Completely Different

Tales of Ba Sing Se is a great episode- specifically the Tale of Iroh. You just can't help but be touched by Iroh's emotion in that episode.

As far as favorites go- well, that's hard, since I have trouble with those. But I like the 'flashback' eppies ('The Storm', 'Zuko Alone', and 'The Avatar and the Firelord'). I also love The Boiling Rock, Appa's Lost Days, and the Blue Spirit.

That's my favorite in Tales of Ba Sing Se, the end brings tears to my eyes smile.gif

Leaves from the vine

Falling so slowly

Like fragile, tiny shells

Floating in the foam

Little soldier boy

Come marching home

Brave soldier boy

Comes marching home

Those leaves did grow, from

Branches overgrown

Drifting slowly down

resting on the loam

Little soldier boy, comes marching home

Forced to fight a war

That's not his own.

Edited by Moondragon55

Oh gosh! I can't believe I just noticed this topic. When Avatar first came out I thought it was some silly kids show on Nickelodeon and would always change the channel it was on. But then recently my 10 year old brother watched the whole series on Netflix and told me that I should try it. I started watching it in July and finished the entire series maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago. It was so brilliant. I really loved how interesting and complex each of the characters were. It's like every episode there was a different side of them and they went through so much and still came out strong in the end. These days TV is soo full of censorkip.gif but this series is seriously a masterpiece to me. I enjoyed the fusion of eastern and western cultures into the animation. Just AHH I can't get enough of this show, I love it so much that I'm watching it through for the 2nd time. I don't know if I can pick just one favorite episode but Tales of Ba Sing Se was great, I know I had tears in my eyes (although I'm one of those weird people who likes details at the end about the characters future lives so I wish we could have gotten a peak at the characters as adults and happy!) I can't really pick just ONE favorite character because I enjoyed them all in their own special way but Zuko and Sokka are definitely at the top of my list <3

Maan, I was so happy when I saw Netflix added Avatar to the instant play list. When my family first got Netflix, we got in three DVDs at a time, so I made a queue for myself and made it so I could get my own discs while the family got the other two... But then we went to one DVD at a time and my queue is just collecting dust. The terrible thing was I had just seen a cliffhanger of an episode of Avatar, but couldn't see the next one because it was on the next disc. >.<

So, I've been watching all the episodes over from the beginning with Netflix's instant play thingy. ^.^ Just started the Second Book today.

I downloaded them all, and am in the process of watching them in order, start to finish, for the 5th time! I have no life, yes. But I love Avatar. I heard the movie was horrible. I didn't go see it; do I want to?

I love Iroh's song from Tales of Ba Sing Se. The series is awesome, my favorite episode is Nightmares and Daydreams I think it was called. I loved Appa and Momo in it xd.png The series is good, but I hear the movie was a total flunk. The first time I saw the trailer, of course I was jumping up and down wanting to go see it but now, I'm not so sure.

I went and saw the movie....despite being directed by M. Night Sh**-a-lot...it was still ...kinda good. Even a director as lousy as he is couldn't completely destroy a series like this....but he did do a pretty decent job at running it into the ground. I dare say that train wreck won't produce a sequel any time soon.

This should serve as a lesson to producers, NOT to put potentially great movies in the hands of moronic directors.

To the earlier conversation...

Tales of Ba Sing Se was awesome - well, the Iroh and Momo story were good, at least. >_> I don't like romance, and I just plain wasn't that fond of Toph's and Aang's. But Momo's was pretty good, and Iroh's was excellent. It sucks, man - I have emotional problems (like everyone else in my family - except where my family is angry and prone to violence, I'm a complete crybaby and pushover, so I cry nonstop. Hell, Jurassic Bark from Futurama made me cry so much that I've only seen it once, can never stand to watch it again... I can't read the Silverwing series again since it depressed me for a month...) and that part did not help them at all. >___>

Favorite episode, though... The Blue Spirit was awesome.

Just got past where I had last seen, so new episodes for me. I was thoroughly shocked by the episode Lake Laogai. Iroh got mad? Longshot actually talked? That episode was pretty awesome...

Ooh, all the episodes in Ba Sing Se (except for Tales of Ba Sing Se) were really creepy.

I already finished the series and saw the movie! I was happy when I found out SPOILERS that they only made the first book into a movie! It's gonna be a triology!

I already finished the series and saw the movie! I was happy when I found out SPOILERS that they only made the first book into a movie! It's gonna be a triology!

Like I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't count on another movie, at least not for a pretty long time. They shouldn't have let M. Night Sh**-a-lot (Shyamalan) direct it, then it could have been a lot better than it was. As it stands, its low performance may have scrapped plans for a sequel of any kind for years to come.

At the very least, I would expect them not to have Shyamalan direct it again. Gods forbid, I will NOT see another movie with his name in the cast/crew.

