LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

((no but did you see that Purple's can now be male?!?! *looks for the new dragons!*))

K'leb smiled. "Maybe we should have a family night and you can meet my mother and father." he said kindly and then caught himself. He didn't want to evoke any sad memories for her or push her into anything. He grabbed a few meatrolls and then asked one of the drudges for a large bowl of firelizard meat and it was brought out promptly.

((I have three out of four. I just need the fell flame one.))

"They wouldn't mind, would they?" Soria asked with a hesitant smile to K'leb. She snagged two pieces of meat of meat with one hand while the other held Achronos and Amphitere. Joining her hands, she let the two pick their pieces and set them on the table. She grabbed a meatroll for herself. "I mean, i wouldn't want to impose."

Edited by Mijikoi

K'leb seemed to have an internal sigh of relief. "I think that they would love it as long as you don't mind...cause they won't." he said with a handsome smile. "Just beware...my mother talks like crazy and then my father is the exact same way, so you'll have to follow both conversations like you would with me, Hethath and Atisith." he said with a slight smirk as Hethath started talking while K'leb was talking. This is what was said.

Boy does his mother talk. When she was in the stands she wouldn't shut up about how proud she was of him and then his father was on the other side talking about how amazing it was that his son got the first bronze even though he impressed last. Then came the conversation of the three female green riders and the queens...just talk talk talk! Oh and she is the most blunt person! At least that is what I get from K'leb's memory...

K'leb laughed at what his dragon was saying. "Now would be a good time to get Atisith to shut him up."

Soria laughed with K'leb as she listened to Hethath. "If you think that's bad you should try listening to Ladies talk over their sewing and still talk to a maid about which colors to use for the whatever they needed. Because if I missed something the Ladies said then I'd never get caught up in what they were talking about. I learned all of the Hold gossip that way. Some things were useful, but I truely had to flee the room when they talked of... Well, other things.

Soria flushed as she finished speaking. She felt Atisith's laughter as she remembered the very adult conversations she'd leave the room for. She took a bit of her meatroll to cover her embarassment. When she finished chewing she looked to K'leb with a look of mock mourning. "And I think she'd rather join forces with him, as I feared."

K'leb laughed slightly at Soria's memories as Hethath forcefully shoved them into his mind. "Well, my mother shouldn't do anything like that...at least i hope not." he said and finished up his meat roll while handing Etanor his last bits of alloted food. "Are you almost done?" he asked while taking the last drops of his klah in one gulp making his Adam's Apple bob.

Soria hurriedly took a last drink of her klah before snagging another couple of meatrolls for later and popping a final bite of the one she had been chewing on. She nodded to K'leb as she picked up Achronos and Amphitere and placed them in their pouch. "Yes, I'm done and ready to help. And the ladies were bored unless they had their gossip sessions. Made me glad I could tend the whers. Tintesk was an odd one. Well, not so odd really, more like picky. He disliked most of the other handlers so I was one of the only two people to feed him."

K'leb raised an eyebrow as he stood up and motioned for a drudge to come and clean the dishes. "Sounds like Le-"

"Kaleb pick up your own dishes you useless dimglow." said the drudge that was supposed to come and pick up dishes after people were done eating. He was rather short and seemed to enjoy bullying K'leb around.

Etanor screeched a warning as his eyes whirled a bright and angry red. "I would, if I were still a drudge and if my name was still that." he said with a smirk at the drudges wide and surprised eyes which now took on a hint of fear.

"You mean that your a rider....you can speak! Please, don't cry insult..." he begged and picked up the dishes quickly.

K'leb smirked now that the drudge had found out. "And a bronze at that. Come along Soria." he said and took Soria by the elbow gently and led her across the kitchen and out into the wide open air. "That man has always been my antagonist." he said with a laugh as weyrfolk rushed some meat to all of the Weyrlings that had dragons outside. Soon two bowls of meat were placed in front of Soria and K'leb. Hethath came barreling unsteadily from his weyr at the smell of meat.

Soria watched the drudge and found herself wanting to dump the rest of her klah on the man's head and let him know what she thought of his attitude. Instead she bit her tongue and glared at the man and be led away by K'leb. She listened to K'leb as they walked and when they stopped she mummbled her thanks for the meat they recieved. She looked up when Atisith came following Hethath at a more sedate pace. You know you can't actually do anything about it, Soria, besides it's now in the past and they won't treat him like that again.

