Kira1

The Agnimitra

((Kaida, it's my RP. I just wanted to make sure we avoid any unnecessary fights. I was simply telling you the plan, that I would really, really like you to follow. I didn't mean for it to sound rude.

My RP, my plot, my rules; I expect you to go along with no arguments. You can ask questions and make suggestions. ^^))

Soon Kasai came down to the front room to tell everyone that his glyph for the spell was in his room. Midnight, slightly peeved that there were three who hadn't grabbed their snow clothing yet, dumped the task of carrying the rest of the stuff onto Inazuma. She headed off with the rest of those who came to the front room, while Inazuma lagged behind a bit as he gathered the rest of the stuff.

In Kasai's room, Midnight inspected the glyph on the ground with interest. She walked over to it, pulling her knife out, and made a small cut on her finger to allow a drop of blood to fall onto the markings.

Inazuma shoved into Jade's and Blake's arms, and dropped onto Kasai, the snow clothing that they would need to wear to not freeze to death. It would be much, much worse for those who were in no way an ice Agnimitra. Of course, even though Inazuma had a bit of ice dragon in him, the cold would still affect him severely.

Once the last three had their gear, Inazuma cut his finger to add a drop of his blood to the glyph.

Midnight glanced around the room before she spoke.

"Kasai, Sen, Jade, Blake, Inazuma, and Sayuk; we're all here then," she said, doing a sort of roll call to double check, "Make sure you have the coat, pants, and boots on before we leave. Each of you will have a canteen. They'll be empty for now and I can fill them when we get thirsty," she then turned to Kasai, "we can leave whenever you're ready."

Yue quickly finished relaying this information to his comrade, sure he had heard because he had replied to him. Though he suddenly became a bit worried when the other completely cut off communication with him. He briefly wondered for a moment if the other had gone mad or something of the like. But...Bane was an experienced fighter from what he gathered during the fight with Koi. He looked on worriedly into the mist, silently wishing Bane luck before the other pulled him along and out of the door. He was rather surprised by the lack of guards patrolling the area they were in, briefly wondering what was going on at the moment to make the hallways so empty. He waved off the curiosity, wanting to get out of here and get to the East gate as quickly as possible. He let himself be pulled along, running as fast as his somewhat injured body would allow him to. Of course, he wasn't in as much pain as before, but he still wasn't traveling as fast as he'd have preferred. It didn't take them much time to arrive there apparently, it being so close and all. He winced a bit painfully when the female shoved him through a door, grabbing onto his injured side for a moment before straightening. He stiffened a bit when he heard an explosion, looking over to the part of the base where it seemed to have come from. He looked on worriedly toward the infirmary before looking at the other Agnimitra, his gaze narrowing a bit in suspicion. The fact that the other had been helping him, and in turn, Bane, escape was rather unusual and suspicious. He stared at her for a few more moments before speaking. "Who are you...and why are you helping us? Are you not apart of the army?" he questioned, still eying her suspiciously. "What do you hope to gain from helping us?"

Shadow smirked even though she knew the intruder couldn't see it. So have I don't forget. She said, listening for a hint. Something hit the wall near her causing her to duck instinctively but she did so without a sound. When Shadow was sure nothing was going to be thrown again, she looked around. The mist Arasi had created was thinning which wasn't good for anyone. Hopefully Arasi had gotten the captive to a safer place than here if there should be a fight. She hadn't heard much for Arasi either which worried her a little.

A sudden explosion caught Shadow's attention. It was further down the hall, that was a given, but surely someone else noticed that too. Dammit! He's out... She thought, cursing again at herself. Shadow made it to the door, unsure if the intruder really was out or if that was a friend. Either way she was going out as the mist was getting thinner. Shadow sighed, concentrating before disappearing again as a hardly noticeable black mist took her place, moving cautiously down the hall. The few shadows in the hall now made it harder for her to go unnoticed but with her power she made a few more extras if they were needed. You can't be too careful.

Edited by Dragonhatchling

With that, everyone was integrated into the glyph. Kasai simply said "Get ready, the first time through isn't always pleasant," before grabbing the handle of his katana. Kasai uttered a few words Latin, as the glyph began to shimmer, and then the light grew around them to blinding. After a flash of light inside the room, they were simply gone, without a trace.

