Kira1

The Agnimitra

Koi entered the infirmary with Arasi and Shadow following her, heading over to where Yue was strapped down. Sure enough, he was lying there awake and was watching as Koi entered the room with the other two.

"You two," she said, addressing Arasi and Shadow, "watch him. Another Agnimitra might come and try to rescue him. If that does happen, keep him from being rescued and contact me. I don't care if you kill the rescuer or not; sh!t happens."

With that said, she turned and left the infirmary once more to take care of some other work that she had.

Arasi watched as Koi left, turned to Shadow and then to the prisoner.

"Well, might as well pull up a chair," she said, grabbing a hold of the back of a chair that was near her to pull it close. She sat down with a sigh, leaning back to relax.

"Don't worry about it," Midnight replied, getting up and closing the window to stop the breeze from blowing in and latched it shut. She returned to her seat, still not looking at Sayuk, and set her gaze on Jade and Inazuma again.

"Speaking of remembering something, I don't suppose there has been anymore more progress on finding the Gem? The only clue we have isn't really much to go on..." Midnight trailed off, waiting to see if the others had any input on this subject.

Shadow snickered at the mention of killing someone, nodding to Koi before she left. "This'll be fun." She said with oddly no hint to the happiness she felt. She pulled up a chair by the door, leaning back with a smile on her face. "So who do you think might be stupid enough to come?" Shadow asked, her head raising from laying back to look at Arasi. The smile on her face seemed almost creepy now but that probably was she hardly ever smiled about anything.

Jade sighed and shook her head,"I wish there was any news about it that I can talk about but there is nothing that has reached my ears. The Black Dragon hasn't really been much into finding it if you ask me." She looked at her hands as she kept speaking,"He was having a party today because somebody came. I know it's some lady but I don't really know who she is." She sighed and leaned back a bit in the chair. The wind started to blow at a normal pace and she smiled a bit. She closed her eyes and then looked at Midnight,"All I really found out these past few days is where the Black Dragon's Main base is and everybody knows that. Right?"

Yue watched the three converse before the one he knew as Koi walked away, leaving the other two behind. Apparently they were supposed to be watching him. He continued to watch Koi's retreating figure for a few more moment before looking to the other two, glaring daggers at them. He was obviously unhappy about his current situation. He gave an angry snort before laying back down, knowing he wouldn't be able to escape with these two around and how weak he was feeling at the moment. His brow furrowed a bit when he heard his name called, resisting the urge to look around. It took him a moment to realize that someone was trying to contact him through mindspeak and he almost immediately recognized the voice. "Bane? Is that you?" he responded back, maintaining a blank face so as to not rouse suspicion.

Bane resisted the urge to break out in a grin as he heard Yue's reply. "Aye, it's me. I'm inside the Dark Dragon's base, are you hurt? Where are you?" He continued along the wall, shrinking back when he spotted a lookout tower up there and going a bit more carefully as he went past it. Getting caught wasn't high on his list of priorities. He thought carefully as he looked around. Yue was a wounded captive, so likely he would be being guarded carefully, either in the cells or in the infirmiry. Any large military base would have both, though to him all the grey buildings looked much the same and he had no idea which either of them would be. The larger buildings were likely the best bet.

Yue reisted the urge to sigh in relief to not alert the other two watching him. He was glad that it was indeed Bane, but on the other hand he wasn't. "I'm in a bit of pain at the moment, but fine nonetheless," he responded wearily, maintaining his calm composure despite his current situation. He had to think about where he was for the second part of Bane's question, however. He glanced around, surveying his surroundings once again before responding again. "It seems like I am in some kind of medical ward. I'm strapped down to a bed and two other from Dark's army are watching me, he finished, taking a moment to glance at said members of the army. He didn't like the look on one of the female's face, scowling a bit for a split-second before putting on a calm mask again. He refused to look weak in front of member's of Dark's army.

Well, that sorted out what to look for. "Right. It may take me a while to find you. Tell me what you can about your guards." Bane said, glancing around to check the coast was clear before bolting for the cover of the buildings. There didn't seem to be anyone around, but you couldn't really be too careful when in the heart of enemy territory. There was a large building over to his left that looked promising, so he headed that way.

Shadow sighed, looking everywhere around the infirmary for a little while before watching their prisoner. She still was sitting at the door but instead of relaxing she sat up. Relaxing on the job wasn't really something Shadow ever did unless at a party, in which case it wasn't really on a job then. "How long you think we'll be here?" She asked Arasi absentmindedly, looking up at the ceiling for a moment before sticking her head out the door to see if anyone was around. No one so far. Shadow relaxed a little, sitting back in her chair and taking a look at their entertainment purpose. He didn't seem to happy to be here from the looks of things, but then who would seem happy to be here anyhow?

