Dr. Paine

Description comments

Primus, Secundus, Tertius, Quartus, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius, Nonus, Decimus, Undecimus, Duodecimus, Tridecimus, Quattuordecimus, Quindecimus, Sedecimus, Septendecimus, Duodeviginti.Q.Decennoctus.Q., Undevigitius.Q.Decennovs.Q., Vigintius, Unvigintius, Duovigintius, Trevigintius, Quattuorvigintius.

These are the names of this dragon's twenty-four young red charges, though he himself is not considered worthy of a name.  He is simply "that red who watches the boys."  Not resigned to his fate so much as never knowing any other way of life, this dragon spends all his days ensuring the boys get in no trouble.  He has never had enough time or energy for himself to develop a personality.

* Accept:

* Abstain: The starting list is pretty overwhelming, and doesn't really add anything. Merely saying something like "he looks after the horde of red hatchies (or X number of hatchies)"

* Accept:

* Accept:

* Reject:

Aha! You have stumbled upon my secret, anonymous sir. This description is not, in fact, a true description. It is a secret list of terrible names! I would never remember them all, not knowing Latin, so I wrote them all down in a pseudo-description! You have caught me.

On the other hand, I still like it as a description enough to leave it as it is. Sorry. xd.png

Pex never had much in the way of brains, but he does have a pair of fierce looking pectorals that would make a lot of gorillas incredibly jealous.

He also like really likes cookies.

Accept: Oh--now THIS is a funny description! Ha ha...I love it!

This is Meany.

He might be the triplet brother of Miny and Moe, or maybe he isn't. Maybe he's just a really terrible dragon that likes to light innocent pillow dragons on fire, force stone hatchlings to try and swim despite their weight, and steal lunchboxes.

...Nah, he's probably just the brother of the fictional characters Miny and Moe.

Accept: Oh, man! These descriptions are great! ...If only I could see all of them on your scroll--I;m sure that they are just as funny! smile.gif

This dragon is the result of a test run of the very first draconic birth control: water walkers.

See, his mother was presented with a Water Walker mate as a breeding deterrent.

That was the day they found she was blind; shortly after this dragon was born.

When he hatched a cute little baby pebble with a blind mother and a negligent father who liked to hop all over lilly-pads all day long, another male pebble took pity on him and his mother and decided to care for them both.

* Accept: Really, you are amazing at descriptions! ~Power_Of_Tri_Wisdom~

* Accept:

This dragon is "winning".

What winning is, as defined by her standards is a bit sketchy at best, but here's basically what has been gathered: Winning is anything and everything she does.

Her favorite phrase is, "MMMMM, tastes like winning".

Accept: Oh...you make me laugh! I love it! I hope to see all of your dragons again someday...~Power_Of_Tri_Wisdom~

John Smith is a pebble that is obsessed with her own security and anonymity.

Little does she know that her attempts at being discreet by calling herself the most common name imaginable have been foiled by her being a female named "John".

* Accept: Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! ~Power_Of_Tri_Wisdom~

This dragon's sense of humor is highly reminiscent of that of a young, immature human.

He seems to think that grossing out other dragons by slurping his own mucus is great fun.

He especially likes doing it in front of the sweetlings; particularly while they're eating (which is pretty much all the time).

* Accept: Ah, man! Again, your humor makes me laugh! Keep writing great descriptions like that! ~Power_Of_Tri_Wisdom~

THAT is a VERY determined person.

Person, I admire your tenacity.

Also, you're awesome.

xd.png

Edit:

Moar:

Red Apple was so named because he was found by a pair of Terraes.

At first they believed he was an apple, and took him back to their horde's food stock.

Of course, then he hatched, and it all became dreadfully clear what he was.

He was a worm! He ate their apple from the inside out.

The poor Terraes were devastated, but Red Apple just went on his merry way.

* Accept: Genius! Very nice! --Also, i absolutely LOVE the description for Rum, your dragon! It perfectly fits POTC! ~Power_Of_Tri_Wisdom~

When she was first found Genocidal was mistaken for a bright pink egg and given to a pair of flamingo wyverns with quite a penchant for violence to raise. When she hatched, it became very clear that not only was she not a flamingo dragon, but she also had the disposition of a mentally retarded kitten (or so they thought). This greatly upset her "parents" who named her Genocidal with hopes that she would feel the need to fight with and kill large numbers of dragons to live up to their expectations and her name. She disappointed them, unfortunately, and was eventually disowned. She now lives with her good friend and fellow Rosebud, Hot Pink Mohawk, who also has a terrible name.

