Kira1

The Agnimitra

"I don't know, it might be, but like this other Agnimitra can't find you..." Midnight's sentence trailed off when she saw that Kasai had fainted from exhaustion. She bent down and lifted up Kasai, placing him over her shoulder to carry him the rest of the way. When they reached the swamp she spotted Jade, Blake, and Sen who she then hurried over to.

"Are you all alright? We better keep moving to someplace where that woman won't be able to find us," she said to them.

---

"Alright," Inazuma replied, and the two of them headed inside the mansion. Inazuma figured it was time for a break, so he led them into the front living room.

((urgh, I can't think of anything to do. >.< I hate being sick.))

---

That evening after the sun had set, everyone there on the base milled about chatting as they waited for Dark to begin things. All the lights that had been strung were on and glowing, creating a nice atmosphere with their light.

Arasi stood off to the side of things with Shadow, leaning against a wall as they waited.

Ddraig walked amongst the crowd, wondering when Dark would show up. He just hoped he was forced to drink...

Shadow sighed, rapping her fingers against the wall before stopping when she realized something. But that realization was quickly forgotten and the rapping began again. "This'll be one fun party..." She said, meaning when nearly everyone started to drink. "One fun party..." Shadow repeated, not realizing it. Her thoughts were elsewhere, absorbed in the odd mood her extra sleep had created. "One... but just one for now." She commented, the rapping stopping again when her memory regained what was forgotten. "Arasi... nevermind." Shadow started the rapping again, picking one lamp out and starring at it for a while.

((Don't ask... I literally forgot what I was going to say xd.png ))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Kasai woke into the same darkness he had just been in a moment ago. he quickly realized he was still dreaming. He remembered that he was stabbed through the heart by that woman, or was that just another part of this long dream? Knowing the moment he took a step forward, the nightmare would continue, Kasai took a second to clear his thoughts. He couldn't tell why this was happening. He was tired when he fainted, but he wasn't tired enough to be knocked into a dreamlike state.

Kasai eventually decided that if the nightmare was to end, he would have to play it out. So yet again, he took a step forward. The blackness around him cleared, and he was blessed, or cursed, with the ability to see what was around him yet again. He took a quick look around. He was standing inside the house of his nightmares, but this time, it wasn't burning.

"You so easily forget."

Kasai jumped slightly, surprised by the voice. He recognized it as the one that he heard when he was stabbed earlier in the nightmare. This time he didn't feel like it was lecturing him though. It felt more kind then before. Kasai attempted to look around for it's source, but he was alone. There was nothing at all in the room but him. In fact, the room was empty, with no furniture, windows, or doors. the only way he recognized it as the burning place was because it was shaped just the same.

"Who are you?" questioned Kasai, attempting to get information out of this voice.

"I don't know who I am. You could call me an extension of yourself, or maybe your dreams bathed in light."

"That doesn't help me at all."

"I cannot help it, your mind is empty. As a piece of your mind, how am I to know what I am if you don't?"

Kasai didn't respond. It sounded about right, his past was gone. For better or for worse, this is what he is left with. He never thought there could be something in his mind depending on the scraps of memory he left behind. It could explain why he has that nightmare over and over. It's his mind trying to make him remember, or perhaps it's trying to make him forget.

"What will you do?"

"Hm?"

"Will you stay with her, or go on your own?"

"You mean Midnight? Of course I will stay with her. It's the only way to get what I want."

A flash of light appeared before him, and out of it came a small gem. It floated in mid-air, and seemed to fill Kasai with energy even as he stared at it.

"Your path isn't going to be easy. If you wish to understand your past, then find this for the both of us."

"What is it?"

"To your race, it is the key to salvation, or extinction. To you, it is the key to what you've lost, and what you can gain."

Kasai reached out for the gem. With the light not enveloping it, he could finally understand what it looked like. It was a simple black gem. Despite how frail it looked to him though, Kasai could tell it was something more.

"Take hold of it... For whatever reason, you must find it!"

!Snap!

---------------------

A loud high-pitched noise echoed in Kasai's ears as he awoke with a shock. He was on midnight's shoulder, being carried through the swamps near London. he finally got an understanding of the situation, and shook his head. Looking at Midnight he asked her,"What was that about?" He knew he was out cold, but his memory was hazy, especially with the idea of some gem clouding his thoughts. He tried not to let emotion show on his face, not wanting Midnight to worry about him, especially since they weren't exactly home free yet.

he finally took notice of the other three's existence next to him. He noted that girl he helped out was here, along with the man that was so concerned for her safety. Kasai had absolutely no idea who the third person was, but he could tell he was a friend, since no-one seemed to be acting particularly antagonistic towards him.

