The Tempest Lineage

The Tempest Lineage *NEW* - Over 700 Dragons !

Just bred another Tempest Bluna from Shasta and Nautilus Von Tempest.

It's a Tempest, but I bred it for my Shallow Water.

I know Shallow Waters aren't Tempest, but I'll give the Bluna a Tempest name. It'll have a Tempest mate and "slum" with the Shallow Water from time to time.

I just added my first tempest to the spread sheet hope i did it right

Ha! Very cool, bubbledesire. :-)

I have an even-gen Storm egg if someone wants: http://dragcave.net/lineage/ZFde

I need that pair to give me a deep sea so I can complete the other half of the lineage the way I want it to look, so of course, when they finally give me an egg, they give me a storm.

I'll be back later with dragon updates and I'll tweak the sheet where it needs it.

..*brb changing my mind yet again* OK, now that the utterly useless and therefore awesome Splash BSA has been revealed, Shallow Waters (eligible Thuwed ones, anyway) definitely belong in the Tempest lineage. xd.png

Egwenna, I'm interested in your storm egg! Will you be online tomorrow?

Wow. That was a daring proposition.

Though I daresay, what would The Tempest be without Prospero?

Edited by Xocowolf

..*brb changing my mind yet again* OK, now that the utterly useless and therefore awesome Splash BSA has been revealed, Shallow Waters (eligible Thuwed ones, anyway) definitely belong in the Tempest lineage. xd.png

How does the useless BSA make them any more eligible? IMO, it changes nothing. A Tempest is still a large storm out at sea, and Shallows still hang around lagoons and splash.

Plus, how many other people are going to be asking TJ for one, and how willing is he to help us out? Unless we make a big BIG exception to the rules, TJ isn't part of the Tempest lineage and none of his will be named appropriately. They'll be the right breeds, but not Tempests. Granted, TJ is essentially a DC god and could probably easily change this, but really, why would he?

I still really think they're not eligible, but if y'all drown out my protests and Shichibi agrees to add them, well, ok. She and I already talked about asking TJ if they do get approved, and if she doesn't want to I will.

Edited by NixAyum

._. whoa. spreadsheet has pile of tempests hanging around at the bottom of CB tempests.

Yes I know, sorry bubble.... I'm, or we're, in a dire need of an update .

If everything goes well, I'll have a full update today or tomorrow smile.gif !

How does the useless BSA make them any more eligible? IMO, it changes nothing. A Tempest is still a large storm out at sea, and Shallows still hang around lagoons and splash.

Plus, how many other people are going to be asking TJ for one, and how willing is he to help us out? Unless we make a big BIG exception to the rules, TJ isn't part of the Tempest lineage and none of his will be named appropriately. They'll be the right breeds, but not Tempests. Granted, TJ is essentially a DC god and could probably easily change this, but really, why would he?

I still really think they're not eligible, but if y'all drown out my protests and Shichibi agrees to add them, well, ok. She and I already talked about asking TJ if they do get approved, and if she doesn't want to I will.

I agree with Nyx :

The Splash BSA doesn't make them more suitable for the Lineage .

I was as enthusiastic as you are infi happy.gif, but on second thought, I agree with Nix again :

They live in lagoons, splashing around and have nothing to do with storms..... sadly T_T sad.gif !

It wouldn't be a problem, if TJ's dragons wouldn't have Tempest in their name, because we could pair them up with a Tempest dragon from us and this would make the offspring a Half-Tempest .

So, the name and not-being-Tempest isn't the problem, but the description of the dragon, of this breed, absolutely is .... it would've been more than cool to have orange Tempests xd.png !!

Oh and it seems that they should resemble a goldfish a little bit and I don't think that goldfishes really resemble a storm either =/ .

Greetings Shichibi happy.gif

Edited by The Tempest Lineage

Xocowolf, exactly! xd.png

Nix, I'd felt the BSA was both hilarious and linked the breed to the idea of water-fighting. Taken on its own merits, you and Shichibi are right; just saying that Shallow Waters splash things is not enough (and I wouldn't have said anything if splashing had merely been mentioned in the breed description). What got me was that it's an actual BSA which does absolutely nothing, and yet merited a place on the dragon's "actions" page and threads of massive speculation and glee from DC users; in other words its importance has been inflated WAY beyond its practical nature: a tempest in a teacup, as it were! And I thought if others wanted to include descendants of CB Shallow Waters, this would be my reason for agreeing. cool.gif

As to the naming, our lineage allows half-Tempests, as Shichibi said, and we've had Tempests with Thuwed only-Tempest-breed ancestors here before. The idea of getting Thuwed Shallows was based on keeping magis out of a Shallow's lineage. But as y'all say, chances of someone getting an eligible Thuwed egg are minute.

