Breast Cancer Hope Lineage

The NEW Pure New Pink Breast Cancer Hope Lineage!

I would love a hope egg..my grandmother had breast cancer..

please link your scroll... to make sure you meet the requirements of the lineage, and if you have already been given the egg, please post a link to your scroll or at least give it to purplehaze

again on the discussion about the new "old" pinks the Arias... i think i made up my mind and i think we should not bring them in, however the other idea i am supporting. the one about a secondary line with those two being named "Remembering Emily Hope" and "Remembering Candleray" or something similar

Edited by Zerhai

@LeBoringJaques - When someone asks for a Hope egg they should show a link to their scroll so I can check it out and make sure that they meet the qualifications to get one. Then I will either add them to the wait list or post saying that I will add them as soon as possible. Once I have done that, it is okay for anyone to offer them an egg. I just checked luluxrose and all is well, so you can go ahead and pass on your egg. Next time don't be quite so eager. wink.gif

@Zerhai - I have struggled with the idea of adding the Arias in some way. If we are going to do it at all, I like your idea of a separate line "remembering" the originals. I would really like to hear more members weigh in on this question, though, before deciding anything.

@LeBoringJaques - When someone asks for a Hope egg they should show a link to their scroll so I can check it out and make sure that they meet the qualifications to get one. Then I will either add them to the wait list or post saying that I will add them as soon as possible. Once I have done that, it is okay for anyone to offer them an egg. I just checked luluxrose and all is well, so you can go ahead and pass on your egg. Next time don't be quite so eager. wink.gif

I checked their scroll by myself, I knew they met the requirements.

again on the discussion about the new "old" pinks the Arias... i think i made up my mind and i think we should not bring them in, however the other idea i am supporting. the one about a secondary line with those two being named "Remembering Emily Hope" and "Remembering Candleray" or something similar

I like that idea. "Remembering..." as a secondary line.

I checked their scroll by myself, I knew they met the requirements.

Okay. I'm glad to hear that. smile.gif There is also a PM message that I like to send out to requesters, outlining the essential rules of the lineage so there is no misunderstanding. It doesn't completely eliminate misbreeding and such, but it helps, I think. I really prefer that breeders wait for my okay. (Maybe I'm just a control freak? laugh.gif )

Edited to add: Also, regarding a possible Aria lineage. Should it follow the same rules as the original, or should it be more relaxed? Should it be purebred Aria, or would other pink-colored dragons be allowed? Should it be a stair lineage, some other lineage form, or freestyle to allow for whatever pattern you prefer? Lots of jumbled thoughts about how this might be implemented. I might like to see a more relaxed set of rules, but I am also afraid that that would lead to confusion and more misbreeding in the original line. blink.gif

Edited by purplehaze

I love the idea of using the Aria's as a Remembrance line. I do not think any other pinks should be allowed.

Edit: personally I think it should be Aria's only and should follow the same rules as the original

Edited by Merlot

I think maybe a line with the Arias that follows the same rules as the original would be ok. However, that does open up the headache of future "but why not this dragon"... Pinks were picked for this project, I assume, because they are true pink - name and all.

I do not like the idea of adding them to the existing line however I do like the idea to give the Arias their own line. A Remembrance line would be a cool idea.

I personally don't really think that the Arias as they are now - a whole new breed - have anything to do with the Hope Lineage, so I don't think we should allow Arias to be bred with original Hopes.

I do, however, like the idea of making a second line - I liked the names "Remembering Emily Hope" and "Remembering Candleray" smile.gif

What I would like is to be able to breed a potential child of these two to another PB 2nd gen aria, and their child to a 3rd gen and so on, to make an even gen lineage instead of the stair/spiral type we have in the original lineage. I do see that it could make it harder for new requesters to breed their Hopes as it might not be the easiest thing to find a mate for their new 5th gen even PB Aria, but I don't think it would be impossible - most likely someone here would be able to breed an unrelated mate.

Another option I'd be happy with is to breed an even gen PB Aria by exchanging 2nd gens here in the thread - we could probably build a very high gen line like that, as we aren't limited to a single 2nd gen per person.

I do see that both these options could be somewhat complicated to put into action, though, and so I wouldn't protest at a PB Aria line which simply had the same rules as the one we have now, with "Remembering Emily Hope" and "Remembering Candleray" as the 1st gen smile.gif

Good idea, Saikachan. I do like the idea of eg lines instead of stairstep or spiral. I prefer them, actually.

I like the idea of a separate line.

The remembering line sounds really nice. Stair would be the easiest to keep track of, with Cb mates, but spiral could be interesting.

If you relax the rules & allow non cb mates, it could get really messy...

I feel the Hope line should remain pure, the way it is now.

