Rorschach

Tattoos

I've tried the sharpie thing. If you do it in the same spot with enough precision for long enough, and that spot gets enough sunlight, you can get a sort of reverse-tan tattoo.

I have 1 tattoo on my left wrist of a triquetra(I'll show a pic of it sometime) and intend to get a few more when I have the time to get into a tattoo shop again. I want a biohazard symbol on the back of my neck and a flower my bf drew on my right shoulder or lower back... dunno yet as I'm fascinated with bawbwire and wanted that wrapping around an old skeleton key on my lower back too. o.o And scroll work.. I like scroll work. So simple.

Talked to some people working at a tattoo parlor. Am sadfaced that I can't make any money off my designs, as the guy said that most places use designs made by the tattooists.

/moneyhungry

You could always train as a tattoo artist?

You could always train as a tattoo artist?

See, while that sounds fun and dandy, I'm really afraid of screwing up. Permanence, yanno?

See, while that sounds fun and dandy, I'm really afraid of screwing up. Permanence, yanno?

Trust me, you can't do worse than some tatts I've seen. Plus, y'know, I'm sure most artists practise on themselves at least a little bit.

I'd like small one to my back, like a paw of a cat.

I hate big tattoos like tattoo-shirts :x

Edited by Bamboomonkey

I'd like small one to my back, like a paw of a cat.

I hate big tattoos like tattoo-shirts :x

ditto. I like those small little tattoos that are simple, and not really intricate.

I don't have any. But I've often said that if I ever manage to get a novel published, I'd like to get a tattoo of the main character somewhere.

Sadly, all the research I've done seems to indicate that my metal allergies will keep me from getting one. My skin is just too freaking sensitive to realize that metals are not the enemy. dry.gif

I'd love a tattoo but I can't have one sad.gif((

Against marime law?

Trust me, you can't do worse than some tatts I've seen. Plus, y'know, I'm sure most artists practise on themselves at least a little bit.

Eeehh... still uneasy. I don't even know where to start, anyways.

I've wanted some for a long time but can't decide what I want. Here's what I'm considering:

- Leopard spots like that on my fursona (yes I'm a furry), i.e. on the shoulders/outer upper arms and hips/outer thighs

- wings on the back (not sure what type, but I want them large)

- rainbow pawprint at the base of my spine just about my buttcrack (where a tail would be)

- sakura garlands around the ankles

So you can see my dilemma!

One girl I know just got a tattoo.... which was misspelled. It's got the wrong "too" - it says "It ain't fair they die to young". Of course, everyone started pointing it out to her right away. Wonder what she thought... xd.png

PANIC used THREAD NECROMANCY!

I'd really like to get a tattoo sometime... Lately, I've found a bunch of tribal Pokemon designs that I like.

user posted image

I would have this on my right shoulder blade, I think.

user posted image

And this on my left.

user posted image

Left forearm.

(They wouldn't all be that size, though... I'd say the shoulders would be fairly smallish, and the forearm would be cover-able by a shirtsleeve if necessary.)

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo. But since I'm working in food service, it would have to be out of sight. Maybe on my back near my shoulder? That would be a nice spot.

Something maybe like this:

user posted image

Or

user posted image

(Neither design was made by me. I used google to find ideas.)

I've got a total of 7 tattoos. I have a dragon on my back, a yin/yang on my shoulder, a gecko on my other shoulder, a tribal dragon on my lower leg, a t-rex on my thigh and a chibi optimus and megatron having a water gun fight on my other leg.

I want to get a Mexican sugar skull next with my boys' names around it. Also me and a friend are going to get finger mustache tattoos....for the lulz. laugh.gif

@ smokealarmsnick: designs like those are really neat, and imho, the first one and ones similar to it look best on or near a rounded bodypart like the round part of the shoulder or encircling the bellybutton. The second and ones like it would be pretty neat centered between the shoulderblades or slightly off to one side

@dragon_mando: Thanks. I'm still debating on the best place for each, and which one I should get first. I'll keep what you said in mind. biggrin.gif

I've been wanting a tattoo for a long time.

But I have to wait a while, till I turn sixteen at least.

I want to get some kind of Celtic cross tattoo'd on me.

Not because I'm religious, but because my gramma is, and

I love her to death.

So I figured a small Celtic cross would be a nice way to honor her. :'3

Do tattoos hurt? Mum & I are thinking of getting a tiny cat tattoo each once I turn 18.

Depends on your pain tolerance as to how bad, but yet it does a little. About the most accurate description I've ever heard was "like a long, slow cat scratch"

After a little while though you kind of get used to it and it's not so bad.

ok so i'm really hyper active about getting my new tattoo on the 10th. It is celebrating me passing my GED (squee) and just because. I will be getting a pentacle on the back of my neck.. and i can't wait xd.png it is a 2in by 2in black tattoo... i'll post pictures next week when i get it done.

As for tattoos hurting... i couldn't feel mine when i could hear the gun.. so i would bring my ipod and some really nice headphones to listen to and listen to your favorite songs... it helped with the noise of the gun (the one my cousin uses sounds like a dentist drill)