Completely Different

I just finished watched the entire series, and I must say, I'm more than impressed. It's absolutely wonderful. The art, the story, everything!

The movie on the other hand... I feel ashamed for that movie. With all the details put into the show and the world it takes place in, the movie had the potential to be the epic of all epics. Unfortunately someone let a bad director get their hands on it, and ruined the crap out of it dry.gif

If there must be another movie, I hope for a complete reboot with a new (good) director and everything, rather than let M. Night Shamawhatever (seriously can't ever spell his name) do sequels.

I think whats-his-name approached Nickelodeon for the movie, so the other movies will probably be no better.

I had a friend on Wizard101 that controlled water in a RP. We go to an area with no water. (It was me, her, and my friend.) She says, "There's no water here, so I guess I have to control the water in your blood.". She then proceeds to control our blood. After we get her to leave, I say, " That ungrateful little girl, acting like we're puppets and she is the puppetmaster!" Lol, I'm an ATLA fan.

I lurve the series. <3 I own the 2nd one. Had to order it, lol.

The movie... Ehh. I watched it before I watched the cartoon, so I thought it epic when I saw it at the cinema. xd.png

I love the series! smile.gif And to be honest I don't hate the movie at all, I actually really enjoyed watching it! Yea, the series is better, but the movie isn't really such a disaster as people told me it was!

Series was amazing. It was very creative, really entertaining, and well executed. I'm not sure why some people dismissed it as just a kids show. I'm no kid and I loved it. I still do.

Movie was decent if you didn't make the connection to the show. However, that takes an uninformed or disciplined perspective. The biggest problem was it messed up the show so bad that if you made any connection at all it was downright wretched. Don't get me started and make me rant about it.

The new series Korra looks like it'll be sick.

I Hope they keep making more series even after that because I can't get enough of the Avatar universe (in cartoon form of course).

I am a huge Avatar: The Last Airbender fan! <3 It was great series with good, clean comedy and a splendid ending. ^^

I was EXTREMELY disappointed in the movie. They totally butchered it and changed so many things that were totally unecessarry! Now I could complain and rant about the movie all day but I'm just going to put it aside for now so I don't get started, lol.

Avatar: the Last Airbender is my favorite show EVER! biggrin.gif I love all the characters; they were so well thought out and developed and everything! My favorite is Katara because she's almost just like me in personality and appearance even! The plot is amazing, too. One problem I have with stories where there are four groups is that they have one that they make look really really good and then one where everyone's pure evil, but Avatar makes sure to show that there's good and bad in everyone, which is something I salute about them, amongst many things. I remember watching the first episode when it originally came out and the finale later. biggrin.gif The live action movie was awful, just about as bad as the Percy Jackson movie. dry.gif And I am so so SO excited for Avatar: the Legend of Korra! I really like her new polar-bear-arctic-wolf-thing, but then again, I love all of the animals in the series. :3 My favorite episodes are the one with the Firebeding masters, the one where you learn the stories of Sozen and Roku, The Drill, all the ones with the Water Tribes, The Library, any episode with Jet, The finales' episodes, the one with King Bumi, The Boiling Rock Part 1, The Boiling Rock part 2......

Well, this rant could go on and on, but I think I've said enough.

Sorry for bringing this old topic back, but I'm currently watching the show for the first time ever.

I watched the first two books in four days and already started with book 3.

I really like it, even though I think some things could have been better.

My favorite character is Iroh, I really really love him and I'm very upset about what happened in the end of book 2. I don't know whether I'll ever be able to forgive Zuko what he did. I really liked him in book 2, he seemed to have changed, and then .. I hate him at the moment mad.gif

I also like Aang very much, and Momo and Appa (I was soooo sad when he got abducted).

Well, there's few character I dislike, but I hate Azula!

My favorite character is Zuko, Because he seems to be the most real to me, mainly because hes not happy all the time, i also like his additude i think.

Also, Azula and Mae are my least favorite... >.>

And Toph is up there with my favorites. >.>

I kind of liked Toph, just because she was really fun to watch. She was the toughest girl I'd ever seen on TV in a long time. She was just so strong and fearless I couldn't help but like her.