I do like the idea of a second line, a Remembrance Line, of the Arias. "Remembering Emily Hope" and "Remembering Candleray" are a good way to start that line.

The Breast Cancer Hope Lineage is such an important project. Many of us are breast cancer survivors and many of us know people who did not survive their breast cancer.

I feel that this important project would be greatly enhanced by expanding it to include a Remembrance line with the Arias dragons.

I like the idea of two separate lines as well. Keep the Pinks strictly the way it is, but the second line should be more "whatever you want." Fighting cancer, finding and funding research for a cure, and supporting those struggling with cancer means something different for every one. I think it would be nice to have a *much* less strict guidelines for the second line. It allows people to get more creative, and I like seeing what other people come up with. I also think the second line SHOULD include other pink-colored dragons, as the whole point of this thread (I thought) was to spread Breast Cancer Awareness, and that includes anything pink. I thought of the idea when remembering what my local ice cream store did. They offered free ice cream to anyone as long as it had any pink-colored flavored ice cream in it, not just strawberry. It was really cool. I think it would do the cause a disservice if all we cared about was the shape of the lineage. That's just my two cents. rolleyes.gif

Edited by purplenewt

I like the second lineage idea. I'd say purebred Arias though, to match the original one that was purebred pinks. As for the rules, I'd suggest matching them to the rules of the older hope lineage. That's my opinion at least.

The old lineage should not be touched. We have very strict rules and now only because "Old Pinks" (Kind of the sprite is different and there exist male ones... blink.gif ) we should put an end to this very old tradition? Let us keep this lineage pure. Please!

We could create a whole new lineage and there we could use the Arias and maybe there we could use Fiona BlueFire's ideas. (Here she is talking about an alternate the first time.)

But i strongly prefer a whole new thread a little sister project that could grow bigger then this. No one knows!

Edited by Tigerkralle

I don't mind mixing them but a whole new line would have to start. All dark pinks are also fine. I am fairly easy to get along with here so whatever the majority decides.

I'm a 16 year cancer survivor because someone took the time and the interest to make sure I knew the facts. Like the poem or story lineages, I would like to see a pure pink lineage that tells stories of hope and survival. Of victory. I could on my own of course. But I am only one person. More people participating would spread the word that much more.

Tigerkralle, I appreciate you directing us to Fiona's post! What she says here kind of goes along with what I hinted at yesterday, about having a second line be whatever you like. A lineage that tells a story relating to having breast cancer/surviving breast cancer/knowing someone who struggles or struggled with it/or what-have-you would be pretty amazing, in my opinion.

Edited by purplenewt

It's been quite a long time since I have been active on the DC forums however the Hope lineage is something that is very close to my heart as my Mum is a survivor so I wanted to come and share my thoughts.

I strongly feel that the original line should be kept the same as it is now and not make any changes to the rules. I feel if we were to add in the Arias into this lineage then it could get very messy and that could lead to confusion about what is ok for breeding with this line and what isn't. Plus I feel that it would in some way spoil the original line because we cannot breed say a 2nd Gen from the original pair to an Aria so I think it would look weird being added in so late down the line.

However, I am completely open to the idea of having a new separate lineage using the Arias that has a theme along the same lines. I did like the idea mentioned earlier about creating a remembrance line. I don't have any preference as to the style of lineage either even gen or stairstep, I really don't mind and I would be happy to go along with the majority vote in that regard. I do feel though that there should be some sort of naming tradition like there is with the current line to set it apart.

purplenewt did make a valid point regarding including other pink dragons:

I also think the second line SHOULD include other pink-colored dragons, as the whole point of this thread (I thought) was to spread Breast Cancer Awareness, and that includes anything pink.

I do agree that it should be about getting the message out there not nessecarily how pretty the lineage is. I feel it should be made as accessable as possible to encourage participation.

ETA: I did want to just mention, I am ok with not having CB or PB partners to breed into the line as long as all of the dragons in the partners lineage are Pink and the offspring is named accordingly. It could lead to a somewhat messy lineage but the rules would be very simple for people to follow.

Edited by lulu_witch

I am really glad to see all the input coming in. Please keep the ideas rolling! smile.gif

It seems there is pretty much a consensus about keeping the original lineage the same, regardless of what else we do. That pretty much matches my own feelings on the matter. I feel like it was almost something sacred handed down from dixie and I have been very reluctant to make any changes.

So I gave it some thought...I want to keep the original lineage as it was set with just the new pinks.

I love the idea of a Remembrance or Memorial 2nd line with the Arias, and am really open to relaxing the rule in regards to only breeding them to caveborns. I saw someone mention above that we should include other pinks as well, as this was in the spirit of Breast Cancer Awareness. I have no problem with that. I think it would make for some really interesting and pretty lines.