* Accept: Heh heh...Mentally retarded kitten...Wow, where do you come up with this stuff?! It is wonderful! ~Power_Of_Tri_Wisdom~

It originally was "penguin" but then I thought penguin would be a bit too specific for the medieval time fauna setting.

I just wrote about 10 more descriptions than I had originally meant to.

@_@

Edited by Pink

Ereg Rauko, the Holly Demon. That is what they called him after he tried to ruin Christmas. The stag-like dragon hated the holiday he was born in, and does his best to show it. Year after year, he creates a small army of the fiercest dragons he can find, and uses said army to attack the spirits of Christmas when they make young dragon's wishes come true. He rolls in ashes to disguise those festive candy stripes, and tears through his wings with his beak. If it was up to this dragon, holiday cheer would be nothing but a myth.

* Accept:

* Reject: I applaud you for trying something different, but the guidelines say descriptions shouldn't contradict the breed descriptions.

* Accept:

* Accept:

* Accept: cool

Hmm...

Christmas dragons are a very mysterious breed. They are only seen during winter, and even then it is hard to catch a glimpse of one. They are responsible for the general cheer that spreads during the holidays. In essence, they are the 'Spirits of Christmas.'

Doesn't say anything about the spirits being good, does it? Okay, so it says they spread general cheer, but even those who dislike Christmas should be cheerful sometimes, right?

I guess you can't be everyone's cup of tea.

And thank you, person who thought it was cool. biggrin.gif

Doesn't say anything about the spirits being good, does it? Okay, so it says they spread general cheer, but even those who dislike Christmas should be cheerful sometimes, right?

I was inclined to think it meant "spirits of Christmas" as in Christmas personified. wink.gif

Got a new comment on my gray, Swallowed Shifting Smoke, from my "Swallowed" set of dragons. I always put the backstory first (more or less condensed for each description)...

A darkness descended upon the land one Halloween. No dragon had ever seen anything like it: a pitch-black mass that swept across the ground and sky. Some were curious, at first -- until the ones first swallowed screamed and fell. Dragons ran for cover left and right. The vampires found themselves unaffected, and they took it upon themselves to brave the darkness. Many dragons crumbled to dust, but the vampires managed to save most of the Swallowed.

Swallowed Shifting Smoke had been soaring through the clouds when the Darkness overtook him. He raced high and low, trying to escape, but the Darkness was disorienting and seemingly endless. Even the lightning he conjured couldn't light the way. The Darkness quickly weakened him; by the time a vampire found him, he'd crashed to the ground, and sustained serious injuries.

These days, Smoke keeps himself constantly shrouded in fog, hiding himself from further danger and his scars from other dragons.

* Accept: Not sure of the correlation between the storyline and this particular dragon.

* Accept: Nice backstory there.

I'm glad the first person accepted it, but I'm not sure how the background doesn't have to do with this particular dragon...? :\ Maybe I didn't make it clear enough.

For Swallowed Secret Seal:

Some say that Swallowed Secret Seal could have survived through sheer stubbornness alone. As the Darkness fell around him, his first priority was keeping himself safe -- so he would be strong enough to help others. Although known for being ornery and practical, he is also brave and has great stamina. He actually helped locate other Swallowed dragons until he became weak enough for the vampires to push him to safety, despite his protests.

The Lord of the Wings berated him for his recklessness -- out of concern for her friend and second in command. Thanks to her protective care and his stamina, Seal is as strong and stubborn as ever.

* Accept: Hello again. Saw another one of your dragon's descriptions. This one's better than I could ever do. Nice job.

* Accept: I love your descriptions! Wonderfully written! :)

For Swallowed Storming Wrath:

When the vampires found Swallowed Storming Wrath, they actually thought he was dead at first -- and for a few moments, he might have been. One of the vampires found a faint heartbeat and several worked together to pull him to safety.

Storming Wrath was hanging on to life by a thread for quite a while, but he pulled through, although he's much more fragile now. Some say even his soul was marked by the experience; ever since that day, he has haunted by visions and dreams of "a world beyond."

