Breast Cancer Hope Lineage

The NEW Pure New Pink Breast Cancer Hope Lineage!

For me, the idea to have another line, more loose and more personal is really attempting.

Although I would LOVE to have line with valentines (oh, they are beautiful) my first thought was that I could not continue it. Also I am not fond of so various "pink" suggestions - some of them are even not pink for me (like bluesang). On the other hand, I am not sure that rules are those that will keep line straight. If someone want to keep the line, he/she will. And no matter what strict rules we will have, if someone want to toss the egg he/she will do it. So perhaps the rules have to be fewer but those strict and simple smile.gif

As for the other lineage: I have to ask something, just please, do not shoot me biggrin.gif

The idea is that (again) it will have original pair and all offsprings must have this original pair in the line (basically, same as we have now) just with more variety. Would it be rebellious if I suggest that we can start our own line within restrictions (CB, pink - only approved types , permanent partners etc.). So we could either here or in some "remembrance thread" swap eggs and help one another... Perhaps someone will want just one pair and offspring or 3g checker with remembrance on beloved and that's all. And as the basic idea was that this "line" will be more individual, I don't see why not. And why he/she should wait for an offspring from original pair for months. As long as the basic idea is followed - to spread awareness of breast cancer and to commemorate our beloved - I think that could be way, too.

As for the name - perhaps it could be some sign or shorter name for Remembrance or Remembering? Perhaps abbreviation TBR for To-Be-Remembered?

And of course original lineage continues.

For me, the idea to have another line, more loose and more personal is really attempting.

Although I would LOVE to have line with valentines (oh, they are beautiful) my first thought was that I could not continue it. Also I am not fond of so various "pink" suggestions - some of them are even not pink for me (like bluesang). On the other hand, I am not sure that rules are those that will keep line straight. If someone want to keep the line, he/she will. And no matter what strict rules we will have, if someone want to toss the egg he/she will do it. So perhaps the rules have to be fewer but those strict and simple smile.gif

As for the other lineage: I have to ask something, just please, do not shoot me biggrin.gif

The idea is that (again) it will have original pair and all offsprings must have this original pair in the line (basically, same as we have now) just with more variety. Would it be rebellious if I suggest that we can start our own line within restrictions (CB, pink - only approved types , permanent partners etc.). So we could either here or in some "remembrance thread" swap eggs and help one another... Perhaps someone will want just one pair and offspring or 3g checker with remembrance on beloved and that's all. And as the basic idea was that this "line" will be more individual, I don't see why not. And why he/she should wait for an offspring from original pair for months. As long as the basic idea is followed - to spread awareness of breast cancer and to commemorate our beloved - I think that could be way, too.

As for the name - perhaps it could be some sign or shorter name for Remembrance or  Remembering? Perhaps abbreviation TBR for To-Be-Remembered?

And of course original lineage continues.

for another lineage a "sister"lineage rules can be changed i just believe the rules shouldn't change much for any line in this lineage

so here is basically what i am suggesting, having one or two remembrance lines in this lineage (no more than two and only pure bred of which ever breeds are suggested)

for the "sister" lineage

here is where the potential for creativity lies

if im the one starting it(one i couldn't do it by myself) i would have no more than 5 potential breeds to be an actual part of the lineage, honestly i would have to work out the details but obviously this is flexible

Edited by Zerhai

I can't help but wonder what effect it will have on the original lineage if we start up multiple new lines as well as a "sister lineage". This lineage has stood the test of time unlike so many lineages that are started, get response for awhile and then die out. I would hate to do anything to destroy that.

Is the "sister" lineage the one that was dubbed "remembering/remembrance/" (or whatever else since that was deemed lengthy?)

I'm not a fan of having too many lineages. I like having the ability to trace every single lineage down to the main pair. I think it would take awhile to give everyone a 2g dragon, but that would be okay since in the mean time people could get a 3g or 4g while waiting.

I'm not a huge fan of having too many new lineages starting up immediately because that might get messy and then, to me, that no longer resembles the original concept.

But of course, I am but one voice.

I don't mind if there ends up being multiple lineages, but I would prefer having just another one (the Aria) added.

Would it just be Aria in that line or can you add in pinks too?

I agree with what gigglymonkey is saying, I kind of like the simple idea of this lineage, and I like the idea of adding just the Arias, and wouldn't mind waiting for a lower gen one. I think adding to much will change the lineage idea too much. smile.gif

I can't help but wonder what effect it will have on the original lineage if we start up multiple new lines as well as a "sister lineage". This lineage has stood the test of time unlike so many lineages that are started, get response for awhile and then die out. I would hate to do anything to destroy that.

