Dr. Paine

Description comments

Yay, I made someone happy! ^^

A few new comments on Zyroc's description, by the way. ^^

Accept:

Accept: Omg, LOOOOVVVEEE it! Wonderfully written!

Hooray for accepts! 8D

Iwas commenting a description and it was:

Description: This dragon is The Master Of Darkness.

My comment: That dragon is purple with blue bur and white horns and hooves with red eyes. HOORAY FOR UR DRAGON!

^on "for" i almost put "foot" LOL

i don't often get comments on my descriptions but every now and then i get one that makes me smile

Uranus is a high flying Skywing Dragon. He will fly higher than most dragons will dare go. Despite his size, he is a rather light dragon as well so he likes to rest on clouds rather than trying to land on the ground. He also has his mischievous streak. He'll hide inside clouds and startle any passing dragons. He won't do this too often to storm dragons, for they will retaliate by making a huge gust of wind that will send Uranus spiraling out of control for miles, resulting in a rather dizzy Skywing.

User Comments

Accept: *won't *storm dragons, for *miles, resulting

Accept:

Accept: Wow! I like it!

last one made me smile and i'm glad for the point outs of my errors

RubyScales is rather bold and fearless. She will take any dare and challenge issued to her. As her name sake implies, she was born with brilliant glittering ruby-like scales. They are her pride and joy as she takes good care not to get them scarred or dirty. She can often be found aside the lake striking up conversations with the water-dwelling dragons and telling tales of some of the more daring feats she has accomplished.

User Comments

Accept: All I have to say is wow, this is one of the best I've seen!

Reject:

Accept:

oh too flattering is the first comment...but why the reject sad.gif i wish people would explain their rejections somtimes

For one of my Legion vamps:

Vladmir Alec never cared for the company of other dragons. He kept to himself, until he attempted to ask another dragon for blood, as he was rather thirsty and was too tired to hunt. That was when he realized that he couldn't communicate with the dragon. He was flabbergasted. He didn't have any idea as to what could have been wrong. When day came, Vladmir's sleep was not peaceful. He heard whispers, of things that he could not quite understand. When he awakened at night, the whispers grew louder. He could not bear the voices anymore, so he set off to find the source. He found the Legion, a group of Vampires that, like him, could not communicate outside of their own kind. He was delighted to have found others like him, and soon became a member. He now visits other members of the Legion every night, attempting to understand their strange affliction.

Comments:

Accept:

Accept: Unique and interesting!

Accept:

Accept:

Made my day. smile.gif

Thought I should start describing my Deirwater dragons, since the war is mentioned so frequently in my Clementine descriptions. Got a very positive comment on Luxor:

The dragons of Clementine were surprised to see a flash of orange among the Deirwater tribe, as Strudel had informed them that Shallow Water dragons don't stray far from tropical waters.

Luxor, however, is colder within than even the frigid water at the poles. To him, warm water feels scalding. The Deirwater tribe were disinclined to let him join their group, as his orange scales offer no camouflage, but they accepted him because of his skill with magic. Although he doesn't reveal much about himself, he appears to enjoy causing destruction and putting fear in the hearts of others.

In the fight against Clementine, Luxor has become a major strategist. If anything were to happen to Peter, it looks like Luxor would be a prime candidate to take his place.

Accept: mmm another person hatching out a war through their desc. now im curious about your two clans. thats wat a good desc shoul do...make you curious about the rest.

Thank you, it makes it even more worthwhile when somebody shows an interest. And it's good to have the reassurance that I'm not just making a fool of myself, as is always my paranoia when writing. smile.gif

Edit: I also got another one on Gravy:

There was an air of mystery surrounding the birth of Gravy and his twin brother Sanjam. Their eggs were found together, nestled at the bottom of a tree. Nobody knew where they had come from. As such, their progress was watched by nearly everyone on the island. Benjamin and Abraham secretly rejoiced when the hatchlings turned out male, because they knew the stigma surrounding the colour pink would now be dissolved.

Gravy was the second Sweetling to hatch. Upon hatching he let out a series of squeaks that sounded like "I kill white gravy!", so "Gravy" became his nickname from then on. Gravy is very playful, but also extremely serious. He works alongside the healers, using his agility and keen sense of smell to fetch necessary plants and herbs in an emergency.

He is mated to one of the White dragons, Thalia, who loves him for his vitality and level-headedness. Although she is almost twice his size, they love to play and wrestle together, rolling on the ground like a couple of hatchlings.

Accept: Nice Writing smile.gif

Thank you! It's so reassuring to get positive comments other than just a blank "accept" that could have been an accidental enter press.

Edited by vegetariancannibal

Rick the Adventure Sphere (Frozen Male Neotropical)

Accept: *chuckles and leaves a brownie* Thanks for the giggle. (... Lagie? o.o -noms brownie- Glad to give you a laugh!)