* Accept: OH...oh wow...I LIKE IT XD *best one yet!*

*squees* :D

I was inclined to think it meant "spirits of Christmas" as in Christmas personified. wink.gif

Yea, that's sort of what I meant, too. The dragon is the spirit of Christmas personified, and still doesn't necessarily have to be good.

Yea, that's sort of what I meant, too. The dragon is the spirit of Christmas personified, and still doesn't necessarily have to be good.

I meant more like they spread Christmas cheer, as Christmas in its current incarnation is a festival of giving and forgiving, rather than being actual spirits. My interpretation could be wrong though, there have been many times where I thought someone was being figurative when they were being literal. mellow.gif

-

Heheh! Got one on "I've Just Been Rickroll'd"!

This enigmatic Deep Sea dragon lives in the darkness between continental shelves, ever avoiding the gaze of others. For the most part he exists alone, but occasionally he rises to the top of the ocean, swimming just beneath its surface. He is met by an equally mysterious Skywing dragon and the pair sing of their long standing commitment to each other. After mating they seperate, not seeing each other again until the next time.

He never meets any of his offspring, but he is curious about their initial well-being, and sound travels far under water. For the first few months after mating, he listens closely for the tell-tale splash of an egg hitting water. Travelling towards the sound's origin, he usually catches sight of the egg just in time to see its discovery and hear the distinct mental shout.

"What! We've just been eggroll'd!"

Accept: Name gets +1.

Accept:

Accept:

Thanks for that, it made me smile. smile.gif

(Edited for typo)

Edited by vegetariancannibal

The adventure, fact, and space cores are from a game called Portal 2. You won't really understand the descriptions, unless you have played the game.

I named three of my dragons after the personality cores, and hehe, everyone thinks I just made the descriptions myself. Well, in the description I have quotes from what the core is saying in-game. ALL rejects! It's just for fun, and everyone takes these decriptions too seriously! I'll show you guys some comments.

This one made me lol.

Reject: Are you quoting song lyrics? Please be aware of what you're saying. Also... your dragons are female and females (nor vampires) don't often talk like that.

Dude, YOU REALLY NEED TO BRUSH UP ON THE INTERNET.

Reject: They didn't have "Error file not found"s back then. Dude you really need to read the description guidelines.

This was for the adventure core... NO ONE knows what portal 2 is!

Reject: Try to avoid first person, watch your grammar, and be aware of the times. Did half of those martial arts exist during the medieval age?

I'm possibly the biggest Portal nerd on DC, and I'd still reject these, mate... breaks the rules. If you want a good example of using characters in descriptions... well, I've got the four original cores, GLaDOS, turrets, Chell, a couple Cubes, and other Portal-related dragons with approved descriptions.

Most of mine have been approved, so I have none to share xd.png But I'm working on some...

Edited by Dr. Paine

No, it doesn't say anything about them having to be good. tongue.gif My Yulebuck, Haggis the Fearsome, is not exactly a holly jolly fellow, and his description was approved with a rather nice note of appreciation from the mod.

I've actually built up quite the comment backlog, but let's just start with this one:

Deep in the heart of the Eternal Forest, there once lay a glen where it was forever summer, kept so by the magic of the terrae Sibenko.  For centuries he lived alone, his solitude broken only by the occasional very adventurous - or very lost - traveler.  Then, one fateful day, the aptly-named Sorrow stumbled across his glade.  Though no stranger to sad stories, Sibenko found himself oddly touched by the white dragon's tale, and found once she left that he could no longer bear to remain isolated with such injustice in the world.  The magic that once kept the glen green is now dedicated to protecting those who seek refuge in the forest, and ill-intentioned intruders will find themselves repulsed by swarms of insects, entangling vines, or trees that seem to move on their own.  Sibenko, though gentle and nonviolent by nature, is very good at intimidation, and enemies that get through his wards will usually back down at the sight of him.

* Abstain: wards? Is that the word you're looking for, Mathcat? I like it otherwise.

* Accept:

Well, "ward" is a perfectly legitimate fantasy term (it's a type of protective spell, essentially), but I do think I see what this person means. "Magical defenses" would probably work better.

As her name suggests, Nauseous (otherwise known as Puko) has an exceptionally poor constitution. She becomes sick at the slightest provocation: she even became faint and sickened when she first saw her own reflection.

She also carries something of a stench with her. It smell vaguely like... tomatoes.

It's a very peculiar scent for a dragon, especially one of her kind.