Within everyone simply found themselves standing in a white space. The first time Kasai had done this, he had feared the worst. It turned out this ws just a between world though, created when rifts in a dimension are formed. the candles had also come with him, and Kasai allowed the flame on them to jump up to his body, giving him enough energy to finish this trip. He then pointed in no direction in particular, and the whole lace everyone found themselves in began to tear, opening a sort of rift. On the other side you could clearly see snow.

"That should do it," stated Kasai quickly, walking out of the rift without giving it much thought as to whether or not everyone else was following him out. As soon as his winter clothed body exited the rift though he shivered at the immediate cold. He simply remedied the problem by pulling out a match and lighting it. He then spread the heat it created around his body. Ice dragons weren't the only ones who could deal with cold. It wasn't a perfect solution, but as long as he didn't heat up the snow enough to make it melt he should be fine.

Edited by ceonn

((lol, that's what I forgot to mention; gloves. XD))

Midnight nodded in reply to Kasai, watching as all around them changed to white. She blinked in mild surprise, but seeing as how Kasai wasn't panicking or anything, she remained calm as well. When a sort of rift opened up in the direction Kasai pointed, she could see the snow covered landscape of Antarctica. Before following Kasai out, she zipped up her coat and put the hood on, stepping out into the freezing temperature. At that moment she knew exactly why no one would want to come down here, save for ice Agnimitra; it was bloody cold! She immediately crossed her arms in an attempt to keep her body heat from escaping.

She turned around to watch as the others stepped out, making sure everyone was stepping through safely. As she waited for them, her mind wondered where on this frozen landscape the gem might be. The best way to search would be from the sky, however, the only one who would be in dragon form was Sayuk. The rest would stay in their human forms, otherwise the moment they changed to dragon form they would feel the negative affects of the cold air.

Sayuk, when your out in the snow, change into your dragon form and wait for further instructions.

Inazuma stepped out shortly after Midnight with the rest of the Agnimitra in the group, his jacket zipped and his hood up. He waited to hear what Midnight would say next, since she was the one leading the group.

---

When she heard the explosion, Arasi gave a little jump of surprise, not expecting that.

What the hell is that Agnimitra doing!? she exclaimed to herself. Now the whole base would be alarmed! The Agnimitra with her then began asking questions about her and her motives. She didn't even glance back at the other when he spoke, focusing on watching out for the Agnimitra they were waiting for and anyone who would try and stop them. Her main worry was Koi and Shadow.

Instead of running your mouth off, stay quiet and speak to me this way, Arasi replied to him, as for who I am, my name is Arasi. I'll tell you more when we're not in danger of being killed.

Koi was immediately heading towards the source of the explosion when she heard it. She had been getting the papers in order for her report, but dropped that when the loud noise distracted her. She ran past the buildings to the source, which she deducted was the infirmary judging by where the smoke was coming from, thinking it was Yue getting rescued by that other Agnimitra. If it was, it made her wonder why Arasi and Shadow had not contacted her yet.

Shadow, report! She demanded of the female Agnimitra.

ohgoditscoldohgoditscoldohgoditscold. That was positively the first thing Sen thought of when the teleportation process had ended and he had arrived in the coldest hell on earth: Antartica, land of nothing but ice, snow, and freezing cold water. Maybe penguins too, but he wasn't so sure of that. Sen stumbled a few steps, positively shivering, and shoved his hands into the gloves Midnight had provided. Seeing how his jacket was unzipped, Sen zipped it up quickly, and then pulled the hood down over his face as low as he could get it. He hugged himself, trying to muster some warmth into his already chilled muscles. The chemicals on his skin were already taking effect; he was feeling warmer by the second. However, the deep, cold, chilly air of this desolate place still seeped through his warm clothes and into his skin like a dreadfull poison. No wonder only Agnimitra of the Ice elements liked this place. That damn censorkip.gif*** Sayuk would be right at home, among the arched mountains and crevices of ice and snow. Shivering, and his teething chattering, Sen unwound his arms for a few seconds to busy himself with strapping on the rations backpack. There was a strap that was supposed to go over his chest, but Sen didn't bother. That was only if he was going to go climbing a mountain or something. For most of the trip, he was going to be riding the Sayuk Express, with a one hundred percent chance of snide comments or the like. Maybe he'd even fall off into a crevice.