"Probably until they take him to the dungeons. I assume they're keeping him here for now because he had been injured, and they didn't want him dying just yet. After all, Dark gives everyone a chance to join him. If they don't, then they forfeit their life," Arasi said, frowning a bit because she did not like that ideal very much. The whole trying to unify the Agnimitra to make the planet green again was a great idea. How he was going about it was wrong, but there wasn't much she could do about it. After all, she was only in her position because of her powers. Arasi wasn't much of a physical fighter, albeit she had been receiving training, and had a long way to go.

A thought flashed through her mind, of aiding whoever this rescuer was. If Koi thought someone was coming for the captured Agnimitra, she was most likely correct since she was the one who brought him in the first place. However, she knew Shadow would not let anyone escape and dealing with her would be the hardest. Especially since Arasi had made somewhat of a friend in Shadow.

"Yes, we pretty much know where Dark is. It's not like he keeps it that big of a secret," Midnight replied, going to her own thoughts about the clue.

"You must be smart or stupid to look here..." she mumbled to herself as she mulled it over. Well, if one was thinking along the lines of stupid places for an Agnimitra to go, one would be Dark's base, but that would make it too easy for Dark to find. Another place that Agnimitra never ventured was the continent at the bottom of the world where everything was an icy wasteland; Antarctica. To come to that conclusion, and to even be able to venture through Antarctica, one would have to be smart.

"That's it!" Midnight suddenly blurted out. "We're going to Antarctica, so wear warm clothes," she declared and then her eyes locked onto Sayuk, the only ice Agnimitra in the room who would be able to survive the freezing weather of Antarctica and give them any hope of finding the Gem down there.

She pulled off a knife off of her belt as she stood walking towards Sayuk, but moved with no intention of stabbing him. Instead she made a small cut on the forefinger of her right hand. After placing the knife back in its sheathe, she squeezed her finger and a large red drop welled up. Once by Sayuk, she pushed his bangs back and took hold of his hair so he couldn't move away from her. She began to speak in an old forgotten language, speaking quickly and softly as then drew a symbol on Sayuk's forehead with her blood. When she had finished with the old and powerful spell, she took a step back, watching as the symbol in blood faded away. This meant that the spell worked. She still stared at Sayuk with serious eyes as she pulled a bandage from her pocket to place around where she had cut her finger.

Edited by Kira1

(( ohmy.gifxd.png Shadow may have a bit more trouble then.... I can't imagine how two-on-one is fair though laugh.gif but hey, I never said she couldn't handle it... even if she looses... she can handle it (she'll just be mad more often) ))

Shadow nodded to Arasi, smiling a little. "That's the fun part though..." She said, glancing over to Yue. She returned to looking about the room, mostly to keep checking on the outside for anyone coming. Always the fun part... Shadow thought, her smile growing a bit more sinister in it's look before fading to nothing. If anyone was coming in here they'd have their scales-worth of a problem.

Shadow sighed softly, wishing she wasn't watching the prisoner but instead giving him a chance to see what was planned for him later. She stuck her head out the door again, thinking someone was there to find it was nothing. Better safe than sorry. Shadow thought, looking again around the room as glances.

" Alright" he responded back to Bane before focusing on describing the two female Agnimitra that were keeping him company. He looked over to the two, giving them a glare as he studied them for a moment before laying his head back down, not wanting them to suspect anything. One dragon, the one who just a few moment ago had been smiling like a crazed person, had red hair. From what he could tell by studying her aura, she controlled fire...and something else. Shadows perhaps? He wasn't entirely sure. But nonetheless, he knew she was powerful. He then focused his attention to the other sitting beside her. This other one had silver hair and seemed to be a mix of different things as well. That made it difficult to tell what kind of dragon she was, and in turn made things difficult for him to figure out what power she held. When he gathered as much as he could, he relayed what information he had gathered. He blinked when he heard what the silver-haired female said. So they were only keeping him here because he was injured? And then they would move him to the dungeons to 'convince' him to join. He gave a quite irritated growl at the thought. Over his dead body! There was no way that he would ever join the army of someone so twisted. And as he had said to himself before, he would not go out without a fight! He was damn sure sure of that!

