StarlightSpyro

Spyro the dragon series

I lost my old Spyro games. >.< Hopefully i'll get them replaced. Still got Enter the dragonfly, at least. Even though when the big enemies freeze and don't have any animation it gives me nightmares, I still love it. xd.png

O.K first off I'm realy tired of haters first of all skylanders was not the original concept the original concept was called spyro's kingdom and it contained of all things humans and blood (yeah you read right) but they junked the idea because it didn't feel like a spyro game (duh) and because they were more experienced at making kids games second eveyone saying spyro looks like a troll it also was not the first idea for spyros design I saw the sketches for spyro's original skylanders design trust me he looked butt ugly and I don't mind his new design thidly you don't to by every character to beat the game just one from each element there are 8 elements the starter pack has 4 and I would actually recomend getting one from each element rather than trying to get every character because it would be like having your own skylanders team. THAT IS ALL

Yes, we know. But just because the first concept was even more ridiculous than the current one does not mean we should give the current one any leeway.

sorry just trying to explain that there could've been a game that would have been all the more horrible and that the games target audience was kids not spyro fans perhaps introducing the new generation to an old character

Spyro is Spyro. He's an intelligent purple dragon. In Classic, he has a cocky attitude and rushes into situations but is still awesome, and in Legend he tries to help everybody and is very nice (but still a bit cocky at times), along with being awesome. That, uh...*gestures at mummified purple plum they're calling Spyro* whatever that is, isn't Spyro.

Although I will admit, if Spyro's Kingdom had come through, I would be furious. No, I wouldn't just be furious, I would be livid. I can tolerate blood in Spyro fanfiction, and I like the 'human drops out of the sky into Spyroverse or vice versa' story as much as the next girl, but beyond, that...no. That's just not what the games are about.

Spyro is where my love of dragons was born from. When i was a kid, that's all i played, enjoyed every moment of the first game. The rest are good but the first Spyro games were the best to play,... but Spyro The new begining, Spyro The Eternal night, and Spyro Dawn of the dragon had the best storyline. I love Spyro and Cynder, i got all teary-eyed when she said~ "I love you." At the end of the last game.

I love the other games too. The only Spyro game i didn't like is the Skylanders. Spyro looks cool but the game takes him away from being the main character, and i don't like how you have to go out and buy characters to make a team. It's expensive and time consuming, not worth my time. Not to offend fans... i just don't like it.

NOBODY is a fan. Except for six-year-olds, mostly.

Heck, I've already written the blood part of what I said, and I'm planning the write the 'human drops out of sky into Spyroverse' one too. It's just...tsk.

Spyro 3 managed to let you play other characters, yet still establish the fact that Spyro is the main character. Here, Spyro isn't the main character. They pawned him off. Take the 'Spyro's Adventure' part out of the title along with the character himself (and for god's sake any other Spyro-related character) and you've got a complete game with no gaps and fun playability. Honestly...they made Spyro have Barbie Doll Syndrome. That's what I think.

Skylanders? That-ha-that's not Spyro. EVERY Spyro fan I know and have seen is complaining about Skylanders. I mean, some people don't like LoS, and that's okay. They might just like Classic. And maybe some people don't like Classic because it seems too young, and like LoS better.

But this...this MUMMIFIED PLUM that they're coming out with is just a MONSTROSITY. It's NOT Spyro. It's rubbish.

Yep, They've turned him into a demon.

WHAT IN CELESTIA'S NAME IS THAT MONSTROSITY?

Seriously!? And they call this a 'kid's' game? I think i'm going to have nightmares for weeks. Both Spyro and Sparks looks like demons. blink.gif

NOBODY is a fan. Except for six-year-olds, mostly.

Heck, I've already written the blood part of what I said, and I'm planning the write the 'human drops out of sky into Spyroverse' one too. It's just...tsk.

Spyro 3 managed to let you play other characters, yet still establish the fact that Spyro is the main character. Here, Spyro isn't the main character. They pawned him off. Take the 'Spyro's Adventure' part out of the title along with the character himself (and for god's sake any other Spyro-related character) and you've got a complete game with no gaps and fun playability. Honestly...they made Spyro have Barbie Doll Syndrome. That's what I think.

xd.png Barbie doll syndrome. I'll never touch Skylanders... EVER! How could they turn him into a demon? The Spyro we all love is dead... and this 'Spyro' is a corrupted and zombiefied corpse of the purple dragon we all know and love.

Edited by BlackDragon41

Poor, poor Spyro. sad.gif

And yeah. Sparx gave me nightmares the first time I saw that picture...I hope to god I never see it animated...

