Peralta

ANSWERED:Sort by Tabs

Can this be considerd please cool.gif

I become nuts of trying to sort my scroll out (and i don't have to much dragons)

Came here through a link posted by Socks.

I LOVE this idea smile.gif

Having tabs like this would be nice, but I have a few questions, just to clarify.

• Would these tabs be just viewable to the owner or would they show up when other people went to view your scroll?
  • Would tabs be hideable? As in, would there be an option to hide the tab?
  • Would there be a limit on the number of tabs you could have? If so, what would those limits be?
  • If tabs are viewable to others, how would they be viewed? I have an idea for this, but I want the OP's view first.

I would totally LOVE it if this was implemented! It would totally make sorting our scrolls easier. smile.gif And even though I never thought about it before, it will help our scroll to load faster (especially since my internet connection has been getting slower :/)

I am also very much in favour of this.

It would allow grouping of lineages together and display them in a *pretty* way smile.gif. ANd as the people suggested, you could put your "utility" dragons on a tab by them selves, create a showcase.... possibly give out an url per tab, so people can see one tab, but on the other.

Yes, I really like this idea.

I would like to see this, but not as a redirection to the dragons spot on the scroll, but as a different page with all the dragons with that 'similarity' if that's CB or breed type.

This can be helpful for those with army's of a dragon.

I agree! This would be great! wub.gif

I was thinking about it in terms of separate rooms within each person's home cave, but tabs are pretty much the same thing. I don't have a huge number of dragons, but I'd love to have families of dragons occupying their own personal spaces, so I can easily choose which group to look at. Right now I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of a long list in order to see some of them. dry.gif

Want; ;0;. This would be super-duper useful. /nerco-bump of win.

I really really really want this! I only have like 20 dragons, and I wish I could just organise them, I have like major OCD! tongue.gif

One question: would dragons be able to be displayed in multiple tabs? For example--if I made a tab for dragons I need to breed for IOUs and another tab to list all my CB metals/trios, could I display one dragon in both places?

Yes, please! ^^ Although my dragons are in custom sort, all of them do have their own categories, besides sorting by species.

Has this been suggested? A dragon can be in more than one tab, then this would definitely be a useful function!

It's a great idea either way, though.

I'd love this! I have 'only' 500 dragons and even then I'd appreciate different tabs to sort them into 'regular dragons', wyverns, drakes, pygmies, metallics, holidays, etc.

On Magistream and Tale of Dragons there are ways to organize our creatures better. On MS we can make tabs, on ToD it's called Lairs. I think it could be a good idea on here and much easier.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just make a page and put certain dragons? like say all your Golds on one, all your silvers on another, and then you can just go to the page where you put them if you need them? For breeding they'll show up on each others' pages (minus those who can't breed).

It just seems like it would be easier if we can use this to organize our dragons more. Some can be based on species, others can be based on lineaged etc. I think it's a fine thing (though sometimes a pain to jump around to look for dragons). The only ones excluded would be Zombies who can go where they please.

I would like this since I could move my un-dragons into it so that it just doesn't seem odd (mainly the dinos and Leetle Tree).

It could be good for organizing your dragons and might prevent less pages

This is a duplicate to an existing thread:

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=79853

Nice idea, though - the more dragons I get the more I like the idea - even though I didn't support it before and would probably never get around to DOING it !

Edited by fuzzbucket

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!

This is EXACTLY what I've been wishing for here since MS implemented it on their site. I have almost 1,500 dragons and organizing them is a real PITA. But on MS, I have over 6,000 creatures and organizing them is so easy.. it only takes 2 clicks to move a creature from one tab to another, and then you can easily drag and drop the moved creature to exactly where you want it in the new tab.. click/drag/click and you're done.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE TJ, let us have this sorting method.

*shamelessly begging on hands and knees*

Sounds too good to be true.

I think it would be extremely beneficial, especially to me, since I am one of those people who is obsessed with organization. I'd put Prizes and Metallics in a tab, Non-dragons in a tab, Holidays in a tab, etc... It would make me so very happy ;u;

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!

This is EXACTLY what I've been wishing for here since MS implemented it on their site. I have almost 1,500 dragons and organizing them is a real PITA. But on MS, I have over 6,000 creatures and organizing them is so easy.. it only takes 2 clicks to move a creature from one tab to another, and then you can easily drag and drop the moved creature to exactly where you want it in the new tab.. click/drag/click and you're done.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE TJ, let us have this sorting method.

*shamelessly begging on hands and knees*

*Gets down and begs with you*

Please please please! I want to sort my ever growing armies and this is the best way to do so! Pretty pretty please!!!!!!!!

WB

I still 100% supports this idea despite its age. My legacy custom sort won't last forever without requiring major overhauls on the number indexes.

I do something similar, but I have certain pairs set up from my original bunch from back when, and for my new ones, I have certain groups set up for certain breedings to ensure I get what I want. I also like to avoid unproductive inbreeding. If they are about 6 or 7 generations removed, it no longer matters to me, and if it is to produce a certain lineage, or lineage effect, that is beneficial. It all depends on how people breed, and how many dragons they have. Some people have scrolls with too many to bother counting, and the pages take forever to load, etc.

This is pretty much the same situation which I have and I never gave tabs much of a thought but after reading through some of these posts I must say I am in LOVE wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif with the idea. This would be SO amazingly AWESOME poptartFINALTINY.gif if you could do something like this.

Please...

Pretty Please...

With whipped cream and a cherry on top xd.png or hot fudge if you prefer wub.gif

Poking this up.

Tab sorting would be beautiful. :|

Having multiple scrolls of parchment for different groups of dragons could make sense RP wise.

Definite support.

As someone who was trying to decide on a sort option earlier today, I reallylike this idea. ;_; I like knowing which of my dragons are cb and lineaged and which lineage, etc, so having tabs would be *glorious* and make me so happy.

if your main concern is searching and finding stuff, then tabs are not the way to go.

they just move the problem from full scroll to partial scrolls, making it in many cases even harder to find than just looking at the full scroll.