TheDarkCynder

Rats, Ferrets, Snakes, other exotic animals.

My rats.

cage

user posted image

Beatrix

user posted image

Dott

user posted image

(White under neck and chin)

I want a sugar glider.

They are so cute it isn't funny.

I love rats, I used to have two but they died sad.gif. They were really cute and I loved the way that they would wrap their tails around your wrist. I used to walk around with one on each shoulder smile.gif They were so adorable.

I have two chinchillas biggrin.gif I used to have five, but three of them died...

And I want a ferret... or a sugar glider.... and a millipede...

I want a rat so badly, but my mom won't let me have one. I hate all of these stereotypes. People are so bigoted aginst them. They are adorable little guys, and as smart as dogs. I was looking at a website, and a girl said that when she was little, she was crying by her rat cage because her parents yelled at her. The rat handed her one of its crackers.

Also, one of my best friends got a rat named Olive, and she is adorable. Rats all have unique personalities, and people who think they are vermin have never really attempted to befriend one.

PS:Dot and Beatrix are adorable

I also have a Russian Tortoise, and 3 anole lizards.

Edited by satyr76

It is sad but rats don’t get the respect they deserve. The same can be said for snakes too. sad.gif People should be more open minded.

But I have a lizard, a turtle, and many fish that are mine. And the dog and cat really belong to the whole family.

But I would love to have a snake! biggrin.gif

I want a coati! It's a sort of lemur that looks like a cat and has a tail that points straight up. We saw some in Mexico. They ate fish food.

I took care of some rats for a few days until someone could take care of them. I had a stupid science teacher last year who was moved to a bigger room and decided to get a bunch of pets for it. Shortly after she decided she couldn't take care of them and asked the class to find homes for them.

She always used gloves to handle the rats because they bit. But when I brought them home, I played with them with my bare hands and they were adorable. I didn't want to give them up when their new owners were ready to take them.

So yes, enjoy your rats. You'll love them.

Mrrr...

I personally had plenty of ferrets, mice, and rats when I was a child...

My views on misconceptions are simple. GET A LIFE. Dont listen to the other carp people put out there. Go see for yourself. ohmy.gif

I never used to like rats... just because of their teeth and their tails, until I saw some pictures of them with tiny teddy bears. smile.gif Still can't vouch for their personalities, but they can be adorable.

I have a hedgehog. Her name is Kybble, and she is adorable. Grumpy, though...

Hedgehogs can be like that, but some aren't. Anyway, I can definitely say that rats have more personality than most pets, as my friend has one and she (the rat) is amazingly friendly and curious.

I want a fennec fox. Or a chinchilla. Or a bunny. ;_; I really want something soft and fluffy and uber cute looking, but my mom is allergic to pet fur. She says its a miracle she even lets us keep our two part-chihuahua muts. I used to have a bunny when I was really little, but now Mom is all like "You never took care of it! Dad did all the work!"... I was four! At that time I thought feeding Oreo the dandelions from the yard he loved so much WAS taking care of it! D:

So yeah. No furries for me until I move out. D:

Hedgehogs can be like that, but some aren't. Anyway, I can definitely say that rats have more personality than most pets, as my friend has one and she (the rat) is amazingly friendly and curious.

Aww. smile.gif

Also, I was always afraid of and rather disgusted by snakes, but... my friend got one a while back, and I have to admit that she can be a (albeit cold, weird, and temperamental) sweetheart. And it feels SO COOL when she crawls all over you, especially in your hair. And then there are pictures like this:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/61/221621796_0e3b9a8ba2.jpg

That make me love snakes. tongue.gif

I've got a peacock eel tongue.gif

I'd really like to get some freshwater stingrays though!

There's nothing wrong with rats. Squirrels are actully much worse pests but everyone likes squirrels and hates rats. (I think its the tails)

Now if you want bad steriotypes, I used to have Madgascar hissing cockroaches. (the really big ones like in men in black). And they were some of the best pets I ever had. They don't smell, they clean up their own cage (they eat their waste) a handful of cereal will feed a small group for a month (more cockroches would have to be fed more often of course) and a cotton ball moistened once a week takes care of the water needs. Totally awsome pets, and good as first pet since they require so little maintence. cool.gif

I've also had over the years: a large herd of cats (lost count), 3 dogs, 2 cockatiels, 1 cockatoo, 1 parrot, 5 or 6 hamsters, 1 gerbil, 1 rabbit, 1 iguana, and 1 gecko. biggrin.gif

easy to see why zoology was my major in college lol.

I love the cockroaches When I was little, at a zoo, a guy was putting on a show where he showed us a few different exotic pets like bats, tarantulas, etc. I was holding a cockroach, and I loved it. A kid who wanted it next had started to come toward me to get, but by the time I'd turned around to give it to him he'd gotten scared and ran off.

I would love a pet rat. I think they're very interesting and beautiful little things wub.gif I would also love to keep axolotls one day.

In my new house I don't think we'll be allowed to have any pets like that. The landlord says I can have my goldfish, and I wonder if he said yes to that because goldfish are pets that can't sneak outside and mess in other peoples' gardens. In which case, maybe he'd allow me to have an indoor cage pet :3

I have a bunny, but they're not particularly exotic. I've always wanted a pet lizard, like an iguana, or something, they're so nifty! I also kind of want to keep pet crickets, I love it when they chirp. I don't think they'd get along very well with the iguana, though :/.

Beatrix saw the vet a week ago. She seems to be getting a little better, she got a shot. Shes still having a little bit of wheezing fits though, but they're getting shorter and farther apart. <3

A pair of my budgies just mated today. Lets see, the male is a green crested and the female a pale blue... I might get some chicks at last! Either way I won't know for a few days, but possible "mum-to-be" has been digging around her nesting box. :-3

Heres hoping in a few days she lays. <3

When I was growing up I had gerbils and white mice and my brothers had rats - they were all awesome. I had firebelly knewts a few years ago and firebelly toads. We also had some ducks for awhile, but when we moved we gave them to someone who ran a hobby farm.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by lexa000