Then again, Kasai had no idea where they were going even before Midnight grabbed his arm and they ran. Kasai let his feet touch the ground as he got off of Midnight's shoulder. "I was probably a burden there, I apologize."

I have to stay on good terms with her, I must know more.

((The nose was that droning you hear when you wake up from a fainting spell. Thus, only Kasai heard it.))

When Inazuma allowed him to get inside he did it really fast. He didn't know he could go down a ladder at such a speed. He didn't really wait for the other, he was sure it would not be a problem to follow him as he could easily fly down the roof and stuff. Once inside he followed Inazuma to the living room where he did his best to ignore everyone inside as he put back his shirt on. He then sat on a chair and tried to forget everything. He didn't know what other lame job he would get to do so he better rest while he could until the electric Agnimitra decided he had more job to do. If he was nice enough maybe they would let him get his magic back, that way he'd be able to go around outside and stay cold.

((Do what you want about the other people, Sayuk is just waiting for the next job.))

Jade blinked a few times as she looked at Kasai,"You smell like a human." Her eyes narrowed but then she smiled,"My name is Jade. It was nice of you to have helped before while we were in that hotel." Blake smiled and ran a hand through his hair nervously. The wind picked up slightly around him but died then after a while,"I'm Blake. I saw what you did before with the fire. What are you suposed to be?" Jade sighed and rolled her eyes but she smiled,"To much thinking." She sighed and closed her eyes. She felt different for some reason. Her usual happiness had been gone since she had went to the Army's Base.

Bane was woken by the sound of many sets of feet thundering past his door on their way out, but it took him a few minutes to figure out that something was going on, grab his quarterstaff and stick his head out of the door. He blinked in surprise as he was met with a wall of steamy fog obscuring everything but a faint flicker of what might have been flames coming from around an open door near the end of the hall. "What the...?"

He stretched his mind to seek for the presence of the other Agnimitra he'd arrived with, then frowned as he felt their absence. There was another presence, though, one he didn't recognise. It seemed to be moving away quickly, though. He stepped out into the steamy hallway, seeking for a way onto the roof, which he found in the form of a fire escape a little way off. Once up there, he shifted to his dragon form and took off, his dark scales camoflaging him against the dark sky as he followed the new Agnimitra.

He'd been doing an awful lot of this recently, he thought to himself. It was probably bad manners.

((Sorry I've been gone for so long; I've been ridiculously busy recently with work and university interviews)

((I apologize everyone for my recent extended absence. School lately had been killer on my brain and finals this past week did not help in the least. Again sorry. I'll try to catch up.))

Yue immediately woke up when he heard the commotion coming from somewhere. It was close, but not close enough for him to be caught in the crossfire. Apparently something was going on as he heard footsteps from multiple pairs of feet run past his own door. He tensed for a moment, halfway expecting the army to burst in through the door by the sounds of it. When he heard the steps go past him, he waited for a few more moments before cautiously poking his head out of the door. He snorted for a moment when he found that the entire hallway, and probably more than that, was covered with...fog? That wasn't normal. With that he quickly ran out the door to the room and out the building, quickly finding a dark, secluded alley way. He had felt earlier that the other Agnimitra he had come with were no longer in the inn, but he could still feel Bane's presence nearby. He looked to the skies, blue eyes glowing an eerie sapphire in the night, and before long he spotted him, following some other Agnimitra. Within that split second, he made hi decision. He looked around, seeing if there was anyone there before quickly shifting into his dragon form and following after the other. He seemed to be following some other Agnimitra at the moment, one he didn't recognize. So you couldn't blame him for being wary.

((nonsense! Tis fine.))

Kasai listened to Jade's remark about how he smelled. He directed his attention at her and stated. "Is it a problem that I smell like a human?" He realized they were wary, but the remark came off as rude to him. Why should she care if he smelled like a human? It wasn't as if he was going to jump into swamp water to satisfy her aching nose.

Not trying to put his emotions out on display, Kasai simply turned towards Midnight. He was eager to hear what she had to say about where they were going. He didn't want to have to wait much longer.

