Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

-shrinks-

I could maybe splice my character in if she really leaves...

Edited by Elsendor

There's tons of competition cause of so many people lol. I'm pretty good at catching the eggs, but man it's a pain.

I hope Rose doesn't leave D: I liked reading her long posts.

Edited by MurderMayhemxx

-amen's Mayhem's statement on Rosella-

I'm a horrible egg catcher. Add to that the fact that I never abandon eggs...and I'm consistently scroll-locked with commons. XD

Varianne because her dad ditched her; Evelyn because her dad died and her mom's sort of dead; Kathy because her mom died and her dad is sort of dead; and Carlie because he got cancer.

For some reason, I lol'd at this. It sounds so... casual. It's like, "Oh your mom died. Oh your dad died. No biggy." xd.png

Oh and... I didn't realize how similar some of the chars are, lol. Didn't read any of the bios when I wrote mine. xd.png"

I like creating really b****y chars. I think it's because I like to portray something online that really different from myself, because I can never be like that IRL. So I just want to try it out. *shrugs* I find it more fun to RP with them than a char that's pretty much like me in personality (like my char in Sword of Nyx; she's all calm and peaceful and nice and stuff).

I got all four MM eggs. :3

I really really hope Rose doens't leave. D: I like her posts as well.

Though I'd love it if we could just find a position in the RP for you, Elsendor.

... And I'mma too lazy to make an IC post. ;3

ETA;

I just read Carlie's bio. sad.gif Poor guy. Funny it had to be leukemia.

I wonder how my parents would react if I acted like that. xd.png Chemo isn't all that unbearable. *feels sympathy for a made-up character*

Edited by lilyice

All four?!!

Crazy person. XD

I haven't made an IC post in a bajillion years... haven't squeezed into an RP yet.

xd.png I got a second kind of egg! Huzzah!!!!! Well I like playing killers...

As for cancer I learned of a new way of curing it (brain and pancreas excepted) and it's much easy for the body and low cost too. It erase the cancer!! <3

Similarities are easy to find. I lot of people like to play a char with a sobbing past or a bad one. I usually do my best to play something people usually don't do to add some new flavor. Though with so many players here I can barely do that xd.png

All four, and a second CB hellfire and sunsong. ;D Now just need one more CB nebula and one more CB BBW. :3

As for cancer I learned of a new way of curing it (brain and pancreas excepted) and it's much easy for the body and low cost too. It erase the cancer!! <3

Seriously?! blink.gif

I love sob stories LOL. Such traaaagic pasts. ;~;

Yes really. :3

It's awesome! It uses... a virus! They inject you with the virus (not just any kinds but some low level virus like the Vaccine a lung virus). The virus will infect the cancerous cells and take advantages of it's high division speed to replicate itself much faster blowing up the sick cell even faster. It will annihilate the cancerous cell quickly and your system kill the virus after.

The only reasons they cannot use it on the brain and pancreas cancer is because of how the cells can die. Apotheosis (clean death) or necrosis (Really bad one). If the brain or pancreas is affected by massive necrosis the person will die, quickly at that.

They managed to heal 6 persons affected by liver cancer and they got saved. The only thing left is a fibrous area in the liver (like an alcoholic can have)

I find it really cool! It's still in test though. Hope it get out quickly if it work that well!

Far less then chimio treatment that does a rampage on your body killing good and bad cells tongue.gif

Barely, the virus itself is not of the strong dangerous kind, but simple one we all catch from time to time. Like one that can cause flu or some coughing for a day or so. Minor stuff. Anyway, but the time the virus starts attacking the good cells all the diseased one would be gone since the virus is attracted to them (cause of their high reproduction factor).

Better to be a bit sick and without cancer than having it.

Edited by Skarx

Elsendor, where may I find this charrie profile of yours? smile.gif

In theory, the virus thing sounds good, but I also think it's quite dangerous. Is there a scientific article anywhere about this that I can read on, Skarx?

The only "good cells" that chemo kills is hair... that's about it. It targets fast-dividing cells. There are other side effects such as muscle weakness or trembling hands, etc. but those recover after half a year to a year, if the chemotherapy is stopped. Of course, there are chances of long-lasting side effects, but those are fairly slim in developed countries. But of course, this is only regarding leukemia. I don't know all that much about other cancer types.

Well... if you're already weakened by cancer I wouldn't really trust a virus... but that's just me. -impish grin-

I could PM it to you if you like, Lily. :] I'm rather proud of it...

Only... please don't steal the elements of it. I hate to say this to anyone... but I had a character essentially stolen once, and it hurt a lot.

Please? I won't touch a word of it, promise. ^^

(Besides, I won't be joining another RP for a looong loooong while. I've got enough on my plate. xd.png And I find it extremely fun to create my own character, so no worries. I would never copy/steal another person's creation.)

kk, I'll send it in a couple seconds. Just had to get that squared away. XD

EDIT: Sent. :]

Edited by Elsendor

xd.png Of course no. it kills good cells around the cancer too. The only reasons you lose your hairs is because it's so taxing on the body that it stop feeding useless part the energy to survive. It has no real target last I checked. It work by trying to push over the limit the already extremely unstable cancerous cells and make them die. It also not always cure the cancer and since only the strongest survive the cancer is even stronger sleep.gif

I don't know if there is an article, my microbiology teacher worked on the projects and I got the info from him. Let me check that.

Here it is : http://www.healthcentral.com/drdean/408/60768.html

Many viruses have a way of killing bacteria without even paying attention to human cells. It was discovered around the same time as inorganic medicine, but people usually dislike having living stuff put inside them. Inorganic treatment are not as efficient now since bacteria and stuff evolve, but the viruses evolve along side them so they can't resist them.

It's quite safe as a treatment. People don't need chimio when they get this so they are not weakened by it. Though I understand your fear xd.png But when chimio cannot cure you... what do you do? I would take my chances.

Can I see the charrie too? Won't steal promise I loathe such actions.

Edited by Skarx

Sure! I trust you guys. :]

Oh, and if either of you have comments on how I could improve it please let me know! I'm a writer wannabe, so tips are LUFFED.

Skarx, how do you have five eggs on your scroll? I get locked at four.

Edited by Elsendor

xd.png I'll read it when my head doe snot pound so much, lot O text there! As for the 5 eggs the fifth can only be gained by breeding. <3

You are locked at 5 though. xd.png

Aaaaaaah okay.

And yes, there is a lot of text. My character profiles range between 3 and 8 Word pages... on like 10 point font Times New Roman, not 12 point. I get carried away.

EDIT: Did we lose Lily?

I just randomly realized I'm like the oldest DC member in this thread. (as in I've been a member the longest) <.<

Edited by Elsendor

xd.png Of course no. it kills good cells around the cancer too. The only reasons you lose your hairs is because it's so taxing on the body that it stop feeding useless part the energy to survive.

Not quite skarx, the reason hair falls out is that the cells that are most vulnerable to radiation damage the quick replicating cells, particularly those in the scalp that allow hair to grow and those in the digestive track.

Sorry. Parents decided to spontaneously drag me out for dinner. x___x

Anyways, jaina's right. As I said, chemo targets fast-dividing cells, which cancerous cells are. But another prominent example is hair follicles. That's why you lose your hair. wink.gif

Thanks for the article though! I'll read it when I have time (working on a sprite now :3).

I appear to be the oldest member after Elsendor? xd.png I think.

Nope. That would be the person with the really blue anime girl as her avatar, can't remember the name at this very moment. She's 6,000 something.