Completely Different

Our last topic about it poofed. So, in honour of the new live action movie coming out this summer, I decided to create a new one.

For those who don't know, the story is set in a mythical realm where certain people are able to control elements specific to their nations. A war has been raging for 100 years. In the ice, two children find a boy who is the Avatar, and has the ability to control all four elements. They set off on a journey to save the world, followed by the Prince Zuko of the Fire Nation, who is on a quest to capture him...

Thoughts on the TV show? The movie?

Edit:

Well, seeing as the bad reviews out-weigh the bad ones 1 to 10, I'd say the movie was a fail.

But if you've never seen the series, don't let the movie ruin it for you. I tell you now; search up the first episode and see how amazing the source material was

Newest Trailer:

Trailer

Other Trailer

Edited by Completely Different

I love the TV show - the movie, however, I dun wanna see. One of the reasons the TV show was so good was because it had fantastic grip on animation. That's like... Looney Tunes without the insanity...

I need to finish the TV show, but I can't find it on youtube and hulu doesn't work on my computer.

It's pretty good. I like Momo.

I need to finish the TV show, but I can't find it on youtube and hulu doesn't work on my computer.

It's pretty good. I like Momo.

There's this site called toonsurfer that works pretty well....just search 'avatar watch toonsurfer', and you should get it.

And momo's awesome.

Momo's wings are awesome.

... *cough* Actually, they suck. Just kidding.

Iroh is made of win.

I did finish the series, but I skipped a lot of episodes, so I'm in the process of going back and seeing which ones I missed.

If the movie follows the original well and doesn't totally screw it up, then I'm watching it. If it does, then no way.

I'm looking forward to the movie and love the TV show. My sister and I will probably go and see the movie when it comes out.

Just been re-watching it. ^^ Iroh is epic, and Momo is adorable.

I loved the TV series with all my heart, but the movie...

M. Night. Shyamalan. WHAT THE F---(goes into long, explicative loaded rant about how Shymalan directs horror movies and shouldn't have been allowed within twenty feet of this script.)

I liked, like, the first three episodes of the show. After that point, it sucks.

And I won't be seeing the movie.

I was a freak of the TV series for some years ago, and I still like 'em. (:

Dunno about the movie, I'll see it at least. :3

I loved the TV series with all my heart, but the movie...

M. Night. Shyamalan. WHAT THE F---(goes into long, explicative loaded rant about how Shymalan directs horror movies and shouldn't have been allowed within twenty feet of this script.)

Well, really, he's the only reason this movie is being made, any way. He and his family are bigs fans of the show, and he thought it would make a great movie, so offered to make it.

I'm never really seen much of his work, but he did direct a few good movies, right? And with the show's creators to keep him in line, it shouldn't be too bad.

I'm never really seen much of his work, but he did direct a few good movies, right? And with the show's creators to keep him in line, it shouldn't be too bad.

I liked the 6th Sense, Unbreakable, Signs and the Village (which, funnily, is loved in Europe and hated in the US, as I've read). The Girl in the Water, or whatever it's called, not so much.

I'll probably give the movie a try.

Edited by lightbird

Hm on the movie, love the series.

ABRIDGED FTW!

Yes I am so excited about the movie! I'm hoping it's going to be awesome but I have doubts. M Night S is either A++++ or fail. My favorite part was when Tav figured out how to get out of that metal cage! I love this show soooo much... maybe a little too much.... I still have to finish the last season though, I don't know how it ended yet. I hope the movie is cool. sad.gif

I saw a trailer while watch Percy Jackson, and man, I loved the trailer as much as the PJ movie. It looks amazing, even if I couldn't see Zuko's scar and Aang's tattoos are different and stuff. It looks worth it if only for the bending special effects.

So can't wait.

The guy that played Jasper in Twilight is Sokka in this, and I'm really curious to see how that goes. They're two VEEERRRY different characters, they look incredibly different, I want to see how he pulls it off.

Plus I want to see the actual plot of the movie, is it like the Eclipse arc, the finale arc, the beginning? ...damn I really hope they don't try to compress 3 seasons into one movie. ._.

Plus I want to see the actual plot of the movie, is it like the Eclipse arc, the finale arc, the beginning? ...damn I really hope they don't try to compress 3 seasons into one movie. ._.

I'm fairly sure it is an abridged (I know what you're thinking) version of the first book. Everything I've seen so far fits - no Toph, Yue, finding Aang, Zuko's bad, etc.

Ooooh, ew, the guy as Zuko is kinda ugly.

And they're trying to cram the whole first season into a movie...granted, they'll probably only show the most important stuff like the first couple episodes, Southern Temple, and then all the North Tribe, but really.

I see a pretty princess and kissy face~

M. Night Shama-whats-his-face just plain sucks.

The TV show was hella-better.

I liked the show, but I only watched it every once in a while. I just never got into it as much as I would've liked.

I saw the trailer for the movie eight times in the theater; once for every time I saw Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. xd.png It looks interesting, so I'll definitely see it. Besides, I'm curious as to how Shamalan will go about directing it, since he's more of a horror movie guy.

Where the hell is Zuko's scar? The guy had half of his face burnt, how could they ever miss that D:?

Why does Aang have tribal like tatoos!? Where are the pure light blue arrows D:?

And why the hell are the waterbenders dressed in brown!?! They are not eskimos >.>... at least not regular ones xd.png

I love the series... and I really hope this movie is good!