Rorschach

Tattoos

Thinking about getting a neglected dragon tattooed on the left side of my glutes

Good idea?

That sounds awesome!!! Do it o3o

When I was about 14, I 100% planned to get a tattoo of the word 'imaginary' in Gallifreyan, it's got some personal significance to me and I thought why not combine it with my love of Doctor Who? I'm out of my Doctor Who phase now, though, so I probably will never end up getting that tattoo, though I had someone design it and everything, lol. It would have looked pretty cool, Circular Gallifreyan is so pretty.

I do still want a tattoo but I can't think of something meaningful enough to me. I'd want something somewhat inconspicuous and minimalist, nothing colored, nothing too ornate. Idk.

Even if I stop liking Doctor Who, I think circular Gallifreyan looks pretty cool. tongue.gif Haha.

I get why you wouldn't want it any more though.

I have seen some pretty cool minimalist tattoos actually. Maybe I would be better off getting one of those, because I am not very good with pain. >_< Hahahaha

Although I saw this TV show(Bondi Ink) where the tattooist chick was tattooing someone, and he stopped in the middle because it was hurting too much, and she was so angry, but all the other tattoo artists in the shop were telling her that it was okay, the important thing is the person it's on likes it, not if the tattooist likes it. So maybe I just need to make sure I find a patient tattooist. Although my boyfriend's mum told me something about this cream you can get that you put on before you get it, like an hour or two before I think, and then you wipe it off when you go to get the tattoo and you can't feel anything...

I've always wanted an octopus tattoo like this one on my shoulder/chest area.

Feels like I'll never be able to get one because I think It'd hurt a lot and I'm a weenie. Someday I might try out a small tattoo somewhere that isn't too painful, though.

Edited by Silverwinter

Went my whole life without a tattoo until 2003 and with two of my sons got the same tat on the left shoulder... "Tiger Cruise, Nov '03" A tiger cruise is when friends/family of a Navy man or woman, are allowed to cruise from Pearl Harbor to the West Coast port that the ship is home ported in... Usually about 5 days at sea.

It was a blast for me as the warship I was on when I crossed the Pacific was only 245 feet long while my Tiger cruise was on the USS Nimitz... just a tad bigger rolleyes.gif

I now have a "Totoro' tat and a 'Kodama' tat on my forearms from the Ghibli Studios anime

and a big emblem on my upper right arm from my first ship... USS Carronade

So, I don't have one yet but I'm very seriously conaidering one.

The two biggest things that im not certain on are cost and pain level... Cost is easy enough since I can just wait longer to save up more.

But what's the general pain level on one done on the shoulder area?

I'm picky with tattoos as I feel there needs to be great meaning and significance. I mean, you do you, but I'd think some people would regret certain tattoos. For example, this older woman on the bus had a daisy with a stem and leaf tattooed right under her eye. I commute to an impoverished area for work, and my first impression is that she doesn't have a job. I know I know, judgmental, but unfortunately that's how my area is...lots of welfare.

Anyway, I my first tattoo was large. My dad always wanted me to get one. I got one when I was 21 when he passed away. It's dedicated to him and I designed it myself. One of his good friends did it, took 6 hours. He used my dad's black ink for the outline for sentimental value. I have a red tailed hawk (my dad loved Hawks and we are part Cherokee; it's seen as an overseer, strength, protector, someone that sees more than we see) and its carrying a gray ribbon for brain tumor awareness with his dates in it. I like how the wing comes up onto my left shoulder smile.gif. Hehe.

So, I don't have one yet but I'm very seriously conaidering one.

The two biggest things that im not certain on are cost and pain level... Cost is easy enough since I can just wait longer to save up more.

But what's the general pain level on one done on the shoulder area?

For me, my shoulder blade wasn't bad. Uncomfortable, but I didn't tear up or anything.

And yeah, save up for something nice, after all, it will be around for a long time smile.gif

I wish I could get a tattoo. Sadly my skin is a bit of a problem leaving even the smallest of cuts in to big hunks of scar tissue.

Of course if I could get one it would be a dragon I designed.

I'm getting my first one in November. It will be the constellation Orion on my right foot.

I'll also be getting a bee tattoo on my groin/lower abdomen and a deathly hallows with flowers on my right lower abdomen.