Which way the vote goes is no skin off my back. I like the Shallows and think it would be hilarious and not entirely unfitting to include them, but their descriptions are a major strike against them in terms of being Tempesty, not least in their comparability to Water-Walkers. So, I'm ready to go along with whatever happens. cool.gif

I'd like to see Shallows (and Magi) added, but same here; I have nothing invested and if they don't make the cut, I'm okay with that. There is already a breeding project getting Blunas and Goldfish together and that's plenty fine.

Some arguments just for the sake of discussion:

According to Chinese and Japanese legendry, carp (aka, goldfish gone big 'n bad) were actually baby dragons and could influence the weather. The adults certainly could.

Another argument: tempests can create tsunamis (keeping with the Oriental theme). Tsunamis, as we (very unhappily) saw in Bangladesh and Sri Lanka a few Christmases ago, can certainly invade lagoons.

Finally: Magi dragons are considered among the most dangerous of dragons. "Magi dragons are, as their name suggests, primarily magic users. They rarely use physical forms of attack. They eat anything they can kill, which is almost everything. They won't kill unprovoked except when hunting, although they may kill humans if in danger. Their strong magic makes them one of the most feared breeds of dragons."

I can easily see a Magi, possibly in tandem with a Grey, whipping up a storm out to sea and descending to feast on the carnage such a cataclysm would entail. Also very easy to visualize a Magi dragon (and their Shallow Water children) being angry at a sea-going vessel (or oil rig…heh) despoiling the ocean and setting a mutha of a storm in their direction to wipe them out.

I'd like to see Shallows (and Magi) added, but same here; I have nothing invested and if they don't make the cut, I'm okay with that. There is already a breeding project getting Blunas and Goldfish together and that's plenty fine.

Some arguments just for the sake of discussion:

According to Chinese and Japanese legendry, carp (aka, goldfish gone big 'n bad) were actually baby dragons and could influence the weather. The adults certainly could.

Another argument: tempests can create tsunamis (keeping with the Oriental theme). Tsunamis, as we (very unhappily) saw in Bangladesh and Sri Lanka a few Christmases ago, can certainly invade lagoons.

Finally: Magi dragons are considered among the most dangerous of dragons. "Magi dragons are, as their name suggests, primarily magic users. They rarely use physical forms of attack. They eat anything they can kill, which is almost everything. They won't kill unprovoked except when hunting, although they may kill humans if in danger. Their strong magic makes them one of the most feared breeds of dragons."

I can easily see a Magi, possibly in tandem with a Grey, whipping up a storm out to sea and descending to feast on the carnage such a cataclysm would entail. Also very easy to visualize a Magi dragon (and their Shallow Water children) being angry at a sea-going vessel (or oil rig…heh) despoiling the ocean and setting a mutha of a storm in their direction to wipe them out.

Sorry, but I WILL NOT allow the Magi's in this lineage !!

The Magi's have nothing to do with water / storm / or sea, you could suggest anything into their description, but we could have also added the Waterwalker's or Waterhorse's in our lineage then, which we didn't ( Rhetsura said no to the first ones and the Waterhorse's had lost the poll against the Deep Sea's ) .

The Magi's were there before this lineage was created, I think, and the founder didn't took them in, as well as Rhetsura .

Maybe Tsunami's can invade lagoons, but this would only end like this, for me : Tempest dragons sending Tsunami's against a lagoon, to attack the Shallow's which would splashing around and having fun xd.png .

About the Chinese / Japanese legendry :

It's true that carps were baby dragons ( Magikarp evolves to Gyarados = me lovezzz them xd.png ) and could influence the weather, but the Shallow's have nothing like that in their description that indicates such an ability .

They only can use their magic to create bubbles, for hunting .

So I almost came to the decision that we won't allow them into the lineage.... not even the Thuwed's, because :

1. The Magi lineage issue ( which won't count for Thuwed's of course )

and 2. The description, which Rhetsura also kept a close eye on and throw the Waterwalker's out, because of that and did nearly the same with the Waterhorses !