==============================

Yep, that was me! smile.gif

Drako-tamer, I remember reading Zyroc's description, can't remember what I said or did about it.

So I have this short description pending on a Vine dragon named Ezra Naito-

"Ezra is a sharp-witted dragon living near the Naito Caverns. He has situated himself near a lake, and likes to catch fish for himself even more than he likes to tear up plants for fun."

Yawn, but it fits all the guidelines, right? Someone rejected it, didn't explain why. That's one where I wish they'd explained themselves.

So I have this short description pending on a Vine dragon named Ezra Naito-

"Ezra is a sharp-witted dragon living near the Naito Caverns. He has situated himself near a lake, and likes to catch fish for himself even more than he likes to tear up plants for fun."

Yawn, but it fits all the guidelines, right? Someone rejected it, didn't explain why. That's one where I wish they'd explained themselves.

They frequently don't explain why. Don't take it to heart. I don't see too terribly much wrong with the description. But I would say I agree with the other comment though. It's a bit bland, but a thousand times better than some of them.

Edit: Just started writing a batch I rather like. Calling them "Travels through Gratthi" collectively. Together they do tell an actual story where the characters discover Gratthi(Grrr-at-th-ee) underground.

Yvitte can be considered an eternal optimist. She can find the bright side of just about any situation thrown at her. At times it's a bit taxing. After all, the Creorluna war has managed to pit her own son against her. But she almost refuses to acknowledge how much this pains her.

But it was precisely this that likely saved her.

The Gritthi Plate was the scene of a recent massive battle. Gritthi is an expanse in the Creorlunite's territory of barren land made of great shale plates. This was a recipe for disaster. The plates gave way mid-battle, entrapping her, her clannmates, and her enemies under the great plates.

Only 40 survived the descent. Thirty were part of the Northern clans and ten, including her son, were Creorlunites. The Northerns managed to incapacitate their enemies, till they heard something stirring in the depths. They were not alone.

(See her son, Sherr, for a continuation of the story)

* Accept: Upping the survivor count? Hmm... tongue.gif

* Accept:

Haha I know you read my first draft. And yes, I did up the survivor count. Because I'd be too tempted to get a dragon for every single one if it was only at 20. Hehe...

Sherr has a foul nature; he is abrasive and cruel. It's no wonder given his upbringing; he was captured by Creorluna at a tender age.

He was one of the ten Creorlunites and thirty from the Northern clans(including his mother) to be stranded beneath Gratthi Plate. Outnumbered and outmatched, he and his allies surrendered to their mortal enemies reluctantly.

The group were hunting for a way out, unaware they were being watched by an ancient clan who regarded the newcomers with hunger in their eyes. They slipped through the darkness, biding their time as a pack of wolves might.

The first to fall was an Elder. He was one of those who had sustained an injury during the fall. He'd been straying. The killers slipped off into the blackness with him. They all heard one last, piercing shriek before there was nothing more. That was when he knew they were not alone. Nor were the Northern Clans Sherrs only enemy.

(Story continues with Price Thuwed-Dorkface)

* Accept: MxC=SS, this is your best story yet! I love a mystery...~Power_Of_Tri_Wisdom~

* Accept:

biggrin.gif Makes me get crossed between smiling and blushing haha. Might post more from the series later...my newest duo(and possibly my favorites) got the same rather disappointed comment. "Accept: Kind of long" and "Accept: Long." Doubt who ever commented even bothered to read, which is really too bad. I just posted those and prefer that someone read them, since I tend to make a lot of mistakes particularly grammatically.

Curious at who wrote this one:

Jive might just be the source of the whole stereotype that all pinks are creatures of seduction. He can't do a dang thing without making hens all across the clans swoon. His scales are an ultra-light shade of pink that somehow has taken on a silvery sheen and his eyes are a rather rare color for a pink - reflective, bright silver. His voice is deep, alluring and velvety smooth the way a vampire's might sound.

But Jive is an arrogant, haughty creature. He's far too in love with himself to ever contemplate a hen. What female could be worthy of his beauty after all. Not that he doesn't mind obliging a few females here and there. After all, Jive would love to see another dragon who looks just like him running around. But none of the females he's managed to snare has quite met his standards.

This dragon is far too vain. Should he ever meet a hen more beautiful than he, he'd either be far too jealous of her to do more than spite her or he would still refuse to believe she's pretty.

* Accept: Wow, you are quick at corrections, Pinkie!

* Accept:

Grins. What can I say? I like to check and see what people say to me immediately after posting. So if someone notices something's wrong, I fix it.

