Rorschach

Tattoos

I have a double line of stars starting just above my left ankle bone going up and around the back of my leg to mid-calf. Going on the bone it hurt like crazy, but by the time the fleshy part of the calf was being inked I was laughing and joking with my friend.

I want to get another one (a cross or a short Scripture passage) somewhere on my shoulder. But not yet I think - I haven't made up my mind on the design/verse yet.

Thankfully my job as a travel consultant pose no problem for having tats, and my boss is cool with them!

If I get in shape I'd want three tatoos (not to scale of course):

This on my right shoulder:

user posted image

This on my left shoulder:

user posted image

this on the back of my neck:

user posted image

And I'm considering this, although it conflicts with the shoulder tats, on my chest:

user posted image

If I get in shape I'd want three tatoos (not to scale of course):

This on my right shoulder:

user posted image

Khorne ftw!

Still thinking about getting another one. I'd like a pair of dice on the inside of my wrist, but I'm not sure if I can get away with it for work.

I've two tattoos myself, one on my hip and another (blacklight responsive) one on my left arm.

I also doodle tattoo designs. A part of the many I have made can be found in my DA gallery , the rest I've either sold, or not uploaded.

if those kiddy ones count... then i hav a few xd.png, jus kidding, i hav none. :<

me wanna get one.

I have two tattoos, a hieroglyph meaning "dragon" (yup, I was in love with dragons even long before I joined DC smile.gif ) on my belly and some Celtic ornament on my small of the back. I love them very much and in future am planning to have more. I love this a bit painful feeling when it's being inked xd.png

With my sister now planning hers, that makes me the only member of my immediate family tattoo-free (or will be tattoo-free when she has hers done in summer). I don't like needles, and I don't think I could chose *anything* that ten years later I'd still want.

If I did have to have one, I'd have the same as my friend's phoenix tattoo on my upper left arm, but it would be kestrel colours.

I want a tattoo so bad but don't know if it will ever happen or not. I want something to do with chihuahuas because I love my chihuahua babies. I small design of them specifically would be awesome but I imagine rather expensive and time consuming? Another thing is, I would not know where to put it. I would want it in a place that I could make visible or cover up if I chose to. Hmm...

I just don't know enough about having them done I guess. Who to go to, cost involved, pain involved... I like the long slow cat scratch analogy. I could tolerate that. My cat gives me those on a regular basis. LOL

I only have two tattoos so far, the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows symbol on my ankle (it's great because only fans recognize it, everyone who would make fun of me just thinks it a neat symbol) and some white wavey lines going up my left arm. Adding them to my right arm and doing a chest piece to go with the dermal anchors i have by my clavs.

Also thinking of getting a little white done on my face just so I can say I have a face tattoo even if it's very subtle lol.

Also strongly considering a big piece on my back of a steampunky hourglass. Since the shape of the contour of the hourglass somewhat mimics the contour of the shoulder blades.

But I'm also thinking of a clockwork carousel horse because I've loved carousels since I was very little and lately have been into clockworks and neo-victorianism. I'm drawing it now but nothing online that I can really link to.

I'll probably still put the hourglass on my back and then the carousel horse on the side of my left lower leg.

(edit for stupid spelling D=)

Edited by Rinah

I have a dragon on my hip and am planning on getting another one soon. Does anyone have experience with getting tattooed on the chest? How much does that hurt?

user posted image

I was wondering where I had seen this before, until I quoted the post. It's a nice looking symbol, but not something I'd want tattooed on me. My brother might though.

right now, I'm not sure I'd want a tattoo on myself anymore. Maybe a small one. I still kinda want a wedge of cheese with wings, but I'm feeling I've kinda outgrown most of the meaning behind it.

I have one tattoo. Got it when I was 16. It's a simple Heart with a banner going across it saying R.I.P. Dad.

I want to get something for my mom too but I want it to be special. I just can't think of something special enough. My mom was an amazing person and the tattoo for her has to be just as amazing. Plus I don't know where to put it. I'm thinking on my chest maybe. But I dunno...

My mom's best friend is a (professional) tattoo artist so I get my tattoos for free. My dad's tattoo was a $250 tattoo. It took almost 2 hours to finish.

Tattoos do hurt. A lot. But I can manage my pain pretty well. I didn't cry or even flinch, but it still hurt like hell.

I got a tribal dragon tattoo on my shoulder and one running down my arm.

I'm thinking of putting a very small one similar to the other two somewhere on my forehead or side of the head.

And it doesn't hurt that much.

Sorry I cant take pics. My camera's messed up. =/

Edited by Ælex

I'm gonna get 3 tattos.

On the right side of my neck, the Chinese symbol for Peace.

On the left side of my neck, the Chinese symbol for Love.

On my right shoulder the Chinese symbol for Hope.

then on my mid-back, a Peace sign.

ninja.gif

Jenn525 you had better be careful. Get the symbols from a legit source before you go into the tattoo shop.

The internet is not a legit source.

