Breast Cancer Hope Lineage

The NEW Pure New Pink Breast Cancer Hope Lineage!

Regardign the pinkishness of the Valentine breeds:

'09 or Original: Pink (i think you can call it Pink)

Sweetlings: Pink (if you don't have the Alts)

Rosebuds: Pink

Heartseeker: Red

Arsani: Pink

Radiant Angel: White, Gold, Red

Heartstealing: Red and i don't know how to describe

Mutamore: mmmh actually more Violet then Pink and there is also Red

I'm with you on that assessment, Tigerkralle. smile.gif

Heartstealing = red and kind of silverish

Mutamore = red and violet

So neither of those, the Heartseeker, nor the Radiant Angel would fit in as pink dragons.

Edited by purplehaze

Would you also consider Carmine Wyverns they have some pink on them, just a little tho

Would you also consider Carmine Wyverns they have some pink on them, just a little tho

No, they are mostly red. I think the dragons to be included in a second line need to be predominantly pink.

Honestly if we just go by descriptions then a lot of these other dragons would not qualify, i remember when i first started on dc and i saw a balloon egg i remember thinking what is that pink egg? or also picking up a balloon in the ac when i was looking for a pink(i was really new at that time somehow i had never seen a pink egg) i think having different shades of pink we should encourage not just just the babygirl shade of pink dragons.

without actually picking em apart only one breed of valentine dragon is not qualified in my opinion

I guess my point is how much do we want to pick the breeds and colors apart?

Edited by Zerhai

I will send a hope to you as soon as i breed one(just give me a min)------

ok bred two eggs, eggie one, eggie two

which ever one you want i'll send you two links take which ever you want, and if you don't want either thats fine too!

I got them both Zerhai. Thank you very much.

No, in order to be considered a Hope lineage dragon your dragon has to be descended from the original pair.

Ok thanks!

A second line will be created. I will establish a new starting pair -- a pair of Aria dragons that have proven that they will breed dependably. This pair will bear the names "Remembering Emily Hope" and "Remembering Candleray". I will gift eggs from this pair to others.

I'm in the minority here. I would rather not include any other dragons in this lineage. My reaction to this project is the opposite of Fiona BlueFire. I joined because it was so easy to keep track of what kind of dragons were acceptable.

That said, if we are going to create a new Remembrance lineage, I think only bright pink / Aria should be allowed. With the exception of any Halloween dragon that happens to show up pink, because October is actually Cancer Awareness month. I also like the idea of being able to create a lineage to remember someone who died or suffered from cancer. The names could be 'Remember <person's name>' with the dragon being the appropriate gender for that person.

I agree with Zerhai. The whole point of allowing the second lineage to be lax only to restrict so many pink dragon breeds seems a bit contradictive, if that makes sense. According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, Pink is : any of a group of colors bluish red to red in hue, of medium to high lightness, and of low to moderate saturation.

Basically, pink is a shade of red.

However, the Breast Cancer Awareness ribbon is most definitely a baby-pink color. If you want them strictly baby-pink then most of these breeds won't count. Even the Aria dragons aren't baby-pink, more like hot-pink. I guess it just depends on how "pink" you want them to be. Most of the Valentines (except Heartseeker and Radiant Angel) look pink enough to me to pass. I can understand if Springs/Sunrises/Thalassas aren't included since you can't always be certain they will produce a pink dragon. Personally, I would accept Carmines simply because the egg is predominantly pink, and the adult necks are pink, but that's just me.

Okay. Let's see what people think. I am willing to be swayed if there is enough agreement from others that a breed should be allowed.

Dragon's we seem to agree should be included:

Pink

Aria

Black Tea

Flamingo

Specklethroat

Valentine 09

Sweetling

Rosebud

Arsani

Other dragons that have been suggested:

Balloon

Almandine

Pyrope

Heartstealing

Mutamore (Zerhai I believe you said all but Heartseekers in an earlier post, but can you really consider Radiant Angels pink by any standard?)

