Rorschach

Tattoos

right now I have

Alec's Dragon Bite on my left ear (Any Nightrunner Fans here)

Yaku (bad luck/misfortune) on my left wrist

the Anbu mark in red on the back of my neck (not that big a fan of naruto I just like that symbol for some reason)

Still Saving up for or Working on

Seregil's Dragon Bite on my right hand

13 in Ramón Numerals on left collar bone

Wolves in a bamboo grove and waterfall at night on my Back

Tiger Tail at Base of Spine and round my leg (still arguing over right or left)

Okami sleeve on right arm with some cherry blossoms falling into the wolf tattoo

Blue Storm (a Dark Blue Eastern Dragon) Sleeve on left arm with storm clouds in top left of wolf tattoo (I cant remember where Blue Storm is from but he's been with me for all these years so I'm still gonna get him)

Eastern Dragon with a Pearl/Egg in its Claws warped around right ankle/calf with tail on top of foot (this has to be drawn by my little brother's father, his girlfriend thinks mum is trying to get him back with him every time we call, only reason I don't have this done yet)

I have Aerith (final fantasy) on my right arm. I chose that as a tattoo because it reminds me that, no matter how much I struggle in life (and I've definitely had some struggles), patience and kindness are still the way to go.

On my back is a tribal tattoo of a raven and a black swan, tail to beak like a yin-yang. That one I got custom designed for me. smile.gif It has very personal meaning, but it's not something I want to share here.

I want another, but I haven't decided what. I don't want a third tattoo just to get a third tattoo. It's going to be on my body forever, so I want it to really be significant.

Edited by harlequinraven

I hope to get a cat tattoo someday. A friend of mine has a tattoo of dug from up on her arm and a butterfly on her other arm.

I'm not sure about the whole tattoo thing......I don't mind people who do have tattoos at all, but getting one seems a lil too......permanent. If I change my mind and don't want it anymore, that's a pain. Plus they sag with the skin.....not awesome. I'll pass on tattoos.....for now.

I'm a tattoo apprentice and finally got my first one today, it's nothing too fancy, a Pisces symbol on my left wrist, but I'm planning to go for full sleeves eventually biggrin.gif

It hurt a lot more than I expected though blink.gif

I have a black dragon tribal on my left shoulder, rather big. Have had it for 17 years now i think.

I have the moon and stars on my left arm and a wicked black panther on my back. I wouldn't mind another, a dragon, but I think I'm a little too old now to be getting new tattoos. lol

I'm a tattoo apprentice and finally got my first one today, it's nothing too fancy, a Pisces symbol on my left wrist, but I'm planning to go for full sleeves eventually biggrin.gif

It hurt a lot more than I expected though blink.gif

I'm also a tattoo artist, welcome sibling!

I got my first tattoo on my ribs, it goes from about nipple-height to my hip bone and it was a total of 7 hours over 3 sessions. That was so painful I remember every minute of it. But at the same time I knew immediately that I would never be satisfied unless I got to be a tattoo artist as well, and it happened to work out that I got the chance. I have several tattoos melded into one large-ish piece on my right leg, and the outside of my right calf is a memorial tattoo for my cat I had in college. I think I'll get my tattoo boss to do a half upper arm/shoulder/pectoral piece on my left side, I'm thinking a snake but I'm waiting til I can lose a little more weight so the skin will be in good condition. I've been working at the tattoo shop for about 5 years now. It's absolutely wonderful.

Mm, I would like a small tattoo of some sort because I like the art expression of it. It'd be something simple, or a neat typography of "Dimar". BUT I have a medical phobia that extends to a terrible fear of injections and being touched makes me uncomfortable, plus I'm uncontrollably flinchy and overly worried about getting infected or things going improbably wrong. So it's not something I could get done without a panic attack or unconsciousness. x3

It'd be nice if you could custom-make temporary tattoos that last for months, lol. Or markers.

There are places on the internet that you can order your own design as a temporary tattoo. You could get a heap printed and just keep re-applying it.

Another option would be henna, which lasts several weeks and can be touched up or reapplied as necessary.

A good tattoo artist will work with you to get the piece done. If you really want one, talk to your Doctor and the tattoo artist you want to do the work - there will be a way for it to happen.

I want to get breathe in written on my left wrist and breathe out on my right. Maybe it's tacky or hipster, but... *shrug* I think the idea's kind of cute.

But I've still got 3.5 years before I legally can so I might change my mind until then. What do you think, is it too cliché?

I would like a dragon tattoo but my parents would kill me.

sad.gif

I have a tattoo, it's a Christian fish on the outside of my right ankle. I got it with the money I recieved for my 21st birthday. I had wanted it for years and finally went through with it. Sorry, I don't have any pictures.

I like small colorful ones but would never get one. Hate pain and have seen too many older people with tattoos which look awful. Not so much on small ones but large ones definitely change shape.

