StarlightSpyro

Spyro the dragon series

I love the Spyro series. I always have all the way back to the first Spyro game. Some of the games I didn’t like as much, but I really like the newest ones. The three “Legend of Spyro” are amazing! I love the game play and the different breath abilities. But I think one of the best things about the new games is the voices.

I have Spyro games on many platforms - don't really have a favourite though, I like them all.

The ones on the PS. 1-3 sparked my dragon obsession.

Not much else to say... xd.png

In my opinion, the game was GREAT til the next company got their destructive claw on it. EtD/ AhT were complete fails. Bug here, bug there.... BUG EVERYWHERE!

And really... The Legend of Spyro? That is NOT Spyro. That is a gary-stu. What happened to the purple loveable dragon that didn't have 100,000 ways to kill enemies?

I've had most of the new games, pretty much everything PS2 and newer.

I was kind of disappointed by Krome when they did the second Legend of Spyro game. I've noticed that they really started going downhill with game quality after they made Ty 3, maybe even Ty 2.

Well anyway, I love Spyro. I have all the games and tons of merchandise. I'm trying to finish the entire collection. biggrin.gif

The old-school Spyro games on the original Playstation were my first video games evah. They will always have a special place in my heart.

Ripto's Rage, to be specific, was my first game, followed shortly by Year of the Dragon and the original Spyro the Dragon. *smiles fondly on memories*

~Feathers

I always loved Spyro Enter the Dragonfly. <3 Haha it was so fun to rescue cows from the ufos xd.png ! I also thought the baby dragonflys sounded cute. Remember capturing them in bubbles? happy.gif

Spyro Dawn of the Dragon was good too. I loved Cynder's powers. Fear was pretty unique :'D

I have the ones from the playstation. Year of the Dragon and Ripto's Rage..

The original Spyro the Dragon was my very first video game. It holds a very special place in my heart. The other two originals, Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon also bring back fond memories of my childhood. I was disappointed when Insomniac sold the license for it and I feel that the games have lost a certain quality to them because Insomniac no longer makes them.

@TheDarkCynder

I knew that. I thought eveyone else did too. I'm upset about that. sad.gif

@SuperHerozz

I don't think it was as fun as you said but I must point out it's not as bad as people say. wink.gif

Hopefully at E3 we will get details on the next game.

View my Spyro collection here. (Yes, I am GamingMaster_76.)

Spyro was one of the first games I grew up with, and I really only know the originals. The first one, Ripto's Rage, and Year of the Dragon are the only ones I really remember well.

BUT

I also played the one where he trades worlds with Crash Bandicoot. Thus, I have the one with Crash in Spyro's world, because I always get the full set of any game. I also have the one for the DS where the Shadow Creatures invade. I just don't remember those three very well is all.

Speaking of Crash, I have every single one of his games. They got a little repetitive after a while, but for the most part I love all of those, and I never really noticed a decline in quality there. My family and I STILL play Crash Bash almost every week.

i used to ship spyro with cynder, but then it occured me technically...theyre siblings xd.png

i think spyro should get a girlfriend. hes soooo kyooot X3

I only ever played the original Spyro on the PS1 and then once upon a time when you could rent video games from the corner shop, I played Spyro: Gateway To Glimmer (Ripto's Rage). You could rent them for two days and I nearly completed it wub.gif That was about 12 years ago and I'm pretty sure the game is still saved on the memory card hahaha.

I'm moving into my house in a week or so, and for some reason or another we have a 'spare' PS1 back at home, so I'm allowed to take it with me. Bring on old school Spyro sessions yeah!!!

I loved the original. Never beat it but I love it all the same. Haven't played the others.

I loved the original. Never beat it but I love it all the same.

Aaah I remember I completed EVERYTHING but there was one dragon statue that I couldn't get to for ages. Seriously, it took me months to figure out how to get to it, and it was so frustrating because I could hear it jingling so close by.

My favorite was the egg theif. I always enjoyed burning his ass after a tiresome day.

My favorite was the egg theif. I always enjoyed burning his ass after a tiresome day.

I used to call him Professor Quirrell because of his turban xd.png

i used to ship spyro with cynder, but then it occured me technically...theyre siblings xd.png

i think spyro should get a girlfriend. hes soooo kyooot X3

In an interview with the official developer, it has been revealed that Spyro and Cynder are NOT siblings. "Same clutch of eggs" simply means that they're from the same generation. I wish I could give you the link to the interview...but I can't, it was too long ago. Just trust me on this one.

*does a happy dance* I'm not the only one who had their dragon obsession started by Spyro! Yay!

*does a happy dance* I'm not the only one who had their dragon obsession started by Spyro! Yay!

Actually, mine was, too. ^^ My sister was actually the Spyro fan, but I always watched. Spyro was the first dragon I saw, so I guess I was pretty amazed when I saw it. XD Then, all of a sudden, I was obsessed with dragons. O_o Well, from what I can remember I was.

Anyway, like I said above, I mostly watched my sister play Spyro rather than I play. I was Cynder, though, when I shared the file on... the newest one. Forget what it's called. >3 And it was fun having dark and acid and whatever attacks. 8DD

And the originals were the best. I occasionally played levels and they were the BOMB. :DD

I'm not very up to date with Spyro, I'm only very well acquainted with the first one really. What is the third game? That is to say, which one came out after Gateway To Glimmer/Ripto's Rage?