TheDarkCynder

Rats, Ferrets, Snakes, other exotic animals.

I can't say I've had any particularly exotic pets (fish, anyone?), but I know people who have. My ex-girlfriend used to have two pet rats, which were absolutely adorable little creatures. They were always so friendly, I can't understand why anyone would think they're aggressive and always bite people. We were both really upset when they died, even though they managed to live to a really good age. They were both about five or six years old when they passed away. sad.gif

My auntie used to keep zebra finches as well. They're cute, yes, but god knows those things never shut up. If anyone's thinking of keeping them, I recommend earplugs if you don't want to always be distracted by twittering and cheeping.

my mom was allergic to cats, dogs, and birds, so i had to look at other pet options. one day, i heard about pet rats, and i thought that sounded cool, so i started researching about them. i learned that they were very friendly and the lest likely out of all pet rodents to bite. So, after much begging, convincing and an allergy test, i finally got one for my birthday. she was the best pet anyone could ask for, and i think she thought she was a dog! my whole family loved her, and now we all miss her so much. if anyone wants an exotic pet, rats are awesome wink.gif !

It's not that I don't like rats ance mice, I just feel a little uncomfortable around them.

i don't get why so many people feel that way. I've always found them adorable. maybe because my dad works at a lab and would bring home pictures of the cute mice there<3.

my mom thought that at first, too. but she adored our pet rat. it was really funny remembering her freaking out when she saw a mouse run out of our neighbor's garage, and then remembering her with a rat on her shoulder. and they're not disgusting as in dirty. they wash themselves several times a day.

I had a rabbit he was a Dutch mix I had had him for a year and a half but just last week he som how got into a plant and ate it but it was poisons to him and he died I really miss him sad.gif …… my dad had a pet rat whe nhe was young it was an albino I think and I always wanted one and one of my friends had a hole cage of little white mice they were so cute and my sister had a bearded dragon (lizard) he is the nicest lizard ever we got him when he was just a baby and have had him for I don’t know how many years…… now if you can believe this what I really want is a pet crow but the only birds I’ve had are the ones I’ve found lost or hurt like I once had a baby quall but he was to sick when I found him and he died a week latter. I found a baby mud swallow and I got to keep him for a day until we could get him to the animal shelter.

Pft, grim, just grab one from LA or somesuch. They'll probably even pay you.

Probably, they are pests in Arkansas too.

Anyways, I have a little red-eared slider, I call Myrtle. I am not entirely certain, but I think think she is female.

Pft, grim, just grab one from LA or somesuch. They'll probably even pay you.

Ugh, everything in california is illegal. I really need to move.

But yeah, daww nutria.

user posted image

HOLY CRAP. That...

I think I've met that dude in the pic! I was in Louisiana, and on one of those swamp tour boats, and they had a nutria and fed it lollipops! Holy censorkip.gif! Man, if that's the same nutria, 's growwwwwwnnnn.

Currently have rabbits, a dog, and a very hearty goldfish. Used to own hamsters and turtles. My beta fish never lasted long. Do angelfish count as exotic?

My father also kept salt water and fresh water fish, a parrot, and a couple of other birds many years ago. I am not sure what kind they were since I was very young at that time. He gave them away when we moved.

The Konami Track & Field ad below is distracting.

My favorite pets would be the dog and the rabbits. Hamsters were cute and would be interested in owning them again, but rabbits are of a better size for cuddling and with softer fur.

I don't have any pets, but I would love to adopt a gecko or iguana... they both require a lot of attention, I'm not sure I can handle them now. Well, maybe someday I will.

I think I had an albino rabbit before and a baby tortoise(I dunno what kind). Is that considered exotic?

I really want to keep something rare or exotic, but my parents won't let me. D:

I think I had an albino rabbit before and a baby tortoise(I dunno what kind). Is that considered exotic?

I really want to keep something rare or exotic, but my parents won't let me. D:

An exotic animal is something most people usually don't think of as a pet. tongue.gif

I have cockatiel, among other pets, if that counts as exotic. I adopted her after she was found flying around and we couldn't find the owner.

I hope this includes gerbils C:

I had three gerbils. They died pretty fast, while I was away at camp. Then we got two more, and these lived for a few months before HAVING BABIES. We seperated them up into boys and girls, giving my brother the tank with 3 boys while I kept the one with 2 girls. Recently, the mother gerbil died. We;re thinking of getting a companion or two for my little girl.

And my friend has an adorable chinchilla. 8D

Ferrets are adorable. We used to have a pet albino rat. I remember her from when I was really little and probably shouldn't remember anything because I was about two when she died. I think. I'm not sure. Her name was Sally.