* Accept: I like it. Also, congrats on being able to get and ND! tongue.gif My attempt will probably fail

D'aww. Thank you anonymous person. Good luck to you! I hope your nd experiment works.

I have about a dozen or more other dragons pending, but very few comments.

Maybe it's because I usually do my describing at 12-1am.

Kinda late for most people.

tongue.gif

Got a weird one on Logan of the Legion, he's one of the ones still pending...

He is the hollow one, the weak-willed, the soulless one. Much like the Legion's Voice, Logan only has wisps of a personality, usually finding himself adopting the personality of whichever dragon he is nearest to. He is often the target of those practicing their ability to influence others, torn between several minds at once, causing him to fall into a near comatose state from the overload.

When he does exhibit some thoughts of his own, they are of the basest instincts. He seems to take some rudimentary pride in his unusually long, strong and sharp claws, and will often be found sinking them into some helpless dragon or animal, even trees when there is nothing else around. Some of the Legion argue that the constant abuse of his weak will caused this, while others insist this weakness is a blessing for others, that he should be controlled for the safety of himself and others.

* Accept:

* Reject: I have determined that every description on this site is cliche. Moreover that they contain only the sad sincere wishes of the writers desire to be considered cool and attractive by their peers.

* Accept:

* Accept:

* Accept:

... that's nice, then.

* Accept:

* Reject: I have determined that every description on this site is cliche. Moreover that they contain only the sad sincere wishes of the writers desire to be considered cool and attractive by their peers.

* Accept:

* Accept:

* Accept:

... that's nice, then.

Yes, definitely a nice little... eh... comment?

Well, It's almost a speech really. One like: "I have decided that everyone here has a mask, and that you'll all posers, trying to rip apart my poor little emo heart with your cruel lies. Also, my poetry is awesome."

Cliche indeed.

At least the comment isn't cliche?

tongue.gif

* Accept:

* Accept:

* Accept:

* Accept:

... that's nice, then.

That comment really bothered me <.< Pretty sure no one who posts on this little forum is like that...not at all haha. I know yours are awesome Paine. The person who posted that is a real bucket of sunshine...generalizing something like that...

Mine all further a general storyline I somehow created without realizing it. But once I really realize I had, I started actually focusing on making descriptions that fit the profile. Granted, a lot of them are tributes to other stories I've read, but many are just purely my own work. tongue.gif

On to a couple newer comments tongue.gif

Khayto is smart. He doesn't like being screwed with. And he is a very honor-obsessed creature.

Which is why when the lying lizard Til was taken from the battlefield, he loudly complained. He'd sworn he'd seen Til fighting his clan. She was the enemy. Why no one else could see this made no sense to him.

He taunted her and pressed her until he finally got what he wanted. She admitted to him that she was a member of Creorluna.

He hadn't expected her to actually confess. Despite his hatred toward Creorluna for killing his mother, he did not reveal her origins. And then he started falling for her. The enemy.

One night, they thought shared. What she found in his head made her instantly curl up into a ball with guilt.

For she saw Khayto's mother and confessed to him that night that she was the one. She had killed Khayto's mother.

It was like ripping off a scab. Khayto near fell to pieces upon learning the love of his life had ended his mother. But he cannot leave her...he loves her too much.

* Accept: great story

* Accept:

Haha thanks. But this particular one I take no credit for. This is one of those little tributes to a little story I've grown obsessed with...

Although Tilmea was born and raised inside Creorluna, she didn't see the harsher aspects. Sure her mother taught her to be strong and proud, but at the end of the day, Til was possibly the only Creorlunite to know love and emotion.

In battle, few were fiercer than Til. Yet unlike her clanmates, she had the capacity for mercy.

This was what saved her life.

She had been fighting in a massive battle. Midway through, she noticed that one of the generals was attacking a hatchling. She rescued it. The battle took a turn for the worst and she was badly injured.

Instead of killing her, the opposing clan took her in and healed her.  Since she had saved one of their offspring, they thought she was one of theirs.

Till is trapped on the inside and with no hope of ever returning home. But the questions rapidly becoming: does she really want to. For all the horrible things she heard about Elders, shes been well treated. Shes beginning to wonder if she was on the right side to begin with.

* Accept:

* Accept:

* Accept:

* Accept: Very interesting! Good job. smile.gif

Till's...still based on that same story. Had to do a little tribute to this coupling in the story...in the real version, Khayto's equivalent dies in front of Till's. Here I can pretend they are still together and happy at that.

