TheDarkCynder

Rats, Ferrets, Snakes, other exotic animals.

I'm looking into purchasing a fox kit. ^.^ It'd be a couple generations domesticated. I've put a lot of time into researching them and wouldn't mind to have one. Sadly, I'm not sure if there are any breeders in my state and my state has a ban on taking exotic pets in from other states. D: So, my idea has a massive political bullet hole in it. Yay. *rolls eyes*

Hey, I know a lot about foxes as pets. What state?

Hey, I know a lot about foxes as pets. What state?

Really? I live in Michigan. I heard of a fox farm in Dorr, MI but last I knew, the breeder was only breeding for fur and had stopped. D:

The most exotic thing I own at the moment(out of two, lol) are a bunch of purple pincher hermit crabs. During the summer or fall, I want to go online and order a few straws.

Owned em for four years, and I love em to bits.

Those foxes are practically impossible to get a hold of.

In Michigan, you need a license for a fox, but you can get one. I don't know about the reqs for the liscense, or anything, but it's possible.

At least there's hope. xd.png I want a marbled fox, not a silver fox, Geobreeder. I've looked them up and found a breeder in Ohio who sells male marble foxes for $250. wink.gif

Where might I go to get one of the licenses? I've called the DNR and they don't have a clue.

At least there's hope. xd.png I want a marbled fox, not a silver fox, Geobreeder. I've looked them up and found a breeder in Ohio who sells male marble foxes for $250. wink.gif

Where might I go to get one of the licenses? I've called the DNR and they don't have a clue.

Sorry, but I don't know. I know a lot about foxes, not law. I can link you to a forum with a lot of people who might know, though.

Though, some of the Russian foxes turn into marbleds, it's a frequent mutation for them.

Its midnight... I'm thinking of the only domestic fox I know... My brain is slipping into sleep mode. And I have baby chicks on my mind... And other things...That and I'm hyper on fizzy drinks right now.

So my mind went... "foxfoxfoxwhatsafoxagainfoxfoxfoxfoxermthoseSilverthingsfoxfoxfox". xd.png

Its midnight... I'm thinking of the only domestic fox I know... My brain is slipping into sleep mode. And I have baby chicks on my mind... And other things...That and I'm hyper on fizzy drinks right now.

So my mind went... "foxfoxfoxwhatsafoxagainfoxfoxfoxfoxermthoseSilverthingsfoxfoxfox". xd.png

*pats* It's okay, sleepeh one, I understand. xd.png

@7Deadly$ins: That would be awesome! biggrin.gif

So two of my budgies paired up and produced 6 eggs... Then midnight last night I was awoken to the chirping of a little one! :-3

I had a vid came hooked up to the nest book and my computer because I wanted to see the hatch, but alas... Despite the computer webcome feedback seeing I forgot to turn the light on. Not I missed much, mum wouldn't liet me see her baby.

The only time she did I opened the box to peep in and mum side swiped herchick with her tail towards me. (Its her first chick, but... Seriously?!?!?).

Its so tiny! happy.gif

Now to see if her other 5 will hatch!

Update; 3 of 6 now have hatched, one hatched about midnight I think (too tired last night). I mssed the third one hatching, I wasn't expecting it, it hatched at some point this morning.

Mum's showing signs she is looking after them, so hopefully she won't do some stupid decide she doesn't want them anymore.

So so sweet though, just 3 tiny pinks things with a big heads.

If they survive and get older, I'll put some photos up if mum lets me get photos of her chicks. :-3

I come to spam my fuzzbutts again. Sorry gaiz. D:

user posted image

user posted image

I come to spam my fuzzbutts again. Sorry gaiz. D:

user posted image

user posted image

Haha, reminds me of those photos you take in the booths.

Is that a BES? D: *WANT*

---

user posted image

user posted image

~

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Lol :<

Edited by TheDarkCynder

I really want a rat. But my mum is sure it will bite her and, I quote, "Give me the plague!"