Jade couldn't help it. She jumped and the chair fell back. She picked up the chair quickly but didn't sit back down. She watched Midnight as she did the spell and listened to the words. She recognized some of them from something her mother used to sing to her but didn't understand it. She sat down after some time though and shivered at the thought of going to Antarctica,"Why are we going to go there? Nobody ever goes there and-" She stopped as she thought for a moment,"You think the Gem might be down there. Right?"

Bane nodded to himself as Yue relayed the information. The other Agnimitra's thought-speak was coming through stronger now, so he must be going the right way. Two guards against just him and, if he got the chance to free him, a wounded Yue. Their being female and thus (probably) physically weaker than him would give him a slight advantage if he could get the element of surprise on his side, but they were guards and they would most likely be expected him to attack them. He steeled his resolve and closed his eyes for a moment, shifting around to re-orientate himself towards where Yue was being held. He set off again, and when he got near to the room he drew his staff from its place on his back and readied it to give the first person he saw a sound whack in the face.

When Midnight suddenly jumped of her seat after suddenly looking at him intensely he took a step back in surprise. Though when she cut her fingertip while going toward him he was curious as to what she was up too... Nothing good that was pretty obvious, but he could not leave the room since he said he was going to came back and stay inside... Whatever she was planning he didn't have much choice, but at least the knife was not for his guts. Having already decided to let her do it he was annoyed with her grabbing his bangs and holding him in place with his white hair while drawing and chanting a spell. The spell part he disliked, but he had no choice.

Once she finished everything and set his bangs free, be backed away in case she decided to do it again. He could feel the spell trying to get a hold of him, he had a fairly good idea what kind of spell it was since they knew who he was. The more he tried to fight it from getting in his mind the more he flet the effect of the drug blocking him from having ANY kind of succes. In the end he lost against it and glared at the curse girl.

"What was THAT for! You didn't feel like you already had enough control over me with your cursed drugs!?"

He was angry, but he could not help wonder about them wanting to go to Antartica.

"You really think the gem would be somewhere lost in the ice and snow of the north? ...What is your plan and why did you chant a spell on me for?"

((Wow, I must be getting the hang of Sayuk's character now. I thought he might say something like that XD))

"Yes, I do think it's somewhere down in the ice and snow," Midnight glanced at Jade and then back to Sayuk, "As for that spell, while it's in affect you won't have to take that drug anymore to limit your power. It makes it so I am the only one who can read your mind, but don't worry, I have no need to invade your mind. And now the only mind you can look into is mine. This spell also makes you obedient to me, so I am commanding you now to not look into my mind. Don't try to disobey any orders I give you either, or else the spell will take care of punishing you for disobedience. It will be a pain in your head that will get the point through to obey me.

When you regain your powers, you may use your ice to keep yourself cool since I figure you don't like the heat. However, I forbid you from using your powers on anyone else. Also, you are not allowed to harm another in anyway. You will lead myself and some others through Antarctica safely, to find wherever the Gem might be down there."

She looked to Inazuma and Jade then, not waiting to hear a reply from Sayuk.

"I assume you two will accompany me? It will be dangerous in Antarctica, but hopefully Sayuk is competent enough to lead us. I will also ask Kasai and Sen to come with. Is there anyone else who we should bring with is?"

Inazuma simply nodded when she mentioned him accompanying her to Antarctica. He hadn't met this Kasai and Sen yet, but if Midnight thought they should join them then it was alright with him. There wasn't anyone else that Inazuma could think of that should come along too. The group that Midnight had already consider to assemble should be enough. Though, anyone who wished to aid in the search for the Gem in Antarctica would most likely be welcomed to join them.

---

Arasi was alert when she sensed a presence with an intent to harm. She quickly stood, staying by the captured Agnimitra and waited to see if anyone would come rushing into the infirmary. No doubt her sudden action of standing would put Shadow on her toes. Though, Arasi had a decision to make now; help the captured Agnimitra be rescued his his rescuer, or aid Shadow in stopping the rescuer. Also, if she helped the captured Agnimitra, Shadow would most likely be able to tell. This made it tempting to escape with these two Agnimitra. After all, now would be the best time since everyone on the base was off duty except herself, Shadow, and most likely Koi still.

That said he could not help but feel anger at being put under someone's claws once more with the same effect he had with his master. Obey or suffer. How he loathed those people who took control of others minds that way. She did say she would not invade his mind, but how could he be so sure she would not? She was wicked enough to reduce him to the state of an obedient dog after all! ...He should not complain too much... She did free him from the drug and he was feeling the effect wear off slowly, he lifted his hands and focused to make a small cold mist around his fingers and managed to do it. It felt so good to know he finally had his power back, slowly but surely. He was far from having much back, but still.

