dracoon

Illogical Stuff in DC

Wouldn't we die if we tried to kill one?

Only if you're referring to OoT chickens. In TP you just take control of the one you were attacking.

where do tinsels get their tinsel from? do we wrap it around them uppon hatching? xd.png

I think its just a reference to their near-metallic skin that looks like Tinsel.

I think its just a reference to their near-metallic skin that looks like Tinsel.

No, look at the adult sprite. It's actually got tinsel or some other sort of garland wrapped around it.

Drakes are not dragons; this is made clear rather quickly (They cannot breed with dragons, and they are small and unintelligent). And yet when you have a drake hatchling, it is referred to as a dragon. The descriptions even add extra info about the "dragon" hatchie.

Day Glory?

Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It has the colors of a bright summer day.

Night Glory?

Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. Its dark colors resemble the night.

Ochredrake?

Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It seems to like you, although it is very hyperactive and difficult to train.

DC, you have some explaining to do. Especially with that last one. xd.png

To make it even worse, even the adults have the dragon subtext that all other DC creatures(sans Halloween dragons, Chickens & Dinos) have.

Edited by FlyingDragona

where do tinsels get their tinsel from? do we wrap it around them uppon hatching? xd.png

we give it to them as a coming-of-age gift:

user posted image -> user posted image

The cracking sequence for the cheese egg... cheese doesn't crack. tongue.gif

The cheese got got dried and it started cracking.

Why doesn't my frosty egg melt when I incubate it? ohmy.gif

Drakes are not dragons; this is made clear rather quickly (They cannot breed with dragons, and they are small and unintelligent). And yet when you have a drake hatchling, it is referred to as a dragon. The descriptions even add extra info about the "dragon" hatchie.

Day Glory?

Night Glory?

Ochredrake?

DC, you have some explaining to do. Especially with that last one. xd.png

To make it even worse, even the adults have the dragon subtext that all other DC creatures(sans Halloween dragons, Chickens & Dinos) have.

I would say it's not that they aren't dragons, but rather, that they're too distant genetically from other dragons to be able to breed with them. A modern horse and a prehistoric Hyracotherium are both equines, technically, but you couldn't possibly breed them. Probably not the best analogy, but I think you get what I'm trying to say anyway? (I hope tongue.gif)

EDIT: Or alternatively it could be a situation like in the Dragonriders of Pern series. In those books there were creatures called dragons and creatures called fire lizards and whers. Even though dragons, whers, and fire lizards were all technically very closely related, enough so that they could all be justifiably described as different varieties of dragon, they were too different in size and intelligence to breed with each other. The ones most commonly called 'dragons' would be equivalent to our 'normal' dragons, while the whers would be equivalent to drakes and the fire lizards to pygmies.

Not only that, but even if whers were the right size to breed with the 'normal Pern dragons', the latter group had massive disdain for the whers, and would have refused them even if it were possible. So maybe it'd be possible if the dragons would go for it, but there's some instinctive or cultural repulsion for drakes that makes them go EW, NO every time.

Edited by Lurhstaap

It says hatchlings reach their mature forms in two years. Does that mean when our hatchlings grow up they're just teens? And if we breed them immediately it's a teenage pregnancy?

It says hatchlings reach their mature forms in two years. Does that mean when our hatchlings grow up they're just teens? And if we breed them immediately it's a teenage pregnancy?

No, it just means that DC time =/ our real life time. I would say the quickest time hatchlings can grow up is two years, so hatchlings that take longer than our three days to grow take a little longer than two years.

Also, I believe we reserve teenager for people, so dragons and other animals would be "adolescents". By the time they're breedable, though, they're adults, as we list them to be on our scroll.

Why do Red Dragons always say Yes when we say "Hey, Lady Taco, go incubate that egg."?

Is Incubating fun for them?

Why do Red Dragons always say Yes when we say "Hey, Lady Taco, go incubate that egg."?

Is Incubating fun for them?

HAHAHA

OK, so I technically posted just to express amusement at your post, but one illogical thing is that tonight I saw 2 brown coppers and 2 red coppers, but only caught the red coppers... and I thought red coppers were supposed to be rarer :<

Well, Glory drak(e?)s are supposed to be the size of kittens. Their sprite/drawing is the same size as Stones.

...wot

Well, Glory drak(e?)s are supposed to be the size of kittens. Their sprite/drawing is the same size as Stones.

...wot

Think Sweetlings have the same problem, descriped as small yet have a rather large sprite. *shrugs*

Green coppers "gleam with a reddish shine" but they're, well, green.

when a dragon hatches, do you go "Hey, you're gonna incubate/influence/bite my eggs/make an earthquake/summon stuff/splash/teleport every 1/2 weeks.

For the rest of your life."

And if they disagree?

We murder them.

*LINE*

How does teleport work?

Do we just go:

Me: "Hey, Master Orange Juice, teleport this egg to Bob."

Master Orange Juice: "uh… where is Bob? I can't teleport stuff to Bob if I don't know where Bob is."

Me: "Just fly around until you find Bob."

Master Orange Juice: "…"

and:

Me: "Hey, Thunder, Magma, And Ice, summon an egg."

All: "What kind of egg?"

Me: "GoN"

All: "Gone?"

Me: "Guardian of Nature"

All: (while summoning): "(Couldn't he/she have wanted… a more… common egg?… like a Mint…?)"

Me: "No."

Edited by Drinking_Water

How can Mint and Stone have an egg togheter? I think that Mint (or even Sweetling) are small like a foot of a Stone. I can see... physical impediments.

How can Mint and Stone have an egg togheter?  I think that Mint (or even Sweetling) are small like a foot of a Stone. I can see... physical impediments.

The Mints have always bothered me, they look like they should be pygmies.

Come to think of it, Papers have a sprite way larger than they should too.

Purples are pretty common. Why are we always so surprised to see that color of egg?

An the hatchling description says that we think that it's a girl - even if it's gendered male

I'm just surprised all these dragons can even breed at all. There should be a whole lot more reproductive isolation going on, especially to biome-specific dragons. Heck, hexapod and tetrapod dragons probably shouldn't be able to breed, either.

Not to mention, there should probably be a few hybrid variants that act as mules- a combo of their parents' features, but unable to produce offspring.

I wonder if dragons are synapsids or diapsids, now that I think of it. I mean, a lot of them have almost mammalian characteristics.

...I need to stop bringing work home to dragcave.