I know, but they shouldn't have been so mean to him in the first place. Soria was glaring at her hands, until she took a deep breath and put a smile on her face. "You were going to say something before that man spoke.

Edited by Mijikoi

K'leb grimaced at the mention of the man. "It sounded like you were quite similar to Lessa. with the whole wher thing. And thank you Atisith for reminding me that it is in the past." he said bowing to the rather large queen. Hethath took a few bites of meat then crooned to his new found friend and stood beside her. He was smaller, yes, but not as small as the other bronzes that were there. With a stretch, it could be thought that he was nearly as tall as Atisith but only if he stood on his toes. K'leb watched in awe as Hethath pushed the pieces of meat out of K'leb's hand and over to Atisith. They're a bit sandy he said his eyes whirling a kindhearted blue.

Soria watched happy that Atisith and Hethath got on so well. She gave a happy giggle when Atisith crooned back to Hethath and happily ate the meat. Yes, but thank you all the same.

"Ah, well. I was a handler back at the Keep. Actually, I was promoted to the Stable head just before I came here. But I didn't know Lady Lessa dealt with watch-whers." Soria kept an eye on the two dragons as they ate. She still amazed that she'd Impressed a gold, just as Heedana said she would. For a moment, she contemplated on if Heedana could see the future. The thought had her giggling again.

((Not a clue. Everything was really slow until Lovelost got back, so he might be waiting and hasn't checked back in yet. Maybe?))

K'leb smirked. "The two seem to enjoy each others' company, although she will have to learn to get along with the dragons of those she doesn't like. And yes, Lessa dealt with watch-whers although she wasn't supposed to." he laughed lightly and fed Hethath some more until the dragons stomach was bulging.

((I just PMed Odio and I am waiting for a response...I'll tell ya'll what he says smile.gif...anyone know where leodog and Ramoth are?))

((Not since yesterday. and about a week for leodoug))

Soria nodded in response. She offered up another piece of meat as she spoke to K'leb. "I don't think she'll have a problem with that, but I'll help her if she does come to trouble over it. Um, what would be bad about handling Watch-whers? They're very good creatures, loyal and friendly. Well, unless you're a foe."

((I'm gonna send him a message to see if all is alright there.))

"Oh nothing is wrong at all, in fact i personally promote it. It's just at Ruatha, she had told the wher of her heritage and it was kind to her as it would only be to one of true Ruathan descent like her father. It died protecting her." he smiled and watched as Hethath stood on his hind legs and licked the air while waiting for Etanor to appear. Etanor did, but something seemed odd about him. One of the queen lizards is about to rise... came the forboding tone of Hethath's voice

Soria looked on sadly at the thought of a whers death. "But it did die for what it was raised to do, nobly so, I believe. Poor thing. Wait, a queen lizards rising? To mate?"

Soria looked between Hethath and K'leb curiously. She wasn't certian what that meant for everyone. She knew the basics she'd been told but not much beyond that.

K'leb looked at his bronze firelizard. He longed to mate and had been deprived of the passions for 5 years. "It means that Etanor will fly for the queen and if he gets her, they will breed. You remember what I said earlier about how dragon flights are like firelizard flights? well...." he smiled weakly and sent Etanor off with saddened grin.

Hethath looked at Soria. He's gonna feel everything that Etanor goes through because of their connection and he doesn't really want to.

Soria flushed red and covered her hand over her mouth in and 'Oh, my!' gesture. Atisith simply remained a quiet presence in Soria's mind. Soria was definitely out of her depth with that news. She looked down to her belt pouch suddenly glad her little ones were so young. Then she looked back to K'leb. "I'm.. I mean, is there anything I can do to help?"

K'leb looked at her a sad expression filling his eyes. "Nothing." he knew what would happen because he remembered what Heedana had gone through. "Just take care of yourself when they grow older and make sure you can get away when the time comes." He watched as a little golden queen rose into the air with several bronzes following her; the one in the lead was Etanor.

((I just realised something. When do fire lizards go through their first rise?))

