Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

So many colors O_o That must have been a pain to do.

Sunday? huh.gif That's a looong while to wait. Very well, I'll go ahead and make Varianne blow up. If it doesn't fit what Varianne would actually, then Rose, you have the permission to smack me upside the head and then force me to fix that. :X It's bedtime for me right now though, so I can't write it now. Tomorrow, I'll be going to the orthodontist, so I might not be able to write it then either, depending on how much homework I get. I should be able to do it on Thursday, since I'm having tests on both Thursday and Friday - meaning probably no homework. Next week is my Spring Break, so I should have plenty of free time.

Just to let everyone know, when all of the charries are in the carriages, you’ll find, in the OoC thread, a schedule of what I plan for the following seven days after the whole punting on the carts. It should be enough time for me to get my post polished up and finished. I’ll almost done with it anyways. Just have to get Hadyn’s point of view through, which shouldn't be that hard, since his is going to be the shortest, I think. It should also be enough time for all the characters to get to know/hate/like each other more before the problems finally start rolling in.

Elsie, you're not supposed to double post... but in reply to that post, I'll just say everytime I see a raven (or a crow), I think someone's going to die. But that would just be me being overly superstitious. xd.png

I feel bad for blasting people like that. But really you had it coming xd.png

Poking her with your feet like that! I had fun writing it thinking about how to say it. I guess me not posting for days played with your memory.

Glad you liked it though. ^^

Edited by Skarx

Hmmm so should Gordon just walk out of the carriage or something, to get in the other one? I'm not really sure how to get him in there blink.gif

Well, there be my post. Sorry if it wasn't as great as you expected, but I got sick, so I can't think properly. Of course, there are people in worse conditions, but...

Odio, I think I solved your problem for you, but I couldn't resist making fun of Gordon a bit. That might bring up some problems.

Rosella, hopefully you're fine with what I did to Varianne.

Lore/Sand, Check this out. I believe I have come across what you have been seeking for some weeks ago. wink.gif

thanks for advancing us a bit manga, I wanted to ask, at that mansion, would each hybrid (best term for them I think) get to receive an actual weapon like a sword or something?

I would think that the non-dark and winter hybrids would get something while the dark and winter hybrids would get whipped and beaten.

Don't worry about it Manga, i found what I was looking for. Elemental Acedimea.

Meep, sorry about the double-post, Manga. As for the rainbow text--there's actually a thingummy that'll do it for you. XD I don't have the patience to do something like that myself.

COLORS!

In case anyone wants to know.

When I see crows/ravens I think of Crebain from Dunland. And hide.

At the mansion, so to speak, each of the hybrids will get extremely annoyed, for sure. "Okay, we get that you're sad and all, but can you save the tears for later please? Because WE. ARE GOING. TO DIE!" xd.png

But now to stop hinting at the future... I should think not, Jaina, for reasons that you'll find out if you can survive reading through my entire post (Yes, it's that bad). Maybe they will afterwards... but I can only see into the future so far, and only at certain interesting points. However, I should hardly think that that will affect Shirayuki, considering the fact that she has her throwing knives. As for the others, most of them don't know how to use weapons, so they'd probably end up accidentally killing each other instead of actually defending themselves. It's like playing tennis with a newb! 8D I was originally planning to have all of them pick up weapons, but I decided it was too lame and unnatural. Don't ask me too many questions about the future though. It's nice to keep things as surprises sometimes. wink.gif

The Dark and Winter hybrids would not get beaten. ohmy.gif The Umbralatronis aren't cruel; they're just very, very bitter people. They weren't mean to Gordon. Gordon just annoyed Brunor because he asked one too many questions. Varianne was annoying to everyone. Rhiannon has a valid reason for hating Clay on the spot. Tristen... Tristen's reason makes me laugh. It's so lame. xd.png Clay would probably be really pissed if he ever found out. As for Alina... if you were in their shoes, you'd probably react the same way they did too.

I realize that you're probably just joking, but oh well.

That makes a lot more sense, Elsie. That would have been a huge pain to do. O_o

It's sort of creepy. At my school, all you see are ravens/crows. Never a pigeon. On rainy days, there are only seagulls. And we're nowhere near the ocean. What the heck is up with that? Stupid gulls >_>

Back when I lived in San Diego there were gulls EVERYWHERE. I miss seeing them. It's kind of weird when you grow up with something and take it for granted... and then things change and you realize how much you loved it without knowing it...

As for pigeons... I haven't seen one since the last time I visited Pier 39. Somehow they don't seem common...

Reading this roleplay resulted in reading a third of Hunter's Moon... so addicted. Problem is my mom will not tolerate having those sorts of books in the house... -waiting for next library visit- I'm getting obsessed with Gaelic writing and language...maybe I'll go into linguistics or something... XD I love this RP!

Edited by Elsendor

I wanna go into linguistics! But they don't have it at my school sad.gif

So it's philosophy for now. laugh.gif

Okay I have to go read the IC!!

Philosophy. *Shudder*

I was SO boring... I did my best drawing in those classes xd.png

The teacher had a way to bring EVERYONE'S attention back xd.png

He would be talking then suddenly he start talking like this.

