Breast Cancer Hope Lineage

The NEW Pure New Pink Breast Cancer Hope Lineage!

Use white. They are powerful healers after all. Perfect for breast cancer hope. Candlebra might be a cool choice too, though.

Let me suggest Sunset/rise - Sunset for other color, Sunrise because it is pink.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

i like the idea for white, sunrise/set and candelabra. for the most part i had avoided the sunrise/set since they are one of my personal favs and i am partial to them. i will think on these three/four because i don't want to have too many starting pairs though i want the number to be able to produce an even gen with no problems using only the starting pairs so now that i do the numbers its looking like i can easily add three breeds.... hmm maybe instead one light one dark? ugh i don't know

the sister lineage will not be in this thread but i am simply not ready to create my own thread, it is different than the remembrance line

all the starting pairs for the sister lineage are pb, and all that are definitely chosen have already produced eggs, and in one case 2 eggs

Edited by Zerhai

I did not understand that there were going to be TWO additional Hope lineages, sorry about that. rolleyes.gif Bashful...

I definitely agree the White dragon should be in there, as Dusky_Flareon said, they are healers. That's the general idea, to cure cancer. I personally think the Balloon is more pink than red, so I would include that. If other people don't like it then they certainly don't have to use Balloons in their lineages! The obvious Pinks and Arias I think should also be included, and the others you suggested, Zerhai. I kind of like the idea of adding Seasonal dragons simply because they are all about time, something not many cancer-patients have, and I personally would like to add Springs in my lineage (as April is the month my grandma died, although she died of Lung cancer, it's still cancer and cancer all around sucks. My aunt, who DID die of breast cancer, died in winter). I'm okay if you decide not to include them, though. No biggie. Sunrise/sunsets would be nice, also because of the idea of time. I also like the Daydream, especially for those that died already. I really like the Candelabra for their description, not to mention they are pretty (that's not what's most important to me, the meaning is). I like that they will lay down their lives for those they love. The one small issue is they will continue to breed their own species for a while, until they are no longer newbs. And of course I approve of most Valentine dragons, except maybe Heartseeker. Even though they are a holiday dragon, Valentine's Day is all about love, and no doubt we love our cancer fighters/survivers.

Will this sister lineage also require the original pair of Arias from Purplehaze too?

I did not understand that there were going to be TWO additional Hope lineages, sorry about that. rolleyes.gif Bashful...

- snip -

Will this sister lineage also require the original pair of Arias from Purplehaze too?

No, it will be a totally separate thing and will even have its own thread when Zerhai is ready for that. smile.gif

Remember me? No? Ah well. Anyways, all this haba-diba-doo is making me queasy! I really want a 2nd Gen Remeberance egg now. tongue.gif

Tell me when the new thread is gonna be up please! I'd love to support this new cause. wub.gif

I definitely agree the White dragon should be in there, as Dusky_Flareon said, they are healers. That's the general idea, to cure cancer. I personally think the Balloon is more pink than red, so I would include that. If other people don't like it then they certainly don't have to use Balloons in their lineages! The obvious Pinks and Arias I think should also be included, and the others you suggested, Zerhai. I kind of like the idea of adding Seasonal dragons simply because they are all about time, something not many cancer-patients have, and I personally would like to add Springs in my lineage (as April is the month my grandma died, although she died of Lung cancer, it's still cancer and cancer all around sucks. My aunt, who DID die of breast cancer, died in winter). I'm okay if you decide not to include them, though. No biggie. Sunrise/sunsets would be nice, also because of the idea of time. I also like the Daydream, especially for those that died already. I really like the Candelabra for their description, not to mention they are pretty (that's not what's most important to me, the meaning is). I like that they will lay down their lives for those they love. The one small issue is they will continue to breed their own species for a while, until they are no longer newbs. And of course I approve of most Valentine dragons, except maybe Heartseeker. Even though they are a holiday dragon, Valentine's Day is all about love, and no doubt we love our cancer fighters/survivers.

I definitely agree with purplenewt's points on the time-related dragons and the Valentine ones.

May I also point out that Sunset/rise fits because for a cancer patient, each day is important.

Also, sunrise and sunset have symbolic meaning a bit, too. Sunrise = dawn = hope. Sunset = end = al things come to an end, but we remember. I like the bit about Candlebras laying down their lives for people, and may I also add that their light could represent the illumination of truth, the light of knowledge and hope this lineage symbolizes? I used a similar meaning for Candlebras in another Awareness lineage - just goes to show how much bringing something into the light is what awareness and even rememberance lineages are about.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

ty guys you have given me a lot to think about, gladly i have a lot of dragons which have not bred at all! I need to think on this tonight i'm putting these potentials into my text file i am prepping the lineage in... if i chose to use seasonal, i probably will need new seasonal eggs as each season comes around, i haven't checked them yet.

about the only thing i am nixing and i don't think anyone suggested it is using holiday dragons in the original dragons, note with the way things are going that does not mean you can't breed them with holidays

i also like the idea of this new lineage being a bit more generic to cancer patients in general.

the breeding will not be restrictive as the hope lineage mostly it will focus on spreading awareness.

Edited by Zerhai

I have bred this little Hope egg and passed it to gigglymonkey12. smile.gif

I've bred a hope egg

I'm willing to send it to someone

Also may I be added to the breeder's list?