As he carefully went out of the white space to the much more common snow landscape he looked around then got his new order. Shape shift into his dragon form immediately. He moved away from them a bit then prepared to change his form, taking a quick glance at everyone else here. That match was going to have problem in the sky and the wind. No matter. He then focused on his true form his hair turned into a more translucent form and became spikes of ice while his body grew and covered itself with scales. Then came his wings and very long tail ended with an ice blade. He laid in the snow, with his whitish scales partially hiding him in the snow. He stretched his long neck and his wings the lowered the closest wings in from of the others. He then failed to resist giving a very sarcastic comment.

"Welcome abort the Sayuk express, please take your seat and refrain from moving from it. We would not want anyone to fall into a conveniently placed crevice now don't we?"

He glared at Midnight who had control over him, before looking around the place. The cold was nice on his scales, it had been a long time since he had been in such a cold place. Poor them not to be able to feel the pleasure of the deep cold... Now THAT gave him an idea. Before they climbed on him he lowered his body temperature covering part of his scales in a very thin layer of ice, which was mostly hidden by his scales color anyway.

Shadow reappeared by Koi, looking around for a moment before back to Koi. "Aside from the fog that just disappeared... the explosion and a missing Arasi and captive... and me trying to find them... we're good except for the other person causing this mess miss." She said, her hand hanging low in preparation for getting yelled at. She would wait instead of speaking more, letting Koi speak instead. Though where Arasi was she only hoped the other Agnimitra was somewhere safe with the captive. I haaad to let him get away... didn't I? Shadow thought to herself, mentally kicking herself for letting this happen.

Kasai watched everyone exit the portal as he held onto his atch. It was still incredibly cold out here, but the intense heat of fire, even spread thinly, was quite comfortable. He still felt cold, ut it couldnt be nearly as bad s it was for everyone else. When sayuk transformed and made his comment about the sayuk express, ((1)) Kasai simply had a mental sigh. He had thought Sayuk wasn't the type to say something that stupid. Perhaps he misjudged him.

Kasai didnt let it bother him though. He simply absorbed the energy on his match and teleported himself onto Sayuk's back. Why climb on top of a dragon when you could move instantly? Much more entertaining that way anyways. He couldnt help but tell it was a little slick on top of the dragon. Kasai rolled his eyes and sent a thought Sayuk's way. You are lucky I could care less if someone slipped off of you. I won't say anything.

Kasai simply sat down, being careful not to lose his footing, and getting ready to go.

((1: Wanted to say 'the creator busted a gut and had the inexplicable urge to high-five Skarx' ))

As Kasai teleported on his back and complained about how slippery his back was he turned his long snake neck to look at Kasai righ in his face baring his long knife fangs. The sent his thought to only Kasai as the boy had done so to him.

"If you do not like it boy you can always walk in the snow. I do not feel like hearing ANYONE complain when I am forced to carry you guys on my back like a horse."

Of course he didn't need to tell anyone he was not naturally THAT covered in ice. None of them ever saw his true dragon form anyway, well... Jade did, but he had covered himself in a lot of ice to change his apperance too much to even look like this. He backed his jaws away from Kasai and turned it to the others still lying around in the snow. Such slow people.

Bane legged it, keeping himself hidden until he had no choice but to get into the open. He spotted two Agnimitra near the East gate and called out mentally. Yue? Are you alright? He asked, then slowed as he considered the presence of the other. And who, exactly, are you? He asked, staff in hand again just in case his battles for the evening weren't over yet. It wouldn't surprise him, but then he'd known there were two guards. Yue hadn't said how he'd gotten free, but it would seem that the second female had freed him and was now helping them to escape. That wasn't the kind of behaviour he'd expect from a member of the Army, and he certainly didn't consider her trustworthy.

(And Kira, I hate to be confrontational but it's rather against the point of RPing to have one person who basically goes 'my RP, you HAVE to do exactly what i say'. Takes all the spontaneity and fun out of it, you might as well just write the story. Also, when you get someone like me and tell them that they have to do it the way you say, it makes them more and more inclined to deliberately do the exact opposite of what you say.)

Edited by KaidaShade

((@Sayuk express: My day has been made :D

Uh, Kaida, this is a one time occurrence because I wanted to make sure you would avoid a fight. I didn't care how you did it, as long as Bane didn't engage Shadow in a head-on fight. I doubt I'll ever have to dictate what should happen like that again. I only mentioned it in the first place because I had no idea what your intentions words because of spontaneity. I'm not picking on you or anything.))

