Completely Different

This really summed up my feelings about the movie:

"...I loved the animated series deeply. I felt connected to the characters, the plot, and the story. It was well-written, wonderfully conceived, and beautifully executed. Shyamalan has taken one of the best animated series I have seen and destroyed it. He tore it to shreds, set it on fire, and then urinated on its smoldering corpse."

This really summed up my feelings about the movie:

"...I loved the animated series deeply. I felt connected to the characters, the plot, and the story. It was well-written, wonderfully conceived, and beautifully executed. Shyamalan has taken one of the best animated series I have seen and destroyed it. He tore it to shreds, set it on fire, and then urinated on its smoldering corpse."

I love whoever wrote that. xd.png

Compare that with something like Naruto, it's really short.

I really wish there was more.. maybe in the new sequel?

I think the length problem was that in the early seasons, it tried too hard to be nonsequential. Like anyone could jump into the series at any time and get what's going on. Compare that to FMA which is 51 episodes and has no length issues because it is more sequential.

Movie got an 8% or so on rottentomatoes...To put that in perspective, Twilight got 13%. D:

...well censorkip.gif, this just broke my heart.

I was super excited for the movie, but hearing all this about it...I knew they'd have to cut a LOT, that it would be a lot more serious, that the characters would probably not be as good as the series, but not that it's a total massacre of the show. D:

I'll still probably go to see it sometime, but now I'm not gonna be near as enthusiastic about it.

Everyone's talking about the movie now, so I'm going to post my favorite episodes (I have a lot):

The Puppetmaster

The Ember Island Players

The Headband

The Painted Lady

The Boiling Rock

Tales of Ba Sing Se

The Blind Bandit

favorites:

The Spirit World

Jet

The Storm

The Waterbending Master

The Seige of The North

The Cave of Two Lovers

Zuko Alone

Bitter Work

The Library

The Desert

Every Bit of their time in ba sing se. Those were good episodes.

Sokka's Master

The Avatar and the Firelord

The Puppetmaster

The Southern Raiders

They changed the names to an Asian pronounceation and they filmed a lot of Kyoshi stuff but they cut it because that was Night's fav part and if they did put it in that would be half the film.

There was one perfect seen, when comander Xhow (no idea how to spell that) caught Aang it was basicly word for word and the blue spirt rocked. Also the dude who plade Zuko sounded a lot like Zuko. Despite a few missing characters, the bounty hunter woman, Haru, and Jet it was ok. Who knows maby we'll see them in the seccond one.

I just finished watching the last episode today. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the series, but now I have nothing else to watch. D:

Oh well, it's back to Sailor Moon for me. xd.png

I'm kinda nervous to watch the movie. From the reviews I've read, it sounds awful. I really don't want to watch one of my favourite story lines slaughtered on the big screen.

Tales of Ba Sing Se is one of my favorites.

I dunno, I love them all. :3

OHMYGODNOOOOOOO. D:

Freaking made me cry! Every time!

Next time, I think I'm just gonna cut it off at Toph and Katara pwning those snobby censorkip.gif*es and NOT watch Iroh.

/bawls

Iroh and Zuko's make my cry EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I half wish the story could just stop there, with them living happily in Ba Sing Se, and Zuko marrying the girl and stuff.

I wish there was good fanfiction of it, but I'm doubtful.

Probably isn't.

I have mixed feelings about the Random City Girl. She was sweet and clueless. Zuko was NEVARRRR meant for that.

I also don't like him with Mai, but eh.

i havnt seen the movie yet but i haerd it had realy bad reviews so im niot ganna see it i didnt want to see it in the first place

Also, it's spelled Toph.

But yeah, avoid Avatar fanfiction. It's either lemon and/or out of character

Yeah, on the whole, you're right. I've found very, very few good gems in the Avatar fandom.

One story I definitely liked was an AU- which is strange for me, since I don't usually enjoy them. It features and amnesiac Zuko, and takes some of the darker elements in the show and pronounces them.

Compare that with something like Naruto, it's really short.

I really wish there was more.. maybe in the new sequel?

I have a rant about Anime Vs. Western animation but I will save you from it. I, however thoroughly stand by my belief that it didn't over stay it's welcome.

There is going to be a sequel.

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar:_Legend_of_Korra

I have a rant about Anime Vs. Western animation but I will save you from it. I, however thoroughly stand by my belief that it didn't over stay it's welcome.

There is going to be a sequel.

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar:_Legend_of_Korra

I think I just wet myself. ohmy.gif

Did anyone else think the episode sequence with Zuko and his sister and her friends was weird? To me the whole final book was very strange, like they were filler episodes or something.

Edited by Odio

all I have to say is I made a zutara choker and wear it everyday so that pretty much tells everyone my views on the show (still like it but zutara would have been an epic way to end it.)

Edited by CynderSafeer

hi! this show is my favorite animated series, its totally epic. saw the movie, and it was ok, but the show is better because they didnt mess up the names ahaha.

sorry for jumping in on this if its a conversation

M. Night Shama... (I won't even try) suceeded in what Fire Lord Ozai and his ancestor could not do... he killed the Avatar...

M. Night Shama... (I won't even try) suceeded in what Fire Lord Ozai and his ancestor could not do... he killed the Avatar...

That is epic... and true

That is epic... and true

Thankfully, though, people still seem to like the show- that hasn't been lost among the ruins of the movie.

For example, I had a spontaneus long conversation with a bunch of 'popular' girls about Momo. One of them fist-punched when I mentioned Korra.