Rorschach

Tattoos

There's a spot kind of between my shoulder blades right at the base of my neck that isn't boney and has a good amount of muscle/skin. That's where I was thinking about.

I can take a lot of pain though. I'm the largest clutz in the world and I see a huge red and purple bruise on me and I go "... What was that from? I don't even remember it..."

I might have the musical heart right over my actual heart.

It's all about nerve endings. I'm not entirely sure, but I think there are a lot of nerve endings on the spine, which is what would make it hurt. And ribs is one of the most painfil. Because there are a lot of nerve endings because that's where vital organs are at, plus all the bone. Top of the feet suck too. My friend Josiah got a tatto there. His take on it was "It didn't feel like they were giving me a tattoo... It felt like they were just taking a box cutter and slicing my feet open."

I can't wait until i am old enough to get a tatoo. Haha my sister said it would be her graduation present to me!

I currently don't have a tattoo, but maybe I'll get one in some months/years.

It's all about nerve endings. I'm not entirely sure, but I think there are a lot of nerve endings on the spine, which is what would make it hurt. And ribs is one of the most painfil. Because there are a lot of nerve endings because that's where vital organs are at, plus all the bone. Top of the feet suck too. My friend Josiah got a tatto there. His take on it was "It didn't feel like they were giving me a tattoo... It felt like they were just taking a box cutter and slicing my feet open."

I might do it slightly to the side of my spine, but still relatively in the middle in that case.

As for the dragon on my lower back, I'm still going to do that, but I'm going to break some super awesome headphones, my laptop, numb the area with ice a lot, and take a benadryl so I'm half asleep xd.png.

I have a wolf on my right shoulder, black, white and grey, nothing major special about it or anything.. oh, hey, there's that link to it! biggrin.gif

user posted image

Yup, that's my wolf smile.gif

I will be getting a second one once I get the money saved up and some time. It'll be a dragon on my left shoulder, I have a design in mind but am keeping that underwarps for now as it's not only personal but I dun want anyone to steal it dry.gif Only 2 people know of it so far besides that, and I trust them deeply with it smile.gif

I'd love to have a tatoo, but I'd look odd with one because I don't look like the type of person who'd have one. I'm not old enough for one anyway. Maybe when I get older I'll look like I should have a tatoo and get one. laugh.gif

I'd never get a tattoo, but if I did I'd get a section of Rachmaninov's Op. 16 No. 4 wrapped around my upper arm.

im never going to get a tattoo but once i got a hena tatttoo on my back by my sis. It was a sun on the right solderblad with bitterflys coming out of it and in math these guys who sat behind me (that day I wore a open back shirt) were aguing weather or not it was real. "Dued! It can't be real! shes to young!" "But its so detailed!" "But can't be!" "Shes got awesome parents!"

I've considered getting a tattoo at some point, until I found out that while the procedure for having the tattoo applied is standerized, the ingredients of the inks are not. There's so many different 'recipes' out there for tattoo inks and you (general) don't know is in any of them: some of that stuff is likely toxic and will mess you up later in life.

So...until the recipe for the inks is standized and approved by the FDA...I am not getting a tattoo.

Just as a quick comment on this: Humans are not standardized and the way we react to things is in no way standard either. Just because the FDA approves something does not make it safe for one and all, nor even safe for most.

My suggestion would be to do your research. If you want a tattoo, look into the inks being used and find out about them. Something tells me that if you requested certain inks from a tattoo artists, a respectable one would be happy to oblige.

I didn't know this topic existed, so I started one about dragon tattoos and then it was closed lol. I wanted to know if anyone has any dragon tattoos or wants to get a dragon tattoo, the story behind the dragon, and possibly some pics!

I have 2 tattoos already (an angel wing on each wrist) and I've been itching to get another. My next one is definitely going to be a dragon(s). I almost made the appointment yesterday but needed the money for something else sad.gif They are such beautiful creatures, and I love the meaning behind them - especially that they are protectors. My boyfriend is my protector, he likes dragons as well, and one day I will be the protector of our children. SO, I can't think of a better tattoo to get! I know, I know, people say it's bad luck to get a tattoo dedicated to a significant other, but it's not like I'm getting his name tattooed on me. Anyway, it would be something that can be altered/covered if anything were to happen. However, we've been together for 4 years next month, and we know we are "The ONE's" for each other so I doubt it will be a problem lol. I'm not the most creative person in the world and I can't draw for the life of me. I came up with a few ideas, one in particular was inspired by the Daydream sprites pose - the female on the bottom, male hovering over kissing her, with room for possible baby dragons to be added someday since I will be their protector smile.gif

I'd love to have a tatoo, but I'd look odd with one because I don't look like the type of person who'd have one. I'm not old enough for one anyway. Maybe when I get older I'll look like I should have a tatoo and get one.  laugh.gif

It doesn't matter if you look like 'the type of person' who would have a tattoo or not. There are no rules, and there is not a certain look that people have to have in order for them to have a tattoo. That's like saying, "But he doesn't LOOK gay..." You get a tattoo for YOURSELF, because you want one, b/c it means something to you, etc. Not for anyone else.