Edited by ceonn

Jade flinched back,"Sorry if I offended you. It's just that I saw what you did so you must be a Agnimtra. It's just that you smell different then one usually does." Blake sighed and shook his head,"That's a nice way to act to somebody that was gonna help you before." Jade bit her lip and crossed her arms,"Well sorry. this swap smell is making my head ache." Blake smiled and rolled his eyes,"I bet any strong smell makes your head ache." She stuck her tongue at him and he just laughed.

((It's okay guys ^^))

"It's alright. You're not heavy," Midnight replied to Kasai stating he must have been a burden. She might have been a light-weight for an Agnimitra, but she was stronger than the average male human.

"As for his smell, Jade, I imagine that he is half human, half Agnimitra which causes him to not smell like an Agnimitra. It's very advantageous because he can walk around undetected. But, we can't stay here and chat. No doubt the woman from before is searching for us so we must move quickly. Not too far from here is a resistance safe house that I can lead you all to. Sem, I want you to return as well. It's too dangerous for you to be out here by yourself. We can head out again afterwards."

With that all said, Midnight stepped back as she began to change into her dragon form. Flying would be faster and she knew how to mask their presence as long as they all stayed together.

Kasai, can you take a dragon form and fly? If not, you can ride on my back, Midnight said to him.

((I'm going to wait until Dash posts as Dark before I post as Arasi or Ddraig again.

and I don't know what to do for Inazuma and Sayuk. DX))

Koi flew high above the city and all around, searching for those pesky Agnimitra that escaped from her. It wasn't before too long that she noticed two other Agnimitra joined her in the skies. They weren't any of the ones from before, but she did remember that they had been in the hotel. She had just preoccupied with the ones she saw to worry about them yet. Quickly, she turned to head in their direction. Also, neither of these Agnimitra seemed to be in the army because she had never seen them before. She hardly ever forgot if someone was in the army or in the resistance.

Koi lined herself up so she was flying above one of the Agnimitra (Yue), making sure he didn't know she was there by using the clouds as cover. After a moment, she dropped down silently and changed into her human form as she landed on the base dragon's neck. She immediately grabbed on and unsheathed her sword, able to reach the soft underbelly from where she was.

Tell me who you are, she demanded, letting the Agnimitra feel the cold metal against his skin.

Edited by Kira1

Kasai cringed a bit when she said that after turning into her dragon form. He still hated how out of place he felt when he turned into a dragon. He could easily keep up with them by using his powers, but he'd be about as stealthy as a solar eclipse in a cloud free sky. It didn't help that he would probably fall out of it again with about 10 more uses of his power. Giving into his urge to do the smart thing, Kasai began to shift into his dragon form. Standing at about 25 feet with brilliant emerald color scales, Kasai prepared to take flight.

I can handle myself, theres no need for you to worry.

He knew that if he was to be with people like him, he had to be able to do something as simple as flying without looking like a fool. He still couldn't get the nightmare out of his mind. He heard that same voice again repeating everything he said over and over in the back of his mind. The loudest of the repeating phrases was him saying find it. Kasai tried to block it out as he waited to see what everyone else would do.

So that guy was half-human. Interesting. Sen shifted back into his swamp dragon form, trying at least not to get the muck that was always covering him on anybody else. It was extremely embarrassing. "You mean return to the safe house, or return to the base? Either way, we'd best hurry. I can detect the presence of an Agnimitra in the skies, but whether or not it is that woman, I cannot tell." he said, heading into the filthy muck of the swamp. "I'll be fine here by myself as long as I am in the swamp, anyway." he voiced, displaying how he was completely camouflaged in the stagnant goop.

Jade smiled and jumped into the air,"That sounds good to me." She stepped back from them and changed to her dragon form. Her gol scales shone a bit from the moonlight and she flapped her wings hovering off th ground for a while. Blake sighed and took a few steps back before changed to his dragon form. he was bigger then Jade, possibly 30 feet tall or more. He flapped his wins and his left eye opene somewhat. He looked at Jade and then at Midnight. He huffed and flapped his wings hovering in th air somewhat before he flew higher into the air. Jade looked up at him and huffed a strong wind blowing around her. ?She sighed and landed back on the ground. That woman wouldn't be after us if it wasn't for me.

