hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

The original Egg Drop Soup banners are broken (they will count only 200 dragons max) but look at the bottom of this page: http://dc.makegames.de/tool.html

Choose the "Simple"-style and simply copy the text from the first textbox to your signature.

Yeah, I want to know how to recreate it in a different type banner.

You mean like... creating a customized banner? You can't, that requires some advanced programming skills.

I know that it take awesome powers of technology but I still want to try and mess around with the code, see if I can recreate it.

Uhm, first of all you will need API access: http://dragcave.net/api.txt

Once you have API access, you will need to count how many dragons of each type a user has. If you have those number, you may use the php GD2-library to draw those numbers on a background of your choice. Thats how you make a banner, but if you dan't want to blow up your server, you will need to implement both browser side caching as well as server side caching.

Depending on your skills, you should be able to do the counting in 40 lines of code, another 30 lines for drawing the image and 50 more lines for the whole cache thing.

it only grabbs eggs and babies on my 1st scroll page sad.gif

This should be fixed. I've finally updated the add page to use the API. No more dead / adult items appearing, and it should get addables from all pages.

Please test it and report any problems! I'll try to get some more features online over the next few days, including fixing the banner / lineage check, adding additional stats, an ER, maybe another banner image or two, and the long-awaited Manage Scroll tool to pull individual items back out of the mix.

It still only grabs my first 200. I have all of mine on one scroll page (there are almost 1500).

edit: Thanks for working on this and I love all the new features you are planning.

Edited by rubyshoes

It still only grabs my first 200. I have all of mine on one scroll page (there are almost 1500).

edit: Thanks for working on this and I love all the new features you are planning.

Ditto - only 200 showing I LOVE the site - except for this thing biggrin.gif

I don't think he was talking about the banner, because he mentions fixing that as something to be worked on. I think he is talking about catching eggs and hatchlings that need added to the site but are not on the first page. Since I have all of mine at the top of my first page I cannot test this. (I actually did test it just now by moving one of my eggs and my hatchling to the middle of my scroll and it worked just fine. It added all of them.)

I will be eagerly awaiting all the new features and am glad to see that the banner will soon be fixed! This is one of my very favorite sites!

Edited by purplehaze

I will be so happy to have the lineage checker running right again. Thanks so much for all your hard work.

Edit: Just realized that the banner was fixed. Thank you thank you thank you! *happy dance*

Edited by Sir Barton

I don't think he was talking about the banner, because he mentions fixing that as something to be worked on. I think he is talking about catching eggs and hatchlings that need added to the site but are not on the first page.

That's correct.

But then I found a few minutes and fixed the banner too. biggrin.gif I should add that the API is a little indeterminate when dealing with hidden items. The banner does its best to determine if you're locked or not, but in some cases you will now see a yellow border and "STATE UNKNOWN" when your particular combination of eggs, hatchlings and hidden could be either locked or unlocked.

I'll keep working on some of the other features over the next few days. IBC is very high on the list.

Edited by hornpipe2

Banner still doesn't work for me but since it works for others than it is probably a problem on my end. I did try three different browsers and none worked. I'll try turning my computer off and back on later and see if that works.

Banner still doesn't work for me but since it works for others than it is probably a problem on my end. I did try three different browsers and none worked. I'll try turning my computer off and back on later and see if that works.

What's your scroll name? You can PM me if you don't want to share it with the forum.

What's your scroll name? You can PM me if you don't want to share it with the forum.

It's llyoung. I'm pretty sure the problem is on my end since when I "play" and put other scrolls that I know have over 200, they all come up with only 200 as well.

It's llyoung. I'm pretty sure the problem is on my end since when I "play" and put other scrolls that I know have over 200, they all come up with only 200 as well.

Okay, yeah, it's working fine on my end. Probably what has happened is that your web browser's cache still thinks the old items are legit. You can try to delete your cache, or wait an hour or so to see if the problem clears itself up.

Okay, yeah, it's working fine on my end. Probably what has happened is that your web browser's cache still thinks the old items are legit. You can try to delete your cache, or wait an hour or so to see if the problem clears itself up.

Thanks. I'll wait and see if it clears up. Thanks again.

It is not working for me, either. I have tried clearing the cache, restarting the browser, restarting the computer and waiting. Nothing has helped. It still shows only 200 dragons. sad.gif

It is not working for me, either. I have tried clearing the cache, restarting the browser, restarting the computer and waiting. Nothing has helped. It still shows only 200 dragons. sad.gif

I tried all of that too. I hope maybe it will clear up on its own in a few days.

Banner's fixed. I test drove it on another site. YAY!!!

Thanks, hornpipe2!! *happy dance*

Not fixed yet:

This it what the numbers should look like:

user posted image

But the numbers in the original are still wrong:

user posted image

I have not a single egg on my scroll, and the number of females is also 1 to high.

Edited by Ext3h

Not fixed yet:

This it what the numbers should look like:

Thanks for the bug report. It was the Leetle Tree, plus a cache issue. The numbers are right now.

Meanwhile:

Inbred Check is fixed!

Since the API gives back the complete lineage, there is no need for the Extended Check any more. All checks are Extended checks.

Remember, just put in your comma-separated list of IDs. Each will be checked and individually reported. If all pass validation, the potential offspring are checked.

EDIT: Scroll Stats are fixed too! (and now with a count of cave-born items) I think that covers all the bug-fixing that needs to happen. I can start working on new features from here, unless anyone uncovers an issue.

Edited by hornpipe2

Thank you. The banner works fine for me now. smile.gif

EDS has an ER now.

Keeping with the "simple is better" theme, users don't have to do anything differently. Instead, any egg or hatchling with less than 24 hours remaining will automatically be prioritized into a reserved first-15 slot and displayed with a blue link border for easy identification. (Still no more than 75 items are shown on the dump at one time).

Edited by hornpipe2

Thanks so much for all your work to get this fixed. I am so glad to have the banner back. smile.gif And the inbred checker.