evina

TheEvina's DragHatch

Not working for me.

It seems to be working for me at the moment. What happens when you try it?

I just wanted to let you guys know that I am working on a huge new update (DH 8). This new DragHatch will be mobile friendly and conformant to the latest web standards. I will update you with more information when I have it.

I saw the Halloween update with the new skin and.. that really hurts my eyes :v

Especially in the page where I can manage my scroll, the contrast black/white is way too strong :0

You can change skin. Look for the dropdown meny down in the right corner and change to the classic skin. :)

Aww, I had been using this site for a while now-- ever since AoND stopped having a working front page it was my main hatch site. But seems like the holiday rush is overloading the site atm. All those ER eggs are putting a strain on most sites, looks like.

40 minutes ago, Nine said:

Aww, I had been using this site for a while now-- ever since AoND stopped having a working front page it was my main hatch site. But seems like the holiday rush is overloading the site atm. All those ER eggs are putting a strain on most sites, looks like.

Yeah, me too. : ( Nothing is loading. I had the site loaded earlier today and when I tried to load my scroll, it just says error. Hopefully it'll start working again soon? 

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_array() on a non-object in /home/evinextc/public_html/dc/er_viewer.php on line 24

ER is down...and with 644 eggs in it

Seems to be working for me. What were you attempting to do?

I'm getting the same error in the ER, opened it on both Chrome and Firefox and it's giving me the same thing on both. On Chrome it came up after I refreshed to update my eggs, and on Firefox it was there as soon as I navigated to the site.

Regular nursery still seems to be working properly.

Edit: Appears to be working now

Edited by Silvynx
update

8.0.0 BETA Released

http://dc.evinext.com/beta
This is a completely new, mobile-friendly DragHatch.

• Social media buttons removed due to lack of use.
  • New, responsive front-end built on Bootstrap.
  • A viewer is disabled by minimizing its window.
  • There is no more popup nursery viewer.
  • Theme selection removed. This might return in the future, but no promises.
  • Back-end cleaned up, restructured, and optimized.
  • Number of views given is displayed in each window's header.

Note that the security system does not work properly because I only have one API key.

Please test this if you can and report all comments, suggestions, and bug reports here. :D

Edited by evina

2 minutes ago, evina said:

8.0.0 BETA Released

http://dc.evinext.com/beta

This is a completely new, mobile-friendly DragHatch.

• Social media buttons removed due to lack of use.
  • New, responsive front-end built on Bootstrap.
  • A viewer is disabled by minimizing its window.
  • There is no more popup nursery viewer.
  • Theme selection removed. This might return in the future, but no promises.
  • Back-end cleaned up, restructured, and optimized.
  • Number of views given is displayed in each window's header.

Please test this if you can and report all comments, suggestions, and bug reports here. :D

Nice!! Looks so clean and sleek!! Are we supposed to be able to add eggs for testing or not? Cause i tried and got an error

31 minutes ago, geminia said:

Nice!! Looks so clean and sleek!! Are we supposed to be able to add eggs for testing or not? Cause i tried and got an error

Yeah, it's fixed now. Of course as soon as opened it to the public, another bug surfaced. *sigh* You can add and remove dragons as long as your scroll is not secure. I cannot access Dragon Cave's login feature on the beta branch.

I really like the look of it. Was able to add my eggs.

Is it just me, though? The low-time viewer doesn't seem to be rotating. I get new images and new counts on the Nursery viewer, but nothing changes on the low-time one.

46 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I really like the look of it. Was able to add my eggs.

Is it just me, though? The low-time viewer doesn't seem to be rotating. I get new images and new counts on the Nursery viewer, but nothing changes on the low-time one.

The low time viewer displays ALL of its eggs and hatchlings (unless there are more than 500). It refreshes every 3 minutes.

As for the "total" count, it is taken from the database count every 10 minutes. So the number shown might be slightly different than that.