I edited two of mine a (LONG) while ago to add mates.

Epizonton is a rough translation of the Greek word for survivor. Along with Thauma, another dragon on this scroll whose name is a rough translation of the Greek word for miracle, Epizonton hatched in the last few hours of life as an egg, a true miracle survivor. He is strong and fast, and loves showing off, but is still docile and very friendly towards any dragon. He is kind and trustworthy, and has been able to befriend any dragon. He has befriended, and fallen for, Emeralight, a dragon who is now his mate. He is the only dragon that she talks to, and she has even shared her secrets with him. He loves her very dearly.

which has this reaction:

* Accept:   

* Accept:   

* Accept:   

* Reject:   

* Accept:   

* Accept:   

* Accept:

and

Emeralight's name came from emerald and light, because her green eyes glow brightly at night. She is a very proud dragon, being the first on this scroll to mature, and expects a lot of respect from other dragons. She will fight all who oppose her superiority. But she is mostly quiet and tends to keep to herself, having been abandoned as a hatchling, and not having known love. She has only told this to Epizonton, her mate whom she loves with all her heart. She loves flying in the moonlight and does so every night.

with this reaction:

* Accept:   

* Accept:   

* Reject:   

* Accept:   

* Accept:   

* Accept:   

* Accept:   

* Accept:

...thank you, whoever rejected, for all that great constructive criticism. I know my descriptions aren't the best, but... dry.gif

And Dr.Paine, that person is terrible! ohmy.gif I for one think you description is beautifully written!

I edited two of mine a (LONG) while ago to add mates.

which has this reaction:

and

with this reaction:

...thank you, whoever rejected, for all that great constructive criticism. I know my descriptions aren't the best, but... dry.gif

And Dr.Paine, that person is terrible! ohmy.gif I for one think you description is beautifully written!

I will admit to the occasional blank reject myself... sometimes, there's just nothing to really say. Or it can't be said nicely x3 But I always try to say something, blank rejects are the worst.

I almost want to make a dragon/description based on that one comment, though xd.png

Reach for the heavens, Hope for the future, and all that you can be, not what you are...

-

Xingyun Neverend, the Shadowgaurd clan philosopher, was found as an egg under an apple tree in a nearby orchand. He was chanced apon by Ventarum, who, dazzled by the egg's shininess, brough it back to main camp, where he was raised by Thanata Graveborn and Galdur Futureye, who taught him to love wisdom and the pursuit of knowledge.

He is good friends with Ventarum, but is often annoyed by the older dragons absent mindedness. He also, to the other dragons headaches, enjoys debating about things that are thought to be common knowledge, to which he often refers to someone named "Sock Ratties", although why a seemingly smart young dragon would referance rodents that infest footware is beyond all the others.

•Abstain: Sock Ratties? As in from Wendy's LOL-Spot? Awesome.

No, Sock ratties= Socrates... xd.png

I HATE blank rejects

He bears no name, for he feels giving him a name would be far too good for him. Considering the luck of his siblings, it's no surprise that this young stud, too, is cursed...must run in the family.

His curse is his split personality. When he was little, he had the misfortune of meeting one of Izdati's sons. Now, what few know about Izdati is that he himself bears a horrible curse, the one that made him go insane and kill the hen he loved. Every time Izdati kills, the soul of whatever he killed enters his body and torments him.

His children bear similar versions of the same curse.

This particular son of Izdati attacked him. Yet he had not the skill of his father and so he lost. But as he died, his soul entered this stud's body and it often takes over, causing as much mayhem as possible.

In such a state, this dragon killed his mate and has since been wandering in guilt and despair for his crimes. He abandoned his name, feeling he did not deserve one anymore.

* Accept:

* Accept: the terms sound familiar.....there was once a book i read called "Dragon's Blood", could this be a reference to that?

First person to make this connection. Yes, I use Dragon's Blood terminology in my cave, right down to fewmets. Granted the dragons are nothing like those of Austar. But I have been using the terminology for quite some time. And of course, I have some dragons named after Pit Dragon characters. I started on this site shortly after reading the trio of books Dragon's Blood, Heart's Blood RIP and A Sending of Dragons.

Figured I'd edit instead of do another post. Out of pure curiosity, I decided to try and take all the descriptions I have and see how much I've written. Holy. Crap. 68 pages and around 46,000 words worth of little 100+- descriptions...

