evina

TheEvina's DragHatch

6 hours ago, evina said:

I just now fixed the dead dragon problem (I think). Also, I will work on making a darker skin.

The new site uses a script to detect when the images are loaded to refresh the viewer. It's possible that you have a firewall or something that blocks it.

Try to load the page again. If you get the same error, go to this link and tell me what happens. https://unpkg.com/imagesloaded@4/imagesloaded.pkgd.min.js

Thank you for the suggestion. I will eventually put the image column back to the right side of the table. Also, the table has been narrowed on widescreen view.

-----

I really am quite surprised by how many people think it's too bright. The default skin of this forum has an all white background, and so many other sites too, like Google. :o But I will try to accommodate.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback so far! :D

Yep, the dead eggs are now gone, and the new table width is much better; thank you for such quick work on those! :) And as Anemonis said, the dragon image, ID, and time left are the most important stats when I add to a hatchery.

As for dark interfaces, I always try to find a dark theme for any of the sites I regularly use, like Google, for example. (Honestly, this forum hurts my eyes.) I even modded my PC with a dark UI XD Nice to hear that you're working on one for it; your efforts are much appreciated! ~ ♥

EDIT: Oh yeah, also meant to say that wow, that high-speed autoviewer is FAST! :blink: Awesome work!

Edited by Natakiro

8.0.0 BETA 2 is released

I made this update to address some of the most common issues. The background was darkened slightly. The width was narrowed a bit more. Your dragon images will show up next to the checkboxes. As for other skins, that will still take some time. If you still can't take the brightness, I don't know what else to say other than lowering your monitor's brightness. Myself and so many others I know work with white screens all day and never have a problem.

On 11/9/2017 at 5:10 PM, evina said:

I just now fixed the dead dragon problem (I think). Also, I will work on making a darker skin.

The new site uses a script to detect when the images are loaded to refresh the viewer. It's possible that you have a firewall or something that blocks it.

Try to load the page again. If you get the same error, go to this link and tell me what happens. https://unpkg.com/imagesloaded@4/imagesloaded.pkgd.min.js

That link takes me to a page full of garbage text :)

But the viewer does seem to be working now.

21 minutes ago, evina said:

8.0.0 BETA 2 is released

I made this update to address some of the most common issues. The background was darkened slightly. The width was narrowed a bit more. Your dragon images will show up next to the checkboxes. As for other skins, that will still take some time. If you still can't take the brightness, I don't know what else to say other than lowering your monitor's brightness. Myself and so many others I know work with white screens all day and never have a problem.

Lots of people have no problems with white backgrounds. But lots DO. I have no issues except that I do find it very harsh to look at, but my SO cannot bear white screens and gets violent headaches. (He doesn't play DC, so that's not an issue - but he has to use a dimming programme when on government sites and the like, which are all white.)

It would be easy for someone who programmes as well as you do to offer different skins, as EATW does, I think - but if not - please do darken it some for the moment - beige, perhaps, or pale blue ?

Great work with beta 2! ^_^

Now thinking about it... it seems to me that the brightness isn't really a problem. It may be because we used to stare at the monitor, and because current version is gray, our eyes aren't tired so much. Now click and see the bright beta version. It feels like the eyes will hurt, but this "problem" will dissapear the second new version isn't beta any more.

Please don't count on it. There are a lot of people for whom that simply isn't true - white screens actually HURT.  (I am not one of them; I am making this plea for people who will not be able to use it.) Sure they can migrate to other hatcheries - but that's a shame for evina.

It is better now than when I first saw it though.

Edited by fuzzbucket

On another issue - I do like the way the original site shows you what you had updated, while the new one just says "dragons updated" - so if you think you slipped up, you have to go back and enter your scroll again to check.

Can we not help you by taking out adults on the Beta ?

I like it - it's very clean, easy to navigate. I'm using SeaMonkey as my browser, and it loaded fine on that. The Scroll Security option is a fantastic touch! I don't know if it was available on the regular site or not - I never saw or noticed a link for it.

I don't mind the paler color scheme, but one improvement might be to add an option for people to change their scheme, kind of like w/EatW lets you choose between orange and purple.

I just used the beta, and I would give it a 6 out of 10.  I agree with the others for a more muted background.  Maybe a gradient from grey to black/brown?  

I had two issues with the mobile version.  I'm using an ios 8 iPod touch.  For me, the scroll name input box was displayed as a single character length.  And the scroll display screen was too large to fit the screen.  Maybe shrink the views and clicks columns a bit more to allow the dragon pictures to come on over.  I added some picts of my screen.  

Now the feature I enjoyed the most was the two viewer screens.  I like the look of seeing the dragons displayed in two boxes, one on top of the other.  The dragons in those nurseries loaded quickly and consistently.  Keep up the good work, I think your very close to a finished product!image.thumb.jpg.62ee8d21f99c7b6bbba2cad1fc40c59e.jpg

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

image.thumb.jpg.3e2a972e66d20ae2d1d02ad74c05f1fd.jpg

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

image.thumb.jpg.ad03afd4234f4b77cc0e3f630079e0cb.jpg

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

image.thumb.jpg.46db4235092becfe5065d2977ceea6c2.jpg

Very clean and neat and loads fine on Firefox on my Mac. Thank you for the scroll security <3 I wish more would do that.

As far as the final page color, light sensitivity is one symptom of Chronic fatigue. I've had that issue. White pages like this forum wear me out pretty quick. I don't see myself staring at a hatchery but I do like to leave pages open on my second monitor. And I can tell my right eye gets tired after awhile when a white page is open. So I appreciate being able to darken any page I can.

Edited by Vhale

It looks great, beta 2 especially.

As one that does get headaches from white screens, I already notice a difference. :)

Security on the beta says it won't work....

The colouring is much better now.

Technically, security works on either version, but it leads you back to the main version after logging in and not to the beta.

Means, I can go to the beta, click the login link there, do the login - but then I can only manage my dragons on the main form.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I can't get into it at all just now :( Page loads but my scroll won't. I enter the name - click- and NOTHING.

and there's nothing showing in the nursery.

OH - never mind. It's the security - seems to have changed how it works !

Is DragHatch down? I only get a error message from their host site hostmetro.com. 

Does anyone know what's going on with DragHatch? :( It's one of the main hatcheries I run to with eggs and hatchies. I have the same problem as the above people - that HostMetro error page showing whenever I try to visit.

7 hours ago, DragonWolf256 said:

We broke Drag Hatch?

Probably not us, this looks more like an error on the hosting side.

@evina I'm hoping you're having a nice pre-holiday time and all, but did you see this yet? :)

I sent him a PM, just in case.  I didn’t look to see if there was an email address.

ETA:  Last visited 17 Dec, so maybe not.

Edited by DragonWolf256