The Tempest Lineage

The Tempest Lineage *NEW* - Over 700 Dragons !

I think that I have a Tempest dragon! I have a 4th generation Shallow Water hatchling and its grandparents and great-grandparents have Tempest in their names. Its parents do not, however. Does this hatchling count as a Tempest dragon? Just wondering!

Here's the lineage - http://dragcave.net/lineage/5PBU

Sorry, but it's not one from our dragons and even if it would, it would maybe has Tempest parents, but wouldn't be allowed in this lineage (because of the breed and the breeds which are mixed in its lineage) .

I checked our spreadsheet and neither the dragons nor their owner are from our, or in, our lineage .

Greetings, Shichibi happy.gif !

Okay, just noticed the names and was wondering if maybe there was a connection. Thanks! Neat lineage, too! smile.gif

I think I fell in love with the new "sea" egg..lol...

Btw, if anybody is thinking about posting the pic of the adults of the new dragons here, please only post the link and not as a picture, so that those who want to see it, can look at it, and those who don't want to see it, have the option to simply not click the link.

Scroll Name:Begone

Forum Name: Helix

Willing to gift Dragons: Y

Willing to Receive Dragons: Y

Now to go grab some CB eggs for this linage when I get un-scroll-locked. dry.gif I have a water draggie, but lookie here, he's got a linage.

Btw, if anybody is thinking about posting the pic of the adults of the new dragons here, please only post the link and not as a picture, so that those who want to see it, can look at it, and those who don't want to see it, have the option to simply not click the link.

I am still debating about the new dragon. I love the concept, but I don't think that's the dragon I'd have done for it... and the dragon is cool... but that's not the description that would come to mind for me if I was just asked to dream up something for that sprite. If that made any sense?

I'm happy TJ's finally matured, I'd been dying to see what they looked like and mine have only just hatched.

You don't have to worry, I can still remember the last debating and already thought about you, so I won't post the picture smile.gif .

Would it be okay for you, if I'm posting the description ?

I am still debating about the new dragon. I love the concept, but I don't think that's the dragon I'd have done for it... and the dragon is cool... but that's not the description that would come to mind for me if I was just asked to dream up something for that sprite. If that made any sense?

I'm happy TJ's finally matured, I'd been dying to see what they looked like and mine have only just hatched.

I can totally understand you, such an awesome sprite and I would have expect more from the description, a more powerful one, too .

If you asking me, I think it's not a Tempest dragon .... sadly ....

Greetings Shi happy.gif

You don't have to worry, I can still remember the last debating and already thought about you, so I won't post the picture smile.gif .

Would it be okay for you, if I'm posting the description ?

I can totally understand you, such an awesome sprite and I would have expect more from the description, a more powerful one, too .

If you asking me, I think it's not a Tempest dragon .... sadly ....

Greetings Shi happy.gif

You can post the description, but not the pic.

Pity that it probably won't be a Tempest, but i still love it..lol

You can post the description, but not the pic.

Pity that it probably won't be a Tempest, but i still love it..lol

Okay smile.gif, I wouldn't have posted the picture, as I said above, because I don't want to ruin the game for you again smile.gif !

Description :

Coastal Waverunners spend most of their time skimming the waves along the coast, snatching up their prey from the shallow waters. They have developed markings along the leading edges of their body that help disguise them as breaking waves. When they are not hunting, they enjoy playing among sand-dunes and shallow tide-pools. These dragons live in small but noisy rookeries. Some stories say Waverunners can fly for days on end without landing.

Which doesn't sound so Tempesty for me =/

Greetings Shi happy.gif

Edited by The Tempest Lineage

*sigh* The color and name are all right, but the only thing Tempesty that I see about the description is that they can "fly for days on end without landing", which is similar to Skywings and Thunders. However, all the stuff about shallow tide pools is too reminiscent of the Shallow Waters. Though Waverunners can stay in the air for a long time, it seems like their affinity for the beach -- rather than the open ocean or the air -- is their primary characteristic, and I have to regretfully agree with Shichibi that they don't seem like Tempest dragons.

I agree, the Waverunner very much says "fair weather" to me. Not a Tempest.

Blunas are Tempest-y because they seem to like water any way it comes. I can totally visualize Blunas kamikaze-ing around in rough surf, having a blast.

