mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@EragonSaphiraRider - I KEEP MISSING YOU

I feel like we're on horribly compatible timezones or something sad.gif

I'll be on after 10am EST tomorrow. IM me!

Edit: Welcome back Gyps!

Quoted from the front page:

EDIT:  I've been thinking about a few things and want your opinion. 

The basis of this project was to have a breeding pattern similar to the real Pernese fashion. It's been slightly altered to give more choice, but over time I've come to realize JUST HOW HARD it is to breed golds in general. When I started it, I didn't quite grasp the difficulty.

I've been thinking that perhaps we could substitute Female Sunsongs as Golds, and if you get a Sunsong egg out of the pairing, leave the gendering to fate. If it's female, it's a new gold. If it's male, it's a baby bronze. We could then use those male Sunsongs and Hellfires (male and female - I'll get to that in a sec) as BRONZE dragons, and move the blacks, whiptails, and Seasonal Autumns (season permitting) to the BROWN category.

I believe that  allowing Sunsongs to stand in for golds might move the lineage along faster and be a bit less frustrating. Also, this would also make the option of opening non-canon Weyrs closer in the future, as we would be moving the lineage along faster.

For the Weyrleaders, if you want, I would say you could go find a CB female Sunsong and a CB male Hellfire/Male Sunsong to start with, and use that new pair to be your new "Queen and consort" for your Weyrs. Then follow the existing rule - go through your selection of mates (as many color ranks as you have) until you produce a queen (a female sunsong). The queen-producing bronze then becomes a permanent mate. The gendering will be left to chance, just to make it a bit interesting. Influencing to get a queen every time would be boring. xd.png  Now, I know some of you have CB golds, or golds you got for this lineage or FROM this lineage. You can still use those pairs you've established if you want.  This idea is just an alternative to get all of us on the same page, and perhaps to have CB starting pairs for each Weyr.  I'd love to hear your comments!

The reason I would include the female hellfire in the bronze category is partially for their description -  they have superior physical capabilities, and their social structure places them above all males (at least of hellfires, although we can bend that be be above all Pernese males, I suppose). I was thinking that perhaps if you members weren't opposed to it, a female Hellfire could be roleplayed as showing exceptional strength as a youngster and rising though the dragon ranks to become the leader of the dragons.  On the other hand, if you so choose, you may say that they never got the strength and temper to rise through the ranks and are quite happy to stay at their Blue rank.  And for those of you who are only using female GREENS, you can always just freeze the female hellfires (or any non-gold/green female lol).

That also leads me to another question: Would you all rather change the breeding to be closer to Pernese, where only the greens and golds are female, and the rest are male (female hellfire might be an exception, due to their description. If you get a female you can follow the above option and keep them in a "wing" if you like, or freeze). It would require lots of male pinks unless you don't care about leaving it to chance. I've already stated somewhere that I don't mind you freezing offspring if it doesn't gender right, for those of you following the true Pernese-gendering-scheme already.

Also, I might be cutting down on the amount of breeds for the Blue and Green categories, and perhaps cutting out non-Pernese colors. I think it would tidy up the lineage and make it a bit more "true-to-form". Again, comments, criticism, etc are welcomed!

Please, comment and discuss!

Just to say this, any of you who have been breeding female blues, male greens, female bronzes, etc, in your wings, that's fine. If we do make these changes, just follow the new rules for new offspring and collected wing-dragons, etc.

Another thing I forgot to add up there, but ya'll will see it here: If you'd like, if you have specific dragons sitting about to be mates for a certain Weyr's wing, you can add the suffix "of (Weyrs name here)". Any offspring that are directly bred to a Weyrleaders Queen-line get the "of Pern" suffix. That way you could see if any of the offspring are connected to any other Weyrs by looking for any Weyr-suffix's in the lineage line. Some of Inifiniteviking's dragons are currently doing that and I think that's a great idea. As well as firelizards. That's so awesome. I need to jump onto that bandwagon biggrin.gif

ALRIGHT I'll shut up now. Discuss! Comments! Criticism! gogogo! Trying to be a good lineage-leader here. <3

Edit2:

The name of the Weyr you're requesting to start: The unnamed, briefly mentioned last weyr

Names (and/or links) to the dragon pair for your Weyr. Elemental Elleth Vex of Pern is currently mated to teh spring green Elemental Nevanth Vex of Pern, though she has her eye on a young hellfire bronze who is not yet old enough to mate

Do you have an idea on what you would call it? I think one of the names mentioned in the book, while not officially named, was Xanadu. Or something like that. I don't mind if you name it what you want.

sorry I've been a bit behind on catching up here. Last few days of school, I have my final project (fully functional website) due on Wednesday. Im still finishing last minute fixes and final touches. Liek...nao. o__o

Edited by mishii

I am a giant canon fan. I like the golds as founders of canon Weyrs, and I think the rate of gold drops is pretty equal to the population in the Pern books. Even though I still don't have a gold (of any gen, let alone low enough to start Igen) I am a fan of golds as golds.

I'd like to request to be a wing for High Reaches Weyr.

