TheDarkCynder

Rats, Ferrets, Snakes, other exotic animals.

Well My sister has had Rats, she has Hermit Crabs (Tho I'm not sure they are even alive still...), Ive had Siamise Fighting fish, and I have my Beautiful White Fantailed Pigeons!

I have 6 Adults and 1 Baby at my house, and I haven't counted how many are on my farm (There is only one white one tho, all the rest are different colors)

One of the Adult's is my Hand Raised Pigeon Jingles.

user posted image

Isn't he beautiful! But watch out... he bites!!! (no really, he does, and it HURTS!!)

Most people say "ewwe, you have a PET pigeon!", then when I say it's white, they say "ohhw, it must be gorgeous!"

THE OTHER COLORS ARE ALL JUST AS GOOD AS WHITE ONES!!!

I enetr them is bird shows, and my other colored birds win more often than my whites!

I enetr them is bird shows, and my other colored birds win more often than my whites!

I never knew there were bird shows!

Very pretty bird btw biggrin.gif

There is, my pigeon's are classed as "Fancy", and there are fancy, meat and Racing types, and all are regularly shown. And I mostly only show at the local show/fair.

There are also poultry shows, canary shows, Budgie shows.... almost any type of domestic bird you could think of has a show!

I have a nearly 7 year old female mosaic chinchilla at the moment. Her name is Scout. smile.gif

Here she is with Bernard, one of the papillons:

user posted image

Find the Scout:

user posted image

user posted image

We also have 5 dogs, 3 horses, and some fish. My favorite fish is a giant male betta named Monstro.

Edited by Rabs

My rat, Beatrix isn't doing so well. She seems... down. Shes moving slow and her eyes aren't fully open, and she seems to have a stuffy nose. I can't tell if it's from the chest. Tonight i'm going to take a hot shower and have her in the room to 'steam' her. -sigh- Another vet appointment soon.

After all the stuff on IRC and such with rats, I'm really wanting to get another rodent...

My rat Beowulf will meet the vet he's so afraid of on Thursday. Gotta get rid of the mites now that I have the payment ready.

On the other hand, three new babies on wednesday <3

Guys, look, look ;__;!

Hraesvelgur:

user posted image

[ Large image of Hraesvelgur ]

Rein:

user posted image

Aremar:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

edited for info: So, these are my three new babies. 6 weeks, reeeally small little eepers.

Also, Beowulf had his vet today, I'm sure he'll never go in from that door again. Three shots in the back of his neck and the vet couldn't get the medicine in, he was fighting back so hard. Vet ended up with a bleeding wound in the finger - at least it wasn't me this time.

I'll be giving him the medicine orally during the next week then.

Way to go warrior XD

Edited by Kiraine

I think I would really like a ferret or two, but my parents always look at me funny when I say this and they tell me that they smell up to high heaven. But they are so cute and with regular cleaning of their facilities the smell shouldn't be terrible, or else who would put up with them?

And I loved the pics of the mosaic chinchilla, especially with the papillon, she looks huge. lol.

What're your views on misconceptions: They're cute, furry night timers that are trying to live their lives.

Do you agree with my friends? Hell no I don't agree with your friends

Do you disagree and wish to feast on their dirty flesh? They wouldn't do that unless they HAVE to.

Do you wish to do the statement about, but without any violence? Yes

Do you have any 'exotic' animals? I use to have about 21+3+3+1+3+3 = 30 hamsters, 1 chinchilla, 1 rat, 5 mice, 1 rabbit and 7 + 5 = gunipigs

30+3+5+13= 51 misconceptions pets and almost all dead. The chinchilla is still alive and so is the rabbit.

I once had my friend's rat crawl up my arm, across my shoulders and simply hang out on the back of my neck. Its tail kept swatting me on the nose and its little claws tickled but I loved it anyway. And all my friends were grossed out and wouldn't touch it. They called me 'Rat Queen' for about a year.

As for your questions, I ADORE rats and mice. Obviously, your friends are cat people are are just WAITING for you to turn your back so their cats can eat your awesome pets. But if rats do eat dirty flesh, so do we. Just think how dirty pigs and cows are. Tell your friends rats are eating the same things they put in jello and hamburgers.

PS: Rats arent exotic. If you want exotic, I have a cat that... *mutters something under breath* Well it isnt important what he does. Let's just say he is pretty darn exotic.

I would like have a rat but with four dogs my mum wont allow it!

I use to have a meerkat but it died of age!

PS: Rats arent exotic. If you want exotic, I have a cat that... *mutters something under breath* Well it isnt important what he does. Let's just say he is pretty darn exotic.

Rats aren't exotic. They're found in every corner of the world, yet hardly any vet knows how to treat them. xd.png

My cat's really exotic, too. A real tiger. :|

My pet isn't quite as exotic as a tiger but i have two bearded dragons one pregnant sandfire and one male regular.

Rats are great pets. The people who compare them to wild rats don't know what they are talking about. Those are two different groups of animals. They are very very intelligent and able to learn a lot of stuff. I know people who can carry them around without leashes outdoors and they stay with them. Really fascinating animals.

BUT: You say you have a cat. Are you sure that a cat and a rat are a good pairing?

BUT: You say you have a cat. Are you sure that a cat and a rat are a good pairing?

user posted image

A breeder I got one of my boys from had three cats. They got perfectly well along with the rats, the rats even stole their food when they were eating and slept next to them, no problem. It's up to training and guts.

edit: Just to make clear, myself I lack both the skills in training and the guts, so my cat was locked out of the room when I lived with mom - when I moved out, cat stayed with mom for the good of us all. They have a stronger bond than I do with the kitty, and now I don't have to worry about locked doors. Can keep my rats anywhere I want biggrin.gif

Edited by Kiraine

I want a rat so bad, but my caretaker says we have so many cats it might make the poor thing nervous. That and she doesn't like rats.

Bah.

So two of my budgies paired up and produced 6 eggs... Then midnight last night I was awoken to the chirping of a little one! :-3

I had a vid came hooked up to the nest book and my computer because I wanted to see the hatch, but alas... Despite the computer webcome feedback seeing I forgot to turn the light on. Not I missed much, mum wouldn't liet me see her baby.

The only time she did I opened the box to peep in and mum side swiped herchick with her tail towards me. (Its her first chick, but... Seriously?!?!?).

Its so tiny! happy.gif

Now to see if her other 5 will hatch!

I'm looking into purchasing a fox kit. ^.^ It'd be a couple generations domesticated. I've put a lot of time into researching them and wouldn't mind to have one. Sadly, I'm not sure if there are any breeders in my state and my state has a ban on taking exotic pets in from other states. D: So, my idea has a massive political bullet hole in it. Yay. *rolls eyes*

Rats aren't exotic. They're found in every corner of the world, yet hardly any vet knows how to treat them. xd.png

My cat's really exotic, too. A real tiger. :|

An exotic pet is a rare or unusual animal pet, or an animal kept as a pet which is not commonly thought of as a pet.

Exotic animals don't have to be found in every corner in the world. They are considered exotic.

http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/resourcesge...ticpetsatoz.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exotic_pet

So yes, rats are exotic.

Why do you own a tiger? Are you fostering it?

My mom fostered a lion cub a long time ago.

Edited by TheDarkCynder