Spring (to me they are predominantly green and have the seasonal availability problem, too, which means they don't always breed true.)

Thalassa (may not always breed true - see below)

Sunrise (may produce Sunsets if hatched at the wrong time.)

Blusangs? (No one mentioned these, but they are as much pink as some of the ones that were mentioned.)

Any others that I've missed?

Please let me know if you feel any of those suggested ones should be included. Also, please let me know if you have strong objections to any of them being included.

Thalassa (Xeno) breeding info from the wiki (bolding is mine).

Breeding patterns have been confirmed by Birdzgoboom, being based on biomes, and are as follows:

Situation 1: Xeno x Non-Xeno (regular biome):

Outcome 1: the Xeno breeds its same variation

Outcome 2: you get an egg from the Non-Xeno breed

Outcome 3: you get the Xeno corresponding to the Non-Xeno's biome

Situation 2: Xeno x Non-Xeno (Cave):

Outcome 1: the Xeno breeds its same variation

Outcome 2: you get an egg from the Non-Xeno breed

Outcome 3: you get a random egg from the other 5 Xeno variations

Situation 3: Xeno x Xeno:

Outcome 1: They have a chance to breed the Xeno variation from parent A

Outcome 2: They have a chance to breed the Xeno variation from parent B

Outcome 3: They have a smaller chance to breed one of the other 4 (or 5 if both parents are the same variation) Xeno variations.

Okay. Let's see what people think. I am willing to be swayed if there is enough agreement from others that a breed should be allowed.

Dragon's we seem to agree should be included:

Pink

Aria

Black Tea

Flamingo

Specklethroat

Valentine 09

Sweetling

Rosebud

Arsani

Balloon

Almandine

Pyrope

Heartstealing

Mutamore (Zerhai I believe you said all but Heartseekers in an earlier post, but can you really consider Radiant Angels pink by any standard?)

Spring (to me they are predominantly green and have the seasonal availability problem, too, which means they don't always breed true.)

Blusangs? (No one mentioned these, but they are as much pink as some of the ones that were mentioned.)

Please let me know if you feel any of those suggested ones should be included. Also, please let me know if you have strong objections to any of them being included.

Thalassa (Xeno) breeding info from the wiki (bolding is mine).

blusangs? I would consider them more blue.

Carmines were also mentioned. What about female Silvers? They're mostly white, I know, but Springs are mostly green and we included them in the suggestions list. Blusangs are a no-go for me. They look blue, black and white. I don't even see any pink. I think you should give Balloons and Almandines a chance. Pyropes nah. All Valentines except Heartseeker and Radiant Angel I approve of. Regarding Springs/Sunrises/Thalassas... I think if you are careful then they can be included. Even if you screw up it ought not to be punished. Mistakes happen. You can always set them aside or abandon the blooper and try again. laugh.gif Those are just my suggestions, I'm pleased as punch you even considered adding extra pinks to the project. For those who don't wish to breed anything other than Pinks, well, the second lineage project is certainly not a requirement. I do hope this doesn't put off people from the project. It'd be a shame to lose people over this.

My proposal, after some consideration, is this:

The original line remains untouched. It will be continued with only Pink dragons and all the original rules and restrictions.

A second line will be created. I will establish a new starting pair -- a pair of Aria dragons that have proven that they will breed dependably. This pair will bear the names "Remembering Emily Hope" and "Remembering Candleray". I will gift eggs from this pair to others.

But here is where it gets a bit messy. wink.gif The eggs will be gifted to people who want to start their own lineage. The rules will be pretty loose.

1. All dragons must be pink-colored dragons from an approved list of breeds.

2. You may build your lineage in any way that suits you -- stair, spiral, even gen, whatever, purebred Aria or not. Breast cancer affects us in very personal ways and means something different to everyone. This will allow each person to make a lineage that is meaningful to them. The only requirement is that it should be built from the original pair of Arias. I can see sharing of second gen dragons from willing breeders for those who want to build even gen lines without having to have all the CBs on their own scroll.