On that topic, my lead wing pair is: Duchess of Seers Green (Blue [Guardian] Female) X Koruath (Bronze [black] Male)

So I'm kind of going a bit canon with female blues.

Bronze Koruath flew Blue Seer recently, and their female blue hatchling, now named Serenath Green of Pern appears to be making herself at home within the same caverns as her parents.

Edited by blackchimera

Update:

Luminath of Pern---Bronze---Female---Lineage

Zonlied Treth of Pern---Bronze---Male---CB (father of Luminath)

Luminath has an egg warming on the sands as well. It should hatch within three days.

~~~

Also, I love the idea of female Sunsongs as golds.

I adore that idea as well, but you already knew that mishii smile.gif

&&& I was looking at my 2 golds. One is a CB, buuut he's a male, so nothing can be done. The other's a female, though she is 2nd gen and doesn't have a Pernese name.

Is it possible for me to go ahead and attempt breeding a Pern bronze (and then go down the line as I would for a normal gold) until I receive a new egg? It'll speed up the process of opening new wings for the smaller weyrs that way

Female sunsongs for golds would be great. if so, i can easily create another queen... my Igoroth and Roselewth produce a lot of Sunsongs

I was thinking about this too... I need female Sunsongs too.

I'm culling my wings of the non-cannon colors then.

My now-culled wing is as stands

Golds: ~none~

Bronzes: Sondenth of Pern (Sunsong, with a Gold Mother)

Browns: Cavaranth of Pern (Black, Son of Gold Jalith)

Blues: Korigath of Pern (Deep Sea), Deep Sea hatchie (child of Faranth and Rogeth)

Greens: Bellanith of Pern (CB BBW)

White: Vesketh of Pern (2nd Gen FrillXAlbino)

I'll keep colecting more pinks for influence though. I'm on the looke out for a CB Sunsong to (hoepefully) be the new queen.

Do you have an idea on what you would call it? I think one of the names mentioned in the book, while not officially named, was Xanadu. Or something like that. I don't mind if you name it what you want.

I like Xanadu! I'll see if I can find the exact name, if not I'll go with that ^.^ Thanks! biggrin.gif

Thinking it over, I'm ambivalent about the idea of Sunsongs as golds. They're a common species, and the rarity of normal golds makes them more canonical. On the other hand, it'd be a lot easier to obtain a CB "queen" that way!

I would like to keep ignoring color=gender in all colors except gold, though. My wings are created by collecting a circle of mates of each color for each of my lineaged dragons, and ignoring gender makes that more simple.

Are people listing their wings again? Here's my Benden wing:

First generation:

Bronze Wrath of Pern (wingleader, Hfire male)

Blue Kaiidth of Pern (Benden lineage dragon, deep-sea female)

Brown Logath of Pern (wingsecond, whiptail male)

Green Gorath of Pern (pebble/earth male)

(Empty slot for a non-deep-sea blue dragon)

Second generation:

Giant blue Ksajith of Benden Weyr (wingsecond, Hfire female)

Blue Jesseth of Pern (son of Kaiidth and Gorath, deep-sea male)

(Empty slots for brown, green, and non-deep-sea blue Benden females)

Third generation:

Bronze egg (out of Ksajith and Jesseth)

If I keep the bronze, it might gender either way, since I'm only influencing CBs.

In the meantime, I've requested a Monaco Bay egg and am hoping to start a wing there too!~ And little Merga and Kundi's hatchling should grow up in a few days. So all's well on the fire-lizard front too, although I'm probably going to start making up fire-lizard names soon, as there's a finite amount of canon ones.

Eragon, I'm managing a lot of eggs and hatchlings right now, but would like to request a Telgar egg next week!

@invinateviking, which dragons do you want it from? Here's a list of all my dragons so far that have stayed with me, mates listed if found so far

Roselewth and Igoroth? = Mneranaroth of Telgar

or

Mneranaroth of Telgar and Trees are my one love

or

Solrath and Lirinath

Furienoth and Thunder of life = Miranth of Telgar

[url-http://dragcave.net/view/n/Mogarooth]Mogarooth[/url] and Midnight Saadi = Auroth of Telgar

or from our firelizards:

Mayranth of Telgar and wild male Bold and Bolder = Linarath of Telgar

Linarath of Telgar and ???

Dragons without mates yet, so you may choose their mates:

red - Roslarbth of Telgar

[grows up today] -Auroth of Telgar

blue [grows up today] - Miranth of Telgar

Alianath

Pironath

Eragon, I'd like it to descend from Telgar's queen but would rather it wasn't a sunsong, so could Roselewth be persuaded to collaborate with Pironath? Or is Igorath her permanent mate?

The egg I was gifted from EragonSaphiraRider has hatched and grown up into a gorgeous male sunsong bronze dragon,

Kerth of Telgar. Kerth is a direct descendant of the Telgar Queen, Roselewth and her mate, the bronze Igorath, and will soon begin searching for his mate.

I'm hoping female sunsong queens go through <3 It'll make the lineage move along much faster!