Midnight walked over to stand by Sayuk as the others gathered. She ignored the glare he gave her, though she tried not to laugh out loud at the sarcastic comment he said. With a sigh, she kept herself calm and then hesitantly climbed onto Sayuk's back to sit on his shoulders in front of his wings. Even through her layers she could feel the cold ice on his scales. She immediately shot him a glare.

Do not cover yourself with ice to make your scales colder! She demanded, wanting to just smack him.

---

No time for that! Arasi hastily replied to the other Agnimitra who had been the rescuer. She grabbed onto his upper arm and swiftly pulled him through the doorway, closing the door behind them.

By the way, thanks for alerting everyone that something is up, she said sarcastically to him, now quickly, we must fly into the clouds and get as far away from here as we can! You can carried the injured one since I doubt you'd trust me carrying him. We can't have the injured slowing us down.

All this she said while dragging both farther away from the tall wall that surrounded Dark's base. They needed some space before the two were to change into their dragon forms and fly away.

Edited by Kira1

((The Sayuk express made many people day xd.png))

He had to fight the urge to just cover her path with ice so she would fall from him, but when she sat and ordered him not to cover himself in ice he had no choice, but to stop using his power to do it. No matter. It was already done and would not melt for a LONG time with the cold outside. When he looked at her he noticed she had sat just in front of his shoulder ice blades. If he moved just a bit to fast she would most likely cut herself on them since they were quite sharp. While the image was quite wonderful in his mind he knew he could not let it be as he had order not to hurt them and those being part of him it was included in it. He covered the edge of them with ice to stop the sharp end from doing any damage to his cursed luggage.

"Are you happy now? I even made my blades child proof so no one would cut themselves on them, how nice of me."

He had said that to all, not wanting to bother himself with focusing on her, with his usual sarcastic voice. Getting annoyed with how slow everyone moved he moved his tail to send some snow to the ones that were still down on the ground, which were Sen, Blake, Jade and Inazuma. The amount of snow he shoved their way was not small though.

"So slow."

Edited by Skarx

Yue heard the other contact him through thought speak before he saw Bane approaching them. Yes, I am fine. In pain, but fine he replied to the other, watching as he approached. He listened in to their conversation, brows furrowing a bit when he heard that Bane was the cause of the explosion. He scowled a bit, but then waved it off. The other must have had a good reason for doing so. The black dragon turned toward the female, looking rather insulted. But, she had a point, they needed to get away quick, and his current condition did not help their current problem. He walked along with the two, disliking being dragged, especially by someone he did not trust. At least...not entirely. He scowled again before speaking to Arasi. I'd appreciate it if you didn't keep calling me the injured one.. he said bitterly. I'm sure the one who captured me told you what I am called... he finished, sounding as annoyed as he looked before his expression went blank again.

Kasai simply rolled his eyes at Sayuk's attempts to unnerve him. Instead of replying to him though, he simply watched as Midnight got on. He guessed that they were having a conversation through their thoughts, as Sayuk began to cause ice to grow over the sharp edges of his body near his shoulders. After that he loudly voiced his unhappiness about the matter. After he told everyone to hurry up, he began to push snow at everyone else. Kasai took this as a way to get back at Sayuk for giving him dirty looks. Either way, it's all in good fun he supposed.

Kasai had trained himself to light his matches quickly, and could almost do it instantly, coupled with the fact that his hands were near his pockets previously due to how he was sitting, allowed him to light another match and snap his fingers, leaving a thin amount of warm steam hanging in midair where Sayuk's snow was. "Now, now, be a little more considerate," chided Kasai. "Not all of us like the frozen wastelands like you do Sayuk." He allowed a smirk to appear on his face for an instant, and then forced it away. As for the people waiting, they soon realized that as the team began to go away, the air got a lot warmer, if only for a little bit. Take your time guys, enjoy the warmth! thought Kasai to himself. It also doubled indirectly as a faster way to melt the ice, if only slightly. All Kasai knew was that Sayuk wouldn't appreciate the quick temperature change.

Kasai was just happy the steam wasn't thick enough to freeze anyone when it got colder. Nice and thin.