Edit: here's the design and the artist of the deathly hallows tattoo

user posted image

really quick thing i made in paint, kind of what i want. the triangle is going to be filled with honeycombs

user posted image

Edited by Lady Artemis

I just have a simple script font tattoo of "Apology Girl" on my upper arm.

It's a subtle nod to Jane from Breaking Bad.

i haz them

but all of mine are in intentionally easy-to-cover-with-clothing locations so most people dont know about them. ... which i am glad for now that i have a corporate job

i doubt i will ever get more. but i would not rule out another memorial tattoo should it be needed

I'm gonna go for my second and maybe even my third this summer (both small ones).

Any ideas what you'll get, Sock? smile.gif What's the tattoo you've already got?

I currently have 2 tattoos, both Alice and Wonderland themed, I have a white rabbit wearing the Hatter's hat, and the Cheshire cats grin with the quote "We're all mad here". I'd love to have more, I'm thinking of getting a Harry Potter themed one, But I have no idea what I'd get, feel free to give me some ideas! smile.gif

I don't have any tattoos.

But maybe I'll get something like this in the future.

Edited by Pauingen

Any ideas what you'll get, Sock? smile.gif What's the tattoo you've already got?

I've got a sunflower and bee on the front of my hips. I want to get two matching themed ones on the front of my shoulders. Thinking of a dandelion with a dandelion seed with a ladybug on it blowing away. I'm not sold on the ladybug but not much else would fit with the dandelion, which I am sold on. xP

For the third, I want a little UFO with a beam coming out of it on my back near my shoulder.

Thanks for asking! <3

I have a tattoo of a pink orca with the music heart made out of treble and base clef, it's on my left thigh, it's my fist tatto and I love it. I love orcas, music and the color pink, however I would have don't the traditional black orca but it would have made it hard too see the music heart, I considered dark purple but it was easier to see with pink, and pink is my favorite color.

Alright now the tattoo is my avatar.

Edited by Featherheart

I want to get the music heart tattoo when I get old enough. Small, but I DO want color. I mean, if it's on me forever, then I want it to be pretty.

I want it on one of my shoulder blades, I think it would be best on my left. I was originally planning on getting a tattoo of f-holes on my left wrist, but that would be A: super painful, and B: very hard to hide. If I stick with my plan of being a teacher, I don't want a super prominent tattoo.

I'm experimenting with henna and sharpie to see if I like it or get tired of it before I decide, but I have a few years

Edited by broadway_fiend

I have a small chipmunk on my hip (first tattoo.. stupid story) and a tiger cub on my leg, with a ribbon between its feet that has the kids name on it.

I've been saving up for a huge piece I want to get done on my back (tops of shoulders, partway down arms, full back..with potential for moving into the thigh a bit). Its been over fifteen years in the making, and i've finally settled on how I want it laid out (its a good seven pieces planned to make one large one). I've been talking to several artists, who have been putting me in contact with certain people who can do certain parts better. Wont be starting it for another year at least, due to having spent my tattoo fund on bills.

I've got 27 or 28 pieces of ink so far....can't remember the exact number at the moment.

Left arm : unicorn head coming out of a rose ( 1st piece that cost me $50 and still looks sweet) then right under that is the kanji for strength that I got to honour the late KISS drummer Eric Carr (the design was on the bass kick drums of one of his tour kits) inside of the upper arm is the Theater of Pain masks from the Motley Crüe album of the same name,then on the lower left arm I've go a raven design my uncle drew up for me and under it is the Eye of Horus then on the inside of the lower left arm is a winged heart with a wreath of thorns around the bottom point of the heart and a rose coming up out of the faintly cracked top half of the heart that a grade 5 class mate had drawn on one of my binders that I'd liked enough then to warn him that it would become a tat and he got to see it just a few months ago and couldn't believe I'd actually been serious about it. laugh.gif

Right arm : Poison Flesh & Blood (done shortly after the album of the same name got released) IDENTICAL to Rikki Rockett's, a D&D Beholder (basically an eyeball with a bunch of tenticals "reaching out" every which way),and a fugly (and the ONLY piece I've come to regret) tribal style ring of barbed wire stylized thorns on the upper arm and on the lower arm I've got a seahorse style dragon,the Stanley Cup with the Bruins logo in the center of it,and the late GREAT Chris Benoit's autograph and the yrs he was born/died under the autograph.SOMEDAY I plan to have the late and equally great Eddie Guerrero's autograph on either the right bicep or left inside wrist.

