Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

It's 11:35 P.M. where I live right now. Still a Wednesday!!!

Okay, so I pretty much described the mansion already, but since I'm pretty sure that that description failed, here's a quoted description from the post I've been writing since February:

... [it was] an enormous mansion looming... amidst a large clearing. It was a gorgeous place, with a seemingly medieval air about it. The mansion was painted an ivory-white color, with massive French windows and balconies, but the black roof, intricately designed with some sort of European architecture, was so huge that at first glance, the entire mansion seemed black. Tall Leylandii trees grew farther off, bordering both sides of the mansion, and at their roots grew flowers of all sorts- bluebells, foxgloves, primroses, and countless others. A great, green lawn lay stretched out before the elegant, elaborate house.

... [There was a] massive stone staircase that led up to the great house...

The doors that served as entrance into the grand mansion were proportionate to the rest of the place, meaning, in simpler words, that they were enormous...

Don't mind the past tense. :3

So, if any of you are confused in where the hybrids have been sent, here's the list:

Infirmary:

Carlie

Evelyn

Lakshmi

Dungeon:

Alina

Clay

Gordon

Varianne

Room 1:

Kathy

Danni

Room 2:

Sophia

Sadine

Shira

Room 3:

Greg

Sen

Room 4:

Breckin

Mark

There you go.

The rooms are all uniform. All of them have three twin-sized beds, the heads lined against the wall. Between two of the three beds is a nightstand, upon which sits a jug of water and a plate of baguettes. There are no windows and no doorknob, but there's a bathroom. The doors are made of iron, so if your character is idiotic enough to stand next to the door for more than half an hour, expect them to pass out.

The dungeons are quite awful, needless to say. It's completely dark in there, like in a cave when they turn off the lights. Alina and Clay should be capable of seeing faint outlines (only), but Varianne and Gordon are pretty much blind. They can't adjust to the dark because there's no light at all.

I'll describe the infirmary when Dash replies. :3

One more thing: The Umbralatronis have lighting, plumbing, microwaves, fridges, cell phones, etc. Just because they don't have modern weapons doesn't mean they're completely medieval. What they don't have are televisions, computers, internet, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting.

And that's probably all I wanted to say. *heads off to bed*

woot! *reads the super-duper post manga just posted.* and i'm glad you put this up here, explaining who went where. I was going to be confused as to who was who if you didn't. XD

hm, now, I don't know if I should post so soon, or if I should wait for another person to post...

I'll post after school today (it's morning right now) depending on how much homework I manage to get finished during school... which is usually all of it xd.png. The only way I won't is if a teacher throws an unexpected tough assignment at me.

Edited by Dashidragon

ah, thank you manga, I like how well you did that post too

Thanks Jaina. :3

I have to go update the Updates later. I have school right now.

Dash, if Carlie and Locke do decide to take the horses, just have the horses fly up to the top of the stairs. If not, pay me no mind. ^^

yay, jaina posted. ^^ Though, I wonder if lilyice will post before me, or if I should post first. hmmm....well, I shouldn't be posting while I'm in class, which starts in about an hour. Have to leave soon though to get to school. *is so going to be on while in class* I'm such a bad girl.

Anyways, I wonder if Danni and Kathy will be friends?

School computer between classes = NOT ENOUGH.

I need to be more careful. My mom seems to think I'm online 24/7 because I use my laptop a lot, even when I'm SO not online. I may be scarce the next couple of days, may not. In that case do not fear my defection--it will never happen. I am still jotting things down, writing demons, further sleeking my character profile because I'm OCD, wondering what you guys are up to, and all that. If things get really bad I'll be a regular user of school computers like I was for the last RP site, so things should be okay. XD

well, that's good. Just make sure to get your school work done ^^

I bring my laptop with me to class, and use the wifi my college has. Surprisingly, their wifi is better than the wifi at my house...

EDIT: I had typed "me" instead of "my" again. XD

Edited by Kira1

*noms on amazing Manga post*

Yaaay for arriving at the mansion! Poor dark/winter hybrids. :x

Kira, please go ahead and post. ^^ I probably won't have a post up tonight... I'm a bit busy with schoolwork and whatnot. Though yesh, I think Kathy and Danni miiiight just develop a budding friendship. :3

Edited because Lily can't spell when just coming back from a tiring day at school. x____x

Edited by lilyice

Ohei I made a post.

It fails compared to... *pokes posts of other peeps* I envies writing skillz.

go one page back and look for manga's last post on that page. she lists who goes where in her post.

Evelyn is still being lugged around like luggage, lul. It works for her.

I'll wake her up soon-ish.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Sen is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!

My head is filled with Spanish. <.<

EDIT: Maaaaaaaaaaanga you made Sen cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

i <3 daydreams. Enough said.

Edited by Elsendor

You guys are starting to make me wonder if it's my post you like or the fact that we're at the mansion, because I honestly don't see anything so great about my post. xd.png

Murder, you do know who Breckin's roommate is now, right?

Well, I had paired the hybrids on whom I thought they would get least along with. Before all these others ended up getting wounded, the list was something like this:

Danni

Evelyn

Lakshmi

Sophia

Shira

Sadine

Kathy

Carlie

Breckin

Mark

Sen

Greg

You could sort of see what I mean. The ones that don't seem to fit in are there just because I haven't seen their personality enough to see who they wouldn't get along with. xd.png

I didn't make Sen cry, did I? I think it was more of the plants constantly warbling. Don't worry Sen ^^ If you want to get rid of the constant talking, just let the demons and Dark/Winter Faeries have their way. ^^ I'm pretty sure that they would greatly appreciate it.

Well, tomorrow is Saturday. A lot of people haven't posted anyways, but still, on Sunday, I will assume that it's midnight, no matter what. Of course, you have most of Sunday to do that as well, considering my late-night posting. :3 I'm almost done with my post anyways, so it probably won't be posted as late as the last two times. I really hope that you guys won't hate the post...

Edited by Mangaholic

not sure which it was Manga, but your post made us happy so I wouldn't worry either way

Well, I'm breaking my promise now, for two reasons. The first would be that I've temporarily lost my motivation to finish that post, and I'd rather not finish it if it's going to end up bad. The second would be that a lot less people posted than I had originally expected, so I'm going to wait for a couple more people to post for their characters. It'll also give time for the other characters to interact, and I'd rather not cut that short before conversations barely start.

If you have a good reason for why I shouldn't do this, feel free to speak up. :3 I'll tell y'all when I'd like midnight to come. Probably by Wednesday, but I can't say for sure. :\

Rhea, you can make Sen evil if you'd like. It'd make for a more interesting plot, and like Brunor had mentioned, it's not like the prophecy says anything against it.

I'm in the middle of typing my post up now. I should have had it done earlier... but I'm just lazy sometimes so... but I'm working on it now and I'll get it done and post it today or I'll beat myself over the head with a baseball bat.

Hehe, Carlie and Breckin would have been an explosive mix.

EDIT: Posted :3

Edited by Dashidragon

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu don't make Sen eviiiiiiiiiiiiiil!!!!! T_T -noms on Sen- You did not just see that.

It's SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATURDAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Elsendor