EDIT: Just revised the post

Edited by SaphireKat

I'm a little frustrated right now because the pair I hoped to use for the Remembrance lineage gave me no egg this week in spite of fertility. sad.gif With so many people wanting eggs I was hoping they would be reliable breeders, but now I have two pairs who have each given me one egg out of two breeding attempts. I guess I will try again next week and see what happens.

I have a CB (Adult) Male Aria. I can try to grab a female and see how reliably they breed as placeholders?

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Thanks, but no. I need them to be on my scroll. Arias are easy enough to grab, but I haven't had a pair yet that breeds as well as I'd like.

Thanks, but no. I need them to be on my scroll. Arias are easy enough to grab, but I haven't had a pair yet that breeds as well as I'd like.

*pulls head out of brainstorm* ugh i do know the feeling, though im having issues with breeding greys.... im seeing how high a evengen i can make with the holly contest thing... i want one pair to breed(both 3rd gen no inbreeding) and of course they straight out refuse... ugh

Hey everyone! I'm sorry for being inactive all these months, my university and life stuff are taking all my time. Anyway, I'm on vacation so got plenty of time now biggrin.gif

I've read the message purplehaze sent me and honestly I don't know if you have reached to a conclusion but I really liked the idea of adding the Arias and to create a "Remembering lineage". They are old Pinks after all, just with a new name and can perfectly be in the lineage.

Welcome back, AnnieLyla biggrin.gif !

The remembrance lineage is still a bit of a work in progress. My proposal for it is a couple of pages back. I probably should bump that forward for those who haven't seen it yet.

its such a hard decision....

for the sister lineage I am trying to decide which breeds to add.... as original pairs....

currently the following breeds are in it: (and i have proven breeding pairs for all of these)

aria

pink

speckled

flamingo

black tea

These are the breeds I am considering to add some contrast:

white

candelabra

sunset/rise

seasonals

All of them fit the idea of the lineage, however I believe adding all of them will be too many, keep in mind if i add the sunrise/set that is two pairs (i have potential pairs for both), and if i add the seasonals that is 4 pairs (gladly i have 4 unbred pairs on my scroll if that is decided)

i need advice....

Lol, well if you must omit some, then at least keep White. I will be sad to see Seasonals not make the list, but I also understand that may be too many to keep track of, and not exactly in keeping with curing cancer. Same with sunrise/sets. I just thought with the whole remembrance thing, honoring those who died, keeping Seasonals would be nice but not essential (but I can only speak for myself). I really like Candelabra's too, but they don't speak "healing" quite as much as Whites do.

thank you guys i'll wait for a bit more input before i make my decision though.

btw not that i don't appreciate your input, i simply want as many opinions as possible

I really like the idea of keeping the White and the Candelabras, but especially the Whites they fit perfectly in the lineage and bring a meaning to it. Also, I agree with purplenewt the Seasonals are too many to keep the track.

The Sunsets/Sunrises are great too.

well as an update, if i decide to put the seasonals in i have 3 pairs that can breed for three seasonals(2 produced eggs, one didn't but that doesn't mean they won't), the unbred winters i had well they refused

im pretty sure i have proven breedable pairs for sunset and sunrise

i have other lineages i use sunset and sunrise in so thats not that big a deal if i don't use em

If i decide to use whites i will have to find myself a pair

i don't have a pair of unbred candelabras either

i haven't looked into the balloons yet i know i have a bunch but i don't know how many cbs i have and im nearly egg locked as it is so any generous people who want to try to donate eggs to my cause on this pls check my scroll before catching them or at least pm me to see if i can take em

Edited by Zerhai

I am bumping this forward for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Please note that this is a different lineage from the one that Zerhai will be starting. I am still interested in any comments you may have on this. I am tentatively planning on posting it officially sometime next week. The dragons did not give me an egg this week, so I have to wait a bit to start gifting the second gens.

Remembrance/Honor Lineage – With the return of the “old pink” dragons as the Aria breed in May, we began to discuss creating a lineage to honor both those whom we have loved and lost to breast cancer and those who have won their battle and are survivors. After much discussion, this is my proposal for that lineage.

* All dragons in this line will be related to Remembering Candleray (oIlMt) and Remembering Emily Hope (J1Erd) , a pair of Aria dragons belonging to purplehaze.

* Permitted dragon breeds are Aria, Pink, and Specklethroat (selected primarily because they are the only all-pink, non-holiday dragons). You may use as many or as few of those breeds as you prefer, in any combination (but since the starting pair is Aria, you will of course have at least those).

* Naming: Dragons in this lineage should be named with some form of the word Honor or Remember/Memory in their name, e.g. Honoring ______, In Honor of ______, ______'s Memory, Remembering ______, etc.

All dragons who are part of the lineage should have exclusive, dedicated mates that breed with no other dragons.

* Your lineage may be a stair pattern, even gen, or freestyle as you wish. No inbreeding.

* Dragons bred from this lineage should not be abandoned, killed, bitten, zombified or used in Neglected experiments!

Except for naming, the differences between this lineage and the original Hope lineage are only in the breeds allowed and the lineage patterns allowed.

Double posting here because I didn't want to confuse the two ideas.

Zerhai, I like the idea of including Whites in your line as the healers. Candelabras seem to fit nicely, too.

While Sunrise/Sunset and Seasonals do nicely bring in the aspect of time, I think using all of them will be a bit too much. Maybe just the SR/SS? That still gives you 9 breeds if you count SR and SS as separate breeds.

Do you need to have breeding pairs of all the breeds before you start, or can you take some time to collect them?