Breast Cancer Hope Lineage

The NEW Pure New Pink Breast Cancer Hope Lineage!

Welcome back! smile.gif Thanks for letting us know. I will fix that when I get time to do an update.

*grin*

i can't wait!

I would love to be placed on the list for an Aria as well! wub.gif

Latest news: I got a pretty little egg from the pair that Zerhai gifted to me. I will keep that egg and breed the pair again next week. If that breeding also produces an egg then those two will be my starting pair. With the list building I want to be sure that I don't have stubborn breeders! laugh.gif

Things should settle down for me on a personal level after today, so I should have time to get things started with the new lineage. I need to go back through all the suggestions again and decide exactly what the rules should be and what to include. I know it will not be possible to totally satisfy everyone, since the suggestions were so divergent.

I would very much like to be added to the list for the Aria Hope2 line as well.

I also had a question regarding that.

I have a pair of Aria specifically for breeding Aria Dragons. I was wondering if I would be allowed to use their hatchlings as mates for my Hope Arias so long as I do not inbreed them. Would that be acceptable?

I would very much like to be added to the list for the Aria Hope2 line as well.

I also had a question regarding that.

I have a pair of Aria specifically for breeding Aria Dragons. I was wondering if I would be allowed to use their hatchlings as mates for my Hope Arias so long as I do not inbreed them. Would that be acceptable?

I'll add you to the list.

I am still trying to decide on rules for the new lineage, so I'm not sure that I can answer your question right now.

I am really wondering if I should start a new thread for the new lineage. I started to write up some information and rules for it, but I am afraid it will get confusing if I just try to add the new lineage into the top posts of this thread. The naming is different, the breeds are different, the breeding rules will be different, so I wonder if it is best to put it out on its own. The intro could establish that the new lineage is related to this one, so that we keep a connection.

That sounds like a good idea. smile.gif Also, the hope egg I hatched for SaphireKat has been sent to her now.

I am really wondering if I should start a new thread for the new lineage. I started to write up some information and rules for it, but I am afraid it will get confusing if I just try to add the new lineage into the top posts of this thread. The naming is different, the breeds are different, the breeding rules will be different, so I wonder if it is best to put it out on its own. The intro could establish that the new lineage is related to this one, so that we keep a connection.

so 2 new lineages? i don't know

I don't know, Zerhai. sad.gif It was just a thought because I am having trouble trying to figure out how to integrate it into this thread without causing mass confusion. The people who are already Hope dragon owners would probably be okay with it, but I'm not sure about new people coming across it for the first time.

I don't know, Zerhai. sad.gif  It was just a thought because I am having trouble trying to figure out how to integrate it into this thread without causing mass confusion. The people who are already Hope dragon owners would probably be okay with it, but I'm not sure about new people coming across it for the first time.

have the secondary thread be only available to those who are already members maybe at least until it is integrated into the lineage and has been for a while or just always have it that way

btw this was another reason why i made the suggestion about the secondary line here go on the same rules as the first its less complicated and keeps the purity of the lineage

Edited by Zerhai

Zerhai, can you send me a PM with an outline of what you are proposing for the lineage that you want to start? That might help me figure out what to do here.

I sort of like the idea of requiring that people join the original lineage first, except that some people have avoided it because of the restrictions. That also sort of makes it pointless to have the secondary line follow the same exact rules as the original, with only a different breed being used.

Zerhai, can you send me a PM with an outline of what you are proposing for the lineage that you want to start? That might help me figure out what to do here.

I sort of like the idea of requiring that people join the original lineage first, except that some people have avoided it because of the restrictions. That also sort of makes it pointless to have the secondary line follow the same exact rules as the original, with only a different breed being used.

ok, you could also have the secondary line be more open but still have the restriction of them having to be part of the original line first! kind of a reward... i'll pm you what i have though its not much....

I like the only restrictions for the secondary line be made up of pink approved dragons and somewhere in the lineage it must have sprouted from the original Arias pair. Also, a simplistic naming scheme, like Tribute, Hope2, Remembrance, BCA (Breast Cancer Awareness) whathaveyou, for all your dragons.

Edited by purplenewt

I think i am close to having everything that I plan to do with the other lineage.

only thing i am waiting on is to have some prep breeding

I'll add you to the list.