*sigh* The color and name are all right, but the only thing Tempesty that I see about the description is that they can "fly for days on end without landing", which is similar to Skywings and Thunders. However, all the stuff about shallow tide pools is too reminiscent of the Shallow Waters. Though Waverunners can stay in the air for a long time, it seems like their affinity for the beach -- rather than the open ocean or the air -- is their primary characteristic, and I have to regretfully agree with Shichibi that they don't seem like Tempest dragons.

As I posted the description, I read it again and I thought the same as you infi : ''Kinda like the Skywings'', but the Skywings live in the sky and only land for a short time to rest, like the Storms .

The Waverunners can fly for days, but this sounds like that they would only do this, when they're forced to (like flying to another or better beach for hunting or something), for me .

And I totally agree with Xoco !

Even if the Blunas are our most peaceful breed, they live in the ocean and can be the offspring from 3 of our Tempests .

I can imagine the Blunas are out in the ocean, diving or surfing on the waves with the Waters or Deep Seas, during a storm xd.png !

Greetings Shi happy.gif

I agree, the Waverunner very much says "fair weather" to me. Not a Tempest.

Blunas are Tempest-y because they seem to like water any way it comes. I can totally visualize Blunas kamikaze-ing around in rough surf, having a blast.

Totally! My bluna are surfers and everyone knows the best waves herald the storms.

Gonna go with a 'no' for the Waverunners. Dragons that like to build sandcastles and play in the kiddie pools are cute, but they don't say 'Tempest'.

I agree on not letting the C Waverunners in. They don't seem like stormy dragons to me. Whoever said that a dragon who likes to build sandcastles (though I have no clue how they do that with tehir tiny legs and large wing-arms) and play in kiddie pools is not a Tempest is right.

Anyways, I believe nobody saw my first post and so I am confused to weather or not I am in the project.

I agree on not letting the C Waverunners in. They don't seem like stormy dragons to me. Whoever said that a dragon who likes to build sandcastles (though I have no clue how they do that with tehir tiny legs and large wing-arms) and play in kiddie pools is not a Tempest is right.

Anyways, I believe nobody saw my first post and so I am confused to weather or not I am in the project.

Helix, was your former name helix9 ?

If so, then you can look at the spreadsheet, you're listed =) !

@all : If someone of you changes your username or scrollname (which you can, saw it a few times), please let me know, so I can change it in the spreadsheet as well, thank you smile.gif !

About the Coastal Waverunner : I think it is clear now, that this breed won't become a Tempest, everyone agrees with me so far about that .

Greetings, Shi happy.gif

Helix, was your former name helix9 ?

If so, then you can look at the spreadsheet, you're listed =) !

Thanks c: And no, I joined the Cave in June, and the forums a few days later. I never knew a helix9.

That is sad, the sprite is very much Tempest-like. Anyway, Skywings look very much fair-weather dragons to me, and they are still Tempests....

*sigh*

They look so Tempest-like.

My husband agrees with you.

We were looking at them this morning (mine *just* grew up) and my son was oogling them and asked me to help him catch some, and I mentioned the 'tempest thing'. After some back and forth we came up with a final question -- what matters more? Their appearance, or their description?

He pointed out how carefully I craft some of my lineages, based entirely on how the lineage will look when viewed as a whole. Looking at it that way... the Waverunners fit in very nicely with the DeepSea and Storms.

The Skywings, an original Tempest dragon, are easily as fairweather as the Waverunner, with it's playing in the sand and shallows. In fact, the only dragon that specifically mentions storms, is the Storm.

After the conversation and a little though, I'm now looking at them in the same manner I look at my bluna, and these 'look' more Tempest than the Electrics which don't do water...

So... while it might not tip the scales, I'm changing my vote.

may i join? i have an electric dragon... but she isn't named after tempest sad.gif but if i join could i will name the offspring tempest or something like that

Edited by puppy2722

If we were going solely by looks, I would definitely vote the Waverunners in. They look like they'd be right at home in a tempest. But unless the way we accept Tempests changes, I can't change my vote.

I'd be half-inclined to start a non-Tempest lineage branch breeding Tempest dragons with Waverunners, just because my many CB Tempest-breed dragons were already given Tempest names and (as you say, Egwenna) Waverunners would look awesome in a lineage with them, but that could be confusing and the last thing I want to do is step on the toes of this lineage (it's one of my favorites). So I guess if I do that I'll have to get new CBs outside of the lineage.

Edited by infiniteviking

puppy2722, I believe there is a handy form on the first page you can fill out, so that you will be added to the list of members. Let me go grab it for you.

Here it is!