Left leg: faerie sprite on the outside of the thigh,Celtic knot on the back of the lower leg followed by my GnR tat of the Slash skull from the Appetite album complete with cig and top hat.

Right leg : Elven profile on the outside of the thigh,and a home done KISS related tat using the cross from the aforementioned GnR album.

Back pieces : left shoulder blade has the Tzimisce Clan symbol from Vampire:The Masquerade,right shoulder blade has the four faces of KISS surrounded by flames from one of the band's many greatest hits compilations,back of the neck has the rune stone for strength,down the spine is a bio mechanical version of a spine and lastly (until I can afford some more) I've got an open winged scarab in the middle of the small of my back...oh...almost forgot....a vine of roses going from the top of the left side of the rib cage down to a few inches from the belly button and a six winged Fae Seraphim on the right side of the rib cage and a chest piece of a western dragon within a pentagram that a friend drew for me a couple yrs ago as a b-day gift. The bio mechanical piece on my back took 7 and a half hrs over the span of two days and my inker actually "threatened" to make it hurt due to me having fallen rather soundly asleep.Gotta love having a high pain tolerance. laugh.gif

I don't have any yet, but I do definitely want the Flash's symbol tattooed somewhere since he's my favorite superhero. It's just a small color piece, so I don't want to use my shoulder on it. I was thinking on my right arm, maybe on my bicep or just below that area, at the top of the bottom of my lower arm, right below the elbow joint? I could do it on my ankle but no one would ever see it except maybe in the summer. laugh.gif Don't know when I'll get it done, though. Maybe late this year or early next year, ideally.

I don't want any ink done on my back or my ribs, since no one would ever see it unless I'm in a swimsuit, which definitely doesn't happen enough for it to be worth the pain and money for me. I usually wear jeans so I don't really want any thigh or calf pieces done either, but I would be open to it. I don't want anything I get to be incredibly conspicuous but I don't want it totally hidden all of the time either! I'm not huge on tattoos, though; they're cool, but I don't want to be covered with them.

But I was also thinking about getting two shoulder pieces; those can be large and easily hidden but also easily shown off. My ideas for my shoulders range from peacock to werewolf to dragon. Maybe I'd sprinkle in some symbols for my favorite bands or albums or something meaningful to me. I have no idea when I'd go for shoulder tattoos if I decide I want them; definitely not for a while!

For styles, I'd probably go with realism or illustrative. I'd like anything I get to be in color.

Also you guys have some really cool tats and some really cool tat ideas. biggrin.gif

Edited by LevanJess

I'm in love...

IN LOVE

with botanical tattoos right now. I turn 18 in seven months and I'm thinking of getting a baby's breath tattoo... and maybe a tattoo of a succulent... or a cactus. I just really like plants.

I don't have any yet, but I do definitely want the Flash's symbol tattooed somewhere since he's my favorite superhero. It's just a small color piece, so I don't want to use my shoulder on it. I was thinking on my right arm, maybe on my bicep or just below that area, at the top of the bottom of my lower arm, right below the elbow joint? I could do it on my ankle but no one would ever see it except maybe in the summer. laugh.gif Don't know when I'll get it done, though. Maybe late this year or early next year, ideally.

I vote inner forearm! The bicep is prime real estate and should be saved for a really huge, beautiful, pricey tattoo.

I usually wear jeans so I don't really want any thigh or calf pieces done either, but I would be open to it.

I have a lot of leg tattoos, and I love them because I wear a lot of skirts and dresses. Plus, they stay beautiful for a long time. The more exposed the skin is, the faster your tattoo will fade. It's why facial tattoos end up looking bad really fast, while more "hidden" tattoos look good for a long time.

I've always wanted an octopus tattoo like this one on my shoulder/chest area.

Feels like I'll never be able to get one because I think It'd hurt a lot and I'm a weenie. Someday I might try out a small tattoo somewhere that isn't too painful, though.

That's awesoooooome but yeah, it would hurt bad! blink.gif

Of course, you might get some and realize you can handle pain better than you think. I always considered myself the weeniest of weenies, but here I am with a huge foot tattoo - one of the most painful places to get ink. It hurt SO DANG BAD I almost tapped out, but I'm glad I stuck through the pain.

Save your chest/shoulder area for when you're older - if you change your mind, you'll be glad you have the real estate!