Edited by Pinkie

Ineora's magical abilities are the stuff of nightmares; her specialty is the art of mixing reality with illusion until the two become indistinguishable.  Some victims find themselves trapped in an ever-shifting labyrinth, others will find themselves lost and wandering through places they've known for years, while still others are driven mad as dreams blend with reality until the two become indistinguishable.  Few dragons under Ineora's spell ever escape without outside aid, unless she loses interest or chooses to release them, so it's fortunate for the world that she prefers to use her magic on no more than one or two dragons at a time.  Many dragons have attempted to fight Ineora, but only those with similar powers or the ability to walk through dreams would even stand a chance of defeating her.

* Accept: Plagiarism! Nah, I'm just kidding. It's totally, 100% original. And it's good. Smileyface biggrin.gif

* Accept:

Hi, Azure. I know that comment was you.

Except it wasn't, apparently. I wonder who it was? Well, thanks for the laugh, whoever-you-were.

Edited by Mathcat

My red dino's got this little description:

With a small brain and a very short term memory, this dino has unwittingly adopted the last two words of a harsh insult as its name. His stupidity is often mocked by the young dragon population, and the most common insult passed around ends with "...bubhosh skai." Thinking the hatchies were simply calling to him, the dino decided that this must be his name. Due to his short memory, however, he can only remember the last two words, and now responds to any insult or curse that ends in them.

* Abstain: What does Bubhosh skai mean?

* Accept:

To answer your question, anonymous person, I have no idea. If you happen to be familiar with Lord of the Rings, there's a place where a Mordor-ork curses the Orcs of Saruman like so:

"Ugluk u bagronk sha pushdug Saruman-glob bubhosh skai."

I have a little book with translations of phrases in it. It says this one is untranslatable. I assume this means it's a pretty bad thing, and I also assumed other curses/insults may well end in those same two words, hence the poor dino's name.

biggrin.gif

My Hellfire, Zyroc. His description just got a reject I'll never understand.

Zyroc is far from the typical Hellfire. Most of the time, he's pessimistic, dark, and narcissistic to the point of creepiness. But when he's not telling horror stories to hatchlings or going on about doomsday scenarios, he's a nice guy. Why would he be nice, despite his personality? He's bipolar. One minute he's tearing your face off and eating it with a side of ketchup, the next he's giving you a hug and going on about how wonderful the world is. His unpredictable personality and tendency to fight has given him a large scar over his right eye, but he can still see out of it, meaning he has no problem watching as you burn and die. His other interests include eating humans and scaring the living crap out of random dragons.

Reject: Too mean.

He's a Hellfire, what do you expect? And he's not mean all the time...

Edited by Drako_tamer

Odd. O.o *goes to read Hellfire general description*

---

Finally got one! *cherishes*

Khafco Duhsajjkas Wavkot Thuwed is the very model of a gentleman's ideal. He's extremely fastidious, unerringly polite and knows just the thing to say in any given situation. Khafco is moreover exceedingly intelligent on a variety of different subjects and enjoys debating with other quick witted individuals on the benefits of a democratic society versus a monarchy, possible existence of spiritual or paranormal phenomenon, and the merits of devoting oneself to religion. He rigorously tends to a garden, experimenting with recipes. His flying skills are superb and musical ability even more so. The artistic compositions he has created to enliven the atmosphere of the cave are stunningly gorgeous and thought provoking. There's nothing he's not at least proficient at. What then, has so driven this dragon to excel one may ask. Well, friends speculate that his success is in large part due to his name. For you see, upon the utterance of it, someone will invariably bless him or say Gesundheit.

User comments:

• Accept
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept: Very good use of large words(which I, , like alot.png)! Thumbs up!

I must admit, the execution was a bit dry. Good for wine, but iffy when trying to decipher what I was meaning so apologies on that. As for the Anonymous reply, I must say thanks very much! xd.png I do have a love of words, and that spills over to most all of what I do. Bit longwinded however, so m'pleasantly surprised to see you enjoyed it.

Alright, seems like I got a fellow Portal fan reviewing some of mine xd.png

I'm Different (Frozen female Geode)

Named after her favorite legend, Prometheus seems to be the odd dragon out of the Turret hatchlings. She refused to harm test subjects, instead spending her time with Aperture Records, or sneaking into the library, slowly teaching herself to read, until there was nothing in the canyon left to read.