3. Naming restrictions would be eased. It would be nice to include the word Hope in dragon names, but naming them in some other way that is meaningful to you is acceptable.

4. I do believe that all dragons included in the lineage should be dedicated solely to the Hope lineage and not bred with other dragons for other purposes.

I like this. It seems like a nice compromise between all of the things suggested smile.gif

Balloon

Almandine

Pyrope

Heartstealing

I would describe both Balloons and Almandines as pink, and I do think they should be included. I don't think we should allow Springs, Thalassas or Sunrises, as they don't always breed true and we would run the risk of non-pink dragons entering the lineage further down the line. I don't think Pyropes and Bluesangs should be included either, as Pyropes aren't pink, and Bluesangs are more blue than pink to me.

I'm on the fence about Heartstealing and Mutamore - to me they look like a mix of pink and other colours and I'm not sure if they should be included.

On another note I would love to be added back to the breeders list, as I'm off my hiatus smile.gif

Edited by Saikachan

Remembrance lineage eggs are probably not quite in the same vein as Hope eggs, however, one of the rules of the thread is:

4. Once your Hope has grown you may keep its offspring, but it would be appreciated if you would help spread the lineage by gifting to others on the list. Please do not pass your Hope offspring to people who are not on the list without checking with one of the active thread monitors. Hope eggs should not be abandoned unless every effort has been made to find them a home with another member of the project! (revised 1/14/2014)

Therefore, one of the policies of the lineage is that you don't just abandon eggs. That's why I feel like anything that has a potential of not breeding true should not be part of the secondary line. Therefore, breeds like Springs, Sunrise and Xenos don't work because they don't always breed true. Saying "If you don't get the breed you wanted just toss it." rather goes against the idea that offspring from the lineage should be homed within the lineage and protected.

I know the idea with the remembrance line is to open it up some. I like open, with loose rules. But how much different than the main line do you want it to be? If you let it be completely different as in throw out all the rules for Hope lines for the Remembrance line you might as well have them in a different thread as a different lineage.

I'm against using Valentine day dragon...if there are new people who join they won't have a CB valentine dragon which might make it harder for them if they get an egg that requires one.

I'm against using Valentine day dragon...if there are new people who join they won't have a CB valentine dragon which might make it harder for them if they get an egg that requires one.

that is a valid point and i think i will agree with it

so what is the final verdict... i have been not looking at this thread for a few days (or attempting to, well at least not posting and trying to be patient) I was wondering if a decision has been made

I was sort of hoping for a bit more input from the masses about what breeds to include, but the whole thing seems to have gone silent.

I was sort of hoping for a bit more input from the masses about what breeds to include, but the whole thing seems to have gone silent.

from everything i have seen i think that if we add another lineage or two, don't add more than two more breeds, speckled and flamingo, definitely very pink dragons. As much as I would like to be able to have other lineage types than stair here, i think the extra lines should be pure bred or just with the designated breeds.

I think you should encourage others to make a sister lineage to this one, and have it be the only lineage which can be bred into the remembrance lines or something like that...

The rules for the original line should stay the same.

I think we need to keep the purity of this lineage, yes branch out but traditions are good things a solid foundation is better than too much growth.

(considering i am the one who opened this can of worms wow)

Yeah, I almost wish I had just squashed that can of worms right away instead of seeking input about it. laugh.gif

Maybe we all just wait for someone to start that lineage and i agree we only should include just a few breeds.

Not Holidays because for newer users to find suitable Holidays for the future sister lineage could be very difficult.

Starting with two Arias and then Flamingos and what? (Just my opinion.)

My suggestion:

Open a new thread with a poll how many breeds and then after the deadline for that let a moderator help you and we will use the new poll in the same thread to pick the breeds. I would say up to 5 breeds is open enough. But i feels kind of strange if you look at our very strict lineage rules here. It should be a sister lineage not something completly differnt...

*feeling a beginnning headache*

Edited by Tigerkralle

I just think the name's too long. It's easy to tack Hope on the end of whatever name you want. Remembering is just so... many... letters...