I think as long as we keep the original line as is i think this lineage will be fine no matter what! Keep in mind we don't have to start everything AT ONCE, we can have the "remembrance line" here started as soon as we come to a decision, and then if we want a second remembrance line we can do that once we have a 3rd or 4th gen of the first remembrance line or wait as long as we think necessary.

If i am the one starting the sister lineage.... I will wait until about a month or two after everything has settled down here...

so what i am saying is everything doesn't have to happen all at once, once the decision is made on the sister lineage and/or the remembrance lines.

honestly i am liking the idea of having the sister lineage be kinda like galaxy lineage but only if things pan out....

Edited by Zerhai

So what should the Remembrance lineage look like?

As I said, I had planned to start it with two Arias named after the founding pair in the original lineage. I would like to allow for more than just a stairstep type lineage, since I am primarily an even gen breeder.

If we include Arias I think we have to allow Pinks as well, because from something TJ said somewhere it seems that the Arias will still be able to throw Pink eggs at least occasionally. Edit - found it! Should we allow other pink colored dragons, or not? I really don't want to see multiple lineages here -- just one Remembrance line and the original Hope line.

I really like the idea of keeping to the rules about dedicated mates and not abandoning offspring. Are there any other rules we should impose? Should we have a naming convention, and if so, what should it be?

Zerhai, I have no objection to you starting a "sister" thread after we get the Remembrance line up and running for awhile. I'm not sure I know what you mean by galaxy lineage. Would each person begin their own lineage? Or would there be a common starting point? If so, where does it start?

Yeah, more questions than answers again! laugh.gif

Edited by purplehaze

I am for a common starting pair and dedicated mates once an egg exist of that particular breeding pair. But then for the starting pair you will have to stay with the pairing that throws out the first egg... rolleyes.gif

And why remember? For me that sounds like only remembering all the ones who died because of breast cancer what about people who survived and are so lucky that the cancer never ever came back? Is remembering really the best name?

By the way men also can suffer breast cancer it is rare but i happens for example Peter Criss a former member of KISS is a survivor.

Breast carcinoma is also very long... dry.gif

A short name is a challenge. *sigh*

I am for a common starting pair and dedicated mates once an egg exist of that particular breeding pair. But then for the starting pair you will have to stay with the pairing that throws out the first egg...  rolleyes.gif

And why remember? For me that sounds like only remembering all the ones who died because of breast cancer what about people who survived and are so lucky that the cancer never ever came back? Is remembering really the best name?

By the way men also can suffer breast cancer it is rare but i happens for example Peter Criss a former member of KISS is a survivor.

Breast carcinoma is also very long...  dry.gif

A short name is a challenge. *sigh*

I think the TBR (short for To be Remembered) is good for the secondary line in this lineage or maybe just have Hope as it still is the hope lineage or Hope2 for the hopes from the secondary line

or maybe "Wish", that sounds good too!

Edited by Zerhai

I rather liked the name Tribute for the new line. Because whether the person died or survived you can still offer them a tribute.

I rather liked the name Tribute for the new line. Because whether the person died or survived you can still offer them a tribute.

Memory is good too

I rather like Tribute also, but I'm not sure about a naming convention for that. "Tribute to ______" has only one less letter than "Remembering ______". So the only advantage I see is in allowing it to work for anyone, regardless of whether they lived or died.

Using Hope2 would tie it closer to this original lineage. I kind of like that, too -- maybe even better. That could work for either situation, too.

Decisions, decisions! Not my strong point. laugh.gif

I rather like Tribute also, but I'm not sure about a naming convention for that. "Tribute to ______" has only one less letter than "Remembering ______". So the only advantage I see is in allowing it to work for anyone, regardless of whether they lived or died.

Using Hope2 would tie it closer to this original lineage. I kind of like that, too -- maybe even better. That could work for either situation, too.

Decisions, decisions! Not my strong point. laugh.gif

how about giving 2 or 3 options for the 2nd line like "Hope2" or "TBR" or "Tribute" or "Memory"

btw i have started text for a sister lineage.... im taking my time........

Edited by Zerhai

Why "Tribute to", why not "______ Tribute"?

Like "Lilli's Tribute" for my sister-in-law, who had breast cancer the same time I did.

Why "Tribute to", why not "______ Tribute"?

Like "Lilli's Tribute" for my sister-in-law, who had breast cancer the same time I did.

those would work! what we are going over is words that will mean they are part of that line of the lineage

I too like the idea of 'Tribute' being used.