Sen walked slowly and carefully over to where the Sayuk Express was awaiting him, his face focused on the ground in front of him. He did not want to slip in front of Sayuk, which was difficult due to the dragon flicking snow in his direction and calling him slow with his mind. Carefully, oh so carefully, Sen clambered onto the ice dragon's back, as far away from the head as possible. Sayuk's back was slippery, and Sen grasped one of the child-proof spikes to hold onto. It was slippery, and Sen didn't feel secure at all. One good jolt, and I'll fall right off his back. Was the panicked thought that first appeared, but after a few and calming breaths, Sen focused back on how cold it was.

Bane growled at her when she grabbed him, but let her get away with it. Just. Everyone will be far too distracted by my little bit of destruction to notice we've escaped. I do know what I am doing. He said, twisting his arm so she had to drop him; he was a grown man and he could follow by himself, thank you very much. And you are right. I trust you no further than I could throw you. In my mind, you are my enemy until such time as you have proven yourself worthy, follower of the Dark Dragon. He mentally spat the last two words as though even having them in his mind was unpleasant.

Jade huffed and shivered a bit as she looked around,"It's so cold." Blake huffed,"You think?" He glared at Sayuk as he sprayed snow at them. Jade glared at him and then got onto his back. "I'm sorry that I'm so slow." she said sarcastically. Blake looked around and shivered some more as he got onto Sayuk's back behind her,"I'm a fire dragon. I like the heat, not the freezing cold!" Jade sighed and looked back at him,"Well that's too bad, now isn't it." She touched her sword as the white on the gem started to swirl around. She rubbed it and looked around,"I think there's gonna be a snowstorm around here soon."

Edited by Jadeclaw

((I didn't know about those spikes >.> Since, on the picture of his dragon form, I don't see any spikes in the area between the base of his neck and in front of his wings. Though I suppose I should be more specific next time. XD))

Stop moving without me telling you to, Midnight commanded him, anger very apparent in her voice. She turned and gave a quick glare to anyone who gave a sarcastic comment back at Sayuk. She would not allow any fighting between them and Sayuk since it would only slow them down.

"All of you, just ignore Sayuk and just sit still on his back. If Jade is right and there is a snowstorm coming, then we should get moving and not waste any time," she said to the group.

Inazuma protected his face as snow was flung at him by Sayuk, just sighing in annoyance as he brushed himself off before moving by Sayuk to climb up the dragon's side to sit behind Midnight. The rest of them were also climbing on so the whole group would riding on Sayuk's back. With all of them huddling together, they should be able to keep each other warm to some degree.

---

No, she didn't, Arasi replied to the one's mention of his name, before speaking to the other.

Tch, I'm not following him anymore, Arasi said as if it was an obvious fact, now that I've helped you two, I'll be marked as a traitor.

She stopped when they were a better distance away from the wall and shifted into her dragon form.

Hurry and take your dragon form and carry him! she said so both could hear her as she stretched out her wings. She crouched down before leaping into the sky at a fast rate, figuring the other two would be right behind her if they weren't slow thinkers.

---

"They got away?" Koi asked as a redundant question, glaring coldly at Shadow. "They most likely went to the East gate. You and I will pursue them. Everyone else too drunk to be bothered with, and besides, Dark does not want to hear of failure."

Koi ran ahead towards the East gate, stopping just before it where a large and empty courtyard sat. Here she shifted into her dragon form, stretching out her wings to prepare for flight.

Follow me, she told Shadow, before leaping into the sky to chase after the ones who had escaped. Koi could still feel the lingering sense of Arasi's mind which came from having spoken many times through a mental mind link in the large web that was Dark's base. Arasi was outside of the walls, that Koi could tell, and if she was with the prisoner then it was most likely that she was either taken captive by them or was helping them. Koi guessed it was the latter.

Edited by Kira1

Shadow followed Koi, knowing it was better not to speak just yet. When Koi changed her form, Shadow soon did as well. She welcomed the shadows that formed around her body naturally, giving an advantage in the dark for anyone attacking her or Koi.

Arasi had to be around here somewhere and that meant the other two were closer. Wherever Arasi was though, Shadow hoped the girl hadn't helped the captive and intruder escape. She knew the consequences of such choice and somewhere in her heart wished Arasi was at least taken captive.

