Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

it is a bit hard when you have people like dash and manga among others who make such epic, both long and good, posts

No, it's fine, myahoo. smile.gif We're in the carriage; there's nothing much to write about anyways. xd.png

Dash, have I ever told you how much I adore reading your RP posts? Very descriptive, humorous, and your characters all have such interesting personalities (love Carlie xd.png). I just wanted to ask, are you planning on having Carlie and Lakshmi fall in love with each other? X3 And what was that possessive spirit thingy? Sorry, didn't read your first few posts.

Edited by lilyice

I hope you all don't mind if I poke my nose in here for a moment just to tell you that I am getting a great rush out of just reading this RP. -stalker- ninja.gif :] It's refreshingly literate, with everyone managing to put out such great posts. I believe it is the second-best roleplay I have ever seen (the best being on sort of hardcore site, so no surprise....xd.png) Keep it up!

What a nice compliment Elsedor! I have to admit I loved this RP and that's why I wanted to join. I mean, c'mon. Faeries!

And, I haven't read the latest IC posts yet so I dunno if I'm late or anything, but Gordon would definitely move if asked... I swear I wasn't trying to make it difficult for you, Manga! Gordon's a social butterfly so he just went to where he saw the people. rolleyes.gif

Yeah... I came back to DC after being grounded for far too long... and then realized I'd missed out on joining the best RP ever. It was like... daaaaaaaaaaaaaaang.

Dashidragon's last post was a blast to read.

Edited by Elsendor

Well, maybe Manga can think of a spot for you to join? I wouldn't count on it, though, she seems to have this RP thought out down to the particulars. Just an idea....

But ya I agree I loved it! The beginning made me laugh, but then the latter part was very strange indeedy.

Oh! And Myahooo, I like your posts! They're very categorical, like you're taking inventory. happy.gif

Naw, I asked about it, but it's full. xd.png She said she'll let me know if a spot opens up though, so I've taken the official role of -stalker- It's like reading a good book!

I would have thought that longer posts would lead to easier responses. At least, that's what Khallayne says. Besides, if it were the opposite, it seems hardly fair that people should have to write shorter posts just so others don't have to think about their own responses as much.

Mya, it should be fine. ^^ Conversing posts are short by nature.

I doubt Carlie and Lakshmi would fall in love. It'd be boring for Dash, wouldn't it? But I'll let Dash explain that.

Elsie, you read through everything already? That was fast! Dash's posts are always a blast to read. I wish my epic post could be like that. I hardly think that this would be the second best RP. There are a lot of others that you haven't looked at. wink.gif Like I said, I'll notify you once there's an open spot, but I'm not sure if there will be.

Odio, how did you know that I planned most of it out to the finest detail? *is confuzzled* I don't think I've done anything drastic in the plot yet to make that obvious.

do we have everyone in the carriage yet manga?

I'm a fast and devoted reader. xd.png And as for roleplays, I'm only allowed to pick up one because of the amount of time I put into them. So I'm waiting until I find something epic.

The possessive spirit thing is a reference back to some of my previous posts. The possessive spirit thing is exactly what it is though, a unspecified possessive spirit thing. I purposefully never mentioned what it is or where it comes from or what its 'job' really is because I want it to remain mysterious and make peple wonder what in the world it is. Its actually sort of a symbol for the role of destinity in life and is posing the question whether it can really be fought or does something higher control our lives...

lol That sounded way too deep *flushes philosphical stuff down toliet*

No way.

Locke + Carlie = Never Happening

To explain what happened between them in the last post I'll do another equation

Locke (Hot girl) + Carlie (Dude) = Carlie that looks like this to find a hot girl wrapping her arms around his waist, 8D

In other words, Carlie was just being a dude. He is actually annoyed by her, consdiring her ditzy personality and tendency to be happy all of the time. Still doesn't change the fact he likes a hot girl wrapping her arms around his waist though xd.png

I apologize for not having posted in a week. It'd be simplest to blame it on spring break. Leave it at that.

I'll read and see what I've missed.

On second thought, would anyone be so nice as to recap? I'll probably not have to do much b/c Sen's just going crazy ATM, but it'd be nice to know what happened.

Oh, and hi, new person.

Edited by RheaDark

Um... As a reminder... who is inside the cart I have to go in again? I can't remember...