I plan getting a couple of small ones someday when I get enough money and courage (I don't give a damn about what my parents think, it's my body #sorrynotsorry) even though I'm terrified of needles, but my sister is even more terrified of them so no, she'll never get inked up. tongue.gif

I actually have one that hurt pretty bad since it was on the back of my hand and wrist but it was completely worth it. I based it on the Semicolon project which is really close to me since I am depressed, used to self harm, and know many who are depressed, self harm, and have attempted suicide. It is also a way to remember a good friend of mine who was depressed and was introduced to drugs by an awful girlfriend he had and the mixture of depression, drugs, and catching her cheating on him cased him to commit suicide. I hold him and all my friends really close to my heart and I want to show them that I care and I survive every day, and if I can, they can too.

This is the tattoo on my hand the very first day I got it done in august.

Heres another angle of my tattoo while holding my snake.

I am goignt to get my very first tattoo in a couple weeks. I can't decide if i should get my Poohbear tattoo first or the Treble Clef tattoo first.

Part of me wants to get a tattoo (a rose, preferably on my hip), but the other part of me doesn't want to deal with skin stretching and loosening and distorting the image. The primary problem is that I really don't have money to throw at things like tattoos right now. tongue.gif Maybe when I'm a millionaire...

I actually have 2 tattoos. I got my first one for my 16th birthday and my other one last year (when I was 18).

My first one is "Je Ne Regrette Rien" on my right hip. It has substantial meaning to me because it was a song sung by the French singer Edith Piaf. I got it directly between my birthday and hers (mine is the 15th of December, hers the 19th, I got it on the 17th). She is a major inspiration to me; I've read her biography, and I listen to her music very very frequently. We are very similar. I also thought that this would be a great first tattoo simply because you cannot have regrets if you get a tattoo. You can't take it back. And you shouldn't live life in a way that you would regret.

(My mother also has this same tattoo, so you could say it's kind of a mother-daughter thing).

My second one is a divi-divi tree, a native tree of Aruba on my right shoulder. I am particularly in love with this one because it's gorgeous it took so much time (4 hours, one session). WHICH I DO NOT CONDONE because my body went into shock, etc. Bad idea. Here's a Pic (warning bra strap?)

Aruba was were I spent many family summers, and it truly is my happy place. I love the beauty of the tree- how it grows with the wind. I'm adding script to it soon, probably "I dream of paradise". I always wanted a piece of beautiful artwork on me.

My third tattoo will probably be a black and red koi on my other shoulder with water around it to somehow tie into the tree piece. It will signify my time as a swimmer and my college colors (University of Georgia).

I grew up part time in a tattoo shop owned by my aunt and uncle. I have no tattoos. I've always wanted one just never did it then I lost my chance. My uncle is the only one I trusted to do the tattoo but he died in a fire some years ago. He was fairly well known in this area and now I wish I wouldn't had procrastinated so much. It would have been nice to have something on me to remember him by.

Going in next weekend for my first tat! Super excited. It'll be just in time to be able to show my family when I see them over Thanksgiving break.

I got two. The chinese symbol for dog on my calf and a bald eagle against a sunset on my shoulder. I plan to get one designed for my right inner forearm in mid-december.

I have two, one above each ankle. On the left is an anhk and on the right is a crescent moon with a black cat sitting on the inside curve, facing the points. I got them a few years apart and they each have very personal meanings to me. The shading on the cat hurt, but it was well worth it.

If I was brave I would get a tattoo, but I'm spineless roflol. If I did though, I would be tempted to get something Harry Potter ish or an airbender symbol maybe.

I'd want a small dragon on my wrist wrapping to the top of my hand... but one, I have no pain tolerance and two, my parent's would probably disown me.

Something like this that I found online

But I do want to get a purple cancer ribbon on my forearm or above my ankle probably for sure regardless of what anyone thinks lol

Edited by Clya

Going in next weekend for my first tat! Super excited. It'll be just in time to be able to show my family when I see them over Thanksgiving break.

It's done! Only took an hour.

My goodness, I chose a bony spot for my first tat, though, lol. I miiiight post a pic later. They're still covered up right now.

In other news, there was a kid whose 18th bday was today there to figure out what kind of tattoo he could afford and what he actually wanted. He wanted to a memorial tattoo on his arm. However, he had a lot of words picked and had wanted a design to go with it to fill in blank space. He was unfortunately on a pretty tight budget. He's no doubt going to have to simplify the words not only for cost but also to fit them all on his arm. I was getting tatted in the back when the tattoo artist was being shown the design by his coworker and hearing the cost estimate, which was a little more than double his budget. So when I left, I checked with his mom to make sure it was okay, and gave the kid $20 bucks as a birthday present. Hope he can afford something he likes!

EDIT: Here it is if anybody is interested. xP

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler