Dr. Paine

Description comments

I seem to get commentless accepts often. I still appreciate it but it's nice to get comments on why people like things.

Although it is not unusual that Letisha is a loner, as fitting her breed, she occasionally exhibits selfish behaviour beyond her instincts. She wields mind-affecting magic that is capable of bringing unsuspecting or less magically-practiced dragons to their knees, and often has bouts of poor judgement - or perhaps psychosis - in which she abuses this magic. One victim of such a bout is her mate Fakharu.

Accept: Add interesting depth to the dragon's character without being too long - love it : D

Accept: One of the few people who actually use the word affect right. Also, it is spelt behavior. Other than that well done!

... However, it's also nice when people keep quiet and don't assume everyone's American. >.>; Sorry if that seems rude, but I get annoyed when people think the American spelling is the only one that's correct. I've seen this one crop up a lot and was wondering when it was going to happen to me.

Edited by Hedj

Accept:

Accept: Ha ha. What a character! Spell check: "suspiscion" is actually spelled "suspicion".

Accept:

Thanks. biggrin.gif (I think I may have loosely based him on a version of the Mad Hatter, but I can't be sure.)

I changed the spelling, just in case anyone was wondering.

Ah, I think that was my comment. I remember reading that description while reviewing descriptions a while back, and I often do that "Spell check:..." thing.

Deep within the clouds, she sleeps, awaiting the quiet whispers and thoughts of the humans below. Her ear twitches, as the sound floats up towards the heavens. With the sway of her tail, they are captured in a fantasy of her choosing. Is it a lovely dream or a nightmare realm in which they are trapped That all depends on the goodness, or evilness, of the original thought. So, be wary, my friend, when you stare up at the clouds. Keep a close watch on your thoughts, keeping in mind that she hears them all.

Abstain: Daydreams have no control over their dream-dropping. Beautiful word choice, try changing "a fantasy of her choosing" to just "a fantasy". Also, you're only in a trance, so no nightmares.

I know that the creator of the Daydream dragon said that they don't have control over the dream-dropping, but that's not in the actual description on the dragon's page. So, other opinions on this would be appreciated.

& why does being in a trance = no nightmares?

Edited by rainbowsmile

Abstain: Daydreams have no control over their dream-dropping. Beautiful word choice, try changing "a fantasy of her choosing" to just "a fantasy". Also, you're only in a trance, so no nightmares.

I know that the creator of the Daydream dragon said that they don't have control over the dream-dropping, but that's not in the actual description on the dragon's page. So, other opinions on this would be appreciated.

All of my Daydreams were described as having control over the dreams they give, but they were described shortly after they were released and before their creator made it clear that don't have this type of control, so I don't know whether they would be approved at this time.

Do remember that the descriptions do not support question marks and try to word your descriptions to avoid them.

I see no reason that "trances" can't include nightmares, though bad daydreams I refer to as "daymares" and I do get them at times.

Do remember that the descriptions do not support question marks and try to word your descriptions to avoid them.

OH! Okay, I didn't know that... I was wondering why I couldn't ever fix it.

& thanks for your response :]

Edited by rainbowsmile

... However, it's also nice when people keep quiet and don't assume everyone's American. >.>; Sorry if that seems rude, but I get annoyed when people think the American spelling is the only one that's correct. I've seen this one crop up a lot and was wondering when it was going to happen to me.

Whenever I come across a word that my browser flags as a spelling error, if it looks like it could just be a British spelling, I always look up the word for alternate spellings before I say anything. That's just me, though.

(and technically, American English is the alternate...)

Edited by rainbowsmile

I impatiently wait for my description to get commented on and I get this:

*Accept:

Person, Y U NO COMMENT. There goes my anxiety and all I get is a commentless accept.

Don't feel too bad. I've had a Alt Black hatchie waiting for a description for many many months now and while I've gotten lots of Accepts, the only comment I ever got was a grammar mistake, and that was just a couple of weeks ago.

I also got one Reject on it the other day. No comment or anything, just 'Reject'. =\

Whenever I come across a word that my browser flags as a spelling error, if it looks like it could just be a British spelling, I always look up the word for alternate spellings before I say anything. That's just me, though.

(and technically, American English is the alternate...)

I think I love you !

(I am CONSTANTLY getting comments saying I have spelled things wrong. I never did ! I have faults that are many and extreme - but crap spelling is not among them biggrin.gif)

I personally don't really mind commentless accepts. Although, commentless rejects are confusing. I just got one for the my swallowtail's description.

In a secluded section of a mountain range, a large number of humans have built a village.  Because of the treacherous terrain that surrounds their village, the humans who live there have specifically raised many Swallowtails as their main form of transportation.  As a result, the skies above the village is often filled with humans riding atop Swallowtails.  Among these Swallowtails is the agile Aerobat, who shares a strong bond with her rider.  Both Aerobat and her rider frequently go out of their way to add more aerial tricks then necessary whenever they go out flying.  However, no matter how much Aerobat loves her rider, she also enjoys the times when she is allowed to go off without him, since this gives her the chance to visit her wild dragon friends, specifically the Ridgewing twins, Pasque Corona and Yarrow Corona.

Is anything wrong with this? Care to explain why you chose to push the reject button?

I'd say nix the control. There's a lot of things that just never get to make it to the final description cut, be it for stylistic or time constraints (believe me, if I'd had access to the thread when it was removed, the Flamingo descriptions would be significantly different). If the creator says something, it's just as valid as if it were on the scroll page.

And being in a trance usually describes being in an out-of-mind state, or being controlled by another. Nightmares are restricted to, well, full sleep xd.png

Though her hide is as bright as the full moon upon still waters, Silvermoon lurks only in shadows. This is made possible by her strange, suppressing magic, that masks the normal aura of herself and renders her dull and bleak; her scales, no longer glistening, like the scratched and eroded rocks of a riverbed. Why she acts in such a manner is a bit of a mystery, though those closer to her say that she simply prefers to be left alone - a state that silver dragons have difficulty achieving at times, considering how they are shining beacons of beauty.

Accept: Wow. o.o You, my friend, write some epic descriptions. *applauds*

Accept: Love, and see no mistakes. :) VII

Accept: Pretty!

Accept: I do not think there is anything wrong with this. :)

<3

Stuff like that makes me want to write more descriptions.

Edited by RheaZen

I got a laugh from this abstain:

Brom has always been a bit of a hot-head. The Clementine dragons have learned how to stay on his good side, but if anyone is nearby when he gets worked up they instinctively run - just in case he explodes. Once he reaches a certain point, only his mate, Sadie, has even a hope of calming him down.

Behind Brom's arguably self-righteous behaviour is a very practical, if narrow, mind. His over-abundance of common sense and complete lack of imagination means that Brom sees himself as the only voice of reason in a sea of insanity. Thinking outside the box is a concept completely unknown to Brom, and he finds the creativity of other dragons at best confusing and at worst infuriating.

He just can't understand why some dragons seem to choose abstract leaps over established, logical thought. Regardless, Sadie seems to be able to explain other dragon's thought processes in a way that Brom, even if he doesn't fully understand, is able to live with.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Abstain: it's good but you shouldd describe the dragon, not some made up story about his personality.

-

Could somebody give me a third opinion on this one? I see what the bottom person was talking about, but I like that it hides that the first sentence doesn't fully make sense.

Her true name buried by years of jokes at her expense, Seven (as you may have guessed) is completely obsessed with a certain number between six and eight.

Seven has been obsessed with this number since she was a hatchling. She sees it in everything, from fairy tales to the definition of life itself. To her, it's clear that it must have some magical significance.

What she doesn't share, however, is the number's personal relevance. This was the number of dragons in the gang that taunted her parents then slew her father. It was the number of days that she and her mother had to hide before the gang moved on. It was the number of months it took for her mother's strength to finally fail. And it was the number of small oranges it took to satisfy her hunger when she first landed on Clementine.

Though she is teased for her obsession, Seven has found a job teaching young dragons their primary education. And a few wiser dragons have discovered evidence that there may be truth in her beliefs.

-

Accept:

Accept: Nicely written!

Accept: Very good, consider leaving out the " (as you may have guessed)" though.

This comment made my night:

Cordelia was once a fierce fighter, valued highly by Peter of the Deirwater tribe. However, one day her opponent proved too strong for her and she lost a limb. Reluctantly, she was forced to retire, and her job is now to raise Deirwater children. Although she isn't fond of young hatchlings, Cordelia takes pride in raising the next generation of fighters and takes her job extremely seriously.

Accept: Y SO SERIOUS? xd.png

Accept:

Accept:

Reject:

"Thank you for your good spelling and grammar."

I have a feeling that some of the people approving descriptions are getting tired of it... xd.png

Jefa-fa is so named for her slight speech impediment; She uses unneeded "F"s. The other dragons make fun of her, sometimes cruelly, but she has learned to laugh it off and make fun of herself. Life's too short to be serious, she says, and loves to make other people laugh. Her mate, DunHAM, is also named for a speech impediment, but the two are madly in love, and plan to name their first offspring "Dot Com".

I just fixed it, so the only comment right now is the one that made me laugh the hardest:

Accept: Dear god.

This person.. wow. ILY so much... xd.png

EDIT1:

Got another one, but this person obviously doesn't get the joke xd.png

Accept: Cute~ How does f + ham = .com? Sounds good nonetheless.

Edited by Ponessa

"Thank you for your good spelling and grammar."

I have a feeling that some of the people approving descriptions are getting tired of it... xd.png

Haha that's my general approval message. All my approvals get that (so they know I'm not randomly approving things) unless they really strike a chord in me to write extra. Not sure which one was yours but trust me it went through a rigorous grammar, spelling and logistics check before I stamped that on it. xd.png

Edit:

I just back read: I also wrote the dear god on the Jefa-fa. xd.png

Edited by paradoxangel

my mind must be wandering. I've been making a lot of comments about people's grammar and spelling and I keep spelling grammar as grammer. Luckily my browser has spellcheck enabled....

"Heavens!" That is what many proper adult dragons say when they encounter a hatchie prominently displaying and waggling its backside at them. According to Menel, who is a professional at losing dignity, it never gets old.

Accept: this is very cute, and made me lol :D

And that is exactly why I write descriptions. Thank you, mystery person!

Edited by Stealthypugs

To a female CB Pink, named Sailor Moon... The thought crossed my mind today to describe her and I just had to do this. wink.gif

This dragon is fighting evil by moonlight and winning love by daylight; Never running from a real fight, she is the one named Sailor Moon. Never turning her back on a friend, she is always there to defend and is the one on whom we depend. She is the once named Sailor Moon.

Her dragon powers are all so new to her, she is the one named Sailor Moon.

... Sailor Moon fights for love, and she fights for justice. And in the name of the moon, shall punish anyone evil enough to obstruct either of the two.

* Accept: "She is the once named Sailor Moon." Erm, "once" should probably be "one," and -1 point for not giving this description to a moonstone.

* Accept: This description is made of win. That is all.

* Reject: Once should be one: please correct and resubmit ASAP because I'm dying to accept it!

* Accept: Cool!

The line, "She is the once named Sailor Moon" is actually modified from the line that goes to list off the sailor scouts. Anime Lyrics website had it down as "once", but I'm checking around other sites to see what the general consensus is.

Also, she was named before the release of the moonstones and I think I like her more as a pink. tongue.gif

This...made my night. XD

Dinosaurs go Rawr is an evil enchantress. He does evil dances and if you look deep into his eyes he'll put you in trances. He was born when two rainbows connected in a poof of sparkly sparkles, and has made many a little girls dreams come true. However, then they realized he wasn't a unicorn, they left him all sad and alone. Since then, he has learned all kinds of black magic and can rawr really well.

Also, the above paragraph is false.

Accept: This is fantastical.

Was then rejected for other reasons, but those three simple words made me laugh so hard. XD

Edit ouo:

...And then I resubmitted it and got this. >w>

Dinosaurs go Rawr is an evil enchanter. He does evil dances and if you look deep into his eyes he'll put you in trances. He was born when two rainbows connected in a poof of sparkles, and he made many a little girls dreams come true. However, when they realized he wasn't a unicorn, they left him sad and alone. Since then he's learned all kinds of black magic and he's learned how to rawr quite well, earning him his name.

Accept: Are you a brony?

Just...yes. So much yes.

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

Accept: Thank you for your good spelling and grammar.

You're welcome! biggrin.gif

Accept: travelers to travellers

*sputters* Stop trying to make me British! tongue.gif (It's spelled with only one "l" in America.)