"Those are my orders. So be it."

At the mention of his leading competence he raised an eyebrow before returning to his usual expression, none.

"You doubt me, but still ask me to lead your little team? I don't have any choice, but to listen to you so I will not lead you into a trap or any danger if it can be avoided. As ordered. When do we leave? I have things I'll have to prepare for the north, especially if you plan on travelling as humans."

He was already making plans about the quest. It would be cold, they'd need warm clothes that could fit their human form, if they were to change they would freeze quickly without anything to cover their scales. Same for food, most of it was inside the water, which was even colder then the freezing air outside. They'd need rations in case. So much to think about, it was giving him more energy then he had these last days with all the cleaning, the killing had been nice though.

((You think? xd.png It's not like he's really hard to get for someone who can "read" his mind, but he'd be pretty strange to anyone who just heard his voice. alot.png))

Edited by Skarx

(( I felt the need to make a reply, since i was mentioned after some time. At least he will be awake when you ask him.))

Kasai tossed and turned in his sleep. Conflicting emotions plagued his mind as his dreams attempted to claim him. Despite wanting nothing more at the moment then to be embraced by the dreaming world, his mind couldn't bring itself to allow him. Eventually, he finally broke through, and witnessed a dream he had become used to over the years. Once again he saw a man die. He stil could do nothing to save him, and he didn't really care to try anymore.

Every semblance of free will, of right and wrong, of anything his mind knew and cherished was removed from him in this dream. He had grown to accept this feeling of powerlessness, to the point that he simply stopped caring about it. That didn't mean it would stop plaguing him. As the dream finally came to a close, he awoke in a cold sweat.

"Looks like no matter how much I accept it in my mind, my body will still reject the feeling..." stated Kasai weakly. He had a great urge to chat with Midnight, and hated how she wasn't here now. Without her there there is no reason for him to stay. He realized there seemed to be danger in the outside world, but why should he care? He didn't cause some war. He didn't make it so the people would be forced into hiding. Why should he make an attempt to work with them here?

Kasai shook his head. Those were selfish thoughts, things that didn't come as naturally to him. Being intelligent in strategic warfare didn't make him less naive about normal subjects. He felt maybe it was about time he attempted to do something for someone other than himself.

Quickly getting out of bed and getting dressed, Kasai walked over to the candle that was still lit. Judging by the light outside, or lack thereof, it was nighttime. He couldn't tell how long he slept, but it seemed to be enough for him to not be utterly exhausted and to deal with his day as it comes. He stretched his arms and put his katana on his belt as he walked out of the room, deciding to kill time by walking around the place.

Edited by ceonn

((I'm glad to see you're still paying attention ceonn~ ^^

Lol, Sayuk is just strange. X3 And it's the south, not the north.))

"I better not have any reason do doubt you," she replied, looking to Sayuk once more, "and yes, we'll have to travel in our human forms since the cold there will be too much for our dragon forms. When we reach the south, it'd be quicker to continue by riding on your back while you're in dragon form. I will get clothes suitable for the freezing weather of Antarctica for us, as well as pack all the rations we will need. For water, it's not hard to find that when there's snow all around. I can fill canteens with my powers while we're there. We will depart in the morning. For now, get some rest."

Midnight then turned away from the group, signaling that the conversation was over. She headed for her room, planning on getting everything together before going to bed herself, when down the hall she came upon Kasai.

"Kasai, I'm glad I found you. We're making an expedition to Antarctica. I believe the Gem is down there. I want you to come with. We'll leave in the morning, so make sure to rest."

((Yeah, couldn't say much with ceonn being asleep, so I sorta just waited xd.png))

As he began to walk down the hallway a bit, he couldn't help but notice a familiar smell. Midnight! He smirked and moved towards her, until finally he found her in the hallway. After listening to what she had to say, he instantly became interested. He was looking for a gem. Was he actually going to come by it so easily? He still wanted to know more details, as he was unsure if he was thinking of what she was talking about. "I'm glad you are here, because I wanted to talk with you." said Kasai in reply. "I want to know what's going on here. Who is Dark, and what is this gem?" He wanted to know much more then that, but the basic details will suffice for now. Eventually he can just put the pieces together himself either way.

Bane gripped the handle of the door carefully, listening hard with ears and mind to see who was inside. Definitely Yue and... two others. Females, from what he could tell. And at least one of them was alert to his presence. She could make things very difficult; he didn't like to kill if he didn't have to, but he might not have a choice here. His grip tightened, and with a savage snarl he threw the door open and swung with all his strength at the first person he saw.