Dudes, Azula was like my favorite 8D I wish we could have known what happened to her in the end!

I think Azula got locked up. She really started to slip at the end. She was pretty insane. I'd have locked her up.

I think Azula got locked up. She really started to slip at the end. She was pretty insane. I'd have locked her up.

We know that, but I want to know what happened to her after that. Did she escape? Did she rot and die in jail? I wish LoK could have touched on that a bit, I really did enjoy Azula's character... plus I wanna know if she had any descendants biggrin.gif

I kind of doubt she ever reproducing, considering her level of crazy and her seducing skills.

Hey, I would have her babies if I could.

._.

To everyone who wonders about Azula: Apparently there will a be a Graphic Novel series called "The Search", dealing with Zuko's search after his mother and what happened to Azula.

Yeah...lots of stuff they never really covered. I hated Zuko at the beginning of the series, but that was because he was the bad guy. But when he tried to be good, and he couldn't figure out how to say it to Aang's team, I completely forgot how evil he was in the beginning. Plus, they changed his haircut. Near the end, you kind of forgot he had that scar on his face.

Yeah...lots of stuff they never really covered. I hated Zuko at the beginning of the series, but that was because he was the bad guy. But when he tried to be good, and he couldn't figure out how to say it to Aang's team, I completely forgot how evil he was in the beginning. Plus, they changed his haircut. Near the end, you kind of forgot he had that scar on his face.

I didn't hate Zuko in the beginning. I always thought that he wasn't really evil, just a boy trying to be accepted by his father. I hated him in the end of book 2 when he teamed up with Azula, but after he left the fire nation for good and folloewd the gaang to join them, I began to like him.

In the end he was my favorite alongside Iroh (who I liked since the very first episode), Aang, Sokka and Toph.

I love this show, so much. I remember watching bits of it from when I was a kid, and it first came out, but not much. I recently decided to re-watch the series, as well as get my little sister addicted to it... And I've completely fallen in love with it again! And that movie was awful. Me and my freind watched about the first 10 minutes before we couldn't watch it anymore (And this was before I even rewatched the series). It might be kind of fun to re-watch it after finishing the series, just to make fun of it and point out as many mistakes as I can.

Also, just curious, is anyone else here a huge fan of Tokka (Toph and Sokka romance)?

Also, just curious, is anyone else here a huge fan of Tokka (Toph and Sokka romance)?

Oh yeah. :3 Tokka is my flagship.

I've been watching all of the Avatar Extras on Nicktoons, and I'm falling in love with Avatar all over again. I love all of the notes on it. biggrin.gif

even thought it was a looooong time ago,

the show was awesome. movie stunk. so many things they got wrong! if you get film rights you should at least do a better job at trying to be accurate. but thats just my opinion ;)

wub.gif

Amazing show. If only I could be an Air or Water bender! Omg. Every once in a while I practice my Air bending skills anyway tongue.gif

This is definitely a show that I adore and I will never forgot how I managed to see the series premier (and was freaked out since I thought I was going to miss it), because I knew it would be epic before I really got into the show.

For the movie, I've heard more than enough to know to stay away from it. I typically don't like animated shows/books turned into movies anyway (mostly books), so I wasn't about to ruin my opinion on the show because of that.

@SoiledLove I liked him too, but only in the end. I totally hated him in the earlier seasons and I was pissed off at everything he was doing to Aang, but I understand where he was coming from and can't really blame him for it. I think he really got the worst of everything sometimes =/ I still don't really know what happened to his mom : (

Edited by DeathCry

I love the show so much! I'm a mini pyromaniac, so I want to be able to Firebend. biggrin.gif My favorite episodes:

The Puppetmaster

Tales of Ba Sing Se

The Cave Of Two Lovers (Is that what it's called? I forgot. D:)

I first watched Korra because my friend told me to and just loved it. Now, after so long break without the second season

I decided to watch the first Avatar and loved it even more. I really like the storyline and all the characters. And I think Appa is just too cute ^^

Edited by Paddlefoot