Edited by kissxthestarz

I always wanted a blue dragon wrapped around a crescent moon happy.gif But I'm under aged so yeah.

I've thought that getting a tattoo would be cool. I like the long, flowy ones that go across backs or wrap down and around your arm. I don't like the single one, like just a pawprint or a butterfly on an arm or tailbone are all that attractive. I thought getting wings or a bird or just some sort of winding vine-like design across my shoulder blades and possibly wrapping around my collarbone would be awesome. Unfortunately, I'm underage and my parents wouldn't approve. D: So I'd need to wait until I moved out.

I've never settled on a design for long enough to actually get it tattooed. Plus the boyfriend would probably kill me wink.gif

In the past I hadn't really put much thought into getting a tattoo, for various reasons, but then my dad got two tattoos, my mom got one fairly large one, and my friends started getting small but fashionable and meaningful tattoos. All of these people I would have never thought the "tattoo type", but hey, things change!

Now that I've been more exposed to how to get a tattoo, why to choose a design, and how to take care of it, I'm slightly more open to getting one in the future. I'm thinking something small, maybe accenting or somehow hiding my birthmark above my bottom that I'm slight embarrassed of. One thing I'm cautious about is getting it infected somehow, since even with top care my past piercings have become infected or otherwise painful, despite the piercers reassuring me that if I followed the instructions, nothing would go wrong.

I'd love to get a dragon done. On my right shoulder blade. Typical western type, and I'd like it to look like it's kinda hanging on to my shoulder with it's claws.

Tis unlikely I'll get it, though. My partner really doesn't like tattoos all that much, and I do already have one. I promised him I wouldn't get one without at least discussing it with him first. There's no actualy control here - if I really wanted it I could go out and get it - but as I consider a relationship to be a partnership I wouldn't want to do anything he would be seriously unhappy about. Same as he wouldn't do anything he knew I'd be seriously unhappy about either.

This is my most recent tattoo, a unicorn skeleton on my right thigh:

user posted image

Next, a chickadee mid-flight on my left arm/shoulder area.

In the past I hadn't really put much thought into getting a tattoo, for various reasons, but then my dad got two tattoos, my mom got one fairly large one, and my friends started getting small but fashionable and meaningful tattoos. All of these people I would have never thought the "tattoo type", but hey, things change!

Now that I've been more exposed to how to get a tattoo, why to choose a design, and how to take care of it, I'm slightly more open to getting one in the future. I'm thinking something small, maybe accenting or somehow hiding my birthmark above my bottom that I'm slight embarrassed of. One thing I'm cautious about is getting it infected somehow, since even with top care my past piercings have become infected or otherwise painful, despite the piercers reassuring me that if I followed the instructions, nothing would go wrong.

To be fair, piercings and tattoos are very different. It sounds like you might have an allergy to certain metals. Maybe you can talk to a doctor first about your various infections and ask if there is a test you can take to see if you would have a reaction to tattoo ink. Or maybe you can get something super-tiny and very hidden first, just to see how your skin reacts to it.

I have Amaterasu on my back from the Okami games, and a coyote pawprint on my stomach just below my belly button mimicking my favorite Fantasy Series Heroine Mercedes Thompson.

This is my most recent tattoo, a unicorn skeleton on my right thigh:

user posted image

Next, a chickadee mid-flight on my left arm/shoulder area.

I love this.

I hope you know I love this.

Never found a design I liked enough to permanently ink onto my body... But who knows, lol.

Admittedly, too many tattoos is unattractive to me. And as one ages they don't look so great either...

No tattoos for me, I don't think I'd be able to withstand the pain (and I hate needles).

I also don't like the thought of putting something on my body that I'll never be able to change my mind about. And that might get yucky and faded as I grow older~

I love this.

I hope you know I love this.

Thank you for loving this :] I wanted a unicorn tattoo so badly, but the ones I found were so cheesy. So I got a unicorn skeleton. A tiny part of me believes there is a real one buried somewhere wink.gif