TJ09

04/01/10 - MAYHEM

Out of curiosity, is the counter thing broken again? I was just on the main page, and it said there were a whopping 12 (!) people viewing that page. blink.gif

So far, I only have three of the four new eggs (love them all!)--missing the Sunsong egg (which, funnily enough, is one of the ones I caught for my daughter laugh.gif ), and I'm not seeing many of them when there are drops. But it's still fun hunting them, and hopefully I'll have some luck breeding mine. I notice some folks are having a lot of "no interest," which is due to the full AP, right?

Out of curiosity, is the counter thing broken again? I was just on the main page, and it said there were a whopping 12 (!) people viewing that page. blink.gif

WEll, I don`t know if the counter is broken but I would think that many users are on holidays. Especially now. Lots of people who are online at this time are from Europe and we here in Germany are having Easter holidays. This could be a good explanation for so few people online. And the US people, well it`s 5am DC time if I am not wrong.... But I don`t mind, so it`s easier hunting in the cave biggrin.gif

Just dropped a bred Nebula (WST x Nebula) to the AP that hasn't been picked up yet . Congrats to skyie!

Edited by JaneMcAsh

Just dropped a bred Nebula (WST x Nebula) to the AP that hasn't been picked up yet - 

I just got it, thanks.

First one of the Mayhem eggs for me.

Edited by skyie

I wonder if maybe the reason they are appearing so infrequently in the drops is because of the recent cave-balancing formula tweak? Maybe the change was too aggressive and now the cave thinks there are too many Mayhem eggs because they were recently mass dropped? Just a thought/speculation.

I haven't been able to get any of those eggs yet >< I'm debating about whether or not to wait until it's died right down or just spend hours trying to get them at every drop.

WEll, I don`t know if the counter is broken but I would think that many users are on holidays. Especially now. Lots of people who are online at this time are from Europe and we here in Germany are having Easter holidays. This could be a good explanation for so few people online. And the US people, well it`s 5am DC time if I am not wrong.... But I don`t mind, so it`s easier hunting in the cave biggrin.gif

Well, usually holidays are nuts...

Also, are you really finding it easy to hunt in the Cave?

I'd be interested to know because this last Drop was the first time all day I've been able to grab a new egg, in hunting both for myself and someone else - and I made numerous misclicks on commons, all of which had been snapped up immediately, which did save me a 5-hour lock each time...

But this has been happening a lot lately - hours upon hours where I can get nothing at all, and then suddenly I can grab things easy as pie, right off the hop.

I find it hard to believe that I can grab nothing, even commons by accident, (though I'm glad about that, lol) when only 27 or 49 people are on... and where do they put such a vast number of eggs vanishing as rapidly as they appear, commons and all?

No, I think the counter must be off, unless some of those people are bots with a multitude of scrolls to load up...

And I've still never seen the Cave with such low numbers, especially not with a new Release...

*Dances around the thread with her paintboard* biggrin.gif

I haven't been able to get any of those eggs yet >< I'm debating about whether or not to wait until it's died right down or just spend hours trying to get them at every drop.

Good luck with that. My girlfriend still does not have the trio eggs and neither of us have been able to catch her any because they go so damned fast. They did not have even a day of normal first day drops they just got lumped into the rest of them immediately.

*Dances around the thread with her paintboard* biggrin.gif

Well, that was a weird image....

*imagines you dancing around throughing splats of paint at us*

Weee! I caught a speckle and a fellfire this hour and released my bred nebula egg to the AP! Yesterday I could hardly catch anything... blink.gif

I wonder if maybe the reason they are appearing so infrequently in the drops is because of the recent cave-balancing formula tweak? Maybe the change was too aggressive and now the cave thinks there are too many Mayhem eggs because they were recently mass dropped? Just a thought/speculation.

I was thinking exactly the same thing, actually. I think a 'too aggressive change' sums it up well. And I'm still surprised we only had one day when only the Mayhem eggs dropped, as opposed to three or four that has become the 'norm' (special event eggs aside).