Like Fiona said it can be their name followed by 'Tribute' or Tribute Carol (for my mother in this case who died in '05 of breast cancer). Like with the Hope Line the placement would depend on how the breeder is feeling.

But I also kind of like the idea of allowing a few other breeds into the ranks, but at the same time I feel that might become a bit of a hassle in the long run.

I agree on Pinks and Arias. Possibly the Flamingos and MAYBE the Black Teas. But for me that would be it. I think to keep it less hectic we would want to minimize the masses to a degree.

As I'm saying this I'm realizing we all kind of sound like Pureblood elitists and it amuses me a bit as a Harry Potter nerd... Sorry for the uh... side track...

But I think doing the second line and then a sister line too would maybe allow us to also interbreed each of the Breast Cancer Awareness lines together and give us a larger pool and maybe help spread awareness even further.

Like I suggested with my other post- we can create the pure breed line of Arias and then with that line we take a pure bred Tribute(I'm just gonna use that for now) and a pure bred Hope and we then get a Hope Tribute and with that it is then your choice on if you breed them with a CB Flamingo or a CB Black Tea. And like with the Hope line the first mated pair must be CB.

My idea then is if you breed pure Arias then decide you want to breed with a Pink but don't want to breed with a hope it MUST be a CB Pink. And the same going the other way. If you want to try breeding a Hope with an Aria but don't want Tribute bred then it MUST be a CB.

But of course like with the Hope line inbreeding would be a no-no. Hence why I think as few breeds as possible in the pool...

I think this is the longest post I've ever had in this thread... So far this is all my brain is allotting for focus time...

Hopefully I was able to add to the discussion productively.

What happens when you run out of people to name for the "tribute to" line?

what i was trying to say is you don't have to tribute it to anyone you can name one potentially "Radiant Tribute" or "Dark Tribute" or "Rainbow Tribute" or "Tribute's Spork"

just look at all the names used in the original line!

Tribute has a good sound. I already like that name.

Hey we have three names, now you can put up a poll and let us made a decision purplehaze. And then the really big trouble how many and which specific breeds should be part of the "Tribute" lineage also in polls. You sure need a moderator to change or delete a poll.

And we need a deadline for each poll and we should keep in mind that in summer many users are out of town and because of that not online.

I'm not really sure I believe in the usefulness of polls. It is too easy for people to vote first and read the rationale for the different options later or not understand what it is that they are voting on, since the space allowed for the question is very limited. Then once you have voted you can't change your vote.

Are you talking about required naming conventions? What are the three? Remembering, Memory, TBR, Tribute, and Hope2 are all things that have been mentioned and there may be more. If I am to put up a poll I want to be sure I have all the serious suggestions included. I personally never seriously meant to have Remembering as a naming requirement. I just started off naming my proposed initial pair that way. And TBR might be confusing and not really make clear what the lineage is all about. Should I include those? Are there others I have missed?

Edited by purplehaze

Oh, then i miscounted it and there are five names.

Remembering -Too long and sounds like only honoring and paying awareness to dead people

Memory -Sooooo about dead people

TBR -Abbreviatons are not my cup of tea if i can avoid it

Tribute -Loving it.

Hope2 -I could live with it but it is also too similiar to the Hope lineage. Especially with one lineage with very strict rules and not so strict rules.

On second guess a poll is not the best option. But personally i am careful with my vote.

So we need more input about the breeds and the rules for our lineage.

Edited by Tigerkralle

Personally, Tribute reminds me too much of Hunger Games in which the tribute is not actually a good thing to be, but the word itself is honorable. I'm liking Hope2 best, so far on the list. Maybe "honor"?

I like the idea of 2 threads:

the original pink Hope thread for those of us who have survived our breast cancer and all those who have survived, and continue to fight for life;

and a Remembrance or Memory thread, Aria is a good choice for that, for those who did not survive, but will live on as long as we remember them.

In the midst of life there is death. Some have survived, some have not. We need to honor them all.

Personally, Tribute reminds me too much of Hunger Games in which the tribute is not actually a good thing to be, but the word itself is honorable. I'm liking Hope2 best, so far on the list. Maybe "honor"?

Now that you pointed that out...I can't think of anything else except that. I like "honor" or Hope2.

I think abbreviations are fine, but since TBR, for me, stands more for "to be real" it doesn't make me think of "to be remembered"

a lot of what i use (if i am the one starting the new thread and its looking more likely) depends on what is decided for the secondary line for this lineage, I am making plans, setting aside pairs, typing up rules, none is decided until its posted.

Edited by Zerhai