...I haz cookies? *Shows a couple of cookies*

-steals a cookie and scurries into the corner to squat there nibbling and muttering something about a birthday present while waiting for another post to read-

biggrin.gif

Edited by Elsendor

I think Sen and Breckin and Kathy and Mark and Shira and Gordon are in the big carriage at the moment, maybe more since I haven't checked the IC in, say, 24 hours.

Oh, and Manga it just seemed like you had some plans, I honestly have no idea!

Please enjoy your lurking, Elsendor! ^^ Hope you find this RP enjoyable to read. (I do wish we had one more open spot... you sound like a fun RPer to have around. :3)

@ Rhea; Nothing much happened, really. Since your last post, the group consisting of Breckin, Gordon, an unconscious Evelyn, Danni, and Sadine arrived at the clearing with the carriages. Kathy and Varianne bickered, Varianne shot out some crazy theories, and it was basically a whole bunch of talking with the Umbras. Everyone was having doubts and suspicions and whatnot. The Umbras gave little or confusing explanations. Breckin found out that his skin glows when underneath direct rays of the sunglight; Greg grew these small vestigial wings on his back, which he retracted. Kathy and Varianne were both on the verge of leaving, at one point, but Kathy eventually gave in and went in the carriage, followed by Shira (who went out to stop the argument) and Breckin. Gordon also dragged Evelyn in.

Sophia, getting bored, went outside and is just sleeping beside the carriage. Greg went out to poke her. Danni and Varianne started arguing, because of something Danni said. Carlie and Lakshmi met up outside the park gate and just arrived, with Carlie having an injured leg and a broken bone.

Hmmm yeah. If I forgot anything, others are welcomed to add to this.

Bleh bleh bleh to busy/panicky/miserable week. I was hoping to post today but I had to do my project. I wanna post tomorrow but I'm coming back at 5 something then going off to tuition after dinner. Wednesday... Maybe. But I have a report (in BM, which doesn't help) to write finish by this week. Maybe Thursday though I'm staying in school and coming back around 5 only... Staying in school till simillar time during Friday and Saturday... I'm free on Sunday!

But if you guys are impatient, Varrianne's going to go on another rave, scream at no one in particular and get too close to one of the pegasus. It gets pissed by the bad vibe she gave off then accidentally/intentionally hit her and knocked her out.

Oh, and enjoy your read, Elsendor!

Edited by Rosella Surmane

Thanks, Lily and Rosella. :] I've run out of fantasy novels I haven't read sixteen times or more, and my mother throws a fit when I bring new ones into the house. xd.png

As for RP... -evillaugh- I will be happy to hop in if ever a spot does open, Lily. I'm an RP junkie and have been since I was twelve. I'm just time-starved as of late, so I'm taking my time ferreting out one perfect roleplay to invest my heart and soul into. ninja.gif

On a random DC note... I've been idiotically managing to keep myself perpetually scroll-locked with ridiculously inbred orphans off the annoyingly frequent AP. -adverb love-

Edited by Elsendor

lofreakingl

There's a raven wandering around the roof in front of my window, and I could almost swear it's a Brannachvar. It's been staring at me oddly... There was a tennis ball that's been sitting out there for over a year (my brothers' misfiring), and when I thought hey, he should push it down he did. Creepy. And then he went back to staring at me.

Okay then. If you guys are fine with it. Thanks for the positive comments, though.

-pokes the thread-

I messed up badly last night. Stayed up waaaaaaaay too late and nosed sites I shouldn't have. I should just stick to nosing DC and Midsummer Shadows and I'll be fine.

Edited by Elsendor

Ooh, rainbow-y colours pretty. *w*

So who do we still need to post?

Rose said that she won't be free until Sunday, so Manga, can you whip up a post about Varianne getting fired up, insulting the pegasi, and getting knocked out? Then we just need the Umbras to notice Carlie and Lakshmi, stuff everyone in the carts, and off we go. Yes? :3

Oh btw, I realized that I never replied to Dash. xd.png I thought so. It wouldn't be very fun to RP two of your own charries falling in love, lol. But still, they kinda make a cute couple? ;D

I has posted. Sophia is in a bad mood now too. I apologize to all I may have been mean to.

Wanna see the cart go. Can't wait to see the next part.

That rainbow text was a really nice surprise! And I'm sorry you had an unfortunate internet experience sad.gif

But LOL at Skarx's last post! That was really funny how Sophia reacted to Greg - I'd forgotten all about her temper!