It'll be interesting to see what happens in due course to the numbers dropping and also for any future new release.

Getting these guys will be a pain xd.png I've been offline for a week and now all I can do is stalk the cave at the hour. Man I hate falling behind.

I bred my nebulas and got the following:

valentine x nebula - nebula egg

christmas angel x nebula - nebula egg

nebula x ice - no interest

nebula x winter - no egg produced

Thanks! Will see what I can come up with. Still hoping for another CB but if I have to breed one, I will. smile.gif

Successfully bred a fell fire with a sweetling, put the egg up for a trade for now, and a nebula with a gold. Now to get a boy CB nebula to pair up with my CB gold..

Edited by lightbird

OOh my hellfire just hatched its adorable smile.gif

Im thinking these dragons and eggs are living up to their name because of all the mayhem that its causing trying to just catch one and now breeding sounds like its hard to do as well

I'm beyond frustrated and am rapidly losing interest in DragCave. I've enjoyed it for almost two years, but frankly don't have the incredible amount of time it's taking to try to catch even one of these. Breeding has also become ridiculously difficult and pointless.

This is engendering jealousy and frustration among members, taking entirely too much time on a daily basis.......NOT FUN.

I'm beyond frustrated and am rapidly losing interest in DragCave. I've enjoyed it for almost two years, but frankly don't have the incredible amount of time it's taking to try to catch even one of these. Breeding has also become ridiculously difficult and pointless.

This is engendering jealousy and frustration among members, taking entirely too much time on a daily basis.......NOT FUN.

Awwww *hugs*

I'd suggest just taking a break. Sometimes that helps; maybe not from the whole site, but just the forums.

Remember, you can make your own goals. You don't need to get the new eggs right away. Try at some other stuff, first.

If TJ reads this he should keep in mind that 4 days long mass-drops are needed after a release.

This way we could avoid all the drama related to users not being able to catch anything. sleep.gif I still don't have a sunsong.

Anyone interested in trading a Speckled for a Sunsong? It's the only one I am missing. smile.gif

I have a male PURPLE dragon *happy.gif* yayyyyy... my influenced eggie grew up yesterday.

I'm in no hurry, I have one speckled hatchling, one speckle egg, on sun hatchling, and one hellfire egg... no nebulas yet but I'm sure I'll pick one up now that I can catch eggs again, and people are finally breeding now.

It's spring! Enjoy your hatchlings and babies, I've a feeling the new eggs are going to be around a while. Least we won't get sick of them the way we did the last bunch.

mcx

I was only able to catch a pair of nebula s and one that changes color with the sun. would like a second chance to catch the rest so I have a pair of each. kinda wish all those green ones in the cave were not so many and more of the new ones were in their place for a couple of months so every body could have a chance to get one of each with a mate. my internet is slow so makes it hard to compete with all those who have a faster connection.

please TJ

thanks

KelHel

sorry dont mean to be a winner. just frustrated with internet speed.

Edited by KelHel

Let's.. get this straight.

People.. are annoyed when the drops are TOO MUCH (the last dragons that were released), and they complain when NOT ENOUGH are handed to them on a silver platter.

WAT!

Seriously, dragcave has one of the whiniest forums I've seen in a long while.. and I frequent a good number of them. x)

Idk guys. You'll get some eventually, I still haven't even come close to a Nebula and I still need to get a male Bright-Breasted, and now a female Sunsong.

..Plus male and female Nebulas, and either a male OR female (hasn't gendered yet) Hellfire.

I've been trying to catch them for days, but seriously. They're new, everyone wants them, they're going to be snapped up in an instant.

Be patient, when people have more of them, and begin breeding they're sure to become even slightly more common; all the better chance for the whiners to snag some. =)

I am a bit frustrated at not being able to get any of the new eggs since the mass drop. I know I will eventually get them, but I wish the mass drop had lasted just a day or two longer. Nothing like the Midwinter Madness, but just a short while longer. But I will not complain too much. These beautiful dragons are worth waiting for!