I really, really like them, but I think we can't accept every breed, that we or some members think, they maaaaybe would fit in ( such as the short discussion about the Ice's -> which I love ), because we want to have more breeds in this lineage .

If you'll find some grammar issues ... forgive me please xd.png I haven't slept until now ninja.gif .

Greets Shi happy.gif

Agree with Shichibi.

@Xoco: Yes, they can. But do they? The Magi desc. has absolutely nothing regarding storms or even water in it at all! It states it uses magic in hunting, self-defense, and the rare attack. As it neither looks anatomically equipped for water-living or anything implicitly or explicitly stated in the desc. about it, I assume these are very much land-dwellers. Being so, being relatively peaceful, and the Storms being so adamantly crazy/violent, do you seriously think they would "team up" and make a storm? No. The Magi, if by some weird sadistic chance wanted to shake up the ocean, would much more likely get attacked by the storm for trespassing and then get hit by the storm's storm itself.

Tsunamis can invade Lagoons. Ok, so you see some Shallows splashing around in a lagoon, yay so happy, and a Grey comes along, whips up a storm and attacks (as it says in the desc. that they're a pretty violent species). What do the shallows do? Probably run/hide.

Shallows live in lagoons which get attacked by storms, they have nothing to do with storms other than being victims, and if we're making that a basis then every breed should be allowed in.

Agreeing with Shichibi and Nix on the magis -- letting in a previously excluded dragon with nothing about water in the description opens the door for every other dragon in DC. And if a water-based BSA with no other purpose than to be a water-based BSA isn't enough, even Thuwed Shallows have no reason to be in the lineage either.

We've allowed two other dragons in with non-water-or-storm descriptions: Electrics and Skywings. Skywings were allowed in by Rhetsura, and in my mind, the reason they're in is that there can't be a tempest without air being involved (a tempest doesn't have to include magic, but it DOES have to include major atmospheric disturbance). For Electrics, there usually isn't a tempest without lightning/electricity being involved, but I voted against them because their electric powers seem more localized (electric sparks vs atmospheric lightning, like shallow pond or lagoon water vs ocean water). The Electrics were allowed in, but they're a borderline case, and it seems to me that with the Splash BSA not being enough, Shallows fall on the wrong side of the line.

Ah well. Maybe there'll be another Tempesty dragon in the next release!

Edited by infiniteviking

Agreeing with Shichibi and Nix on the magis -- letting in a previously excluded dragon with nothing about water in the description opens the door for every other dragon in DC. And if a water-based BSA with no other purpose than to be a water-based BSA isn't enough, even Thuwed Shallows have no reason to be in the lineage either.

We've allowed two other dragons in with non-water-or-storm descriptions: Electrics and Skywings. Skywings were allowed in by Rhetsura, and in my mind, the reason they're in is that there can't be a tempest without air being involved (a tempest doesn't have to include magic, but it DOES have to include major atmospheric disturbance). For Electrics, there usually isn't a tempest without lightning/electricity being involved, but I voted against them because their electric powers seem more localized (electric sparks vs atmospheric lightning, like shallow pond or lagoon water vs ocean water). The Electrics were allowed in, but they're a borderline case, and it seems to me that with the Splash BSA not being enough, Shallows fall on the wrong side of the line.

Ah well. Maybe there'll be another Tempesty dragon in the next release!

I saw a bunch of water-based dragons in the Suggestion / Request area and there are some dragons that I really, really looking forward to !

For example the Dolphin Dragon or the Loch Ness Dragon (with which I'm not sure, because of the lake in the description) .

Im going to update the first post now smile.gif !

Greetings Shi happy.gif !

user posted image

- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -user posted image

After January till 08. June xd.png :

user posted image Added three new breeds into our lineage :

1. Thunder's

2. Electric's

3. Bluna's

user posted image Moved all new Tempest dragons, that were added to the spreadsheet, to their right places smile.gif .

user posted image Added new

members to the spreadsheet as well !

Welcome to our lineage biggrin.gif !!!!

user posted imageWe are now 85 (!) members with .... ~drum roll~ 615 (!!!!) Tempest dragons !!!!!!

I've listed the total number of each generation at the front post now, under the

section PARTICIPANTS & DRAGONS

user posted image

FIRST POST IS UP TO DATE NOW !!!

So I'll jump onto the spreadsheet now smile.gif !

EDIT : Added all new members, moving dragons now ....

EDIT 2 IMPORTANT :

Maladroit : If you've a Tempest that is 2nd generation, you don't have to add CB in front of the parents' name .

