hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

There seems to be a problem with my stats banner. The 'there was a problem generating the banner'-message is still there, even though the cave's back up and it seems to work for others.

I already tried generating it again and editing it into my sig again, but to no avail...

Edited by Fengari

There seems to be a problem with my stats banner. The 'there was a problem generating the banner'-message is still there, even though the cave's back up and it seems to work for others.

I already tried generating it again and editing it into my sig again, but to no avail...

Same for me. I can't generate a banner. I also can't enter my scroll. I get errors for both.

Same for me.  I can't generate a banner.  I also can't enter my scroll.  I get errors for both.

It seems to be related to this problem... It's causing issues in various places for at least a few other sites that I've checked, too. Though Fengari has few enough dragons that I'm not sure why it doesn't work for her.

As you can see, the banner from EATW does work, so the problem is not with DC itself.

I'll be checking regularly to see if the EDS one works again 'cause it's my nr. 1 hatching site so it's the one I would rather advertise for biggrin.gif

Edit: (although the transparent banner does look nice!)

Edit2: don't mind the banner ATM: I'm in stealth mode to protect my V09 eggie.

Edited by Fengari

Same for me.  I can't generate a banner.  I also can't enter my scroll.  I get errors for both.

Still unable to enter my scroll or generate a banner.

edit: I'll try again in a few days. smile.gif

Edited by rubyshoes

I was just checking out my signature and my status banner says 'status unknown'. I've never seen that before, is there a reason? It shows up in yellow too just like how the 'scroll free' is green and 'scroll locked' is red. Weird!!

I was just checking out my signature and my status banner says 'status unknown'. I've never seen that before, is there a reason? It shows up in yellow too just like how the 'scroll free' is green and 'scroll locked' is red. Weird!!

You have something fogged, so it doesn't know if you're locked or not.

It seems to be related to this problem... It's causing issues in various places for at least a few other sites that I've checked, too.

Thanks, I replaced all calls to serialize with json_decode and the problems for those with large scrolls went away. Let me know if you guys run across any more issues.

Thanks, I replaced all calls to serialize with json_decode and the problems for those with large scrolls went away. Let me know if you guys run across any more issues.

Thank you. It now works for me fine. I can enter my scroll and generate a banner (I'll change my banner later today). smile.gif

Just started using this hatchery... There doesn't seem to be a way to "update" dead/fogged/adult dragons, like there is in some other hatcheries. There is an adult ember dragon in the top-left of the refreshing-box that won't go away; I've had the site open for about 20 minutes now, refreshing every minute, and all the other dragons change with the refresh but that ember adult stays.

edit: It's gone now. It was there for about 30 minutes, tho. Kinda strange.

Edited by Marie19R

Just started using this hatchery... There doesn't seem to be a way to "update" dead/fogged/adult dragons, like there is in some other hatcheries. There is an adult ember dragon in the top-left of the refreshing-box that won't go away; I've had the site open for about 20 minutes now, refreshing every minute, and all the other dragons change with the refresh but that ember adult stays.

edit: It's gone now. It was there for about 30 minutes, tho. Kinda strange.

API queries are cached for one hour, so that one was an ER hatchling that grew up quickly and then stuck around until the cleaning script removed it 50 minutes later.

I could add a little "x" removal button or something, but the effort involved in doing that far outweighs the handful of lost views to other items thanks to adults stuck in the ER.

Oh hey Ext3h, do the times shown in the Breed/BSA tracking pages reflect USER time, Cave time, or EATW server time?

Edit: Definitely doesn't show user time. That could take some getting used to...

Edited by Kanakha

Thanks, I replaced all calls to serialize with json_decode and the problems for those with large scrolls went away.  Let me know if you guys run across any more issues.

I still get this message.

An HTTP error occurred when retrieving the Dragon Cave response. This can happen in times of high traffic. Please try your query again. If the problem persists, leave a bug report on the forum thread.

We have to go back... back to the toolbox!

I tried my nephew's small scroll, and his works. It's just mine that doesn't.

Edited by PrincessLucy

Hi.

Is there any way to add banner support for people with symbol-only names? My scroll name is ^-^ and the banner can't get my scroll.

Thanks for considering this smile.gif.

Edited by icecube

When I try to check the lineages of two dragons for breeding, it checks them successfully but also says, "PARSE ERROR: Dragon Cave reports that the code wpar is invalid," when wpar is nothing like any of the codes I've typed. This happened twice so far.

That might happen when your lineage contains some very old dragons from the beginning of DC. Some of those dragons are bugged and have parents which no longer exist, but never have been marked as dead.

Sometimes this causes even funny glitches like when a dragon from 2008 claims to have dragons from 2010 as parents and both parents are male.

I'm not exactly sure if this is an error or not, but when I check the inbreeding of one of my dragons I only get "12 dragon appear multiple times in this lineage".

This is the lineage I'm trying to check, which has a lot more dragons appearing several times in the lineage.

Your browser does not support iframes (or javascript).

Well, it does support iframes, but I won't switch on javascript for EDS, especially not since it worked rather fine before this change on EDS.

I guess this site's dead for me now. Have a nice life

I checked the inbreeding of an egg 0WSF. I was told there is no inbreeding in the recent linage, however I see several names listed at least twice. http://dragcave.net/lineage/0WSF

Spirit's Golden Pet, Cleopatra's Gold, Dracoodle, Darkeeeeas, Babyblues Marine-CB, Babyblues Roxy-CB and more.

This is the first time I have had this problem. I tried it several times. I even copied and pasted it to make sure I got it right.

edit: It seems tonite is a bad nite, I have found another one that comes up wrong. The checker says there is 4 dragons appearing mulitiple times , however there is 6. BYdu, Tempest Keep, Tearie's Kahlua, Tearie's Chivas, Tearie's Cuervo, and Tearie's Everclear.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/BDsV

I'm sorry but I figured you would rather know, than not.

Edited by DeathDymin

I still can't use EDS.

Perhaps 2,100 dragons presents a problem?

I still can't use EDS.

Perhaps 2,100 dragons presents a problem?

Java ? I never have it running and it seems (see above) that is now a problem....

Well, it does support iframes, but I won't switch on javascript for EDS, especially not since it worked rather fine before this change on EDS.

I guess this site's dead for me now. Have a nice life

Thanks for the tip, didn't realize there were any non-JS users out there.

Try it now.