knows.

Seeing the trailer, I seem to understand that Spyro is only one of the options available (like one of Tekken games), the game itself isn't strictly related to him: if you haven't his toy you can play the game the same.

And Spyro looks like a troll laugh.gif

Have any of you seen the new Skylanders trailer? It's cheesy, but Spyro's new voice actor is actually pretty good, and the characters have good designs. It has the potential to be a really cool game if you guys would just give it a chance. Pretend it's not a Spyro game if you have to, but I don't think it's fair to judge a game before you play it. On that note:

user posted image

This is one of my personal favorites of the toys released so far, a griffon named Sonic Boom.

We don't hate it as a GAME, we hate it as a SPYRO game. The only reason they threw Spyro in there is because they want sales.