I don't really think we want to require the use of the word "remembering" in the names of all dragons in the lineage. I agree that it would be too long. I am only proposing Remembering names for the original pair. I'm not sure what naming rules to have for the lineage as a whole.

I really think if we are to make a new lineage at all, we should loosen the rules for it. Otherwise why bother?

As far as breeds go, at the moment I am leaning toward allowing Aria, Pink, Flamingo, Black Tea, Speckle Throats and maybe Balloons and Almandines if there is enough support for the idea that they are pink. I had originally thought of including some of the Valentine dragons, but I think I agree with the argument that that could be hard for those who weren't around to get CBs of those breeds.

I really don't want to start a separate thread for this, unless that is absolutely necessary. At the moment I have a male Aria that I have at least temporarily named Remembering Candleray. I plan to similarly name a female Remembering Emily Hope. If they prove to be a willing breeding couple, then they could be used to start the new line, whatever we decide that should look like. If they refuse or are reluctant breeders they will be renamed and I will try again. Since the second generation eggs will be important to anyone wanting to do even gens I want to make sure there will be an adequate supply.

I don't really think we want to require the use of the word "remembering" in the names of all dragons in the lineage. I agree that it would be too long. I am only proposing Remembering names for the original pair. I'm not sure what naming rules to have for the lineage as a whole.

I really think if we are to make a new lineage at all, we should loosen the rules for it. Otherwise why bother?

As far as breeds go, at the moment I am leaning toward allowing Aria, Pink, Flamingo, Black Tea, Speckle Throats and maybe Balloons and Almandines if there is enough support for the idea that they are pink. I had originally thought of including some of the Valentine dragons, but I think I agree with the argument that that could be hard for those who weren't around to get CBs of those breeds.

I really don't want to start a separate thread for this, unless that is absolutely necessary. At the moment I have a male Aria that I have at least temporarily named Remembering Candleray. I plan to similarly name a female Remembering Emily Hope. If they prove to be a willing breeding couple, then they could be used to start the new line, whatever we decide that should look like. If they refuse or are reluctant breeders they will be renamed and I will try again. Since the second generation eggs will be important to anyone wanting to do even gens I want to make sure there will be an adequate supply.

what would the sister lineage be called? I have been playing around with the idea of running it myself.... ugh *shudders* i don't know if i want to or not

I don't see anything wrong with having it this thread. I just thought some of the same thinking from the Hope lines should apply to the new one. By that I mean - permanent mates and don't abandon the eggs even if you don't intend to keep it yourself.

I'd like to have the ability to make even gens from the Remembrance line even if I must use an egg from the original pair. That makes sense in view of tie to the rest of the lineage.

Remembrance or Remembering is a long chunk of the characters available for a name but it does clearly say what we're thinking of for the line. Maybe we can think of something shorter that means something similar to remembering or honoring. Tribute? Like... Dana Tribute to honor the former boss who died of colon cancer this year.

I guess I just want a lot more freedom for this second lineage because the rules for the Hope lineage (while I think simplicity and keeping with tradition is nice) is just way too strict, being only a stair shape and using only one type of dragon gets boring. If you guys do decide to branch off a sister project I think I'm going to be a lot more active there than in here, I'm afraid. I thought that by having two lineages under the same name would help bring more people in, but that's just me.

As for the naming scheme, obviously keep it breast cancer related.

I don't see anything wrong with having it this thread. I just thought some of the same thinking from the Hope lines should apply to the new one. By that I mean - permanent mates and don't abandon the eggs even if you don't intend to keep it yourself.

I'd like to have the ability to make even gens from the Remembrance line even if I must use an egg from the original pair. That makes sense in view of tie to the rest of the lineage.

Remembrance or Remembering is a long chunk of the characters available for a name but it does clearly say what we're thinking of for the line. Maybe we can think of something shorter that means something similar to remembering or honoring. Tribute? Like... Dana Tribute to honor the former boss who died of colon cancer this year.

I would love to make an even gen lineage too, as long as the original pair is in there somewhere.