Kira1

The Agnimitra

Theres that word again. As he began to hear a gust of wind inside the room, he realized something important. This was the clue he was looking for. This was unnatural wind, meaning only one thing. Magic was being used. He just didn't understand one detail. He called himself an Agnimitra... If he was the same then why didn't the man know that? Kasai ignored those thoughts ad opened the door to Jades room. Realizing it was locked, he took it as a chance to make sure the man understood he didn't need protecting here.

Kasai took out his match box and lit the door aflame with the match in his left hand, but before the fire went out of control, he took control of it. Quickly the flames burned down the door as Kasai held out an unlit match to the door. As it crumbled into nothingness, and the girl using the wind could be seen, Kasai pulled the flames onto the match. "I think I'll do fine," he said with a smirk. "Back the woman attacking her into a corner, but leave room behind her, I have an idea."

Edited by ceonn

Sayuk remained silent as Inazuma spoke with the other Agnimitra. When those other men threw him a fishing hat and a T-shirt he caught them and quickly put them on as he got them. It would at least him him get some shade, but the T-shirt would also make things a bit hotter for him. At least it was a bit too large so it would not be as suffocating.

Then came the roof work mention and the declaration that he was going up there ALONE. That lazy basta**. Still he did his best not to let his thought break through his mind to his face. Last thing he needed was the other guy knowing he wanted to gut him for making his work in the sun longer then necessary. He quickly grabbed the bag of nails and made his way to the roof. (I suppose there was a ladder) Once he was there he spotted the stuff he needed to repair the roof and quickly went to it to finish as soon as possible before he get's dehydrated and knock out.

Once on the spot he quickly analyzed the situation with his ignorant eye, he had no idea how to fix a roof, and tried to devise a plan. Grabbing the first plank he put it in place and started nailing it to the roof. He'd probably have to patch it up after with the rest of the black plate to make it impermeable to water. It was so hot... He didn't put the second plank in that he was already sweating under the sun.

After a while he was now up the the black plates and had started to put on the first one when he had to stop because he was getting very dizzy. He looked at Inazuma.

"Is... is it done... this way? I... don't want to start... again..."

((Whenever you want to do that to the party timeskip now Kira~ I'll finish this up))

Dark nodded his approval at Ddairg's reply. He shifted slightly in his seat for a moment before standing and stalking to the door. He looked over his shoulder for a moment and said to Ddairg, "We are done with this for now."

With a flick of his hand, he signaled Ddairg that he was dismissed and then went back out into the hallways. He had a multitude of things that needed to be done... but he was satisfied with what he had achieved for now. He was yearning to get back to Rain, even if she was still sleeping. He could have just sat for hours and watched her. He couldn't focus in this state of mind anyway. Shutting his eyes and letting out a loud sigh, he rubbed his forehead before stalking back off to his room.

((Oh gosh. Playing Dark is so hard. I can tell he's not my character cause he doesn't come to me naturally... I'll figure him out though. Just watch. *puts her war paint on*))

"Hey you, the kid with the scales!" someone shouted in Puppy's ears. Immediately awakened from his nightmarish dreams, Puppy's eyes popped open in alarm and he swung his head to see who was talking. His eyes alighted on a boy that looked only slightly older than he. Panic surged through him; had a human found him? He'd been an idiot for falling asleep in his dragon form. What to do, what to do?

The older boy appeared to be African in descent; his skin was as black as ebony with a flat nose and wide lips. He was tall and gangly, but not in an awkward way. Actually, he had a lithe, confident air about him. His head was shaved clean but he had a shadow of stubble covering his chin. He wore no shoes on at all and his feet were callused and worn from exposure, not to mention they were the biggest thing Puppy had ever seen. They looked rather goofy even on someone as tall as skinny as this boy. He wore a dark green pair of baggy shorts with a plain white t-shirt. "Well man, Dark would have your head for falling asleep out here like this. But don't worry, I won't tell the superiors," the kid joked in a heavy Jamaican accent.

Puppy felt panic well up inside of him. This wasn't a human at all; this was a member of Dark's army! Had they tracked him down? "Man, don't look so scared. Anyways, we should be heading back for the party y'know? Don't want to miss hat do we?"

Not knowing what else to do but play along, for it seemed this boy had not recognized him, Puppy returned to his human form and was able to stutter nervously... "Party? Uhh... I would rather... stay here."

The boy looked at him curiously for a moment and laughed. His eyes seemed to linger on Puppy in such a way that he found his insides roiling with... what was that? He wasn't sure; he'd never felt anything like it before. It wasn't quite nerves but... embarrassment? Not quite that either, but similar. Why was he feeling this way? Was it Stick's personality emerging again? But no... this felt completely like him.