Edited by Pinkie

Accept: Really nicely done. Stupid humans, really. wink.gif

this one made me smile ^^

Was rechecking my pending descriptions and found this "gem" for Eorgrim, the neotropical:

Desc:

Eorgrim is unusually calm and laid back for his kind. There is no needless hassle or excessive darting around with him. Instead, his favorite thing to do is to stretch out somewhere on the back of a slowly grazing Terrae, and serenely watch the clouds pass by.

Comment:

Reject: .....how big do you think Terraes actually are? neotropicals and terraes are about the same size...

^Has obviously never bothered to read the official breed descriptions rolleyes.gif

With the rapid population-growth of the island "Clementine", it wasn't long before rumours and ghost stories began to spread. A trait in Clementine folk-lore is to refer to the two other planes; one of light, connected to the Earth during day, and one of darkness, connected only at night. It is told that on the plane of Dark there is no day, and the only "life" that exists is the Army of Darkness.

Lord Wampyr is said to be of high rank within the army, and comes to our plane to recruit the vulnerable and the suggestible. Once finding a suitable mark, he steals them to the very edge of the plane. There, he uses his fangs to puncture the victim's skin, sucking away their life as they morph unrecognisably, passing into the realm of Dark.

This story is mainly used to make sure hatchlings don't wander off alone in the dark - but increasingly frequent stories of eggs going missing without recovery are making some young parents worried there might be truth behind the myth.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Abstain: its rumors not rumours

Reject:

That abstain comment made me laugh. I refuse to take anyone seriously who can't use an apostrophe properly. tongue.gif

omg i can't believe i haven't seen this yet: i was checking the comments on my frozen black dragon hatchie named Rojal, and these are the comments:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Reject: make it an adult

HOW IN THE HECK AM I SUPOSSED TO MAKE A FROZEN HATCHLING AN ADULT?!

Edited by sarrepta1

I had planned on posting a few comments I thought were cute, but it looks like all my dragon descriptions got accepted before I got around to it. blink.gif

I'm thrilled, of course, but I wish I could remember the comments.

I do still have one description floating around out there for Sempiternal Dream. These are her comments so far:

Accept: People should use words like "effulgent" more often. This is really well written, I love it.

Accept: Whoa...

Thank you, whoever you are! And I am dying to know what the second comment was about.

Edited by Goslander

WetfeetMcgee lives in a large lake in the countryside with many other dragons like him. He enjoys to zoom around atop the waters, chasing dragonflies and other such insects. Despite his apparent enjoyment at the lake, he longs for adventure and to see some of the deep water dragons that the broodfather told them about when they were but younglings. Perhaps one day he shall.

Got a Reject for this one, no explanation. Nice one. *slaps mystery reviewer*

Also had an accept, so at least someone appreciates it.

EDIT: All my descriptions have just been approved biggrin.gif

Edited by Axphonia

Accept: That's cute, Zov! There's a comma after the first so that you don't need. *leaves a brown

<3<3

Lazlo Leafage is the leader of the Leafage clan, who reside deep within the tropical rainforests of Kaan. Whilst Lazlo is young to be a leader, what he lacks in experience, he makes up for in intelligence and determination. The clan are friendly towards humans, and often converse with the local tribesmen in exchange for gifts of fruit and berries. Blending into the canopy, you can always be sure in the rainforest of Kaan that you aren't far away from one of the Leafage clan.

Abstain: I'd say that the clan is a singular word, but apart from that, nice description!

Accept:

I feel this comment is positive enough ^^ although I'm struggling to see where they feel clan is misused. If anyone could clarify, I'll happily change it :]

Dragon Sprout has a bit of a strange obsession. Since first hatching, she has been crazy about vegetables. Carrots in particular. She also has the strange habit of calling eggs 'seeds', hatchlings 'sprouts', and dragons 'carrots'. This colorful vocabulary even extends to the drakes, whom she has affectionately dubbed 'potatoes'.

Oddly enough, Dragon Sprout hates being called a carrot herself. She threw a horrible temper tantrum one day when the whole cave nicknamed her "Carrot Sprout" for April Fool's day.

* Accept: lol

* Reject:

* Accept:

* Accept:

* Accept: lulz

I'm glad I got some laughs from this. One person apparently has no sense of humor (that or they're out of the loop).

Ah... Dragon Cave memories <3

Since he was a wee little daydream chick, he has taken no better delight than to troll the other dragons and the neighboring caves. Named after his first trolling subject, Parfait's favorite method is the 'make everyone out to be shallow' method. So, not only does this dragon troll, but he increases his ego tenfold. For him there's no better life than that of a troller.

Next time someone says, 'This parfait is heavenly', don't believe a word of it. Parfait is anything BUT heavenly. Actually, he is more of a nightmare.

* Accept:

* Accept: Clever

* Accept:

* Accept:

Thank you whomever you are for the compliment! This was written as a spur of the moment, so I'm quite pleased that it came across as such.

Edited by Daydreamer09

Abstain: I'd say that the clan is a singular word, but apart from that, nice description!