Edited by evina

3 hours ago, evina said:

The low time viewer displays ALL of its eggs and hatchlings (unless there are more than 500). It refreshes every 3 minutes.

As for the "total" count, it is taken from the database count every 10 minutes. So the number shown might be slightly different than that.

Oh, okay. Thanks for the quick answer. I guess I didn't sit there and watch it for 3 minutes. ;)

Took a look at it and it looks good. Only complaint I have is the bright white background hurts my eyes. I also wanted to let you know that, since Halloween just pasted, I have tombstones on my scroll from failed Zombie attempts, and those show up able to add to site.

DragHatch.png.cdfe0acac734e27b5c8bb0ca70946629.png

Love the site and always use it as one of my regular sites. Thanks for keeping it going for us!

*hugs* Zylara

Looking good, but the nursery gets

Warning: Dependency script missing.

and nothing for me to give views to.

Looks nice and sleek ^^ However, as others have said, the interface is a bit bright; I always used the Halloween one before, since it was dark and easy on the eyes. Also, I liked having the checkboxes directly beside the images of the eggs, as seeing it on a widescreen now makes the rows really long and a bit cumbersome to doublecheck that I'm adding the correct ones; was much easier before, imo.

Compare row widths:

Old

9bAhhgc.png

New

tVkklLo.png

And as others have probably also pointed out, dead eggs are showing up still.

Anyway, the new beta is very nice! Awesome work on such a great hatchery! ~ :D

The dead eggs are probably due to lack of API use. I suppose that would resolve itself once the mobile bit is out of beta?

21 hours ago, Zylara said:

Took a look at it and it looks good. Only complaint I have is the bright white background hurts my eyes. I also wanted to let you know that, since Halloween just pasted, I have tombstones on my scroll from failed Zombie attempts, and those show up able to add to site.

Love the site and always use it as one of my regular sites. Thanks for keeping it going for us!

*hugs* Zylara

I just now fixed the dead dragon problem (I think). Also, I will work on making a darker skin.

18 hours ago, fuzzbucket said:

Looking good, but the nursery gets

and nothing for me to give views to.

The new site uses a script to detect when the images are loaded to refresh the viewer. It's possible that you have a firewall or something that blocks it.

Try to load the page again. If you get the same error, go to this link and tell me what happens. https://unpkg.com/imagesloaded@4/imagesloaded.pkgd.min.js

10 hours ago, Natakiro said:

Looks nice and sleek ^^ However, as others have said, the interface is a bit bright; I always used the Halloween one before, since it was dark and easy on the eyes. Also, I liked having the checkboxes directly beside the images of the eggs, as seeing it on a widescreen now makes the rows really long and a bit cumbersome to doublecheck that I'm adding the correct ones; was much easier before, imo.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will eventually put the image column back to the right side of the table. Also, the table has been narrowed on widescreen view.

-----

I really am quite surprised by how many people think it's too bright. The default skin of this forum has an all white background, and so many other sites too, like Google. :o But I will try to accommodate.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback so far! :D

Edited by evina

It looks great. Only two things annoy me a little (both were already metioned) - the design looks really bright and it's hard to follow the right row on wider screens. Image, code (ID) and time left are important to me, so it will be nice to have these columns near the checkbox, not on the other side of very wide table.

I know it's hard to come up with good mobile-friendly responsive design, so... good work. In general better than current version, which I also like.

ETA:

10 minutes ago, evina said:

(...) I really am quite surprised by how many people think it's too bright. The default skin of this forum has an all white background, and so many other sites too, like Google. :o But I will try to accommodate. (...)

You need to focus on the dragons stats to know which one to add / remove, so it feels brighter than forum background.

Edited by Anemonis

I think I'm saying what others are saying, but just to sum up my thoughts... I like it, but it's too wide and too white.
I know many sites have white bgs and everything. But if you see... The forums have a background that's not really all white. You write in white space, but the real bg makes some contrast.
I can handle that, tho. I'd be happy just with a not-so-wide space. ^^