Umbreonage

Badge (and Trophy) Suggestion Thread

As a Pokedex collector I'd love to have a dragonopedia badge. It'll be a good little prize, worth spending time looking for different breeds of dragons. Maybe for unlocking 25 breeds, 50 breeds, 100 breeds and so on? (Maybe it'll be hard to make something like this in percentage, because of dragonopedia being updated constantly...)

Also a link will be good too.

From the indicate there's more info to unlock in the encyclopedia thread, I thought this fit here:

I think a badge is a great idea. My idea is possibly once you unlock one breed, the badge shows up on your scroll. If people want a semi-dynamic badge, I would say that you start with one book; after you unlock 20 dragons, the badge changes to two encyclopedias; once you get 40 dragons, the badge changes to three encyclopedias. It could go up to however many encyclopedias reasonably fit in a badge. Numbers subject to change.

I actually tried to make a badge for you guys (before I thought of the set of encyclopedias), but it turned out horrible. x3

If anybody's interested: user posted image Anyone's welcome to play with it, but I think starting over would be easier. rolleyes.gif

This was my take on the encyclopedia badge when it first came up. I still agree a badge is a good idea.

What I'd love is if more people who could art badges would provide some examples or even just PM them to TJ. =p

Eventually we are going to need something to store badges in. As it is, mine extend to the 's' in shop. Maybe a couple more years and the line will be full. Do we start another line? I'd prefer a cute clickable trophy case. The gold/silver/bronze trophy itself should stay visible though. If we had that, I wouldn't mind a few others like the encyclopedia

I will use steam as an example here.

On Steam I can select from a group of badges to display on my profile, I do not see why this is not a possible way to display badges. And that users can always go back click to see what other badges you have.

For me, I would display my event-contributor badges. I am proud of those.

user posted image

?

Nice!

We could either do more books = more full, or if you could change it to the open books to make the various levels?

Cheers!

C4.

user posted image

?

Well - ask and you shall receive! This is wonderful. =D

I separated the first post into art and no art.

one: user posted image

two: user posted image

three: user posted image

i'm not sure how well an open book would translate to the encyclopedia but i could give it a shot if people would like :3

i'm not sure how well an open book would translate to the encyclopedia but i could give it a shot if people would like :3

biggrin.gif

Actually I think 1, 2, 3, and 4 books works quite well!

Cheers!

C4.

Hmmm. I think that the first one(OOOOOOoooo, the open book idea should be good!) should open at the same time that all the images are unlocked in the encylopedia itself (which I haven't done yet, but that's neither here nor there) From there, percentages unlocked would be a good way to deal with how many books are on your "shelf" and could be either static or dynamic.

Oh no, those books are so cute! I want some on my badge bar!

Also I'm not sure if this was covered since I skimmed, but they should totally link to the encyclopedia, because it would be nice to have a link directly on our scroll instead of tucked away in the dragon or action pages.

Edited by silver_chan

they should totally link to the encyclopedia

That was definitely the whole idea. xP I'll make the OP more clear!

zaverxi - cool. I added that to the OP as a choice. :3

Sometimes I miss whole sentences when I read, too. It's a problem tongue.gif

But yay, this is a really cute concept and a wonderful idea.

As a suggestion for filling the encyclopedia, maybe the more dragons you've unlocked, the more words show up on the pages of the book I sprited? biggrin.gif With darker 'text' so you can see it better, of course.

Like how the trick or treat baskets and egg baskets gradually fill up with goodies. wink.gif

Hmm. Decided to try an animation to show gradually filling it up. I can definitely separate it into frames if needed. :3

user posted image

I have a question about the books. Is it going to work like trophies? After a set amount unlocked, no matter how many more breeds are added and unlocked the badge won't change?

As a suggestion for filling the encyclopedia, maybe the more dragons you've unlocked, the more words show up on the pages of the book I sprited? biggrin.gif With darker 'text' so you can see it better, of course.

Like how the trick or treat baskets and egg baskets gradually fill up with goodies. wink.gif

Hmm. Decided to try an animation to show gradually filling it up. I can definitely separate it into frames if needed. :3

user posted image

Oooh, that's kind of neat. The reason I was preferring the closed books was because they 'evolved'. I'd definitely like to see this separated and offered as a choice. o3o It looks good!

I have a question about the books. Is it going to work like trophies? After a set amount unlocked, no matter how many more breeds are added and unlocked the badge won't change?

Yes, although alternatively we could do by percentages rather than straight up numbers, which would mean that when new breeds were added, people could lose books/writing and have to gain them back.

I suppose that might actually be better than using plain numbers, which would be so completely arbitrary it's kinda funny.

Oooh, that's kind of neat. The reason I was preferring the closed books was because they 'evolved'. I'd definitely like to see this separated and offered as a choice. o3o It looks good!

Yes, although alternatively we could do by percentages rather than straight up numbers, which would mean that when new breeds were added, people could lose books/writing and have to gain them back.

I suppose that might actually be better than using plain numbers, which would be so completely arbitrary it's kinda funny.

You're right it is kind of funny. But yeah I do think using percents would be better.

Ok can do... although it's about 15 different frames. xd.png That doesn't divide very neatly into 100, so I guess I can cut it down to 10 frames. Or 11, a blank one for new people without having any being 0, then 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100.

Hmm, yes. Easier to remove 4 than it is to remove 5 and having it still look nice hehe.

And I guess if it does work on percentage, it can subtly clue people in that there's been an update to the encyclopedia and for them to go hunt. wink.gif

And if people don't care they won't be bothered by it anyway.

Since the alot.png creature is native to this forum, I wonder if we could have an alot.png badge above a certain number of trophies? And one could decide whether they want all their badges on display, or they already have a lot of badges and those they want to hide behind the a.l.o.t. of badges. I think it would be cute. (And I would use the "hide behind" option.)

I would like a badge for my badges!

I have all the possible badges on DC and I'm wondering what will happen next year, when I'll run out of space xd.png

user posted image

I would like if gold/silver/bronze trophy could always be visibile, while for holiday trophies there could be a single image to click and show them in another page, and a third badge for the left ones that don't belong to any festivity, like magikarp, carrot cave and heat the beat summer.

A badge for completing so many dragon families? (having each dragon from a set - newborn, hatchlings and adults)

I would like a badge for my badges!

I have all the possible badges on DC and I'm wondering what will happen next year, when I'll run out of space xd.png

user posted image

I would like if gold/silver/bronze trophy could always be visibile, while for holiday trophies there could be a single image to click and show them in another page, and a third badge for the left ones that don't belong to any festivity, like magikarp, carrot cave and heat the beat summer.

This has been something we've been suggesting pretty early on in this thread. I wish I could art better so I could try a trophy case badge for it or something. >_e

We're definitely getting up there in trophies/badges!

I'd be happy with one badge or even a couple groupings - something to put all the Halloween ones in, all the Christmas ones in, all the VDay ones in, and a miscellaneous one.