Breast Cancer Hope Lineage

The NEW Pure New Pink Breast Cancer Hope Lineage!

Welcome back! Nearly sure that i joined after you take your break.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/7O1VG

Picked this poor baby up in the AP, considering freezing, unless someone else wants it?

Sad to see that line is still producing. sad.gif Not much to be done. There are no teeth in our rules after all. I would say freezing is the best thing to do with it.

Is there anyone active who is waiting on a Hope egg? I'm happy to breed my Hopes, but I want to make sure there's someone open to receive an egg if I do!

Sad to see that line is still producing. sad.gif Not much to be done. There are no teeth in our rules after all. I would say freezing is the best thing to do with it.

That's what I figured, and will do shortly.

Forgot to add my last one 8th of Hope Kralle

I like that name. wink.gif I will be more productive if i finally fullfilled my pending IOUs. rolleyes.gif

@amthystfire

Freezing would be the best. I once stated a mistake that i made here and i will not breed the lineage again. I am feeling better since i saw that poor little thing. I only made the mistake to mate a Hope dragon together with a CB Pink dragon who already had children with another dragon...

Umm hello^^

I would really love to have a hope egg from one of these beautiful lineages. Is there a special form I need to fill in order to be put on the list?

Edit: I already asked a member for an egg. I hope this is okay.

Edited by Yeronoco

Hi there! Thanks for your interest. No forms to fill out, just please read all the rules in the first post. Hope dragons must have one single mate -- a CB Pink who has had no other mate but the Hope. And it needs to have Hope in its name. Those are the main rules, but please read the rest, too.

As I was the person you asked for an egg, I will be breeding you one as soon as I have space on my scroll. smile.gif

Ok, I've read the rules. In fact this isn't the first time I've read the rules. The reason I haven't joined is because I don't particularly care for the way the lineage currently is structured. I don't want to be restricted to only having an egg from one of your dragons, and I almost exclusively breed even gens.

Why am I posting then? To ask if you would consider an addition to the lineage. A side quest, if you will.

You see, back in 1999 I was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer. The only reason it was found and treated so early was my sister-in-law had just been diagnosed and talked me into getting a screening mammogram. I was just 41 years old. It is possible that her urging saved my life.

There is so much more to saving lives from breast cancer than research for a cure. People need to know that early screening is vital and that there are so many more treatment options than there used to be. Being told you have cancer is no longer tantamount to a death sentence.

I'm a 16 year cancer survivor because someone took the time and the interest to make sure I knew the facts. Like the poem or story lineages, I would like to see a pure pink lineage that tells stories of hope and survival. Of victory. I could on my own of course. But I am only one person. More people participating would spread the word that much more.

Why now? One of my closest friend's mothers was just diagnosed with terminal colon cancer. If she'd gotten a colonoscopy earlier this might have been caught in time to treat. You guys aren't doing colon cancer, but the message for both cancers is similar. Early screening can save your life.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Hi Fiona! I'm not opposed at all to considering a second line of Pink Dragons with a different structure. Right now I have been operating without sleep for over 24 hours, so I am a little foggy. Can you clarify a bit just what you are proposing?

What I'm proposing is that if people would like to they can use pink dragons in an even gen pattern to make up a lineage that is shared in this thread. I'm fine either way with using the name Hope, whether you would prefer I did or didn't. But I'd take as many CB pink dragons as it took to build the lineage, named appropriately. And share what I'm doing here. As an auxiliary if you prefer.

I'm fine with having the dragons I use for this be exclusive to the lineage and have dedicated mates, as you've done with the other dragons in the lineage. I would like to do a bit of a story lineage with them. I'm not sure exactly what it will say yet.

What I'm proposing is that if people would like to they can use pink dragons in an even gen pattern to make up a lineage that is shared in this thread. I'm fine either way with using the name Hope, whether you would prefer I did or didn't. But I'd take as many CB pink dragons as it took to build the lineage, named appropriately. And share what I'm doing here. As an auxiliary if you prefer.

I'm fine with having the dragons I use for this be exclusive to the lineage and have dedicated mates, as you've done with the other dragons in the lineage. I would like to do a bit of a story lineage with them. I'm not sure exactly what it will say yet.

That sounds like a great idea! I think you should do it. smile.gif It's also great to see cancer survivors on here. Gives a whole new meaning to the name Hope.

So, would lineages be shared between scrolls in some way or would each person be building their own? I really like the idea, I am just trying to find out more about what you wanted to do. I guess if it is a story lineage it would all need to be done on one scroll.

I don't think it would need to be confined to one scroll if people wanted to share. Yes, if I do a story lineage that would all be on my scroll because it doesn't make a lot of sense to spread it out. But others could do similar lineages and share if you were all ok with it. I wouldn't be opposed to offering offspring here either, even if they only have part of the story. Maybe it's something others could add their own thoughts to.

Maybe we all could tell stories witH Our dragons but there is a twist wiht an overall simple sentence in the story. Or you do the same thing that i did in this Post. alot.png

SomEthing with HOPE of course like all letter of tHe dragOns names are lowercase and the sentence over the whole lineage is in uPpErcase.

HOPEfully tHis is nOt too inconsPicuous for thE future HOPE lineages.