@ Viking: I can try Pironath certainly but if that fails want me to try her son on one of my greens? Seeing as two dragons have failed to gender correctly?

Eragon, hmmm, I think I'd rather wait for Roselewth and Pironath, since I don't want a sunsong. I won't be able to receive an egg now, though -- majorly scroll-locked and receiving another egg soon! -- could we find a time somewhere in the middle of the week, and connect on the IRC to try for an egg?

News: Beauty and Zair are continuing their prolific streak with another fire-lizard egg. And Benden's blue Jesseth is also getting restive, and eyeing a lithe brown lady who's recently joined his wing.

Elleth rose this week and was caught by a wild hellfire Bronze. Although they didn't produce an egg, he liked her enough to settle at the Xanadu weyr, and has revealed his name to be Elemental Wyveroth Vex of Pern

Hi Dragonbreeders of Pern-

I've been trying to put together a comprehensive list of dragons and scrolls affiliated with Monaco Bay Weyr; not too sure I have this right, and if I have dragons or scrolls listed here that are 'physically' located at another weyr, please don't be offended - just let me know my error so that I can fix my list. Also, if there are dragons or scrolls that are located at Monaco Bay, again - give me a heads-up? Thank you all so much for your patience!

OK, here goes:

Queen's wing, eldrec's scroll:

Jalith of Pern, female, gold

Zorith of Pern, male, Bronze-HF

Monaco Weyr's Elidath, male, Bronze-SS

Hadarqeth of Perh, male, Bronze-HF

Jovith of Pern, male, Bronze-HF

Wyrmth of Pern, male, Bronze-HF

Monaco Weyr's Jovmath, male, Bronze-HF

First Wing, Gyps13's scroll:

Feyveneth, male, Bronze-black

Elementh, male, Bronze-HF

Valzath of Pern, male, Bronze-HF

Quynth of Pern, male, Brown-whiptail

Yenaleth of Pern, F, Blue-HF

Second wing, eldrec's scroll:

Monaco Bay's Kelteth, male, Bronze-HF

Corusceth of Pern, female, Green-BBW

Irith of Pern, female, Green-BBW

Monaco Weyr's Velqyth, female, Green-terra

Monaco Weyr's Hodeth, female, Green-terra

Monaco Weyr's Cavath, female, Green-terra

Monaco Weyr's Kuteneth, female, Green-terra

Third wing, Zephyr_Drake's scroll:

Cavaranth of Pern, male, Bronze-black

Vesketh of Pern, male, white

Cecilith of Pern, female, pink

Bellanith of Pern, female, Green-BBW

Sondenth of Pern, female, Bronze-SS

Korigath of Pern, male, Blue-deepsea

Farath of Pern, male, Blue-deepsea

Fourth wing, klinneah's scroll:

Rezart Rakath of Pern, female, Green-frill

Darath of Pern, female, Green-pebble

Dornhath of Pern, male, Green-pebble

Erith of Pern, female, Green-pebble

Element Kyrith of Pern, female, Bronze-SS

Luminath of Pern, female, Bronze-SS

Zonlied Treth of Pern, male, Bronze-SS

Ardeth of Pern, male, Brown-whiptail

Lith of Pern, male, Brown-whiptail

Wild Evanath of Pern, male, Brown-whiptail

OK... I know there are a number of offspring of my senior pair out there living at other weyrs... should I make note of them as well? I guess they can go on other weyr lists when they get posted.

Hope I haven't bored you all to tears yet!

Have a good weekend,

Cat cool.gif

Well, we had a successful mating flight today. Kyrith attracted the attentions of a newly matured bronze, Citrineth, and she produced a bronze egg. Any dragonbreeders willing to start a Monaco Bay wing may take it; otherwise I will keep it to swell the ranks.

I'll take it, klinneah

I would love to start a wing for your guys though it would sort of be both Telgar and MOnaco, but shall attempt to get a female CB for you

Well, we had a successful mating flight today. Kyrith attracted the attentions of a newly matured bronze, Citrineth, and she produced a bronze egg. Any dragonbreeders willing to start a Monaco Bay wing may take it; otherwise I will keep it to swell the ranks.

Hi Klinneah-

Congrats on another successful mating flight! I'll add Citrineth to the Monaco Bay ledger. Our weyr is growing fast!

I'd also like to offer up other Monaco Bay eggs from Jalith's line to Pern breeders who would like them to come join their weyr or perhaps start up a Monaco Bay wing. There are any number of possible mating pairs that exist now, but I don't have the space on my scroll to mate more than a few of them each week. I'd be happy to send off either a bronze (hf or ss) or green (BBW or terra) egg or hatchie to an interested member. Sorry, so far, no reliable blue lines. Second gen, even gen, any are possibilities. If you see me on, shoot me off a PM, and I can probably make it happen. Organizing a trade is sometimes more difficult - I'm not predictably on more than about a half hour a day around 9:30 EST, but I will always be happy to foster out Jalith's children and grandchildren. It is exciting to see how far some of them have already spread in the Pern lineage!

Have a good evening All,

Cat biggrin.gif

Before I name my first day glory, is there a naming scheme for fire lizards? ^.^