Yue blinked when the dragon he and Bane were following suddenly disappeared above the clouds, suddenly feeling very apprehensive. He could still feel the presence of the other, but couldn't see her in the cover of the dense clouds that they had flown into. He froze and tensed when he felt something drop to his neck, nearly panicking. But he was kept from trying to panic when he felt cold metal against the soft underside of his neck. His gaze went to look at who it was, eyes narrowing when he caught sight of her. The woman had long black hair from what he could tell in the dark of the night. He cold gold eyes stared into his blue ones as she asked him who he was, earning a growl from the black eastern dragon. And why should I tell you? he growled, being careful not to move because of the sword pressed to his neck.

Edited by tai_kouen26

Rain was still sound asleep by the time the party was scheduled to begin. Dark was tempted to make his guests wait until she awoke, but a sense of duty and compulsion forced him to his feet. He was rather eager to drown his troubles in a few glasses too so with slight reluctance he stumbled to his feet. He quickly changed from his everyday clothes into a suave, classic black suit and left his room. It didn't take him long to reach the crowded main hall.

As soon as he entered, the hall fell silent and all eyes turned towards him, waiting for him to give the signal that the party had begun. At this point, he could have given some resounding speech, but he simply wasn't in the mood for that. He just wanted to get down to the point, partying. He nodded at the assembled Agnimitra and signaled them to begin by raising his arm into the air and quickly gesturing them to carry on. There was silence as the assembly waited for something more from their dynamic leader, but when nothing became immediately apparent, the hall dissolved into loud, excited talking.

The first thing Dark did was plunge his way through the crowd, making his way for the bar where the drinks were displayed. Agnimitra on both sides of him parted and acknowledged him with nods and reverent stares as he passed. He ignored them all, intent on his target.

((Remember guys, when they're in dragon form, they do not speak out loud. It is all thought while in dragon form, and that should be italicized. ^^))

Good, all of you stay close to me. Sen, be careful. Midnight said and took off into the sky, high above to gain the cover of the clouds. With her powers, she was able to create a barrier around those in the sky with her to prevent any other Agnimitra from knowing where they were. Once they were set to go, Midnight set the pace to get there quickly, telling Sen they were ready to be on their way. From above she kept tabs on Sen, always checking where he was to make sure he was alright.

---

Because I am holding a sword to your throat, she replied, the cold look in her eyes becoming even more deadlier. Since the Agnimitra didn't know who she was, he obviously wasn't in Dark's army. Everyone who was knew to fear Koi.

Now, state your name, she went on in a deadly tone, pressing the blade against his throat a bit harder.

---

Arasi turned to look at Shadow when she spoke, but the other Agnimitra seemed to have forgotten what she was going to say. With a tilt of her head, Arasi looked at the other curiously but was soon distracted when Dark appeared. He didn't give any speech or do anything dramatic and instead just waved his hand for them to begin. The party erupted into life at that point. Arasi watched as Dark made his way through the crowd to the bar to get himself a drink.

"I'm going to go get something to drink. Do you want anything?" she said to Shadow and waited for an answer.

Ddraig looked over when Dark appeared, but didn't go approach the other. It was best to let the man get a few drinks in him first. Besides, once things became too loud and rambunctious, Ddraig planned to go back into his room. Right now people would notice when he left, but once they were too drunk they wouldn't care.

Edited by Kira1

Yue growled, wincing a bit when the sword was pressed against his neck a bit more. He glared back into her cold eyes, not at all happy about his current position. It seemed like he had no choice but to tell her his name, as much as he really did not want to. He snarled, watching her carefully before speaking again. ...Yue is my name, he admitted, feeling his hackles rise in irritation at the threat of the sword pressed against his neck. He could have attacked her with his own lightning, knowing it would not hurt him. But he was rather unwilling to go with that option, not knowing if it would affect her or not. He was caught int between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

((is it fine to have Kasais speech to be bolded green letters when hes a dragon? Hes always thinking to himself so Id like to keep the two differentiated.))

Kasai kept up with Midnight as best as he could. It wasn't that difficult considering he wasn't that good at flying, so he didn't let his faults be shown so easily. He felt the uneasiness he felt since waking up earlier disappear while they were flying, prompting Kasai to believe Midnight had some sort of shield up. He began to contemplate what he would ask Midnight later.

He was certain that something odd was going on. He began to wonder why no-one attempted to defeat the woman from the hotel room. Kasai shrugged it off, thinking it was probably too risky to do so around humans. For some reason though, it was as if the woman didn't care. Kasai figured that this race was secret, so why didnt the woman even consider some human noticing her, or did she even care?