That conversation being over he also left the room not caring about anyone comment. His powers were coming back and he was just glad about it. He could finally keep his cool in the heat. He waited until the night was more present and his powers back to a decent level before he went hunting for useful material for the south. He took a nap while waiting in his room. Once it was about time he tested his secret power, after making sure no one was around. When he saw himself turn invisible he nodded. He could be sneaky again now and he would make use of this. He had his orders, don't hurt or use his powers on anyone but himself. Fine. This would not touch anyone directly.

He left his room with a bag and went for the infirmary where he sneaked into the pharmacy. Once there he went through the entire stock looking for precise medicines. Some that would help heal wound and some that will warm people up. He also bagged a couple of much more dangerous stuff he could use as poison if need be. Then he hid his theft so it would not be found before a little while. All he had to do now was to get material to repair his coat, which he knew he could find one of the housing place. After another while he found what he needed and went back to his room to finish his job. Once it was done he put it aside and went to sleep. Tomorrow was a big day and he was going to go in his home domain, the ice lands. He was a bit annoyed he'd have to carry the others, but it would be faster to move around.

Yue watched the two females intently, brows furrowed in annoyance at his situation but mainly at the fact that there was nothing he could do. He growled when one of the females, the silver-haired one, suddenly stood. She must have sensed that someone was nearby. Who he didn't entirely know, but he hoped that it wasn't Bane. He jumped a bit, startled by the sudden loud noise of the door slamming open and a rather loud snarl broke the silent air, his blue eyes widening a bit as his gaze set on Bane. He sincerely wished that he could move so he could help his comrade.

"That's right, I forgot you didn't know," Midnight replied before continuing on to explain. She told him all about how Dark wanted to unite all Agnimitra to stop the humans from the polluting the world, but somewhere along the lines he forgot about the peace and began forcing Agnimitra to join him or face death. She also informed him about the Gem, which was a sacred item to the Agnimitra and it was the only way they were going to defeat Dark who currently was the most powerful Agnimitra in the world.

"Any questions?" she asked, wanting to make sure he wasn't confused about anything. If he didn't have anything to ask, then she would move along to go gather supplies that they would need for tomorrow's trip.

---

The one closet to where the Agnimitra busted in was Shadow. A bit surprised by the sudden attack, Arasi swiftly used her powers to cover the room in a dense fog that hindered everyone's sight. The only person who could see Arasi at the moment was the captured Agnimitra because she was right next to him. Shadow would still be able to see her attacker because they'd be right next to each other, but the two would be able to slip into the fog and be out of the others' sight.

Knowing that this would be her only opportunity for a long while, Arasi swiftly turned around and began undoing the straps that kept the captured Agnimitra down on the bed. Her fingers worked as quick as they could, stumbling a bit sometimes in her haste, before the straps were thrown off of him and she urged him to stand before Shadow realized what Arasi was doing.

Listening to the whole thing, Kasai was left rather interested. From what was said, Dark felt more like an arrogant tyrant to him. Then again, it was dark's enemy that told of his plans. Sometimes hatred of him could go so far as to give the wrong impression. Midnight didn't seem like the type of person to do that though. Either way, if they were going on a trip to get this orb, perhaps he will see firsthand what's been going on. Then he remembered something. His glyph! He can't leave it here unattended. Perhaps...

"I have no further questions. I can however, make getting there much faster." said Kasai. "I can create glyphs for instant transportation. I could easily make it so you don't have to waste any time getting there." It would certainly be easier. Despite the drawback that he'd be pretty weak, his new, recent ability he had been attempting to finish up might be able to cover the high cost.

((I'm having Kasai develop a new ability. Is it OK?))

Edited by ceonn

((Yeah, that's fine. I like the idea of them teleporting to Antarctica.

Also, ceonn, you forgot to capitalize "either" there at the beginning of your sentence.))

"If you could teleport us there, that would make things so much easier," Midnight replied earnestly. This would mean they would last longer in the Arctic since they wouldn't be exhausted from the trip down there, as well as save on rations.

"Tell me more while we walk. You can also help me with packing rations and the clothes we'll need to bring along," she told Kasai, and began to lead the way down the hall. First they would go to the kitchen to get rations, and then head to where extra coats and other clothes were stored. She was pretty sure that last time she checked, there was snow gear in there. She moved swiftly so as not waste any time. They would need to pack at least a weeks worth of rations. It was just a good thing that the rations they had lasted for months before they went bad. It may not have been anything that tasted good, but it was stuff full with all the vitamins and protein that they would need to keep their strength up.