"They call me Grange, by the way. And I agree. That party seems like no fun even if the rumors say its to be the gala of the century. I've never been for big though. Say kid, I suggest we bail and celebrate our own way. I don't think anyone will notice a pair of missing privates,"

'Play along, play along,' he reminded himself. His knees felt like jello, partly from nerves and partly from that other indescribable emotion he was feeling. He nodded dumbly in reply to Grange's suggestion.

Grange looked him over curiously again and said, "I know this place where we can get a few beers and all. I can tell just by looking at you you've never drank a day in your life man. Up for getting trashed?"

Puppy nodded dumbly again, not really comprehending what Grange had just suggested.

((Hurr, this is gonna be fun >8D))

Edited by Dashidragon

((lol yep, I'm sure you'll get Dark's character down Dash~ Heehee drunk Puppy~))

"Amateur," Koi scoffed, her sword still pointed towards Jade who was now coming at her like a tornado. She watched the pattern of Jade's spinning before stepping forward and parried Jade's sword with her own, stopping the spinning and seemingly unaffected by the wind except for her hair which whipped about. She forced Jade's sword back towards Jade. Koi could see the door being burned by whoever was out there. However, her focus was on Jade right now and the ones at the door could wait.

---

Ddraig nodded to Dark, stood up, and left the room. He didn't like how Dark said they were done for now. After he left the room and was further away from Dark, he sighed. Hopefully some stress Dark had would be released by the party tonight.

((yeah, Dash, let's just time skip now. And, can you do it? D: I'm sick right now.))

---

((I don't know why Sayuk is under the impression Inazuma isn't going up there with him >.>))

"Yep, pretty much," Inazuma replied, sitting not too far away from where Sayuk was working. He held up a pitcher of water which he had brought up with him towards the other, offering the ice cold water for him. Which of course had the drug in it to suppress Sayuk's power for when he drank some of it. Though, if Sayuk planned to just dump it over on his head, Inazuma had more of it. Since, Sayuk couldn't be allowed to have his powers.

Edited by Kira1

Jade shouted as she saw the door burn and took step back as Koi pushed her sword to her. She breathed in deeply and blew out. A large fire came out of her mouth. She leaped back out of the room and used to wind to go around the fire. It kept getting bigger until it filled the room and the wind kept whipping at it.

Blake took a step back,"I don't think we can actually make plans right now. Kid of desperate," He felt the other Agnimtra's in the building and searched for their mind's. He went to the females. If you are of the Resistance then we need some help. There's a crazy Army member that's trying to kill my sister.

(( the flames are gone... I pulled them onto the match again.))

Kasai took a moment to see what was going on, and then he took his chance with the girl out of the way. Light began to envelop around him as he quickly disappeared and reappeared behind the one holding the katana. He allowed his scales to appear cover his chest in case she tried to cut him, and pointed his sword at her back. "You need to relax a little, why don't you take a chance to stop and think?" said Kasai. His face was intense and serious. He waited for her to make her move, hoping with 2 in front of her and 1 behind, she would see sense and give in.

Water suddenly splashed over the fire, creating a fierce steam to arise as it was extinguished, clouding the room like a blanket. The fire was out almost as soon as it started. With the steam everywhere it made it very difficult to see. Someone appeared behind her and spoke, but she just dismissed him. It didn't seem like he even had the guts to use those weapons of his. She stepped forward away from his weapon and further into the steam.

"Did you really think fire would work against a water dragon?" Koi asked dryly. She rushed out of the steam towards Jade who had made it to the door. Her sword was out and ready to strike down the girl with a deadly blow if she didn't start running.

((I'm guessing Blake sent the message to Midnight, since she's the only other female Agnimitra that I can think of, lol.))

I'm heading up the stairs now, Midnight replied urgently to whoever spoke to her. Hurry down the stairs and I'll keep the army member from following after us.

"Sen, they're going to come down this way. When they do lead them outside and into the swamp where we came from. Wait for me there," she told him, continuing up the stairs.

Edited by Kira1

((Yes he did.))

Jade jumped to the side quickly and looked at her,"I really m messing with the wrong people. Blake nodded as he heard the female's reply and went down the stairs,"Come on." Jade looked into the room at the other guy before running down the stairs behind him. Blake ran down the stairs and stopped when he saw somebody. He smiled at her,"Hey I'm Blake. Do you have some kind of plan or something."

Jade stopped running and sheathed her sword,"After this I never want to even see a member of that stupid Army!" She growled loudly and lighting flashed outside. She looked over Blake's shoulder,"I remember you. Midnight I think your name is." She smiled nervously.