Spyro is Spyro. He's an intelligent purple dragon. In Classic, he has a cocky attitude and rushes into situations but is still awesome, and in Legend he tries to help everybody and is very nice (but still a bit cocky at times), along with being awesome. That, uh...*gestures at mummified purple plum they're calling Spyro* whatever that is, isn't Spyro.

Although I will admit, if Spyro's Kingdom had come through, I would be furious. No, I wouldn't just be furious, I would be livid. I can tolerate blood in Spyro fanfiction, and I like the 'human drops out of the sky into Spyroverse or vice versa' story as much as the next girl, but beyond, that...no. That's just not what the games are about.

My father has a saying "If you don't like the way things are change the way your looking at it." if you don't like what ACTIVISION did to Spyro than don't think of it as a spyro game think of it as a game with spyro in it, you don't even have to play as him

"If you don't like the way things are change the way your looking at it."

That's a really weak argument. Why should you change your perspective on something that you're obviously displeased with? I'm not going to 'change the way I look' at something on a whim. I'd have to be persuaded to change my opinion.

And right now I think Skylanders looks really, really awful. They paid no attention to Spyro's original design, instead changing him to make him seem 'cooler' to their target audience. And you can't even play the game in its' full version after you buy it. No, you have to buy all the figurines that go with it, too. I'm going to guess that those figurines, and the game, would cost at least two hundred dollars or more.

Skylanders is just a big cash cow.

I try to think of it as a game with a dragon named Spiro in it, who looks a bit like Spyro but is unrelated. Spiro's name is pronounced the same as Spyro, so it was an honest mistake to spell it that way.

Of course, that's not a valid argument when you debate about how they ruined Spyro, so I have to ignore myself.

I like Activision. I like their games. They make good games. But I hate them for what they did. I will continue to play Guitar Hero and Lost Kingdoms, but that doesn't change the fact that I am extremely irritated. If it wasn't for fanfiction.net to help me read about ideas that still relate to LoS, I would probably go to whoever is producing the disks and smash them all.

*tear* I'm so glad that others think this new spyro is just an imitation... Not even that.. A very very poor imitation.... R.I.P. real Spyro. You're still amazing smile.gif

I try to think of it as a game with a dragon named Spiro in it, who looks a bit like Spyro but is unrelated. Spiro's name is pronounced the same as Spyro, so it was an honest mistake to spell it that way.

Of course, that's not a valid argument when you debate about how they ruined Spyro, so I have to ignore myself.

I like Activision. I like their games. They make good games. But I hate them for what they did. I will continue to play Guitar Hero and Lost Kingdoms, but that doesn't change the fact that I am extremely irritated. If it wasn't for fanfiction.net to help me read about ideas that still relate to LoS, I would probably go to whoever is producing the disks and smash them all.

and you have the right to be irratated but you don't have to play as spyro thaey even put cynder in but hey I also wouldn't mind it if they brought back classic spyro with some of the newer skylanders characters you know the ones that look like dragons like sonic boom warnado sun burn camo zap drobot oh and of course cynder

I'd rather they keep Cynder out of Skylanders. In case you didn't notice, she looks AWFUL. She hardly even looks like herself! Spyro's a troll, Sparx is a nightmare, and Cynder is just...scary.

and you have the right to be irratated but you don't have to play as spyro

Therein lies the problem.

I buy Spyro games to play as Spyro. Not to buy a billion other characters to unlock all the content, not to play as Cynder. Take the focus of the game away from him, you kill what Spyro the dragon is about. Hell, I wasn't exactly a fan of Agent 9 and the rest being playable, it was annoying. Dawn of the Dragon was okay, though I wished there had been some better way of splitting up the co-op.

But the point is- Spyro games should be about playing as SPYRO. Other characters should be NPCs, period.

I don't know, playing the other characters in Spyro 3 was fun. And being able to play as Cynder somehow gives her more personality, or depth, maybe.

Oh yeah, Spyro. Let's see...

Original series- Love them. My personal favorite. I prefer puzzle games, and I like Spyro's personality and voice.

Legend- Least favorite. I honestly don't like the voices much or personalities or even the characters much. Or story. But the elements and gameplay is quite fun, so I still like them.

Skylanders- I like it a lot. It's actually pretty fun and I feel bad for all the hate it gets simply because Spyro LOOKS different. Buuut it does cost quite a bit of money and it's obviously going to be milked, sooo.

Edited by LevanJess

In my opinion, all the Spyro games are good. However, I dislike how much it costs just to get 100% in Skylanders.

Today... I have learned.

A freaking second Skylanders? You gotta be kidding me.

No way.

They're keeping this up?