Soria chewed on her bottom lip and followed K'leb's gaze to the flying lizards. She had no clue what she would do when her little ones took to their first rise. She had no clue how it felt for K'leb and could only imagine. She looked back to K'leb. "I'm sorry I can't help.

((Menolly went through hers nearly 6-7 mths after she found Beauty))

K'leb placed a gentle hand on her shoulder and smiled as he felt his firelizards rising passions as he drew nearer and nearer to the queen. "Don't be sorry. It's natural for things to go this way." he withdrew his hand suddenly to keep himself in check. When he looked up, he could see and feel Etanor's increasing passion as the other bronzes fell away and it was only him and the queen.

Ezran jolted awake to Jerome's excited chittering and an impression about a green starting to rise to mate. She nearly started crying then ran out of the kitchen and to her weyr where Jubilath was ready to comfort her.

Soria handed Atisith a final piece of meat and watched K'leb. When Atisith was finished, she ran a hand along Atisith's eye ridge as she looked at him. It pained her that she couldn't help him but she understood what he meant. She studied his face while he watched Etanor, her green and amber eyes commiting the details to memory. She remained quiet as she watched him, simply glad she could be there for him even if she was no help at all. He'll be okay right, Atisith?

Of course he will, Soria.

Edited by Mijikoi

K'leb couldn't peel his eyes away now from the firelizards as Etanor caught the female with his neck and then wrapped his tail around hers. K'leb's hands clenched tightly to the point where blood started to drip from them as he attempted to control the emotions pouring into him. His heart raced and breath came short until the firelizards landed far off afer 5 minutes.

Soria opened her mouth to talk to K'leb, but closed her mouth realising she didn't actually have anything to say. She glanced over to where the lizards had been and then back to K'leb. She reached a hand out to place it on his arm and stopped short again, not certian the touch would be welcome. She turned her face to Hethath with her hand hovering just shy of touching K'leb. When she spoke she asked about K'leb with the bronze's name. "Hethath?"

Edited by Mijikoi

((I've been online periodically today and yesterday, and pretty much any day except possibly the weekend. And I was wondering about when the fire-lizards rose. I couldn't remember anything specific from the books. Anyway, do you mind if I make Cleo a little empathic? It would explain her way with animals, just being able to sense when they were in pain, even if they're a species that tends to mask, like sheep or rabbits typically will.))

Cleo had just reached her weyr with Neith and Isis when Ezran rushed past her to her weyr. She shook her head, as if a fly had landed on her, and realized that she was beginning to catch faintly familiar emotions. She shifted her head, eyes focusing on nothing as she tried to isolate and identify them. Isis trilled from a window looking out onto the Bowl, directing Cleo's attention outside. "Shards . . ." she muttered in dismay as the mating lust from not one, but two female fire-lizards registered in her mind.

Cleo sat down on her bed, back against the wall and knees folded against her chest. Neith propped her forelegs on her rider's bed, rubbing her head against Cleo's side. You were old enough to sense and understand Ramoth's last rising. And well within range, too. How did you cope then? she asked Cleo. Cleo slid down to the floor and hugged her dragon around the chest. "I didn't, really. I was working the herds with some of the others my age. Got very awkward after that. To the point that I was glad to be Searched out, even if it meant leaving the only home I'd ever had." Cleo took a deep breath, in and out, and closed her eyes to focus her thoughts. "It's not as bad with the fire-lizards as it was when Ramoth flew overhead." Her eyes flew open as another emotion came to her from the queen: irritation. "Wait . . . Will the queen . . . take well to another female rising at the same time?"

Neith shrugged her wings. Apparently she didn't mind, since they both rose, and the queen's been caught without bloodshed. Now lie down and go to sleep, dearheart. Isis and I will guard your dreams. Cleo shook her entire body and nodded. Then she dug her nightgown out of the trunk under the bed and changed into it, setting her old clothes into a basket that looked like it might be for laundry. The black haired young woman slid beneath the covers, tucking her stuffed animal under one arm and had just enough energy to mind-whisper a Good night . . . to her two royal friends. Isis quickly settled onto the pillow next to Cleo's head, while Neith looked on with loving purple eyes before climbing into her weyr to fall asleep herself.

Edited by Ramoth