I am still trying to decide on rules for the new lineage, so I'm not sure that I can answer your question right now.

Alrighty~

When and if you are able to answer that, please let me know~ happy.gif

Alrighty~

When and if you are able to answer that, please let me know~ happy.gif

I am very close to having the Remembrance/Honor lineage ready to go. I think, if I understand your question correctly, you will be fine. smile.gif I will probably post the details of the lineage tomorrow.

I am very close to having the Remembrance/Honor lineage ready to go. I think, if I understand your question correctly, you will be fine. smile.gif I will probably post the details of the lineage tomorrow.

I can't wait~

I look forward to having the honor of owning an Honor Dragon as well as continuing the line~

And here is my proposal for the new lineage. It is not set in stone at this time, so feel free to let me know what you think. Just please understand that there were such varied opinions on how we should proceed that it was not possible to satisfy all of them. Hopefully this will be a satisfactory middle ground.

Remembrance/Honor Lineage – With the return of the “old pink” dragons as the Aria breed in May, we began to discuss creating a lineage to honor both those whom we have loved and lost to breast cancer and those who have won their battle and are survivors. After much discussion, this is my proposal for that lineage.

* All dragons in this line will be related to Remembering Candleray (oIlMt) and Remembering Emily Hope (J1Erd) , a pair of Aria dragons belonging to purplehaze.

* Permitted dragon breeds are Aria, Pink, and Specklethroat (selected primarily because they are the only all-pink, non-holiday dragons). You may use as many or as few of those breeds as you prefer, in any combination (but since the starting pair is Aria, you will of course have at least those).

* Naming: Dragons in this lineage should be named with some form of the word Honor or Remember/Memory in their name, e.g. Honoring ______, In Honor of ______, ______'s Memory, Remembering ______, etc.

All dragons who are part of the lineage should have exclusive, dedicated mates that breed with no other dragons.

* Your lineage may be a stair pattern, even gen, or freestyle as you wish. No inbreeding.

* Dragons bred from this lineage should not be abandoned, killed, bitten, zombified or used in Neglected experiments!

Except for naming, the differences between this lineage and the original Hope lineage are only in the breeds allowed and the lineage patterns allowed.

Edited by purplehaze

I'm already loving the new lineage smile.gif

However, would it be permitted to breed the Hope dragons into the Honor/Remembrance lineage or would it be conflicting?

purplehaze  Posted on Jun 19 2016, 02:18 PM

And here is my proposal for the new lineage. It is not set in stone at this time, so feel free to let me know what you think. Just please understand that there were such varied opinions on how we should proceed that it was not possible to satisfy all of them. Hopefully this will be a satisfactory middle ground.

Remembrance/Honor Lineage – With the return of the “old pink” dragons as the Aria breed in May, we began to discuss creating a lineage to honor both those whom we have loved and lost to breast cancer and those who have won their battle and are survivors. After much discussion, this is my proposal for that lineage.

* All dragons in this line will be related to Remembering Candleray (oIlMt) and Remembering Emily Hope (J1Erd) , a pair of Aria dragons belonging to purplehaze.

* Permitted dragon breeds are Aria, Pink, and Specklethroat (selected primarily because they are the only all-pink, non-holiday dragons). You may use as many or as few of those breeds as you prefer, in any combination (but since the starting pair is Aria, you will of course have at least those).

* Naming: Dragons in this lineage should be named with some form of the word Honor or Remember/Memory in their name, e.g. Honoring ______, In Honor of ______, ______'s Memory, Remembering ______, etc.

All dragons who are part of the lineage should have exclusive, dedicated mates that breed with no other dragons.

* Your lineage may be a stair pattern, even gen, or freestyle as you wish. No inbreeding.

* Dragons bred from this lineage should not be abandoned, killed, bitten, zombified or used in Neglected experiments!

Except for naming, the differences between this lineage and the original Hope lineage are only in the breeds allowed and the lineage patterns allowed.

I agree and would love to sign up for a 2nd gen of your Arias for this line

I'm already loving the new lineage smile.gif

However, would it be permitted to breed the Hope dragons into the Honor/Remembrance lineage or would it be conflicting?

No, that would go against the rules of the original Hope lineage, since the only acceptable mate for them is a CB Pink.