Do not choose from the book they have in the shop. I know a girl who has an incorrect symbol that she picked out at the shop. Though the mistake in hers isn't quite as funny as on the Big Bang Theory where the girl has "Soup" instead of "Love"

I love my tattoos. Over the course of the last twelve years I have completed 7 (planning and design phases for quite a few more). All of mine are fandom related somehow, though most it's pretty hard to tell what fandom they are for (I like making them obscure).

My first was my wolf tattoo on my shoulder (for The Sentinel)

Second was my dragon tattoo on my arm (Dragon Riders of Pern)

Third was just below the dragon, a malorn leaf that the dragon is perched upon (LotR)

Fourth is the "Eye of Ra" symbol for Earth on my leg (Stargate SG1)

Fifth is an anime-style cat sleeping in a quarter moon on my forearm (this one was an overall image related to my fannish name of MistoKitt)

Sixth were John and Rodney as cartoon penguins on my arm (Stargate Atlantis)

And seventh was possibly my most obscure one, it's part of the Jack Daniel's logo (swirling lines and a diamond) that I had redesigned into a wrist band around my right wrist (NASCAR). Nobody ever gets that one without being told, and the vast majority of people seem to think it's a henna design, which cracks me up.

I refuse to have letters, numbers or portraits done, so it makes coming up with designs for various fandoms difficult sometimes (my NASCAR tatt took me forever to figure out because of this "rule" but I'm glad I did it this way as my driver changed cars the next year, lol)

Fandoms still in the planning stages: Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Firefly and Supernatural. Plus a bunch more that are on the back burner while I figure out both what I want to do and if I really want the tattoo for them.

I have thought about getting a tattoo but I know that I would regret whatever I got later. I just can't decide what I would get.

I like tattoos. Though not quite sure if I want one myself. I love how some people assume that if you have one your a biker or trashy. Granted some people do it distastefully, but everyone is different. Maybe I might get one some day, if I did I'd like my name in Elvish, which will be hard since I'd want a proper translation. Or a cute flower I found, just a matter if I want to live with one or not.

I like tattoos. Though not quite sure if I want one myself. I love how some people assume that if you have one your a biker or trashy. Granted some people do it distastefully, but everyone is different. Maybe I might get one some day, if I did I'd like my name in Elvish, which will be hard since I'd want a proper translation. Or a cute flower I found, just a matter if I want to live with one or not.

You'll want to get it somewhere you can see it if you want to, but where it's easily hideable. Good places are the wrist, shoulder, shoulderblade, or back. Plus, if you decide you don't care for it, you can keep it covered. Or you can keep it covered for job interviews, work, pictures, etc. (And get something with meaning. You're less likely to dislike it later). I got "Honor" (Meiyo) in Japanese on my wrist today.

I've considered getting a tattoo at some point, until I found out that while the procedure for having the tattoo applied is standerized, the ingredients of the inks are not. There's so many different 'recipes' out there for tattoo inks and you (general) don't know is in any of them: some of that stuff is likely toxic and will mess you up later in life.

So...until the recipe for the inks is standized and approved by the FDA...I am not getting a tattoo.

^ A tattooing blog actually interviewed a dermatologist about the possibilities about tattoo ink harming you. Even if there is potentially dangerous stuff in tattoo ink, the layers of skin it goes into are meant to specifically protect you (keep it away from the bloodstream) from dangerous stuff. Most tattoo artists know what are in their ink though (good ones anyways), because since some ingredients are made from animal bone, if said person to get tattoo was vegan...needless to say they wouldn't be happy (yes they do make vegan inks) among many other reasons. The FDA are worried about what are in tattoo inks because when you remove them with a laser (that is a standardized way to remove tattoos by the FDA) it heats up the ingredients in the ink and can be potentially dangerous. This is why most tattoo artists recommend getting a cover up rather than removal.

It's going to be many years before I can get a tattoo.

It's a design I made, an upside-down treble cleff attacked to a backwards bass cleff in the shape of a heart. Most likely on my outer ankle.

The Japanese sign for Love (really small) on the back of my neck (the very bottom where the neck meets the shoulders.

The Japanese symbol for Hope on the small of my back.

Still deciding on where I'd like them, but at least I know what I want.

Remember guys. Tattoos near joints, where it gets close to bone, and near vital organs hurt a lot more. So one on the spine is going to hurt. If you can take the pain, go for it. But if it's your first tattoo, get it somewhere thicker with meat and skin. That way, you find out if you might be able to take the pain. Nothing looks worse than an unfinished tattoo because someone didn't know what they were getting into.

Remember guys. Tattoos near joints, where it gets close to bone, and near vital organs hurt a lot more. So one on the spine is going to hurt. If you can take the pain, go for it. But if it's your first tattoo, get it somewhere thicker with meat and skin. That way, you find out if you might be able to take the pain. Nothing looks worse than an unfinished tattoo because someone didn't know what they were getting into.

There's a spot kind of between my shoulder blades right at the base of my neck that isn't boney and has a good amount of muscle/skin. That's where I was thinking about.

I can take a lot of pain though. I'm the largest clutz in the world and I see a huge red and purple bruise on me and I go "... What was that from? I don't even remember it..."

I might have the musical heart right over my actual heart.