Like I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't count on another movie, at least not for a pretty long time. They shouldn't have let M. Night Sh**-a-lot (Shyamalan) direct it, then it could have been a lot better than it was. As it stands, its low performance may have scrapped plans for a sequel of any kind for years to come.

At the very least, I would expect them not to have Shyamalan direct it again. Gods forbid, I will NOT see another movie with his name in the cast/crew.

From what I heard, it was Shyamalan who approached Nick to make a movie- there hadn't been any plans, but he was apparently a big fan of the show, and wanted to make a movie out of it.

So, the irony is, I don't think they have any choice.

So, downloaded all episodes and watched a few today.

This actually seems very effortlessly entertaining.

/didn't expect this

Ok, I just saw the movie and I have to type while it's fresh.

-They completely ****ed up the names. Ugh. It was so annoying. I hated that.

-SUCH. BAD. ACTING. AND. WRITING.

-Soh-kuh (jeez) has no facial expression. It's Jasper from Twilight, and I hear people say Kristen has no face movement, but damn neither does he! He wasn't bad looking, but boy had a totally blank expression.

-Appa and Momo were cute for what little they were in there. X3

-Zhao was done all wrong. ALL wrong. Just pfft.

-They showed the Fire Lord, and I swear all I saw was Rocky.

-There were two scenes with the FL and Iroh were they got random accents. That was annoying.

-I watched it as a comedy, and I had many lulz.

-The whole Yue-dying scene was so wrong. SSSSSSSOOOOOOO WRONG.

-They should have kept it at moon-spirit-Avatar-state Aang kicking some FN ass instead of throwing in that random Matrix-ripoff crap.

-Earth benders stomping to bring in this tiny leetle rock while everyone else was bringing up big 6'x4' walls with one arm motion was both WTF and LMFAO.

-Changing it to fire benders not being able to make fire was stupid, because they had to break that when Zuko broke through the ice and again when he had to melt himself out.

-I have to say it again, it's just that paramount: SO MANY BAD LINES! What the hell. I'm pretty sure I could have written it better/closer to the original.

-The scene with the Blue Spirit. Zuko, you're not a cripple. Jesus H. Stop walking like one. However, while completely unfaithful to the original scene, the bit with Aang in the circle thing moving the floating blinds was cool.

There's probably more, but I'm distracted and forgetting.

"Let's show them we believe in our beliefs as much as they believe in theirs!"

"Earthbenders, there is earth beneath your feet!"

"I am commander zhao, and I set this trap for you."

^

All real quotes from the movie.

Going back to the earlier conversation:

This series really tugs at your heartstrings, doesn't it?

Especially the iroh/lu ten scenes.

I've seen the series many times, and I love it and have done that in years. And I saw the movie a few weeks ago when it came to Sweden (yeah, they're slow to show new movies here since they have to make subtitles that isn't even close to what they say...), and I must say, it was better than what I thought it would be. Though, it was quite many things I didn't like about it, too many things were changed and they didn't take things I think should have been in it, etc.

And now I want to watch some movies, lol. x'd

I was in the theater's like opening night.. and the entire theater was in disbelief at how terrible the movie was... how do you twist the source material so drastically!?

The show.. pure love. I just thought it was another kid's show until I actually sat down and watched it one day. It's just.. magcially delicious.

I saw it a few times, but..

I haven't seen all the episodes, far from it, but I liked watching it.

I don't want to watch the movie, I've heard it sucks.

I remember seeing it on TV and thinking it was a kids show. I dismissed it. My little cousins were visiting and watching it on TV. I rolled my eyes, and dismissed it. Saw the trailer for the movie and thought, hmm, that looks fun. Watched the entire series, streamed on one site or another. LOVED IT. Watched it over and over again. Coaxed my sisters to watch the movie with me in 3D. Was soo dismayed and disappointed. Convinced one of my sisters to watch the series which was replaying on TV. She liked it too.

Purchased all 3 seasons on DVD. Now I don't have to fuss with pop-up ads, possibility of spyware/malware/virus, and hunt for good quality streams online.

Yeah, the movie sucked. I heard that the the people who created the movie didn't refer to the people who made the show. WTF, if you are making a movie based off a show then you should refer to the people who made it. The animated series was awesome, me and my friends used to pretend we were in the avatar world like 7 years ago. I was always water nation. The movie ruined this shows reputation.

Movie: haven't seen it yet

Animated series: best show ever, looks better than that anime crap from japan

I just finished watched the entire series, and I must say, I'm more than impressed. It's absolutely wonderful. The art, the story, everything!

The movie on the other hand... I feel ashamed for that movie. With all the details put into the show and the world it takes place in, the movie had the potential to be the epic of all epics. Unfortunately someone let a bad director get their hands on it, and ruined the crap out of it dry.gif

If there must be another movie, I hope for a complete reboot with a new (good) director and everything, rather than let M. Night Shamawhatever (seriously can't ever spell his name) do sequels.