Alright Midnight, I'll stay close. Man, it sucks that I can't fly. Sen said to her, though mostly to himself. He kept his attention on the sky, though he had to focus back on where he was going to avoid hitting something or to correct his course of direction. All of his senses were running on adrenline, and he felt tension in the air. Who was that woman?Sen thought to himself again.

((It's not hard to separate thoughts to himself from thoughts spoken to others. It's all in the context. I can do it without letting anyone who read it from being confused. All you have to is put like "he thought only to himself" after it or "he directed towards Midnight" and then that lets us know. ^^))

Midnight chuckled a bit when Sen grumbled about not being able to fly. She looked back at Kasai and the others to make sure they were close by. Though, she was mostly concerned with Kasai's well-being. She knew Jade and Blake could follow quite easily, but she didn't know how fast and far Kasai could fly. Midnight did want to increase their pace to reach it that much quicker but she didn't know about Kasai's limits.

---

Yue, she began, am I, Koi, going to have to bring you to Dark the easy way or the hard way?

She asked this in her icy tone which sounded like she would prefer the hard way, because that was just the kind of cold woman she was. She reminded him of the blade by his throat by pressing it a bit harder against his neck, staring him down. If it was going to be the hard way, then she could easily slit his throat. The cut wouldn't be enough to kill him since she wasn't against any major arteries, but he would bleed a lot and be in immense pain. If put up anymore of a struggle, she could turn into her dragon form and plummet them both towards the ground to knock him out. Either way, she had a plan to get this dragon to come back with her.

As for the other dragon, he most likely didn't even notice they were there. By the time he did notice anything, Koi would have already taken care of the Agnimitra before her and would be able to deal with the other.

Edited by Kira1

Kasai kept close behind Midnight. The truth was his mind was aching right now. His eyes were focused ahead of him and determined to reach his goal. he was so close to his answers now, but he managed to keep his cool. He was following casually, cause he knew that if he pushed himself to hard Midnight would begin to worry. He hated being a burden plain and simple.

He wasn't experienced at projecting his thoughts, but he managed to try. He looked directly at Midnight and said, I can tell you are worried about me. Try not to. I know me fainting like that was sudden, but I can handle myself well enough. I'd rather we speed up and hurry there, if we keep going at this pace she will overtake us.

Edited by ceonn

Yue's eyes widened at her words before narrowing again. He growled despite the threat of the sword pressed against his throat. So she wanted to capture him and bring him to the Army? No. He would not allow that to happen. At least not without a fight! Despite the threat of getting his throat sliced open he made the decision of fighting back. He gave a sharp turn to the right and flipped upside down to throw her off. He hissed a bit when he felt a sharp pain on his neck, feeling the warm liquid leaking out of it. It was quite painful for a cut that wasn't a deep one.

Alright, Midnight agreed with Kasai and picked up the pace a bit more. She hoped Kasai wasn't trying to act tough in front of her or anything. Men had a way of letting their pride get in the way of things. Not before too long they arrived at mansion in one piece. Midnight landed in front of the mansion, shifting back to her human form. She turned and waited for the others to shift back as well before heading to the front doors of the large house.

---

When Yue flipped over in an attempt to knock her off, she still managed to cut his throat. However, it wasn't as deep as she would have wished it to be, which means he would still have some fight left in him. As she began to plummet through the sky Koi shifted into her dragon form in a flash. Her wings snapped open, and then with one powerful stroke of her wings she shot herself up straight towards Yue. With claws and fangs ready to attack, she made a grab for Yue's wings to keep him from being able to use them to fly. Then all she had to do was turn so Yue was below her when they crashed into the ground. Luckily, they were over a forest instead of the city.

Sen ran up towards the doors of the mansion, self-conscious of the trail of muck he was leaving across the entryway. He shifted back into being human again, then walked up to move alongside Midnight. He also waited for the others to shift back. He had wanted to fight, but now that the adrenline rush was over, he suddenly felt tired, drained.

Yue was hurting bad. The cut on his throat was quite painful. But he was not going to let this woman take him in to the Army. He growled as he watched her fall and then suddenly shift into her dragon form. So she wanted a fight did she? Well he would sure as heck give her one. He hissed in anger, moving out of the way as she tried to grab his wing. Apparently her intent was to knock him unconscious. He snarled, summoning his lightning and striking her with it. There wasn't much of a reason to hold back anymore considering they were over a forest and he doubted there were any humans wandering the forest at this time of night.