Edited by Jadeclaw

((Did you take into account Kasai teleporting behind Koi? It didn't seem like it.))

The water put out the flames the girl created as she and her friend left the room. Kasai used his ability to once again teleport, but this time he came out in front of the woman instead of behind her. He held his sword steadfast, and his body began to get covered in scales. The only part of his body without scales was his face, but the rest of his body was reinforced by a deep emerald color scales. "Well, it looks like it is just you and me miss. I don't think it'd be very nice of me to let you keep this up! I think it's about time you ended this charade," said Kasai, in an attempt to persuade her to give up.

Kasai desperately wanted her to leave. If he had to he would fight, but he wasn't looking forward to it. After seeing her put out the flames with water that didn't seem to come from any source, Kasai deduced that she had control of water. Kasai held his still burning match in his left hand as he prepared to move it out of the way in case the woman decided to drench him. I'm not exactly crazy about them leaving, but it can't be helped. I'll hold her off and teleport away if I must. I'm not about to seriously fight her, there's no way I'm going to let myself die over a hunch.

Edited by ceonn

((Thank you Jade

and he teleported behind Koi? I read your post, but it didn't seem like that's what happened...oh I missed that post...well then, give me a moment while I get everything straightened out.

edit: i edited my previous post to include him and make how things happen work out well.))

Koi stopped when the same person who had appeared behind her then appeared in front of her.

"Step aside, fool, before my sword goes through you," Koi threatened, pointing her sword at him. She didn't know who he was, and what was odd is that he didn't seem like and Agnimitra. In fact, it was almost as if he was human, but then how did he get in front of her if he was human. Humans didn't have any powers. Though, he might be half Agnimitra. That would explain it.

"Yes, I'm Midnight, a member of the resistance," she replied, looking behind them to see if the other Agnimitra was coming after them. She then looked back to Jade and Blake.

"Quickly, leave the building and Sen here will take you to the swamp. I'll meet you out there after I make sure the army member won't be following us."

With that said she urged them to hurry down the stairs and she rushed up them. She didn't know that there was another up there until she came upon them. Standing there was a girl holding one sword out and between Midnight and the other was a guy. The girl with the sword glared over at where Midnight was and then fixed her sight back on the guy, obviously annoyed with them being here.

Edited by Kira1

So, his little 'mission' seemed to be getting very interesting with every minute. Anxious, Sen began producing toxins from the pores of his skin, so that if there was a battle, the enemy would get a bit of a surprise if they tried any hand-to-hand combat. That was all that he was good at, anyway. Sen beckoned towards the people as Midnight told them that he would lead them into the swamp while she held off the army member. As much as he wanted to witness or even participate in the fight, he knew Midnight was in charge of this mission basically and that he had a certain duty to fullfil. "Please hurry up and follow me. Stay quiet please." he said in a neutral tone, and started to head out of the building and towards the swamp.

Edited by Darkshadow

((lol well we're just moving right along :D go ahead and just edit your post Darkybear, since I edited my post without realizing you posted. >w<))

"You'll drive your sword through me? What makes you think I'd move after a comment like that?" questioned Kasai. He was merely trying to taunt her, while in his mind he began to plot a way to retreat. She allready knew of his ability to teleport, but she didn't know it took him a few seconds to make use of it. If she went ahead and swung her sword at him, he wouldn't be able to run. That was when he realized someone was coming down the hall. Are they coming back to help me? No, the wind is growing weaker, not stronger. That girl isn't up here.

Kasai decided not to take any chances with whoever the new arrival was. Suddenly, he remembered his match. "Admittedly, I'd rather not stay and chat with you, so I hope you don't mind-" uttered Kasai as he threw his match at Koi, immediately having the flames erupt into a tiny explosion as he jumped back, landing next to the new arrival. "if I take my leave."

Edited by ceonn

Even though he was taunting her, Koi didn't say anything and kept her cold glare fixed one him. She wasn't affected by his word, simply finding him as an annoyance that she should get rid of. When he stepped back towards the girl that was behind him, she wondered what he was about to do. Perhaps he was going to use the same method he had used to first appear behind her and then in front of her. She wasn't planning on giving him any chance though. Koi dashed forward ready to strike both of them down.

Midnight watched as the guy jumped back towards her, mentioning leaving, and then the women with the sword dashed forward. She reacted by instinct and threw up a wall of water to stop the other from coming any closer.