Only if you would add a 1st generation Tempest, which is CB and can't have any parents smile.gif !

Aeria : Please use your current forumname ( Aeria ) to add your dragons now, because I changed SableWing to Aeria already ... thanks smile.gif !

And even something strange appeared blink.gif :

Somebody added his/her dragons in our spreadsheet, without beeing on the forums with the name that is shown on the spreadsheet, neither have any Tempest dragon nor is he/she a member of us blink.gifblink.gif ....

EDIT 3 : ALL DONE !!

Feel free to look if everything is alright or if I forgot something .

The green markings on the 1st generations are the unkown one, maybe someone of us knows this user ??

The green markings on the 2nd generation are for Aeria / Sable Wing that I've already PM'ed about it !

Sorry for double-post :

As I said above this post, in the NEWS-Post, :

We are 85 members with 615 Tempest dragons ..... OMG blink.gif !!!

Please feel free to re-count my counting, if anybody wants too smile.gif !

I've listed the total number of each generation at the front post now, under the

section PARTICIPANTS & DRAGONS

Don't use the Trivia for counting, because it only count's the dragons that were added with the NEW adding-system ..... or it just doesn't count right blink.gif ?

And of course : Please read my post above this one smile.gif !

Greetings Shichibi happy.gif !

Whoa, 600+. That's pretty freaking sweet. o.o

I'd like more Tempest-eligible breeds in future releases, but let the users settle in with the MM and newest release first. xd.pngHell, I still want a couple more of the Trios, then a Nebula army, and more Hellfires.

Whoa, 600+. That's pretty freaking sweet. o.o

I'd like more Tempest-eligible breeds in future releases, but let the users settle in with the MM and newest release first. xd.pngHell, I still want a couple more of the Trios, then a Nebula army, and more Hellfires.

If you want, I can try to breed you a Thunder Tempest and Nebula's smile.gif ( that aren't Tempest of course xd.png )

I would love to breed my Tempest Thunders, because these are the only Thunders that I won't use for The Rare Breeders .

By the way : Does anybody of you wants a 2nd gen. Shallow ?

xd.png Nah, Shi, Thunders are the ones I'm actually good on, but I just wanna grab one or two more of the other two somewhere along the road~

I'd take you up on the Nebs if I wasn't locked and planning to cram my scroll with stuff as soon as I can.

Actually, that 4th-gen bluna-making couple is ready to breed if you're unlocked and can take any egg they magically happen to produce.

xd.png Nah, Shi, Thunders are the ones I'm actually good on, but I just wanna grab one or two more of the other two somewhere along the road~

I'd take you up on the Nebs if I wasn't locked and planning to cram my scroll with stuff as soon as I can.

Actually, that 4th-gen bluna-making couple is ready to breed if you're unlocked and can take any egg they magically happen to produce.

Just shoot me a PM, when you have some room for the Nebula's ^^ !

About the Bluna : I'm waiting for my Nebula to grow up, which should be in 2 hours and then I'll be unlocked smile.gif .

Oooh and Basi and Barun gave me another 3rd. generation Bluna, influenced it male and hopefully ''he'' won't refuse to breed with Teyaqui this time dry.gif !

I need a Thunder for my last Marut Tempest. I'm going to breed an even fourth-gen Tempest from all of them plus Tempest Rudra. I can't take it right now but I'll be unlocked around 10PM Pacific Time (GMT-7) tonight.

I need a Thunder for my last Marut Tempest. I'm going to breed an even fourth-gen Tempest from all of them plus Tempest Rudra. I can't take it right now but I'll be unlocked around 10PM Pacific Time (GMT-7) tonight.

Do you want a special breed for a mate, such as Thunder x Storm or Thunder x Skywing ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nix : Omg, I'm locked right now, because I bred my female Thunder and

got this egg ..... with this code out of it http://dragcave.net/lineage/TJDi blink.gifohmy.gif !!

Sadly that it is not a Tempest dragon xd.png .

If your dragons would produce a Bluna, I'll abandon a Shallow egg, so I won't be locked then smile.gif !

~hugs TJ Thunder wub.gif~ Maybe I'll try to get CB metallics for it, but I'm not sure, because I always wanted a TJ egg =3 biggrin.gif !

EDIT IMPORTANT :

PLEASE READ THE NEWS-POST ON THE PAGE BEFORE THIS ONE ( Page 31 )