Haha, reminds me of those photos you take in the booths.

Is that a BES? D: *WANT*

Nuh, it's a regular siamese D:

I just read up how long its going to take for the baby budgies to grow up... In a month their going to be fully feathered.

http://www.neo-opsis.ca/Budgie

Can't believe I had to look this up so I can see what the babies look like when I have 3 in a nest box.

This is mum:

user posted image

And dad:

user posted image

Been trying to work out what chances the chicks will colour up as, but I've not had much luck... Least see, the father has a crest so they may get that... The mother's pale so they might end up pale... The rest is complex.

So I'm just going to wait for the rest of the month, see if both parents care for their chicks and see what the 3 develope to. Besides I like surprises.

I breed rats to feed my ball pythons. I have 4 snakes, 2 adults that i hope will clutch in the fall and 2 young snakes that eat like crazy.

for the rats, momma is suger plum and the boy is big daddy the rest i refuse to get atached to. tho i want to keep the one baby that is buff, mom is solid white and dad is a gray hooded, so a full buff rat is kinda wierd.

currently i have two pet snakes, two dogs, two cats, 36ish fish

i've had:

30 thousand crickets(lizard food)

700-800 fishs

10-20 salamanders

7 dogs

6 mice (12 when i was done)

6 parakeets

6 cokatiels(SP?)

4 lizards

4 newts

2 cats

2 rats

1 frog

1 siren (legless, aqatic salamander)

1 turtle

yeeeeeaaaaaah

Edited by votehim

Only two eggs left.

Mum is starting to let me see her chicks, I might try for a photo later, but the room has poor lighting in and the nesting box design is poor for light. Makes me think I should have gone for one with a plastic side.

I was expecting to be as nosiy as sparrow chicks, their pitch is high but thier voices quiet. Its quite sweet.

Update; birds are now about 6-8 days old between them. The first hatch should be almost ready to open its eyes within the next few days. of the 7 eggs laid, 4 hatched, but mum got bored I think of the final 3. Their addled by the looks of it. :-/

In a few more days after they open their eyes, I'll get to see their colour hints. :-)

I still can't get anything more then budgie butts as photographs, she is a REALLY overprotective mum! And cleaning out the nesting box, I admit is difficult. But she isn't violent so far towards me. One of the guys at our local budgie club got a female from someone whose hens in one particular line will go up to you and bit e the hell out of your finger while nesting.

So far so good... Their starting to move about the nesting box as well quite a bit.

I have a featherchild(because pet is an inderstatment and derogatory term IMO). He is a cockatiel named honey and I have done MASSIVE amount of research on exotic birds. There are lots of misconceptions about birds as well. Many people think they will be awsome" pets" but the fact that they are as smart as a human child eludes them. They are often rehomed or abandoned because people fail to relize the work that they require and the attention and that if they are not handled correctly can develop behavioral problems.

As for your rat friend, I have to admit it is not my ideal choice of pet, primarily because of an irrational fear of rodents. Don't feel to bad though because I cower in front of bunnies...so it I indeed an IRRATIONAL fear and not because I think they're gross.

Acually I here rats are extrememly intelligent and can even be trained to come when they are called.

Edit: I also have 1 dog 2 cats a leopard guecko a plec-something catfish thing...and our tarantula just passed away...

Edited by parakeetpunk

I'm working on getting a sloth. Once I can move out of state, and find a roommate or two who would be cool with it. So far the biggest problem is finding a roommate out of state, rather than someone who wouldnt mind a sloth. lol

apparently everyone loves sloths.

Once I had 2 fish that seemed to hate eachother. We gave them to our neighbors. Our neigbors told us they killed eachother. Nope I don't think that's very exoitic... Hmm lets see.. do tiny practicaly invisible custaceans count? I forget what ours were called. Once I asked my mom for Sea Monkeys. She obviously said no. I've always wanted Dragon Fish.