Accept:

I feel this comment is positive enough ^^ although I'm struggling to see where they feel clan is misused. If anyone could clarify, I'll happily change it :]

Lazlo Leafage is the leader of the Leafage clan, who reside deep within the tropical rainforests of Kaan. Whilst Lazlo is young to be a leader, what he lacks in experience, he makes up for in intelligence and determination. The clan are friendly towards humans, and often converse with the local tribesmen in exchange for gifts of fruit and berries. Blending into the canopy, you can always be sure in the rainforest of Kaan that you aren't far away from one of the Leafage clan.

The problem is right there.

The clan is singular, but the usage of "are" makes it seem like it's being used as a plural.

The correct usage would be to either change "are" to "is" or change it to "clans" (everywhere in the description).

Ah of course. I'm such a moron. Can't believe I didn't spot that. mad.gif

Thanks for pointing it out.

Ah of course. I'm such a moron. Can't believe I didn't spot that. mad.gif

Thanks for pointing it out.

Not a problem at all.

I recently got an interesting comment on one of my pebbles.

Let me see if I can dig it up.

This dragon is a touch odd for a pebble. She seems to like unicorns, and everyone knows that that's impossible. Pebbles can't like unicorns. Unicorns are fluffy, sweet pony-like creatures that excrete rainbows and purify water. Pebbles are huge, hulking dragons who like to cause pain, destruction and loss of hearing.

Nevertheless, this dragon has decided that she is a unicorn fan and firmly believe that unicorns are just bluffing when they trot along singing stupid songs about love and stuff, she truly believes that they do it so they can lure in potential victims that they can then gore to death.

* Accept:

* Accept: Ah ha! Pink, this is one of the best yet! ~Power_Of_Tri_Wisdom~

* Accept:

* Accept: Interesting. Girly and manly at the same time, I like it!

I didn't realize it had a bit of both until I saw this comment.

Silly Pink.

MY MOTHER HATES ME escaped his mother as a hatchling. Being something of an overdramatic mother, she had tried to sacrifice him to the "God of Fabercrombie and Itch" or some strange thing shortly after she found out he was a boy.

He ran away, and now whenever he hears the word "fashion" he immediately panics and faints.

User Comments

* Accept: Funny. =)

* Accept: Slightly disturbing, but somewhat funny.

How... is that disturbing?

0_o

Edited by Pink

Your pepple is very stubborn, eh? That's oh-so manly xd.png

I guess that person meant your dragons name (all in caps and wow, such a direct message xd.png). And the fact that he was almost sacrificed to God of Fabercrombie and Itch. Poor boy! I feel for him :c

Although I write descriptions for all of my dragons, sadly I've never come across a particularly funny response to one...

Except one, on my grown chicken.

"I'm in ur cave. Eatin ur chicken."

It was an accept anyway, so whatever. xd.png

Edited by digipup

Your pepple is very stubborn, eh? That's oh-so manly xd.png

I guess that person meant your dragons name (all in caps and wow, such a direct message xd.png). And the fact that he was almost sacrificed to God of Fabercrombie and Itch. Poor boy! I feel for him :c

I think it may have been more the goring and such rather than the stubbornness.

tongue.gif

Wow. Just submitted a description, and it's already got a review. 0_o

(Male Dark Myst Pygmy)

Unlike normal Turrets, Defective cannot seem to guard something as simple as a pebble in the dirt, let alone an egg. He tries to help, but he winds up only making things worse. The best his performance ever gets is him showing up with pebbles, which are shot from his mouth like bullets. And even so, he normally ends up shooting his mentor in the face. As a result of this behavior, he has been cast away, labeled as useless. But no matter what, he still thinks that he'll impress the others someday. He knows they only put up with him for entertainment, but he doesn't really care. He just keeps on trying, even if his attempts are pathetic. Because he's wacky, blind, forgetful, and above all, Defective.

Accept: That's so sad :,(

Actually, I was trying to make him sound stubborn to the point of annoyance, but that works. :3

Edit:

New comment on Zyroc's description.

(Male Hellfire Adult)

Zyroc is far from the typical Hellfire. Most of the time, he's pessimistic, dark, and narcissistic to the point of creepiness. But when he's not telling horror stories to hatchlings or going on about doomsday scenarios, he's a nice guy. Why would he be nice, despite his personality? He's bipolar. One minute he's tearing your face off and eating it with a side of ketchup, the next he's giving you a hug and going on about how wonderful the world is. His unpredictable personality and tendency to fight has given him a large scar over his right eye, but he can still see out of it, meaning he has no problem watching as you burn and die. His other interests include eating humans and scaring the living crap out of random dragons.

Accept: deep

How? *curious*

Edit 2:

Fixed Defective Turret's description.

Edited by Drako_tamer