"Whatever you're going to do, I suggest you do it now. Let's get out of here," Midnight said to him. The women with the sword slashed through her wall of water, creating an opening to get through, but Midnight quickly closed it up. The women didn't attack after that, but instead began using her powers to make the water begin to disappear. Midnight could only surmise that she was a water dragon too. She did her best to keep the water there while the guy was working on whatever he was going to do.

Kasai found this even better than his previous situation. He quickly used the fire on the match to heat the water, causing it to immediately evaporate into mist. Using the mist as cover, he quickly said "Run!" as he moved out of the room and headed towards the stairs. Hoping that the new arrival was close behind, he used a remaining little bit of ebbing flame to set the hall ablaze. "It'll take her time, but she will remove the flames on her own. Let's go quickly!" said Kasai, with a slight sense of urgency in his voice.

Edited by ceonn

Midnight turned to run with the other once the steam filled the hallway. Since she knew where they should be heading to, she took the lead.

"Come on, I told Sen to lead the others to the swamp just outside of the city," she said to him, taking a hold of his wrist to lead him away quickly. Quickly they were out of the dark hotel and out onto the streets where they hurried down the sidewalk at a run, dodging past any people in the way. Sen, Jade, and Blake were already on their way to the swamp.

Koi cursed as the steam rose and she was unable to see what they did to escape. She put out the flames that were burning before taking off down the stairs to follow after them. However, by the time she went out the front doors of the hotel she had lost sight of them. She glowered, searching around for them but in the mass of people and the fact that they weren't using any powers, it made it harder to find out where they went. Best way to start though was to get out of the city and search from the skies. She headed off to leave the city where she could transform into a dragon and get above the clouds.

Nodding to the girl, Kasai didn't resist when she grabbed his wrist. As they dodged through people on their way to the swamps, he allowed his scaled to dissappear. Fatigue was beginning to take hold of him. Using his powers had taken a great toll on him along with his lack of sleep, and Kasai began to succumb. He shook his head as they continued to move. Now isn't the time to be nodding off. That woman can't be too far behind, and I'm too close to my answers to just back off due to lack of sleep and using up all my strength. I've gotta be stronger than this.

He began to remember his younger days. He loved this place, and even though it had been terrible to him, Kasai couldn't help but feel his heart ache as he went away. I don't understand?... Now isn't the time to be feeling sentimental. What's wrong with me! As they neared the edge of the city, the feeling left him, and he continued forward, with no evidence of his previous thoughts but a tear running down his cheek.

Though he knew this was no time to begin slowing down, he couldn't help but do so. "I'm sorry, may I ask you your name? Mine is Kasai, if it matters any."

When they were out of the city, very near the swamp now, Midnight allowed them to slow their pace. The other did seem to be tiring. The boy introduced himself as Kasai, and asked for her name as well.

"My name is Midnight. It's nice to meet you Kasai. Though, tell me, you're an Agnimitra yet I can't tell that you are. You almost seem like a human, yet you had scales a moment ago. Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me," she replied, walking in pace beside him. She looked at him curiously while she waited for an answer.

Kasai was unable to think of anything to say to her. "You were correct about the scales. As to what you first said, about me being an... Agnimitra was it? I have no idea." Kasai paused for a moment. He had heard the word from that man, and he had heard that woman call herself a water dragon. He quickly made the connection in his mind. He was something called an Agnimitra. What that meant or entailed was beyond Kasai. Judging from his first encounter with them, not all of them were peaceful.

What confused him was, she said he didn't feel like one of them... Does that mean anything? Now that he thought about it, Midnight did seem a little different compared to humans that he knew. The difference was subtle, but there. Was there something wrong with him? Questions began buzzing around his mind. His ticket to the answers he'd been looking for was right in front of him, and he couldn't feel more relieved then he did right then.

"I can turn into a dragon, if that's what you are getting at, but I don't know what ele to tell you. I'm an orphan with no memories of my past. Who my parent's were and what these powers are is beyond me."

Midnight was quite surprised to learn that Kasai didn't even know he was an Agnimitra. How could one not know for so long? Agnimitra were every where and he never ran into one. He must have lived like a hermit, away from any kind of contact, or lived in a box. Now that he was with her, she could fill him in on what Agnimitra were, and what he had just gotten himself into. No doubt he also had questions about the woman that attacked them.

"If you can turn into a dragon, then yes, you are an Agnimitra," Midnight replied pausing for a moment as she thought. "I do know that is possible to have a human parent and an Agnimitra parent, making you half human and half Agnimitra."

((I got an idea, please go with it, it'll make sense later on! xd.png))

Kasai noted the look of shock on Midnight's face. He wondered if it was really that surprising? It's not exactly big news among the humans. He knew that there had to be others like him. Maybe it was all lost in his old memories. "So I could be both human and Agnimitra? That sounds like more of an inconvenience than a blessing to me."