Scroll Name:

Forum Name:

Willing to gift Dragons: Y / N

Willing to Receive Dragons: Y / N

Just fill in that information and you're good to go. smile.gif

Edited by MissVampire13

may i join? i have an electric dragon... but she isn't named after tempest sad.gif  but if i join could i will name the offspring tempest or something like that

Sure you can join, she will not be accepted in our lineage, but her offspring will, as long as its father would be a Tempest .

Which means, it must have at least 1 Tempest dragon (with the title Tempest in its name) to let the offspring being a (half) Tempest and then it'll be accepted smile.gif !

And as MissVampire13 said, please copy and fill out the form from the very 1st post and please read the first post closely smile.gif :

[SIZE=7][COLOR=OrangeRed]Scroll Name:
Forum Name:
Willing to gift Dragons: Y / N
Willing to Receive Dragons: Y / N[/SIZE][/COLOR]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is sad, the sprite is very much Tempest-like. Anyway, Skywings look very much fair-weather dragons to me, and they are still Tempests....

*sigh*

They look so Tempest-like.

My husband agrees with you.

We were looking at them this morning (mine *just* grew up) and my son was oogling them and asked me to help him catch some, and I mentioned the 'tempest thing'. After some back and forth we came up with a final question -- what matters more? Their appearance, or their description?

He pointed out how carefully I craft some of my lineages, based entirely on how the lineage will look when viewed as a whole.  Looking at it that way... the Waverunners fit in very nicely with the DeepSea and Storms.

The Skywings, an original Tempest dragon, are easily as fairweather as the Waverunner, with it's playing in the sand and shallows.  In fact, the only dragon that specifically mentions storms, is the Storm.

After the conversation and a little though, I'm now looking at them in the same manner I look at my bluna, and these 'look' more Tempest than the Electrics which don't do water...

So... while it might not tip the scales, I'm changing my vote.

For us, especially Rhetsura, was the main and I think the only thing that mattered, the description .

You can tell that by the discussion with the Waterhorses & Waterwalkers vs. Deep Seas .

For me, it doesn't matter how a Tempest look like, the only thing that matters, is the description .

They could be yellow with red and pink stripes, as long as they would be a Tempest, according to the description, it doesn't matter xd.png (for me) !

The Shallow Waters were disqualified, because of the Magi in their lineage, but the mainly reason was the description .

I only started a vote for the Electrics, because I recieved some PM's with ''No Thunders, but Electrics'' and vise versa and it were also discussed here in the Thread much .

And, if I remember right, the ''both''-section won with only 1 vote ahead .

At first, I was only for the Thunders, but I'm good with it now, because we can create a Tempest with an ''electric theme'', because we can't breed the Thunders together as you know .

Skywings, as I said at the other page, LIVE (like the Storms) and hunt in the sky , which I think was the reason for start a lineage with them (alongside the Waters and Storms of course) .

So they can live at, no, above the Ocean .

The Waverunners CAN live in the sky for a few days, which sounds a little bit like a rumour, according to the ''some stories say'' in the description .

If they would play in the Ocean or above it or so, it would be OK, but they play in sand dunes and shallow pools and we had the shallow discussion with the Shallow Waters (Goldfishes) already .

As I said, the Blunas are our most handsome / calm Tempest breed, but they come FROM our Tempest breeds .

Suggestion : A Tempest Skywing flies above the Ocean and paired up with a Tempest Water or Tempest Deep Sea and the offspring : a Tempest Bluna .

If they would've had a description like the Waverunners or the Shallow's, they maybe would've been disqualified too, but their description says, that they LIVE in the ocean (''and riding ocean swells'') .

So, it will be a no for the Waverunners, but I agree that they would look Tempesty enough .

Greetings, Shichibi happy.gif

First of all, I believe a bit back in the discussion it was mentioned that Water Walkers and Water horses could not be Tempest because of their descriptions.

If we allow the Coastal Waverunners in, that would basically let the above dragons in too, since they do look Tempest-y.

Just saying. Also, I did not spy my name on the spread. Just for repetition:

Scroll Name: begone

Forum Name: helix

Willing to gift Dragons: Y

Willing to Receive Dragons: Y

scroll name: puppy2722

forum name: puppy2722

willing to gift dragons: Y

wiling to receive dragons: Y

Can I be part of this lineage?

Scroll Name: Snow Plow (No _...if you put that in the space, you get my friend's scroll.)

Forum Name: Snow Plow

Willing to gift Dragons: Yes

Willing to Receive Dragons: Not right now.

I already have some CB skywings, storms, deep sea, water, and electric dragons...should I name them now...?