TJ09

04/04/10 - Festival of Eggs

This was the absolute best time for any type of view. All my eggs are getting tons of views and are well on the way to hatching.

just found my 9th XP

well, I have tomorrow off, so I can egg-hunt until i find the rest :]

I'm glad for hte mod mayhem cause I'd never know about this. I have gotten to the point I mostly ignore dragon cave (cause in general I'm happy once I get a male/female dragon unless it is a chicken cause I love the chickens and I won't mind collecting more of the rare dragons) unless I notice new eggs come out (in a link share webpage that I see other people's dragon pages) and because I decided to start getting some of these new dragons I noticed random wierd egg and figured something was going on (I tried clicking on it and thought at first it was a new dragon egg. Decided to go to forum to find out).

Edited by tigress666

my fav is the yellow one with the red markings all over it...post a piccy plz?

Mod Madness is new eggs dropping in the cave.

Festival of Eggs is random cute tinier eggs showing up on the DC pages.

http://dragcave.net/easter/Tejas <----- These are Festival of Eggs Easter Fun

All I understandis that the Easter one is an event - limited time

whats the difference between a regular egg in the cave and mod eggs?

Unless you're Fabergé, you couldn't make some, but several you could if you had the supplies and the patience. It's not really that hard but it is time consuming to make Ukrainian Easter eggs (pysanky) or wax batik dyed eggs, which several of the sprites are based on (the 'Egyptian' one, for instance).

It's really a lot of fun and very satisfying even to make a simple design. Look them up with Google, there are sites devoted to learning how to make pysanky.

In other news: I gathered all the loverlies! Thank you all, spriters and TJ for a fun, non-frustrating, no-pressure, no rush, doesn't matter that my connection is slow, wonderful event! There are so many pretty eggs in my virtual basket : )

My Dad's friend's father was a genius at using wax to "paint" eggshells, and my stepmother picked up the knack from him as well. I don't remember what the medium was called, it might have been one of these described as the man was originally from some part of Europe and I met him only a couple of times when I was very young, but it was his job, and he was quite successful at it, I understand. I was certainly awed by it.

They'd actually drain the egg of it's insides before decorating the shell - which is what I found most fascinating, as the shell feels a lot more delicate and fragile when it's empty. Nifty stuff.

Hmm the whole day I was thinking about what´s going to happen with these eggs after easter ... but then I remembered, wasn´t there a "bunny-dragon-like" sprite projekt ?! Maybe this one will hatch out of one of those eggs. blink.gif

(If this had already been mentioned ... sooooorry)

Edited by Nyastara

I hope next year we will have another egg hunt I'm having loads of fun!

so far since I saw the TJ made egg when I log on I been hunting for a long time

Got 25 out of the 38 just by staying on the Cave Born pg. Been thrilled to see the many different eggs and counting them!!

yay one to go, it's the blue one with the white sorta fleur de lys and horizontal white lines - gorgeous - I wish I could find them in real life. I've never done an easter egg hunt for real sad.gif

I'm glad for hte mod mayhem cause I'd never know about this. I have gotten to the point I mostly ignore dragon cave (cause in general I'm happy once I get a male/female dragon unless it is a chicken cause I love the chickens and I won't mind collecting more of the rare dragons) unless I notice new eggs come out (in a link share webpage that I see other people's dragon pages) and because I decided to start getting some of these new dragons I noticed random wierd egg and figured something was going on (I tried clicking on it and thought at first it was a new dragon egg. Decided to go to forum to find out).

You and me both. smile.gif

OwO You guys like dems?

YAY -hugs everyone- ..dont break my glass egg ;_;

They're gorgeous! Thanks especially for the glass egg - it's one of my favorites (although I was calling it the "bubble egg" for a while last night, and it still reminds me of a bubble being blown from a gold loop, so delicate and pretty!)

I'm on 37/38, just one more to go!

Edited by Ifni

All I understandis that the Easter one is an event - limited time

whats the difference between a regular egg in the cave and mod eggs?

Mod eggs are just the newest eggs to come out. They're the same as any other egg you can get in the cave.

I stayed up waaaaaay past my bedtime last night, until around 2:30am, having a hunting-war with a friend. We both had 14 eggs by the time I finally got offline.

Just grabbed my 15th. I LOVE THIS!!!

To those who had a hand in this awesome event, thank you!! This was so unexpected and so awesome!

o_o swan was one of my first few. xd.png Guess I got lucky.

=o if we get all the eggs, do they like stay on our scroll in the baskets? Or will it all go away after everything is over?