Great going Shadow... you were tasked with watching them not letting them run around like idiots! Shadow thought to herself, knowing it would have probably been better to have chosen the spot nearest the captive and having Arasi watch the door. Perhaps if she had changed that this wouldn't have happened. She kept this in mind for later as a lesson.

((The sharp things are on the drawing, but they are very pale and translucent. tongue.gif)

Sayuk growled softly as he stopped from moving. He then spoke only to Midnight.

"Should I also breathe only when you ask? I only moved my tail, I didn't hurt anyone. Is power going to your head a bit too fast? You are starting to be like my master, Dretch."

With that said and everyone on his back he stood and warned them to hold on tight or he would not be hold responsible for any idiots who would fall then started walking, then running while flapping his wings to finally jump into the sky in a much softer angle then he could have. Once in the sky he took a glance on the ground then made once circle to get used to the flying once more.

"What now MASTER? Where should your SERVANT go?"

Bane growled irritably, but did as he was told. No doubt this was some sort of ploy or trick to dispose of them, but he supposed he could deal with her if it was necessary. He crouched to help Yue up onto his broad back, then took off after the female. His dark scales would help to camoflage him to anyone viewing from the ground, but that would only be a temporary aid. It would have to do to get them far enough away to avoid detection.

I honestly fail to see why you would help us. Bane remarked once he'd caught up a little and was flying below and a little behind Arasi. To turn your back on everything, knowing that you will be hunted down, seems a little extreme for someone you just met.

Edited by KaidaShade

Yue did as the other two ordered. A bit reluctantly, but he did as they asked. This was no time for arguing after all. They needed to get away from here fast before the other two decided to come after them. He climbed up carefully, wincing a bit in pain from his wounds. He held on tight as the other surged into the sky after Arasi, silently grateful that Bane was also a black dragon as well. Though, he knew that wouldn't help them for very long. He just hoped that they would get away from here quickly. He did not want to go back. He watched the skies carefully for any other Agnimitra as he listened in on Bane and Arasi's conversation. His comrade did have a point. Why would she help them if she was on the enemies side, become a traitor in the eyes of her leader? Especially when she knew what the Dark Dragon would do to traitors. The thought puzzled and troubled him greatly. Maybe it was a trap? He stared before him at the female dragon, suddenly a bit more wary of her.

I have no idea why I'm helping you either. I never really wanted to join Dark in the first place, but it was either that or be killed at the time when he attacked my home, she paused slightly at the sad memory, and I wasn't doing it for either of you. I was simply using this as an opportunity to escape. I've been looking for a chance to do so, and with you two appearing at this time, it made it easier. Now, Shadow and Koi are following, we need to move as quick as possible.

Arasi pumped her wings harder to gain more speed, flying as fast as she could through the line of clouds, also using her ability to make them thicker and mask their presence. It wasn't full proof, but it would give them an edge.

We need to lose them somehow and hide until it's safer, she said to both of them.

---

Koi flew as swiftly as she could, knowing Shadow was right behind her. They needed to apprehend the ones who escaped as soon as they could. The longer they took to go after the three, the farther away they became and Koi was not going to let them leave so easily. Most likely they headed into the clouds to cover themselves, so that was exactly where Koi was headed towards. She flew up and through the clouds to come out above them, and began the search.

---

I don't wish to deal with your sarcasm. Just shut up and start searching, Midnight said, disliking his comment of the power going to her head. No, it was just that she was really disliking him because of all that he had done. Especially since she had started to trust him, thinking he was someone she could rely on, and she had even started to like him.

She had brought this upon herself, but she didn't particularly like that they needed him to search through Antarctica for the Gem. All she could do was hope that this would go smoothly, but she had a feeling that something was going to go wrong. It always did.

The explaination didn't make Bane that much more sympathetic. He could relate to losing your home, but bowing down to the one who'd done it seemed a worse fate than death to him. Still, there was no point arguing when they had an escape to make, and if it came down to a fight with the two enemy Agnimitra it would be good to have at least one healthy ally. It felt cruel to think it, but Yue was little more than a liability at this point.

Fortunately, he was quite a light liability, and Yue's presence on his back didn't serve to slow Bane down at all. He tucked his legs tighter against his body to streamline himself and sent Yue a mental nudge to crouch against him, then shot after Arasi. How far will they pursue us? He asked. He'd never admit it, but flying from England to Australia would take it out of you, even if you were a dragon.