Over the excitement, he almost forgot the fatigue that plagued him to this moment. Along with it came a slight pang of pain. Kasai didnt understand this, as he came out of that fight unscathed, but the pain grew over him. He crouched down, eyes focused on the ground, and with his arms clutching his stomach. His whole body seared as if he was lit on fire, and it took him everything he could not to scream out. Fortunately, he did not have to endure it for long, as he quickly slipped out of consciousness due to the pain and his tired body.

--------------------------------

Kasai's mind awoke in an inky blackness. He was all alone on this plane of nothingness. He couldn't tell why he was there, but he stood and tried to look around. It was so dark he could swear he was blind. Soon his memory returned to him. Running from that woman with Midnight... Finding out about what he was... and the pain. It was gone now, but when Kasai thought about it he could remember how indescribable it was. When he attempted to move his legs forward, the area brightened.

Suddenly his mind was witnessing the same scene that had played out almost every night in his nightmares. This time, instead of seeing through the little boys eyes, he was standing to his side. A little boy knelt on the ground in front of a bloody mess of a man. The building Kasai was in was quickly burning to the ground. Just looking at it made him think it had at least 10-20 minutes left tops. On the ground, a little boy sobbed. he could finally put a face to that voice he always heard.

"Please don't leave me! You promised you wouldn't go!" echoed almost unnaturally inside the room. Those words never failed to cause a pang of sadness to rake across his heart. Kasai began to panic. He wanted nothing more than to escape from this nightmare. He was even willing to give it up for the pain he just felt. He shoved the door open and ran outside. All he knew is he wanted to be far away from that house. The flames burned at the touch, but the combination of sadness and fear that he felt at the moment stopped him from caring about pain.

When he walked through the door the woman he had met earlier in the hotel room that he ran away from was standing there. He realized the scenery was odd for the outside of a home when he realized it was that same hotel room he had been in earlier while fighting her in the first place. Her back was to him, and he could easily go for the kill.... so he took his chance. He drew his sword and ran forward, preparing to stick his sword right through her back.

His sword almost hit its mark when a voice stopped him dead in his tracks. The voice was deep but stern. It had an element of gentleness to it, like a father who was giving his child a talk.

"Are you sure your strong enough?"

The voice echoed through his mind and the room, and the hotel room walls began to melt. Eventually, all that was left of the room was that same inky blackness. All that was left was him, and the woman.

"If you lack conviction, then how will you do me proud?"

The woman turned, drawing her blade. The movement was quick, but for some reason it felt like it took ages to Kasai.

"Do you not understand your responsibility?"

She now faced towards him. Her blade was pointing at his heart.

"Tell me why you can't believe?"

Her blade slowly pushed forwards, as if she was cutting through an invisible wall between it and it's target. Kasai attempted to move out of it's way, but no matter how hard he tried, nothing he did made him move. All he could do was stare agonizingly at the instrument of death racing towards his heart. His eyes sped, and his heartbeat hastened. None of this made any difference as the blade plunged through, right out of his back, leaving blood in it's wake.

"I'll make you understand."

((He's just randomly pissed. I knew he was coming HE'S HIS DAMN SHADOW! *Sayuk's mind*.))

Sayuk put one more black panel before he noticed the glass of cold water. He didn't think twice before grabbing it, it was cold and he wanted cold. Worst came to worst it was probably drugged, but he would have to take in the drug one way or another with them. He slowly drank the water letting the cold liquid do it's job as he forgot the sun for a while. It's didn't last very long, but it had done him some good so he went on with his job finishing it after a little while and two more glass of water so he didn't faint. His white shirt was now lying next to him cause he needed to feel more wind on himself, but he still had the hat who brought him some shade. He picked him the clothing and stood, facing Inazuma.

"It's done, can I go inside now? I swear I'll behave... I can't take this for much longer without my magic."

It was true. He would faint soon enough if he was forced to stay in this heat any longer. He liked being an ice Agnimitra, but he hated how weak his kind usually was to heat.

((Okay.))

Blake shoved his hands in his pockets as they neared the swamp. His nose wrinkled in disgust from the strong smell that come from it and he growled,"I don't see how some can stand such a smell." Jade nodded and covered her nose with her arm. It smelled even worse with the fact that they were wind dragons and could smell things like that even better then some. She flinched back and shook her head,"I'm sorry but it smells terrible." She looked at Sen and her ears got red as she realized some of the smell came from him,"Um..." Blake blinked a few times as he looked at him,"Sorry. Didn't know the smell was coming from you."

Edited by Jadeclaw