She never returned to her parents or sisters, instead wandering the caves until she was too weak to even move. It was Chell who finally rescued her from the dark, responding to that timid, hopeless voice proclaiming 'I'm different.'

Accept: Prometheus was punished buy the Gods for giving the gift of knowledge to man. He was cast into the bowels of the Earth, and pecked by birds. (Indeed. Now, if only we had a potato dragon...)

========================================

Wheatley (Adult male Winter Seasonal.)

Truly, Wheatley is the king of idiots. After GLaDOS' defeat, Wheatley was put in charge of keeping backup test subjects in their suspended sleep (while not as magically inclined as the Portals, Wheatley was at least able to maintain the spell), but after countless centuries, he even managed to screw that up. Every dragon in stasis died... save for one strangely silent female Magi.

After waking her up and offering to help her escape, Wheatley and the Magi made their way through the extensive network of caves below the Aperture Canyons, inadvertently stumbling upon GLaDOS after a time. After a small struggle, Wheatley gained dominance of the canyons, and with access to the immense wealth of magical knowledge GLaDOS kept to herself... he almost destroyed the Aperture canyons by forgetting to maintain the spell that kept the magma underground from erupting. However, thanks to GLaDOS and the Magi's intervention, this was averted.

Accept: Interesting smile.gif

=======================

The Space Sphere. (Frozen female alt Nebula)

The patterns on little Space Sphere's wings change almost every month, the reason why... well, in her own words, it's because there's 'so much space, need to see it all!'

No one has any idea where this little Nebula hatchling came from (the one time she was asked about her parents, she insisted her father was space), nor why she temporarily latched on to GLaDOS, just that she now lives along the canyon rim, staring up at the sky and constantly muttering to herself about wanting to go see all of space. Some of the canyon residents wonder if they shouldn't try to send her off to one of the crazy chicken colonies that insist that they, too, came from space...

Accept: Space space, wanna go to space. B-black holes, asteroids, nebulae, The Big Dipper. THE BIG DIPPAH! Nice description there. (Thanks smile.gif)

====================

Rick the Adventure Sphere (Frozen Male Neotropical)

When not trying to pin down the exact date of his favorite holiday, Explosion Day (he compensates by celebrating it at least once a week), Rick can often be found deep underneath the Aperture Canyons, around the magma beds where EmergencyIntelligenceIncinerator makes her home. As with the other Sphere hatchlings, no one knows just where Rick came from, but at least his behavior explains why he was frozen- within two days of his arrival, he had destroyed most of GLaDOS' valuables, and frightened the Core hatchlings so badly, they seem to have vanished from the canyon entirely. GLaDOS wasn't even trying to punish him, when she banished him to the magma fields, she was just hoping they would be dangerous enough to keep his interest.

Since then, Rick spends his time teasing the resident Magma dragons, creating exploding lemons with the help of the Stone, Cave, and trying to charm passing female dragons- so far, the only one has been Chell, and he was met with nothing but silence.

Accept: *chuckles and leaves a brownie* Thanks for the giggle. (... Lagie? o.o -noms brownie- Glad to give you a laugh!)

==============================

The Fact Sphere (Frozen ungendered Flamingo)

Fact: The Fact Sphere is the most intelligent of the Sphere hatchlings.

Much like Cake and Curiosity Core, Fact Sphere never stops talking. However, it insists on spouting nothing but useless trivia- usually completely wrong, or at least, deeply flawed. No one is sure just where the Flamingo hatchling came from, or where it picked up its vast stores of... knowledge; however, it now spends its time roaming the Aperture Canyons, often tagging along after Wheatley, the only dragon who will believe what it says. Which explains quite a bit.

* Accept: Did you know that Nikola Tesla was the first to invent the push-up? He called it the 'Tesla-size'. (Indeed, I did smile.gif ... I tried fitting in the comment about Halley's comet, by the way, but I couldn't make it work xd.png)

I have to admit, with character-based descriptions, these are the kinds of comments that really make me happy xd.png

So 'I'm different', 'Space sphere' and 'Fact sphere were yours, Paine? Those comments were mine. lD

So 'I'm different', 'Space sphere' and 'Fact sphere were yours, Paine? Those comments were mine. lD

Awesome xd.png And yes, they're mine ^^ I needed to update my little Portal horde...