"And then we will buy a pizza, a HUGE pizza with HUGE pepperoni on it"

While drawing it then just as fast continue on his lecture. As if it had been a part of it O.o

As for the not mean people... I remember that Malduk beating Anila or something... forgot the name... you dark character, getting beaten into unconsciousness.

Also... Sophia is unarmed, but she can throw knives pretty well too. She was trained to. xd.png

I don't really know what to go into yet... but then I've got time. I graduate from high school in June, and the college I'm going to has a pretty good variety of academics. Not linguistics, as far as I know, but hey, who knows. I'd like to study it anyways, whether or not I really major in it. I'm obsessed with Gaelic, like Welsh and Irish... and I love French and looking at how languages change. And I love the fact that The Lord of the Rings originated in linguistics.

Bleh... I feel like a little kid complaining and fidgeting to say this... but I have to say that I hope I somehow get a place in this RP. -addicted-

Hmmm... I keep forgetting to say these things.

Rhea, I never noticed that you left. Sorry about that. I thought you just weren't posting because you couldn't think of anything to post for Sen.

Odio, if you were wondering about why Brunor didn't respond to Gordon about the whole "mundane science," just know that I didn't forget to add that in. Let's just say that Varianne's shouting drowned out Gordon's voice.

Her name's Alina, Skarx. xd.png It's sounds like you called her Vanilla. Lol, that'd be a great nickname for her, wouldn't it? And Malduk's crazy. He has a bad past... plus, you got to give him some credit for not killing Alina. After all, she got them all so mad. Not on purpose, of course.

I really do what your teacher did. That's sounds funny. xd.png But everytime I change the subject, my friends always think I'm up to something bad, or at least one of them does.

Oooh, you're reading Hunter's Moon now, Elsie? What part are you on? Why's your mom so strict about it? It's not like it's bad or anything. Just too many mischeivous fairies, that's all.

As for San Diego, do you happen to know whether or not UCSD is a good school to attend?

Anyways, now to actually say something useful. I keep forgetting to say this as well, but Lily won't be us for about a week or so, for reasons that I won't disclose. If your character starts a conversation with Kathy, don't fret if she doesn't answer.

Also, Lore/Sand, I believe you at last have something to reply to now. I realize that I forgot to mention that Clay was spraypainting, but let's just say that Brunor is too worried about Carlie (though he doesn't show it) to care.

Ha, yes Manga I'd noticed that Brunor seemed to be distracted by some of the more volatile hybrids. 8D

Just as a heads up (I'll let you know again before I dip out) but I'm going on a camping trip for two weeks at the end of May. I think it starts May 22? Something like that... I have a day off in between the two weeks so I'll try and check the boards then.

I'm baaack! (Temporarily, heh. I'll see if I can get a post up tomorrow.)

Erm, Odio reminded me of something. I'll just post it here.

Future dates that will prevent me from going online for more than three days:

- April 22 - March 2

- June 6 - 13

- August 22 - 27

All dates are subjected to change.

But yeah, these are the approximate times. It's just a heads up. They're all camping/field trips. I'm having a busy spring/summer this year. xd.png

UCSD... first of all... you have to be comfortable with large numbers of Asians. XD UCSD, UCLA, USC... I have a friend who made up acronyms like "University of Caucasians Lost in Asia" for them. It's a HUGE school, so if you like to have more personal attention, better research opportunities, get to know your teachers, etc... not the best place. That's why I didn't apply to any UCs.

Plus CA schools are nightmarishly expensive. The budget cuts have made them ridiculous-- tons of people are getting rejected from the UCs and flooding the junior colleges (where I am taking classes concurrently with high school). It's a mess...

Frankly that's about all I know about them. I hope it helps!

I should probably read Manga's post before asking this...

but I think I'll let Evelyn wake up now.

She's been passed out long enough. :3

eta;

holy shyat wow I haven't been following

I thought I was in the same carriage as Gordon but apparently not? o.O

Sorry for being so confused asdf

Edited by Sesshia

Well they were for a minute there but now they are not!

I love this rp btw.

I agree with Odio. <3 But once again, I'm swamped. I've just joined a competition for a club which I don't belong (nuh, more than half the people are) which I know I will regret since even without it I know I will regret it greatly since I'm already swamped as it is. I'm likely to be too brain-dead on Sunday again.

I think I might have to quit this RP... 0.o Especially since I can barely even get on as much as I used to. Might just drop off the face of Dragcave soon...

Just bumping the thread because it's awesome. :]

Awesome day in ceramics today, finally learned to wedge clay properly. XD

Edited by Elsendor

murder, don't forget monochromanity, it's rather bad to forget your own rp

I haven't forgotten it. I've just hit a stump on that one. With the reply I mean.

Heh I just wanted to point out that Sophia didn't really yell. It's more like a deeply annoyed way of talking soaked in sarcasm. I say when my character yells.

You also gave me an opportunity to talk! Yes! Sorry if I insult your character... I got nothing against you or him.

*notes that for next time*

Except I'm way too lazy to change it now :v

Is okay, lol. But personally I am getting a bit annoyed with all the unnecessary hostility, haha.